FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Why is image display always a problem in the 21st century?

Why is image display always a problem in the 21st century?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *arkjack OP   Man  over a year ago

West Cork

DAE have this issue?

I don't mean with Fab, I mean offsite images.

Anytime I upload to an online image host like Imugr and send a link in a PM or I upload to Dropbox, it seems like less than half the population of Fab is able to view them.

What's going on? Doesn't everybody have browsers or smartphone apps that can read images or pdfs?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Maybe they just don’t want to click your link

Why don’t you just upload it direct?

West Cork

"Maybe they just don’t want to click your link

Why don’t you just upload it direct?"

I don't think it's that but I do wonder if it's sometimes technical illiteracy or that they're using apps that can't handle simple things like images or pdfs that aren't native to the app. Either way it's amazing this is a problem - because we were using the web 20 years ago without any of these problems honestly.

Direct uploads are only for your own photos, those are the fab rules I think.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I don't think it's that but I do wonder if it's sometimes technical illiteracy or that they're using apps that can't handle simple things like images or pdfs that aren't native to the app. Either way it's amazing this is a problem - because we were using the web 20 years ago without any of these problems honestly.

Direct uploads are only for your own photos, those are the fab rules I think."

I personally won’t be opening any links someone sends…

Not sure on the rules but I don’t understand what other photos you’d be sending if they aren’t your own photos?

By *atentHeelsCouple  over a year ago

Salford

"DAE have this issue?

I don't mean with Fab, I mean offsite images.

Anytime I upload to an online image host like Imugr and send a link in a PM or I upload to Dropbox, it seems like less than half the population of Fab is able to view them.

What's going on? Doesn't everybody have browsers or smartphone apps that can read images or pdfs?

"

I wouldn’t view them either. I’m not clicking any links that could be dodgy when you could just put the pics here direct. It’s a bus suspicious you want to direct people to other sites when you have all the facilities to host them here

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Direct uploads are only for your own photos, those are the fab rules I think.

Not sure on the rules but I don’t understand what other photos you’d be sending if they aren’t your own photos? "

My thoughts too, why over complicate a process given the existing barriers to genuine interactions between people?

West Cork

"

Not sure on the rules but I don’t understand what other photos you’d be sending if they aren’t your own photos? "

You might be linking to examples of Shibari, sharing erotica etc.

» Add a new message to this topic