FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Timewasters

Timewasters

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So what do people think about timewasters on here. At this moment in time I seem to finding them all. Anyone else have this problem?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ornywelsh2sumCouple  over a year ago

Neath valley.

It is not just singles who timewaste. We had just as much cpls wasre our time also.

By *acknickMan  over a year ago

london

I don't know if you call this time wasting but I've come across a lot of profiles that say one thing in their preferences and then in their text completely contradicts them.

By *rontier PsychiatristMan  over a year ago

Coventry

This is mainly why me and My Girl just prefer to go to clubs. Totally eliminates time wasters and wasted time, energy, disappointment and cost.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"This is mainly why me and My Girl just prefer to go to clubs. Totally eliminates time wasters and wasted time, energy, disappointment and cost."

We’ve had a few socials with couples and been lucky so far

Going to our first club tonight

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

Hope ya enjoy

By *oxy jWoman  over a year ago

somerset

what is a timewaster ? whats your definition of one ? bearing in mind your on a site where nobody owes you anything ..so at least let us know what your definition of one is ?

What do you call a time waster?

By *olden PoleMan  over a year ago

Thal

"What do you call a time waster?"

Some that wasted time….perhaps!?!

"Hope ya enjoy

"

thanks, so we

"What do you call a time waster?.

Some that wasted time….perhaps!?!"

Such as messaging and then not meeting?

Thal

Such as messaging and then not meeting? "

Possibly…..messaging then ghosting.

Maybe….being on a site with absolutely no intention of meeting.

Maybe….being on a site with absolutely no intention of meeting."

Awesome, just off to add time waster to my profile. Thanks!

Thal

Awesome, just off to add time waster to my profile. Thanks! "

Go for it…..you grab that opportunity and make it count Jag-a

Go for it…..you grab that opportunity and make it count Jag-a"

Don't call me that.

Maybe….being on a site with absolutely no intention of meeting."

Theres no rule says you have to meet because you are on here... people use the site differently doesnt make people timewasters...

By *RANDMRSJAECouple  over a year ago

chester

I don’t really care. I can quite happily have my time wasted while I’m working from home.

We have encountered what some would consider a timewaster very recently. I’m unscathed but slightly disappointed - he’s fit!

Thal

Don't call me that. "

Sorry….Jag was fun and sarcastic with a touch of crazy.

Ugly makes me feel blue - and I’m actually not sorry Jag-a

By *_MariusMan  over a year ago

Currently Faraway

I do distinctly remember a few years ago in this website, the forums were reeking of the opinion that the definition of a time waster is a single man who arranges to meet and then he doesn’t meet. Simultaneously it was couple’s and a single woman’s prerogative to arrange a meet and then not meet…As long as we accept that it’s an individual’s prerogative to change their mind, regardless of their sex/gender then there isn’t really such a thing as a time waster on a swingers’ website, is there?

Coventry

"This is mainly why me and My Girl just prefer to go to clubs. Totally eliminates time wasters and wasted time, energy, disappointment and cost.

We’ve had a few socials with couples and been lucky so far

Going to our first club tonight "

Hope you have a great time. We just love you don't need to make any plans with anyone. You just go at your leisure and go find mischief, hopefully more than once in one night. Most of our freinds and acquaintances on the scene we've met in clubs.

Don't call me that.

Ugly makes me feel blue - and I’m actually not sorry Jag-a"

I think you have me confused with someone else.

Theres no rule says you have to meet because you are on here... people use the site differently doesnt make people timewasters... "

It makes the men feel better though..

Thal

Don't call me that.

Ugly makes me feel blue - and I’m actually not sorry Jag-a

I think you have me confused with someone else. "

Nope!

There can’t be two rather attractive women who go all out to convince the world otherwise.

By *isaB45Woman  over a year ago

Fabville

"what is a timewaster ? whats your definition of one ? "

Someone who turned down the OP?..

"

Hope you have a great time. We just love you don't need to make any plans with anyone. You just go at your leisure and go find mischief, hopefully more than once in one night. Most of our freinds and acquaintances on the scene we've met in clubs."

Not sure what to expect, so will just play it by ear and see where the night takes us.

I’m fed of of the time wasters.

Those one above games, and kiss fuck avoids, take up so much of my time, it’s outrageous.

By *arried ExplorersCouple  over a year ago

Newark

"I do distinctly remember a few years ago in this website, the forums were reeking of the opinion that the definition of a time waster is a single man who arranges to meet and then he doesn’t meet. Simultaneously it was couple’s and a single woman’s prerogative to arrange a meet and then not meet…As long as we accept that it’s an individual’s prerogative to change their mind, regardless of their sex/gender then there isn’t really such a thing as a time waster on a swingers’ website, is there?"

Changing your mind is fine. But communicating that would be helpful, rather than let others drive an hour to then be ghosted. A change of mind is understandable (if feustrating), but not communicating that is real time-wasting.

somerset

a timewater on here is NOT someone who wont talk to you or wont answer your messages or a person who does not meet ? as said no one owes anyone anything on this site or any other at a guess id say over half on here dont meet via the site that dont make them timewasters they meet other ways and use the site to keep in touch ...see these timewaster post all the time mainly guys who feel they are entitled to a reply but your not

people will chat to who they want meet who they want they are not going to talk to people they have zero interest in or they do talk and lose interest thats not timewasting thats life also look in the fab rules no reply is not interested

somerset

"

Hope you have a great time. We just love you don't need to make any plans with anyone. You just go at your leisure and go find mischief, hopefully more than once in one night. Most of our freinds and acquaintances on the scene we've met in clubs.

Not sure what to expect, so will just play it by ear and see where the night takes us. "

you'll love it ..

Currently Faraway

"I do distinctly remember a few years ago in this website, the forums were reeking of the opinion that the definition of a time waster is a single man who arranges to meet and then he doesn’t meet. Simultaneously it was couple’s and a single woman’s prerogative to arrange a meet and then not meet…As long as we accept that it’s an individual’s prerogative to change their mind, regardless of their sex/gender then there isn’t really such a thing as a time waster on a swingers’ website, is there?

Changing your mind is fine. But communicating that would be helpful, rather than let others drive an hour to then be ghosted. A change of mind is understandable (if feustrating), but not communicating that is real time-wasting. "

See, I’m tempted to play devil’s advocate and say…drive to where? A specific address that has turned out to be fake? Or did they suggest driving to a pub/café for a meeting and then they didn’t show up? If it’s the former, ok….if it’s the latter…they have every right to do that….that's pretty much what I would get told years ago…

By *aomilatteCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

"So what do people think about timewasters on here. At this moment in time I seem to finding them all. Anyone else have this problem?"

As others have said, there's a lot of time wasters on here including couples, some who use the forums. We also go to clubs, we couldn't do Fab without clubs, it would be too hard work.

Define a time waster OP.

That’s another word that’s thrown around too much…

Someone not replying isn’t a time waster.

Coventry

"

Not sure what to expect, so will just play it by ear and see where the night takes us. "

That's part of the fun not knowing what to expect and nerves as you psych yourselves up to go through that door the first time. That's the best attitude, go with no expectations and take it as you find it. Just remember every club and night is different. You'll be fine.

"Define a time waster OP.

Someone not replying isn’t a time waster. "

Don't they! That and fake.

Someone that doesn't reply, or doesn't wanna meet you after exchanging messages isn't either.

Just accept the fact they don't like you!!!

"Define a time waster OP.

Someone not replying isn’t a time waster.

Don't they! That and fake.

Someone that doesn't reply, or doesn't wanna meet you after exchanging messages isn't either.

Just accept the fact they don't like you!!!

"

this

By *iman2100Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I do distinctly remember a few years ago in this website, the forums were reeking of the opinion that the definition of a time waster is a single man who arranges to meet and then he doesn’t meet. Simultaneously it was couple’s and a single woman’s prerogative to arrange a meet and then not meet…As long as we accept that it’s an individual’s prerogative to change their mind, regardless of their sex/gender then there isn’t really such a thing as a time waster on a swingers’ website, is there?

Changing your mind is fine. But communicating that would be helpful, rather than let others drive an hour to then be ghosted. A change of mind is understandable (if feustrating), but not communicating that is real time-wasting.

See, I’m tempted to play devil’s advocate and say…drive to where? A specific address that has turned out to be fake? Or did they suggest driving to a pub/café for a meeting and then they didn’t show up? If it’s the former, ok….if it’s the latter…they have every right to do that….that's pretty much what I would get told years ago…"

We all agree people have the right to withdraw from a meet. Where the timewaster accusation is deserved is when it leads to another party having their time wasted.

Quite simply, for example, if a lady chats to a guy for 2 weeks on here. Switches to Kik and chats some more, then agrees to meet at a time and place, it is reasonable for the guy to expect her to turn up.

If she then decides on the morning of the meet she does not want to meet, then is the moment the Timewaster or not judgement cuts in.

If she messages him and says "Sorry I changed my mind" she is exercising her free will and right to withdraw and is not a timewaster.

If she ghosts him or gaslights him and leaves him to go to the meeting spot alone then she has wasted his time and is a Timewaster; whatever her reason for withdrawing.

Chatting and not meeting is not timewasting in my book. Causing others abortive travel and wasted time at the meeting place because they have not been told is timewasting.

By *aomilatteCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

"As long as we accept that it’s an individual’s prerogative to change their mind, regardless of their sex/gender then there isn’t really such a thing as a time waster on a swingers’ website, is there?"

People who arrange to meet but don't turn up aren't time wasters! People who swap messages and say how much they want to meet but change their mind also aren't time wasters! (No time was involved!)

In the case of couples, we're of the opinion that maybe the Men do most of the messaging and arrange to meet. He shows his partner the profile and she's not interested, or he has a w#nk and the feeling passes

By *ellhungvweMan  over a year ago

Cheltenham

If someone pulls out of a meet the first time then I can understand that. Life happens. I am warier about a second meet but if it does get put back in the diary and they no show again then that is just a block and move on. Life is too short.

I also tend to cut conversations that are not leading anywhere back pretty quickly as well now. I get people like to “chat” but “chatters” also, in my experience, tend not to meet. Obviously your experience might vary but life is, again, too short.

By *arried ExplorersCouple  over a year ago

Newark

"People who arrange to meet but don't turn up aren't time wasters! "

In our view they are time wasters , if they don’t communicate that change of mind. If they do, then fair enough.

"People who swap messages and say how much they want to meet but change their mind also aren't time wasters! (No time was involved!)"

Agree.

" In the case of couples, we're of the opinion that maybe the Men do most of the messaging and arrange to meet. He shows his partner the profile and she's not interested, or he has a w#nk and the feeling passes "

Yeah, quite likely. But the courteous thing to say would be, something like… I’d love to meet, the diary looks clear, but will need to double check with partner.

I don’t see why all manners have to go out of the window just because it is a swingers’ site. We all agree the "no" is fine (I hope) at any stage in proceedings, but at least actually say it, especially if a date, time and venue have been set,

By *aughty Hubby n Sexy WifeCouple  over a year ago

Scarborogh

Time wasters is a touchy subject, I’m happy to ping pong messages, we all have loved and a lot of the time they can be 100 miles away.

Our weekends don’t match up and they may have young children, we do and sometimes it’s just impossible.

That all said if we go get a date that matches, TURN UP, or message with time for us to arrange something else. No shows to us are Time Wasters.

By *omRachCouple  over a year ago

Wirral

We got letdown by some arsehole about 5 weeks ago, wasn't the 1st and I doubt he'll be the last.

Block the frauds, dust yourself down and move on.

By *omRachCouple  over a year ago

Wirral

"what is a timewaster ? whats your definition of one ? bearing in mind your on a site where nobody owes you anything ..so at least let us know what your definition of one is ? "

Someone who doesn't turn up at an agreed upon venue at an agreed upon time who offers nothing in the way of communication to indicate to you that they cannot make it.

For me it'd be a no notice, no show. Beyond that even on the day everyone has the right to change their mind without being labelled time wasting

Currently Faraway

I am inclined to agree with the last few posts that no show + no communication, after an agreed time and place is a timewaster sign…then again, many would disagree

By *uckwife69Woman  over a year ago

swansea

"It is not just singles who timewaste. We had just as much cpls wasre our time also. "

When I was married we started meeting single men due to a run of no shows with cpls .... so it not just singles who sate others time.....

By *he_Secret_GardenWoman  over a year ago

Naughty Lane

"So what do people think about timewasters on here. At this moment in time I seem to finding them all. Anyone else have this problem?"

Thats part of fab... plenty of them floating around,unfortunately...

By *layful HarlequinMan  over a year ago

uxbridge

Oh yes lot of that but that’s just the way it is on fab. All part of the fun

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Someone can only waste your time of you allow them to.

Personally the minute I think someone is only looking for wank material or is pushing for something I don't want I stop chatting. Sometimes I will say it first sometimes I won't bother it all depends on the person and their attitude.

The fact I'm not doing any new meets for the foreseeable future is at the top of my profile so if someone contacts me and I reply it is the first thing I tell them as well .If they continue to want to chat then get pissed off because I won't meet that's on them.

By *toC Thats MeWoman  over a year ago

Sheffield

I don’t think anything of them. They don’t affect me or my experience with swinging at all. I stick with clubs for that reason. X

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

I think if they message me without reading my profile they are wasting their own time.

By *rlandoMan  over a year ago

Yorks/Lincs

everyone with a profile is a potential timewaster ...

couple and single female profiles that have been here for three weeks , with no verification or photo.

there is always someone going to send a message then wonder why they bothered ?

» Add a new message to this topic