FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > GUM

GUM

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ruit OP   Woman  over a year ago

near kings lynn

Just been back to the GUM clinic after going with a previous partner a few months ago.

All clear and just need to wait for bloods but only condom free with him of course.

I am quite pleased as was really nervous last time but this time I obviously went alone but wasnt nervous.

I know it may seem silly to others but yay me lol.

Was anyone else nervous like me or been brave like me although sonething not really scary?

Love to know from others.

Fruit xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I sometimes get nervous even though I go a lot. No idea why

I do get worse if it's new staff.

I think its like anything to do with health. You know you need to go to doctors as something is wrong but your nervous about the results. Ive only been to GUM clinic twice but theyre very helpful and reassuring so all the nerves quickly go.

By *eminiman61Man  over a year ago

mansfield

I'm glad you got the all clear I don't understand why anyone would be nervous I always have a good chat n laugh and joke with everyone there as they're always friendly I went last week

I do sometimes get a little nervous, not at going but for the results, even tho i know i protect myself the best i can theres always that 'what if' in the back of my mind, nothings 100% after all

"I do sometimes get a little nervous, not at going but for the results, even tho i know i protect myself the best i can theres always that 'what if' in the back of my mind, nothings 100% after all"

This. It's not the visit, it's waiting for results which is nervewracking. Due my text message tomorrow!

I went 6 weeks ago . Went ok was slightly nervous walking in but that soon disappeared

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

They forgot to text me last time. I was blimmin' nervous then, I can tell you!

"I do sometimes get a little nervous, not at going but for the results, even tho i know i protect myself the best i can theres always that 'what if' in the back of my mind, nothings 100% after all"

I think this is what it is for me.. I get some results instantly ( depending on which of the 4 clinics I use)

More and more though now are using the no news is good news method.. and I start to count down the days..

By *ondering_yorkshiremanMan  over a year ago

Somewhere near NE Derbyshire/S Yorkshire/Nottinghamshire border

" the no news is good news method "

Is wat mine use but I still insist on a text as confirmation, gonna start insisting on full certs though now as a physical proveable history

near kings lynn

Unless your tested evrry day the certificate is only correct on the day the test was done.

You could have unprotected sex the folliwing day so I certainly would not trust anyone with a certificate from last week or last month.

Do people not in a relationship really trust a certificate from a month ago?

Fruit x

It was getting soooo blooming difficult, trying to remember what lies I'd told them, the previous time... I thought "sod it" and told them that I am a swinger. They didn't raise an eyebrow! But they did give me a double ration of free condoms

I get nervous, because it frickin hurts!!!

i have worked in the Gum Clinic in Cardiff and obviously ppl are gonna get nervous even if they dont swing lol and swingers do get more nervous but its human nature to be nervous of any exam/. Just brilliant that so many attend to check they clear innit

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman  over a year ago

Deviant City

I don't get nervous having the tests. I found it easy just to be honest and the nurses where great and we had a giggle.

I get nervous waiting for the results, I play as safe as I can except orally, so that is my main worry.

By *orflondonerMan  over a year ago

Wood Green

"Just been back to the GUM clinic after going with a previous partner a few months ago.

All clear and just need to wait for bloods but only condom free with him of course.

I am quite pleased as was really nervous last time but this time I obviously went alone but wasnt nervous.

I know it may seem silly to others but yay me lol.

Was anyone else nervous like me or been brave like me although sonething not really scary?

Love to know from others.

Fruit xx"

YEah, i got very nervous.But,it was fine.Not my ideal day out,but certainly not as bad as it could of been.The staff were brilliant.

I used to work in g.u.m and you are not the only 1 to be nervous but in all honesty people with what I saw in there don't let the nerves get to you.....staff do this day in day out,,,get checked regular...something that cannot be said enough

"I don't get nervous having the tests. I found it easy just to be honest and the nurses where great and we had a giggle.

I get nervous waiting for the results, I play as safe as I can except orally, so that is my main worry."

Same here but I still don't let guys cum in my mouth.

"I don't get nervous having the tests. I found it easy just to be honest and the nurses where great and we had a giggle.

I get nervous waiting for the results, I play as safe as I can except orally, so that is my main worry.

Same here but I still don't let guys cum in my mouth."

Nasties don't just lurk in sperm, little blighters can be taking up residence on the appendage

" the no news is good news method

Is wat mine use but I still insist on a text as confirmation, gonna start insisting on full certs though now as a physical proveable history

"

And where are you going to get these certificates from? Do you really think that nurses are going to sit down and conjure up a pretty clipart parchment like certificate proudly showing you free from STIs and post it to you.

near kings lynn

Iconic....only STI free on the date it was printed.

The day after the person couple have protected sex and condom splitvor unprotected sex and be a danger to everyone.

Just dont understand people pkaying russian roulette with their sexual health!

By *--Cinders---Couple  over a year ago

a place near Blackpool

I get tested once a month, and dont get nervous anymore, i am honest with the staff and i get tested for my own peace of mind..

Same here but I still don't let guys cum in my mouth.

Nasties don't just lurk in sperm, little blighters can be taking up residence on the appendage "

My messages keep inserting silly smilies at the end! No I know but it cuts down the risks. Let's face it we are all taking a massive risk on here.

[Removed by poster at 07/02/13 13:00:07]

Am I the only one who thinks the name GUM clinic is not very good? I could seriously think of some thickos thinking that a dental check up would suffice!

"Iconic....only STI free on the date it was printed.

The day after the person couple have protected sex and condom splitvor unprotected sex and be a danger to everyone.

Just dont understand people pkaying russian roulette with their sexual health!"

Yes I know... any result is only valid for the time of testing because that is the sample worked from. The next time you have sexual contact you could be at risk.

Clinics usually send results by text, or you dont hear, you'll only get contact if there is a positive result. They dont as a rule print out certificates. There arent the resources and also it would be unlikely that the nurse would be typing this out. And these kind of results are on a need to know basis, so receptionists, admin staff etc do not have access to your personal medical results.

People can ask the clinic for a printed certificate but I very much doubt they will get one.

By *edonism44Man  over a year ago

oldham

Went yesterday , no reason at all, just piece of mind and safety for others also.

You always will have a bit of doubt in your mind ..... It's perfectly natural

I recently went to a private GUM clinic in London to get fully checked out. The Doctor that I saw wanted to chat through why I wanted the tests and what had happened that prompted me to have them. I told him that I swing occasionally with couples and that I had a meeting a few months back where the condom had split. He asked me questions about the woman, if from the UK originally etc. and then went on to tell me that I would be very unlucky to catch anything and that it was actually rarer than people made you believe. I found it really strange that he said that but said I still wanted to go ahead. All was clear so obviously very happy about that and I would still go for regular check ups despite what he said. The other thing he said that made me smile was that the swinging scene sounded like a lot of fun!

"I recently went to a private GUM clinic in London to get fully checked out. The Doctor that I saw wanted to chat through why I wanted the tests and what had happened that prompted me to have them. I told him that I swing occasionally with couples and that I had a meeting a few months back where the condom had split. He asked me questions about the woman, if from the UK originally etc. and then went on to tell me that I would be very unlucky to catch anything and that it was actually rarer than people made you believe. I found it really strange that he said that but said I still wanted to go ahead. All was clear so obviously very happy about that and I would still go for regular check ups despite what he said. The other thing he said that made me smile was that the swinging scene sounded like a lot of fun!"

No probs, it was nice meeting you

Pretty much the opposite of what I was told apparently women of my age are at risk and my local clinic sees a lot of stis. I'm always amazed at how few people admit to having a positive result of any kind on here though. Perhaps only the safer people post?

Many years ago I used to dread going but only because they used the cocktail stirrer/mini umbrella instrument of torture to insert down the shaft of my cock.

These days it is much better, it is like a cotton bud and is hardly invasive at all.

The staff at Macc hospital are always polite and friendly.

» Add a new message to this topic