FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Blocked

Blocked

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

When I message members who seem to be a mutual fit I try to make my intro messages polite and interesting. I actually get a reply to most, including many "no thanks", which is fair enough. I won't be too everyone's taste but I find it strange that they then proceed to block me. What's the point in that? I find it weird behaviour tbh or is that the norm?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ango and gashCouple  over a year ago

bilston

It's probably to save hassle in the future, if they not interested in you, just move on, good luck with your search for fun,

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It does seem a bit brutal, but it is quite normal on here. And if you are married, as per your username, then it doesn’t matter how polite you are.

By *uby StarCouple  over a year ago

Durham

There could be 1001 reasons why people block. They weren't interested in you anyway so I really wouldn't worry yourself.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Maybe they block you because they don't like your pics

By *AYENCouple  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

"When I message members who seem to be a mutual fit I try to make my intro messages polite and interesting. I actually get a reply to most, including many "no thanks", which is fair enough. I won't be too everyone's taste but I find it strange that they then proceed to block me. What's the point in that? I find it weird behaviour tbh or is that the norm? "

We haven't experienced it, but apparently a lot of guys become abusive when rejected, so blocking is often done to avoid potential abuse.

It also stops repeat messages from those that aren't a fit.

Everyone runs their account how they see fit, don't take it personally and just move on

"When I message members who seem to be a mutual fit I try to make my intro messages polite and interesting. I actually get a reply to most, including many "no thanks", which is fair enough. I won't be too everyone's taste but I find it strange that they then proceed to block me. What's the point in that? I find it weird behaviour tbh or is that the norm? "

its not bad behavior people need to stop looking at the block button as rude its not why would you not block someone your not interested in ? we've blocked 100s of local guys we are not interested in some for nasty status or abuse but most because we have zero interest we use the site to meet thats our main attraction to fab the block button is a very useful tool ...

i find those who dont accept a block or moan about a simple block wont get far rejection is a massive part of the scene and if you cant handle that then a swinging site really is not for you

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

We are close to 10,000 in our block list, many of whom we have never spoken to or had any contact with whatsoever.

If they do not match our criteria then we just block to save the hassle so don't feel put out OP.

By *mwirralMan  over a year ago

wirral

People are odd, I had one this week who has been on my friends list for ages, she said we should meet for a social.

I replied sounds good im around thu to Sun this week, then messages disappeared so I assume I am blocked.

Another today, we were chatting away as local, invited me as friend with I accepted and thanked them for inviting. 5 mins later messages no longer there so assume blocked.

Could simply say sorry not for us. if I protest etc then block but just to block is so rude

By *urves and MischiefWoman  over a year ago

Northerner

I use the block button for those who send abusive messages or for those who send message after message when it’s clear no interest is there from my side. As someone has said before me, it’s a useful tool used to filter those I don’t consider a fit for me to prevent continued contact.

"We are close to 10,000 in our block list, many of whom we have never spoken to or had any contact with whatsoever.

If they do not match our criteria then we just block to save the hassle so don't feel put out OP."

So you don’t message again…

You’d be amazed how many will message in a few days time the same thing. Easier just to block it saves hassle and any potential abuse

Leeds

"We are close to 10,000 in our block list, many of whom we have never spoken to or had any contact with whatsoever.

If they do not match our criteria then we just block to save the hassle so don't feel put out OP.

10,000 "

How much time have you spent hitting the block button 10,000 times !

As alot have said. So you don't message again. Often guys try their luck, or forget they've messaged before. It's annoying. By blocking them it means they can't contact you again. You could always block people that say no so you aren't double messaging either. Then at least you'll start being able to filter people out.

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Block button is my best friend …

Worcester

How much time have you spent hitting the block button 10,000 times !"

It's easy, we just hit the who viewed and work our way down the list

Just move on and try not to worry, it's a strange site at times . Just go with the positive messages and try and have fun

By *iman2100Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

I ask for messages to be deleted if the recipient is not interested. If they do that then I make a personal note never to bother them again.

Blocking is for those that I really don't want to hear from like ghosters, gaslighters and timewasters.

It's easy, we just hit the who viewed and work our way down the list "

most of my blocks are done that way too as well as the home page be amazed how many moany / nasty /name n shame /want money/offering money /snow drug reference selling or buying thats before those we are just not interested in people dont realize that status's are a look at the person

It's easy, we just hit the who viewed and work our way down the list "

Must be one hell of an orgy going on within your block list

By *inchyorksMan  over a year ago

huddersfield

People use the block button as a filter, they are not interested so block.

If people are not interested in me then i will block, saves the profiles popping back up in searches.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Thanks for thr feedback guys. Maybe I'm just being a bit touchy and I shouldn't take it personal. But even the word BLOCK sounds harsh doesn't it. Haha. Anyway, thanks again and hope you all have a fun weekend

By *uby StarCouple  over a year ago

Durham

"Thanks for thr feedback guys. Maybe I'm just being a bit touchy and I shouldn't take it personal. But even the word BLOCK sounds harsh doesn't it. Haha. Anyway, thanks again and hope you all have a fun weekend "

You shouldn't take anything personally on here. It's meant to be fun. Hope you have a good day.

By *wholeLotOfRosieWoman  over a year ago

Pontypridd

"People are odd, I had one this week who has been on my friends list for ages, she said we should meet for a social.

I replied sounds good im around thu to Sun this week, then messages disappeared so I assume I am blocked.

Another today, we were chatting away as local, invited me as friend with I accepted and thanked them for inviting. 5 mins later messages no longer there so assume blocked.

Could simply say sorry not for us. if I protest etc then block but just to block is so rude"

If the messages have gone then so has the user. They left the site.

wirral

"As alot have said. So you don't message again. Often guys try their luck, or forget they've messaged before. It's annoying. By blocking them it means they can't contact you again. You could always block people that say no so you aren't double messaging either. Then at least you'll start being able to filter people out. "

Blocking is fair enough, its the friend invite then block, without a no thanks your not for us comment that is rude

wirral

"People are odd, I had one this week who has been on my friends list for ages, she said we should meet for a social.

Could simply say sorry not for us. if I protest etc then block but just to block is so rude

If the messages have gone then so has the user. They left the site. "

Realised that now, as I can still see the messages from the latest block.

Must have really scared off the other one lol

[Removed by poster at 12/02/22 09:42:15]

"As alot have said. So you don't message again. Often guys try their luck, or forget they've messaged before. It's annoying. By blocking them it means they can't contact you again. You could always block people that say no so you aren't double messaging either. Then at least you'll start being able to filter people out.

Blocking is fair enough, its the friend invite then block, without a no thanks your not for us comment that is rude"

They sent you a friends invite or you sent one?

If they sent one it was probably an accident, hence the block. If you sent one they probably think you've overstepped boundaries and gone too soon for the friend invite button

The block button is my best friend. If I get a second message the same as the first but I've already told them no, it's a block. It's also a block if someone I've never chatted to sends friend invites as well. Obviously there are still a lot of men who don't read profiles anymore x

By *unandlaughter69Couple  over a year ago

Boston

We block when clearly our preference has been ignored, simple tip, read the profile fully before sending a message.

By *icentiousCouple  over a year ago

Up on them there hills

Could simply say sorry not for us. if I protest etc then block but just to block is so rude"

Think there might be a clue in “if I protest” to the reason why blocked is simpler.

We tend to block if we aren't interested. Saves Amy future interaction and wasting of time.

wirral

"We tend to block if we aren't interested. Saves Amy future interaction and wasting of time. "

Agreed, just seems odd after a chat and sending friend invite or requesting a meet

By *S2004Man  over a year ago

Bromsgrove

If they do not match our criteria then we just block to save the hassle so don't feel put out OP."

Absolutely. I am one of those blocked people and don’t think we have ever spoken. I just see it as I am not what they are looking for. It is absolutely each to their own and have fun searching. X

We do it as the introduction copy & paste messages will continue to keep coming through, it's easier to block than having to keep reminding said person we already said no thank you.

"We do it as the introduction copy & paste messages will continue to keep coming through, it's easier to block than having to keep reminding said person we already said no thank you."

I do not usually block unless a gross message. But I have had the copy and paste treatment. One guy sent exactly the same message to me a couple of times weeks apart, word for word. It is cringe haha

By *eyond PurityCouple  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

We don’t block people unless they become insistent or nasty.

Although if they send us a message one/two weeks after we’ve said no and do that a few times, we’ll block them as they clearly aren’t getting that no is a no or they have a goldfish brain

K

It's weird if they block you when they aren't interested? I must be weird then, I block people all the time. It's stops people coming up in searches and updates. No point seeing someone's updates if you aren't interested. People block for loads of reasons.

We do the same! Saves repeat visitors or people messaging when we have already spoken.

"We tend to block if we aren't interested. Saves Amy future interaction and wasting of time. "

Same! Especially when the age difference / range can be so huge on here!

Worcester

It's easy, we just hit the who viewed and work our way down the list

Must be one hell of an orgy going on within your block list "

Maybe, but with no one that we would miss

We just this evening very politely told a guy he wasn’t for us and he’s come straight back quite abusive about why he’s better than other guys who have verified us.

Maybe that’s why.

By *penbicoupleCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

It's not the norm, but it happens.

They possibly worried how you'd respond to a "no, thanks." Or they may have suddenly realised they recognised you from their local Tescos!

It's no biggie.

[Removed by poster at 13/02/22 03:27:19]

Move on... If they haven't got the decency to say no and just block then that tells you everything about what kind of so called humans they are!

If you get a no then you should respect that and kindly say thank you and move on without any hassle or explanation.

Either way politeness and manners are key.

By *rNaughtyNickMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

Blocking is the norm on here wouldn't dwell on it too much just move on. Plenty of other profiles out there you'll get used to it.

"Move on... If they haven't got the decency to say no and just block then that tells you everything about what kind of so called humans they are!

If you get a no then you should respect that and kindly say thank you and move on without any hassle or explanation.

"

Wipe your eyes.

It tells you that MEN are often nasty so called humans who get abusive when anyone says no.

So the person doing the blocking isn't the bad person. Tell the men to have more decency. And also to be less entitled.

By *toC Thats MeWoman  over a year ago

Sheffield

Same for me, I use it more as a tool for if I’m not interested or I see a profile that I know won’t be interested in me. It’s a good tool. X

Leeds

"It’s a good tool. "

We all appreciate a good tool.

Watersports enthusiasts who like to request this as an opening message get an instant block this side. ‘Can I buy your warm piss?’ is a definitely block.

Repeat messages also get a block. As do those who are into any other stuff that we have said no to on our profile.

"Move on... If they haven't got the decency to say no and just block then that tells you everything about what kind of so called humans they are!

Wipe your eyes.

It tells you that MEN are often nasty so called humans who get abusive when anyone says no.

So the person doing the blocking isn't the bad person. Tell the men to have more decency. And also to be less entitled. "

This!

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

Because you are married and they don’t meet married guys?

By *orello-pieWoman  over a year ago

southwest

Many people do this to stop confusion in the future , I wouldn’t take it personally x

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

People block for a variety of reasons - I was told last night because I don’t accommodate I was blocked. Lol

By *ed LipstickWoman  over a year ago

Fucksville

I'm going to start to use the block button more, if I receive a message from someone that hasn't read my profile or isn't what I'm looking for, saying hi, nice lips, free to fuck now, I reply with a no thanks. Half the time I get a nice I appreciate the reply, but the other ones just send abuse. Can't win x

We do this due to begging or abusive messages coming through

It gets infuriating

It states quite clearly that we will not meet men who cannot accommodate, yet we still get messages.

Prime example today

Guy almost 100 miles away messages to see if we're interested.. I reply with

Your too far away

We don't meet in hotels

We don't accommodate

Seems clear yes?

No, he replies back with

"I'll drive to yours and we can go to a hotel"

Some men just can't take no for an answer, so it's easier to block those who don't fit what we're looking for.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

"It's probably to save hassle in the future, if they not interested in you, just move on, good luck with your search for fun, "

Totally this

By *erlins5Man  over a year ago

South Fife

Unfortunately many guys are not as understanding as you or I and just sent abuse to a polite refusal. So often the last or couple just automatically block as a defence. Also if you are not too their taste they will block so you don't accidentally message them again. If they don't want to meet them being blocked doesn't really matter, does it?

By *erenity20Woman  over a year ago

Northampton

I find I'm using the "block" button more and more, but then that's due to the level of dishonesty and lack of integrity displayed by some...

Shame really...

By *J and CBCouple  over a year ago

Uttoxeter

We have just been messaging a couple about the Attic in Derby and they gave us some information about the place but when i went to reply they have blocked us.

There are some strange people on here.

"We do this due to begging or abusive messages coming through

It gets infuriating

It states quite clearly that we will not meet men who cannot accommodate, yet we still get messages.

Prime example today

Guy almost 100 miles away messages to see if we're interested.. I reply with

Your too far away

We don't meet in hotels

We don't accommodate

Seems clear yes?

No, he replies back with

"I'll drive to yours and we can go to a hotel"

Some men just can't take no for an answer, so it's easier to block those who don't fit what we're looking for."

Those types make me laugh. Full balls.. kills brain cells.

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Like many people I use the block button as another filter and it keeps my update page tidy and relevant.

I also block people I've never spoken to because of something they've said on the forums especially when they attempt to tag me in something so I block them from seeing my profile.

» Add a new message to this topic