FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > London Marathon

London Marathon

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

We are both running the London Marathon in a few weeks and wondered if there was many others on Fab also running?

It's our first ever marathon so we are both excited and nervous.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ull English with teaMan  over a year ago

London

Make sure you Vaseline your nipples (no joke) - good luck!

By *assoMan  over a year ago

Dunstable

I am doing the virtual one as wasnt lucky enough to get in on the ballot, but having said that done it last year.

Just go out and wnjoy it, the support its amazing..

Good luck

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes I'm doing it (Mrs), first London but did Manchester a few months ago x

By *ull English with teaMan  over a year ago

London

"I am doing the virtual one as wasnt lucky enough to get in on the ballot, but having said that done it last year.

Just go out and wnjoy it, the support its amazing..

Good luck"

I’m also doing the virtual one on the Nintendo Switch…

We have a large tub of vaseline lol and thank you xx

Hopefully we'll get to soak up the whole day and make it to the finish line.

We didn't get in via the ballot either but we're both very lucky to get late entries from a charity.

"Yes I'm doing it (Mrs), first London but did Manchester a few months ago x"

Christ that is amazing, two marathons in such a short space of time. We have said that people that do this regularly must be super human.

Our training for this one from nearly zero running to feeling ready ish has taken up so much time. Xx

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

I've never done London (though it looks like I may be next april) but have done several marathons and will almost certainly be out on the course cheering, usually head for around Mile 17 where the crowds are sparse and runners need it most.

Good luck and enjoy (and don't start too fast!)

By *aughtySmilesMan  over a year ago

London

Have ran it a few times in the past. Good luck, it's hard work but you'll feel a great sense of achievement when you've finished.

By *goodlengthMan  over a year ago

near Trowbridge

Yes, I’m running it. I’ve been fortunate to do so before and can confirm that the crowds and atmosphere make the day. Whether your going for a time or just to complete, do enjoy it.

By *iscreet gent2018Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

London is great. Enjoy the atmosphere and support you’ll receive from the crowd. It was my first marathon and developed a love for increased distance. I’ve got a 150 miler coming up next

150 miles holy sh*t that's ridiculous but good luck.

We are absolutely petrified by 26.2 miles haha

By *oobyHotwifeWoman  over a year ago

Thurrock

No but good luck, my husband & I have both run it previously

I usually go & cheer but unfortunately a weekend away we had planned for next weekend has been put back two weeks because of the queens funeral so it looks like I'll miss out on cheering which I'll be gutted about it's a great day and I've only missed it twice in 17 years

I've has been to watch the marathon in London a few times and it's such a great atmosphere and day.

P x

Hello just leaving a message for people who have run the London marathon and will be running the London marathon. I hope your training is going well . I've never run a marathon myself but I plan to in may of next year, 5 years ago I want to base camp Everest and there is a base camp Everest marathon and I have got my name down for it. I have done half marathons and 10 mile road races

I’m not running but am going to cheer on a friend, the atmosphere there is brilliant!

By *eembuckMan  over a year ago

Emsworth

Yes running it for 1st time. Arrive in town Saturday morning

"We are both running the London Marathon in a few weeks and wondered if there was many others on Fab also running?

It's our first ever marathon so we are both excited and nervous."

Trust me you will hit walls at various stages but the crowd and other runners encourage you through also keep your eyes out for the wacky costumes its an awesome experience I did 2015 and 2017 I'm a wheelchair user so downhill is awesome so keep your eyes peeled for speedsters lol hope you find it as magic as I did enjoy

This will be my third London Marathon. Make sure you eat well in the days leading up, stick to a pace you can handle…and no sex the night before Enjoy it!!

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

Did it in 2013 the year of the Boston bomb, which happened the week before. So we felt as if we were running in tribute to those that died or were hurt.

It’s a great day and atmosphere, each mile marker has balloons so you can see them from quite a distance. The last few miles are wonderful especially down embankment.

My advice is always run the mile your in, forget about what’s ahead or behind you, it’s what’s happening now that counts. Stick to that mindset and you’ll be surprised how much you’ll enjoy your run. If you’ve done the training it’s easy.

Good luck, ignore times London is terrible for PB’s it’s too crowded, also being overtaken by Superman or a giant crocodile is always a sight to see.

But most of all, come back to this thread and give us an account of your day.

It was an amazing experience because of the atmosphere created by the hundreds of thousands that come out to cheer, help and support.

We both found it to be a hugely emotional event and one we'll both be proud of forever.

Once was enough though haha xx

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

"It was an amazing experience because of the atmosphere created by the hundreds of thousands that come out to cheer, help and support.

We both found it to be a hugely emotional event and one we'll both be proud of forever.

Once was enough though haha xx"

Well done!

I was gutted not to be there supporting this year, first one I've missed in several years

By *he_Wite_NiteMan  over a year ago

Usually Dundee and around

"It was an amazing experience because of the atmosphere created by the hundreds of thousands that come out to cheer, help and support.

"

Well done OP to both of you!

It is an amazing event with support every metre of the route!

I ran last year, got a PB and loved every mile of it!

By *ase4122Man  over a year ago

Lancashire

"We are both running the London Marathon in a few weeks and wondered if there was many others on Fab also running?

It's our first ever marathon so we are both excited and nervous."

Unfortunately due to arthritis in my spine, running isn't an option, however good luck to both of you, hope you do well.

» Add a new message to this topic