Leeds LFF

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uzy050 OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Bolton

Whats happened to Leeds LFF , is it still going

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *achel SmythTV/TS  over a year ago

Farnborough

I’ve just checked the event on TVChix, and says it is on, but possibly subject to cancellation… not sure what has happened. .

I know that the Cosmo closed for a refurb, and as I understand it I think had moved to the Marriott round the corner.

I do hope it hasn’t ended. I admit I haven’t been to LFF since before COVID, but it is one of my most favourite TV nights out … a proper ‘girls’ night out.

I’m watching this post with interest.

R xx

By *aulaxd2020TV/TS  over a year ago

dudley

"I’ve just checked the event on TVChix, and says it is on, but possibly subject to cancellation… not sure what has happened. .

I know that the Cosmo closed for a refurb, and as I understand it I think had moved to the Marriott round the corner.

I do hope it hasn’t ended. I admit I haven’t been to LFF since before COVID, but it is one of my most favourite TV nights out … a proper ‘girls’ night out.

R xx

"

I’m guessing it says the the event is subject to cancellation is because Janie who ran the event sadly died in July and she had previously created all the events until Christmas this year and at the time there was still a lot of uncertainty regarding the situation regarding Covid.... and her profile is unacessable so the wording of the event can’t be changed, Personally I think it’s nice that her name lives on a little bit longer, For the record it was me that actually introduced Janie to TvChix and Leeds First Friday before she later took over running it, It’s really sad that she’s gone and LFF isn’t the same without her ??

By *achel SmythTV/TS  over a year ago

Farnborough

"I’ve just checked the event on TVChix, and says it is on, but possibly subject to cancellation… not sure what has happened. .

R xx

I’m guessing it says the the event is subject to cancellation is because Janie who ran the event sadly died in July and she had previously created all the events until Christmas this year and at the time there was still a lot of uncertainty regarding the situation regarding Covid.... and her profile is unacessable so the wording of the event can’t be changed, Personally I think it’s nice that her name lives on a little bit longer, For the record it was me that actually introduced Janie to TvChix and Leeds First Friday before she later took over running it, It’s really sad that she’s gone and LFF isn’t the same without her ?? "

Oh wow!! I didn’t know that. I’m not sure I met Janie… so many girls there on an LFF night. It would be a fitting tribute if it continued.. I feel guilty now in not going for sooo long.

I hope it lives on xx

R xx

dudley

Yes LFF will continue for the foreseeable future it’s still well attended, last time I went was March this year, I may possibly be going this Friday

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I'm at work for this one, but will be up in November for the first time in a while

dudley

"I'm at work for this one, but will be up in November for the first time in a while "
would be nice to catch up with you, I saw you on my first ever LFF visit and you showed me around all the different venues, must have been around 7 or 8 years ago, I’ve been to LFF at least 30times since then and I’ve never seen there again

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

"I'm at work for this one, but will be up in November for the first time in a while would be nice to catch up with you, I saw you on my first ever LFF visit and you showed me around all the different venues, must have been around 7 or 8 years ago, I’ve been to LFF at least 30times since then and I’ve never seen there again "

It'll be brilliant to see you. I'm terrible with faces, so remember to collar me and say hi, please

dudley

"I'm at work for this one, but will be up in November for the first time in a while would be nice to catch up with you, I saw you on my first ever LFF visit and you showed me around all the different venues, must have been around 7 or 8 years ago, I’ve been to LFF at least 30times since then and I’ve never seen there again

It'll be brilliant to see you. I'm terrible with faces, so remember to collar me and say hi, please "

yes I will do you will be easy to spot ... couple of things make you stand out in a crowd

» Add a new message to this topic