FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > People insisting on site admin verification

People insisting on site admin verification

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

We completely understand the need for safety but really can’t get our heads around people that request site admin verification above actual meet verifications.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Could it not be possible to create 2 accounts and 'verify' each other that way. Can see why the added layer of site verification is helpful.

Surely it’s easy to forge a photo to site admin than to get false verifications from meets??

By *toC Thats MeWoman  over a year ago

Sheffield

I totally get this, just helps cut down on fakes really. I don’t understand why it would ever be an issue to photo verify as it takes 5 mins.

But if you are verified by verified people surely that’s better than sending a photo to site admin??

By *toC Thats MeWoman  over a year ago

Sheffield

"But if you are verified by verified people surely that’s better than sending a photo to site admin??"

Would depend on how recent the verifications are I think. Couples my split up over time etc. you really never know on here for sure. I’d rather stick to going to clubs.

We completely understand that clubs are the best way to meet but are still purplexed that some people accept photo verification over real meet verifications. X

By *xploring_FunWoman  over a year ago

Coventry

It’s a piece of the puzzle.

Not all couple profiles that have the pic verification are genuine, however all of the fake ones I’ve come across don’t have it.

It’s the same if a profile only has a verification from a hidden profile. It doesn’t mean it’s fake, but so far all the fake ones I’ve encountered have had one single veri from a hidden profile.

By *ootprints1629Couple  over a year ago

somewhere in moray

We would rather they had meet verifications. Admin verifications are to easy cheat!

Security is like an onion.

Very hard for a new guy to get verified because nobody seems to want to talk to a newbie.Cant believe folk would actually cheat to get verified,what's the point.

By *amspoonsMan  over a year ago

North East

"Very hard for a new guy to get verified because nobody seems to want to talk to a newbie.Cant believe folk would actually cheat to get verified,what's the point."

But if you cheat to get verified so that you can vtually.meet to get real verifications..? Thats the point.

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

The first thing we were offered on here was a fake verification to "get us started", which we naturally declined and reported. No big deal to get photo verified and if someone doesn't want to meet without it maybe you're not compatible anyway.

By *uzz And WoodyCouple  over a year ago

Maidstone

We like to see a green flag. As was mentioned previously, it takes minutes to get one and we can only assume couples without them are not genuine, normally just the single guy still clinging onto their original couples account, using the site to carry on perving.

Ed

"Very hard for a new guy to get verified because nobody seems to want to talk to a newbie.Cant believe folk would actually cheat to get verified,what's the point."

We would verify someone if we met them

In a club and they seemed reasonable.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

People have various ways of establishing that the person/people they're potentially going to meet are actually who they say they are or at least the gender they claim to be. If they ask for something you aren't prepared to provide it means you're not compatible, nothing more.

By *hosewhomgonakedCouple  over a year ago

Scotland

It's less of an extra layer for single guys as they can easily upload a pic of themselves, but if they have nothing else then it's good to see.

For a couple it's something we do look for, as it shows that two people have taken the time and are consenting to uploading a pic for the site. Unless they really do have a lot of recent verifications from other reliable accounts that says met both.

In your case op, we would look for it especially, since your last verification was a few years ago getting a recent photo verification by admin would show that both of you are still there.

If you are both there and genuine there really is no reason nor to get it, so it's more of a flag that's its missing.

By *ickdasterdly51Man  over a year ago

Lingfield

Personally I'm very dubious of any couples that aren't photo verified with no actual verifications. As said, it takes five minutes to do and shows that both halves of the couple are consenting. I'm of the view that photo verification should be mandatory for all new members, it might not be 109% foolproof but it's better than nothing to out all the fakes.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

We're not photo verified and have no intention of doing so.

Both of us are clearly active on Fab, have plenty of personal verifications and we mostly meet at clubs anyway.

If our lack of a photo verification puts someone off, they're probably not right for us anyway.

Nita

By *lixir of lifeMan  over a year ago

knob Creek

Many profiles have messages me asking to verify them..

Of course I said no, but we know there are desperate people on here who will do anything if they think it will get people to talk to them..

By *hosewhomgonakedCouple  over a year ago

Scotland

As you say tho, you clearly meet regularly and recently. So not in at issue at all.

OP has not met for a few years and even then not much, can only imagine that someone has asked them to photo verify because of that fact, as it would help to show that both partners are still active.

"We're not photo verified and have no intention of doing so.

Both of us are clearly active on Fab, have plenty of personal verifications and we mostly meet at clubs anyway.

If our lack of a photo verification puts someone off, they're probably not right for us anyway.

Nita"

This^^^

Our veris prove we’re real and if we don’t get one for a while we’d just ask the next club we visit to verify us again. Photo verifications are so easily faked. It would take me all of 2 minutes to steal someone’s photo and stick a new name on the piece of paper and I’m useless with photo editing software.

By *ame-room-no-swapCouple  over a year ago

Taunton

"Could it not be possible to create 2 accounts and 'verify' each other that way. Can see why the added layer of site verification is helpful. "

You can’t verify someone unless you have received a verification yourself first

By *evaquitCouple  over a year ago

Catthorpe

Our best meet was with a guy who still isn't site verified to this day, plenty of verifications by meet though which is what we went off. His reasoning was that he didn't want his face pic stored on a randoms website that he has no control over what's done with it.

By *uitednbooted2Man  over a year ago

Berkshire

"I totally get this, just helps cut down on fakes really. I don’t understand why it would ever be an issue to photo verify as it takes 5 mins."

Exactly this People not doing this and having bullshit reasons for not is just a red flag to me.

"It's less of an extra layer for single guys as they can easily upload a pic of themselves, but if they have nothing else then it's good to see.

For a couple it's something we do look for, as it shows that two people have taken the time and are consenting to uploading a pic for the site. Unless they really do have a lot of recent verifications from other reliable accounts that says met both.

In your case op, we would look for it especially, since your last verification was a few years ago getting a recent photo verification by admin would show that both of you are still there.

If you are both there and genuine there really is no reason nor to get it, so it's more of a flag that's its missing. "

This 100% in fact we would be happy as a couple needing to do it every 6 months to prove we are still together and active.

As said it's a piece of the puzzle but its most important for couples rather than singles as it s out the single guys clinging to an old couples account etc.

In terms of meet verifications follow the very trail if its only 1 old very leading to a hidden account its fake. If they have veris from active users who attend clubs, socials who in turn have a range of veris then its all good.

KJ

"Our best meet was with a guy who still isn't site verified to this day, plenty of verifications by meet though which is what we went off. His reasoning was that he didn't want his face pic stored on a randoms website that he has no control over what's done with it."

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Could it not be possible to create 2 accounts and 'verify' each other that way. Can see why the added layer of site verification is helpful. "

A profile needs to be verified "by meeting" before they can verify others.

Two people who are both "Photo Verified" can meet, but won't be able to verify each other.

Cal

"We like to see a green flag. As was mentioned previously, it takes minutes to get one and we can only assume couples without them are not genuine, normally just the single guy still clinging onto their original couples account, using the site to carry on perving.

Ed"

How would a green flag prove they are genuine? It could still be a single guy on a couple profile and the wife thought he deleted it 15 years ago.

By *he love catsCouple  over a year ago

South Wales

Photo verification is so easy to do, can't understand why people choose not to do it. Whereas other verifications can be a bit iffy as some will set up numerous accounts just to verify themselves and friends. I have clicked on profile's with three veris and all those veris comes from the same group of people, one account will disappear, up pops another, you guessed it verified by the same people again, none of these accounts ever get photo verification from administration.

By *aiseiMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

It’s just an extra layer of security that also gives people an option.

If you meet regularly as some people have stated, the photo veri doesn’t really mean much.

But if you’re new or don’t meet often, it’s just any extra way to show you’ve made some effort to be genuine.

There are flaws of course, but you’re not trying to get access to GCHQ.

By *oobyHotwifeWoman  over a year ago

Thurrock

Everyone's got their own way of filtering people out, none are right or wrong, it's down to the individual how they run their account

I try and look at it like there's plenty of other people on here, their loss, move on x

if all you do is reley on veri's then your asking for letdowns and fakes ... nothing via the internet is fool proof ...there are 1000s of guys on here who get false veri's from single women who use the site to flirt only or want money / or fab pics to the top and the photo veri's well there,s tonnes of tools out there to fake that .... theres also vpn that some use to veri themselves and others ...its a mone field so its best to work out your own way of finding out if people are real or not ...... do even get me started on cam veri's biggest waste of time ever is them...

By *sBlueWoman  over a year ago

Up North

Stops most men pretending to be women

By *iman2100Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Nita

This^^^

Our veris prove we’re real and if we don’t get one for a while we’d just ask the next club we visit to verify us again. Photo verifications are so easily faked. It would take me all of 2 minutes to steal someone’s photo and stick a new name on the piece of paper and I’m useless with photo editing software. "

I don't go to clubs; but I guess if someone was a determined timewaster they would simply buy their way into a club, because that way they would not have the hassel of actually trying to meet anyone. Once in they can chat to as many members as they can, asking for a veri at the end of each chat.

Needless to say, they would give a different fake profile name to each so they then have a selection of verified profiles for their entry money at the end of the evening.

So, for me, if I see a veri that says, "I met X socially at a club and he/she/they were nice." it does not count for too much in my book. However each to their own. I do not think any system is foolproof.

By *aomilatteCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

There's loads of fakes on here who are photo verified, it's easily done with a smartphone. It's not something we or most real profiles on here look for. Most real swingers on here are very savvy in knowing which are the genuine profiles.

By *ame-room-no-swapCouple  over a year ago

Taunton

"Photo verification is so easy to do, can't understand why people choose not to do it. Whereas other verifications can be a bit iffy as some will set up numerous accounts just to verify themselves and friends. I have clicked on profile's with three veris and all those veris comes from the same group of people, one account will disappear, up pops another, you guessed it verified by the same people again, none of these accounts ever get photo verification from administration."

As said above, no website is secure, and we won't supply any picture which could be compromising in any way if it became public. If any doubts we are genuine despite our meeting veris then we are probably not for them and vice versa.

Nita

This^^^

Our veris prove we’re real and if we don’t get one for a while we’d just ask the next club we visit to verify us again. Photo verifications are so easily faked. It would take me all of 2 minutes to steal someone’s photo and stick a new name on the piece of paper and I’m useless with photo editing software.

I don't go to clubs; but I guess if someone was a determined timewaster they would simply buy their way into a club, because that way they would not have the hassel of actually trying to meet anyone. Once in they can chat to as many members as they can, asking for a veri at the end of each chat.

Needless to say, they would give a different fake profile name to each so they then have a selection of verified profiles for their entry money at the end of the evening.

So, for me, if I see a veri that says, "I met X socially at a club and he/she/they were nice." it does not count for too much in my book. However each to their own. I do not think any system is foolproof."

I think that’s a lot of effort for someone to go through just to waste peoples time on the internet.

I meant more as a couple. It proves we’re a genuine couple that have shown up and we are who we say we are. That’s all a veri means to us so that’s all that matters in our opinion.

By *aughtyloversCouple  over a year ago

Hull

Some fake profiles/ people do have the giggle factor keeps us amused lol

By *aomilatteCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

"Some fake profiles/ people do have the giggle factor keeps us amused lol "

Bet you hotlist them like we do for entertainment purposes? Then when 2 fakes are chatting to each other on a forum thread thinking the other is real

By *aughtyloversCouple  over a year ago

Hull

"Some fake profiles/ people do have the giggle factor keeps us amused lol

Bet you hotlist them like we do for entertainment purposes? Then when 2 fakes are chatting to each other on a forum thread thinking the other is real "

By *uzz And WoodyCouple  over a year ago

Maidstone

"We like to see a green flag. As was mentioned previously, it takes minutes to get one and we can only assume couples without them are not genuine, normally just the single guy still clinging onto their original couples account, using the site to carry on perving.

Ed

How would a green flag prove they are genuine? It could still be a single guy on a couple profile and the wife thought he deleted it 15 years ago. "

This is also true. We also love to chat via KIK within a group chat, so everyone can chat ‘live’. The not so genuine couples suddenly become unstuck and unable to talk at the same time. Best way to rumble the fakes is to arrange a social meet prior to play. Can’t really fake that.

Ed

I have seen plenty of scammers with site verification. Also, site verification just verifies you are the person you claim to be. Meet verification also shows that you are not flaky and will turn up for a meet You are right. Meet verifications are better. Just ensure that the account of the person who verified looks genuine too.

By *xploring_FunWoman  over a year ago

Coventry

"I have seen plenty of scammers with site verification. Also, site verification just verifies you are the person you claim to be. Meet verification also shows that you are not flaky and will turn up for a meet You are right. Meet verifications are better. Just ensure that the account of the person who verified looks genuine too."

Meet verifications just show that you turned up for those meets.

Last time I was in Coventry and I was let down by three well verified guys.

It’s an indicator that they exist, but doesn’t actually prove reliability sadly.

"I have seen plenty of scammers with site verification. Also, site verification just verifies you are the person you claim to be. Meet verification also shows that you are not flaky and will turn up for a meet You are right. Meet verifications are better. Just ensure that the account of the person who verified looks genuine too.

Meet verifications just show that you turned up for those meets.

Last time I was in Coventry and I was let down by three well verified guys.

It’s an indicator that they exist, but doesn’t actually prove reliability sadly."

None of these verifications are 100% reliable obviously. But relatively speaking, meet verifications are better than site verification.

ADMIN, PLEASE CAN YOU RESPOND TO MY MESSAGES!

» Add a new message to this topic