FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Power Exchange in D/s: what is it?

Power Exchange in D/s: what is it?

By *ensual OP   Man  over a year ago

Sutton

I have been thinking about power exchange due to fluctuating relationships in my life, but also looking at profiles.

It is generally said that the hallmark of D/s is power exchange. But it is only the "one true way believers" articulate the nature of power exchange. Basically they believe that the Dom/mme says "jump" and the submissive responds "How high".

In modern D/s there should be negotiation and discussion, but the submissive can set boundaries. Therefore should we refer to it as "power exchange lite"?

What about scenes where the Dominant is facilitating the pleasure of the submissive? Is there really a power exchange where the Dominant is doing what the submissive wants? As an example, where submissives say they want rough sex or commanded to do gangbangs. The submissive wants it but the scene is under the authority of the Dominant, or is the Dominant merely facilitating the fun. I did a scene like that years ago that did not lead to penetration but I controlled what happened and what could happen. That felt like a power exchange situation, but where the submissive has their own way and leads is that power exchange or role play.

In distinction to where the submissive's submission is to please Dominant and they do acts to please the Dominant even though they don't like the acts.

I am just working through stuff in my mind and I am no way saying people cannot label themselves or their relationship how they like.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

» Add a new message to this topic