FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Single guys - ever have a weekend away

Single guys - ever have a weekend away

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Do any single guys ever have a weekend away to visit women or a couple and take in a new city too?

We have seen couples who seem to visit single guys around various cities. We don't have the flexibility to do that so wondered if single guys ever travel to do the same (for the right people of course) .

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

When my friend is out and about, he does sometimes arrange to meet someone but he rarely drives purposely there. I think you will find that loads of people travel, some great distances to meet someone

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Do any single guys ever have a weekend away to visit women or a couple and take in a new city too?

We have seen couples who seem to visit single guys around various cities. We don't have the flexibility to do that so wondered if single guys ever travel to do the same (for the right people of course) . "

yep... i have been to weekends away for socials... done it in scotland and for socials in wales and the south...

its a nice excuse for a weekend away

Yeah I like to do this if I'm visiting somewhere new or old.

I'm based in Teesside, but I often travel back home to Hull, but as yet I haven't arranged any meets through this site when returning home, I've done it off others though.

I also visit Liverpool every April for my birthday, so hopefully I'll get something arranged for that.

But I'm also more than prepared to make a special trip away for a weekend with the right people. I think it boils down to having a good chat with the people concerned, so plenty of messages, and definitely a few phone calls, because if you plan on maybe spending a weekend with someone its a good idea to have the right vibes, so that you'll think you have a good chance of getting on for the whole time. I've never had a problem doing it this way. And have had some really enjoyable fun weekends.

Its also great having a local contact that can show you around the best spots of wherever your visiting. And if your really lucky, maybe even a free bed for the night hahaha! Although some flowers, a nice bottle of vino, or a free night painting the town red, should be included for your hosts I reckon

I dont think anyones brave enough to spend a whole weekend in Dudley

"I dont think anyones brave enough to spend a whole weekend in Dudley "

Is that cos of the area or you savaging them?

By *evilwolfCouple  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"I dont think anyones brave enough to spend a whole weekend in Dudley

Is that cos of the area or you savaging them? "

bit o' both probably (*ducks*)

Wolf

Is that cos of the area or you savaging them? "

its dog rough round here, when i first split from my ex he used to have the kids at the weekend, so i was talking to a guy and we seemed to get on so i invited him over on a weekend i was kid free, he turned up and kept looking out the window at his car and asking if it would be ok, i said....well you can never tell round here they could pinch you wheels while your not looking, being sarcastic, and he left lol

Is that cos of the area or you savaging them?

its dog rough round here, when i first split from my ex he used to have the kids at the weekend, so i was talking to a guy and we seemed to get on so i invited him over on a weekend i was kid free, he turned up and kept looking out the window at his car and asking if it would be ok, i said....well you can never tell round here they could pinch you wheels while your not looking, being sarcastic, and he left lol"

Hahahaha, you should have said that once you had your claws in him

By *eminiman61Man  over a year ago

mansfield

Ive travelled a few hours away to meet people no one off this site yet though. Theres rough places everywhere I doubt Dudleys that bad Ive had weekends in Tipton,Sedgely and Norwich etc

What car did the guy have and why was he worried didnt he have insurance

Anyone from Nottingham will tell you how rough Netherfield,Aspley and Strelly etc are and Ive spent nights around there. A little worried about damage to my car or theft of wheels etc but seriously lifes too short to worry

mansfield

Do cars only get damaged or nicked from rough areas...... I dont think so

By *roggMan  over a year ago

haverfordwest

"Do any single guys ever have a weekend away to visit women or a couple and take in a new city too?

We have seen couples who seem to visit single guys around various cities. We don't have the flexibility to do that so wondered if single guys ever travel to do the same (for the right people of course) .

yep... i have been to weekends away for socials... done it in scotland and for socials in wales and the south...

its a nice excuse for a weekend away "

_abio you are always friendly on here so i am sure those of us in wales are happy to see you in the socials down here and others are in other parts of the country aswell

"I dont think anyones brave enough to spend a whole weekend in Dudley "

Ha ha ha! I've spent a couple of days in Solihull.... Yet hadn't seen my friend for years so it was good fun!

By *anderer2018Man  over a year ago

Bangkok

Yep quite a few times and to lots of different country's I've met some great couples and made some good friends this way!

Newcastle and Gateshead

thank you...

I did one of the cardiff socials last year and it was brilliant to spend a weekend just going around the city and have to say that the welcome I got was lovely... will do it again at some point!!!

its quite funny the subject should come up... because NaughtyNympo's will be able to vouch..

back in the day of the "big grand socials/munches" that everyone from all over the country use to travel to a venue and it use to be a really good laugh.. everyone made weekends of them together..

the kind of died out with the advent of the "local chatrooms".....

the midlands people stuck together,

the north west people as well,

who never then interacted with the yorkshire people,

and then the north east became insular, the scottish broke away and the welsh...

and then london wanted their own...

people who use to travel 50/100 miles no longer interacted with each other...

own socials.. same groups of people, became clicky and stale...

because then very few people travelled anymore, which is such a shame because one of the great things about the old style socials is that you met so many nice people from all over the country...

but all the new people stayed local, because that is all they now know.....

By *oddyWoman  over a year ago

between havant and chichester

"thank you...

I did one of the cardiff socials last year and it was brilliant to spend a weekend just going around the city and have to say that the welcome I got was lovely... will do it again at some point!!!

its quite funny the subject should come up... because NaughtyNympo's will be able to vouch..

back in the day of the "big grand socials/munches" that everyone from all over the country use to travel to a venue and it use to be a really good laugh.. everyone made weekends of them together..

the kind of died out with the advent of the "local chatrooms".....

the midlands people stuck together,

the north west people as well,

who never then interacted with the yorkshire people,

and then the north east became insular, the scottish broke away and the welsh...

and then london wanted their own...

people who use to travel 50/100 miles no longer interacted with each other...

own socials.. same groups of people, became clicky and stale...

because then very few people travelled anymore, which is such a shame because one of the great things about the old style socials is that you met so many nice people from all over the country...

but all the new people stayed local, because that is all they now know..... "

aye the ole days they were such fun

By *kmale421Man  over a year ago

wirral

We have seen couples who seem to visit single guys around various cities. We don't have the flexibility to do that so wondered if single guys ever travel to do the same (for the right people of course) . "

Well I've travelled to Kent for a meet with a couple, so I can't see why I wouldn't travel to Scotland or elsewhere for a meet too.

It does take plenty of messages and phone calls to reassure yourself that your not having a wasted journey, and I suppose you can never be 100% sure til you arrive.

I have to be honest i dont really like guys traveling to far to meet me, i have met a few guys where we have got on on here but when meeting in person they have seemed different and i didnt get on with them as well as i thought i would, i would feel terrible if someone have driven 2 hours to meet me only for me to tell them i didnt want to play

Do people not worry about that when offering to travel a long way?

"I have to be honest i dont really like guys traveling to far to meet me, i have met a few guys where we have got on on here but when meeting in person they have seemed different and i didnt get on with them as well as i thought i would, i would feel terrible if someone have driven 2 hours to meet me only for me to tell them i didnt want to play

Do people not worry about that when offering to travel a long way?"

it's never bothered me to be honest. if the rapport isn't there from the prior contact, then I wouldn't consider it. But everyone concerned should feel certain that they are talking to a person who projects an image online that is true in everyday 'real' life. But that's the tricky part I guess

My best meet was one where we both travelled to a halfway point for a weekend, we hired an apartment and spent the weekend doing normal stuff, with lots of playing too.We had one brief social beforehand cos I was in her area, and we had spent time chatting via email and calls. I've also done it without a social, and have no regrets on any of them

mansfield

Not at all, I say we'll meet as friends if anything else happens its a bonus.

Ive had quite a few cum visit me in Turkey Ive hit it off with every single one some have stayed with me and a couple have stayed or booked into an hotel. I always say no pressure

Must be just me then, maybe i worry to much, i always tend to meet local men as i dont feel bad telling them i dont want to play if they only live a mile or two away, im not sure id be so comfy saying it to someone who had traveled half the country

By *kin BohnerMan  over a year ago

derby

For the right people a little effort is always worth wile. The things I think 'local' is just a car ride away, makes no odds to me if is five miles or fifty. I have got friendly with a couple on here over 100 miles away though we have not met we do plan to.

By *kin BohnerMan  over a year ago

derby

"Must be just me then, maybe i worry to much, i always tend to meet local men as i dont feel bad telling them i dont want to play if they only live a mile or two away, im not sure id be so comfy saying it to someone who had traveled half the country "

I accept what you but if the guy is willing to travel to you on the understanding there may not be any 'play' then is not his choice if he travels or not.

We have had single guys travel to meet us and combined it with something else they want to do in the area.

"Must be just me then, maybe i worry to much, i always tend to meet local men as i dont feel bad telling them i dont want to play if they only live a mile or two away, im not sure id be so comfy saying it to someone who had traveled half the country "

No I think it shows that you don't want to waste anyone's time

By *nvictusMan  over a year ago

Beeston

I have stayed over with ladies in the past, yes. It's nice to have a weekend together out and about and then go back in the evening for fun

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

"

that they were _oddy... I remember days when we pubs use to let us have their saturday nights and closed them just to us... the pull of the socials has people coming from all over the country...

nottingham, essex, glasgow, wigan, doncaster, leeds when we use to book out hotels... and make use of the afternoons by drinking and well as the saturday nights, them all go for breakfast on the sunday mornings.....

I wish it could come back... but there are few of us left with that mentality anymore and people don't travel.....

"

that they were _oddy... I remember days when we pubs use to let us have their saturday nights and closed them just to us... the pull of the socials has people coming from all over the country...

nottingham, essex, glasgow, wigan, doncaster, leeds when we use to book out hotels... and make use of the afternoons by drinking and well as the saturday nights, them all go for breakfast on the sunday mornings.....

I wish it could come back... but there are few of us left with that mentality anymore and people don't travel.....

"

I'd be up for that, but like you say, it's a real shame, especially since sites like this could be used to benefit rather than discourage

i had one all planned out then she pulled the plug on it. myself and wife was not too happy as wife was looking forward to a weekend of funbuddy

"

"

i would for a big social meet, id have no problem getting a train and booking a hotel for the night to go to a old days munch type meet

I also dont have any problem traveling a long way for a private meet if its someone i have met before, dont know if its selfish or not but i dont drive and im just not prepaired to get a train and book a hotel to meet a total stranger, maybe thats why i dont like guys doing it for me because im not prepaired to do it for them

yes i went to london,,,,,and would love to do more if i was offered ......

Yes always good to get out and about for some reason I always end up in the North East though.

"Yes always good to get out and about for some reason I always end up in the North East though."

its the accent

Glad to see people do travel some distance. We also don't mind travel but are limited to how many overnight stays we can get due to kids.

We do take on board what people say that perhaps there is more implied pressure to play if people have travelled far.

We just find it difficult to get what we are looking for locally (but not too local) so will have to travel or find people who are willing to travel to us. Of course the next problem is how you get noticed and taken seriously when you are far away

"Yes always good to get out and about for some reason I always end up in the North East though.

its the accent "

why aye man!

And cos we're all horny buggers

[Removed by poster at 04/02/13 15:34:05]

"Glad to see people do travel some distance. We also don't mind travel but are limited to how many overnight stays we can get due to kids.

We do take on board what people say that perhaps there is more implied pressure to play if people have travelled far.

We just find it difficult to get what we are looking for locally (but not too local) so will have to travel or find people who are willing to travel to us. Of course the next problem is how you get noticed and taken seriously when you are far away "

Posting and chatting here in the forums is a great start! Since I've started chatting in here I've spoken to lots more people that are further afield

"why aye man!

"

i think i've just cum

"why aye man!

i think i've just cum "

Glad to be of service

So we should just say 'Any vwe guys interested in meeting us for MMF. We're verified' ? Lol

Seriously we do find it difficult to search profiles further away as the criteria you can search on is poor. Hopefully the forums will raise our profile but suppose we shouldn't be shy in contacting potential meets even if they are a distance away.

Yeah i would, why not

"So we should just say 'Any vwe guys interested in meeting us for MMF. We're verified' ? Lol

Seriously we do find it difficult to search profiles further away as the criteria you can search on is poor. Hopefully the forums will raise our profile but suppose we shouldn't be shy in contacting potential meets even if they are a distance away. "

Yeah I think so folks, I'm sure you'll find plenty of guys in the forums that are willing to travel for the right people. You've also got the added bonus of them having made connections through the forum too, so you may well find that they are verified and proven to travel.

Best of luck in finding what you seek

"Yes always good to get out and about for some reason I always end up in the North East though.

its the accent

why aye man!

And cos we're all horny buggers "

A combination of the two id say

By *aris23Woman  over a year ago

France

I live quite a distance from civilisation and therefore need to be pretty sure I'd want to play with anyone. There have been plenty of times people have had a 'sorry, this isn't going to happen' but that is usually because they haven't been honest on their profiles. Now I invite people for a coffee meet with the bonus of play should BOTH parties want it. As for weekend visits - if the other party was happy to join in my daytime stuff I'd be happy to show them around the area and give free B&B...lol

By *inky BunnyMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

Used to fly to Oslo regularly for a good shag at weekends for nearly two years. Advance tickets on Ryanair were sometimes as low as a tenner. Travelled to Glasgow just for one night too just for a shag

By *oddyWoman  over a year ago

between havant and chichester

"

"

ile have a word with you know who and see what we can arrange for later in the yr

i would'nt hesitate to travel and spend a weekend away for the right people

I've always travelled. Still living with the ex while we sort a few things out with the divorce/house so we agreed to not bring any meets back here which meant having to.

To be fair after working all week and doing mundane jobs around the house it makes a refreshing to change to get out of town for the weekend even if most of it is only seeing the inside walls of someone else's place.

» Add a new message to this topic