FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Feeling lost

Feeling lost

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Does anyone feel lost here? I talk on forums and sometimes get ignored, blocked and I'm beginning to feel deflated. I realise I'm not everyone's cup of tea but being nice costs nothing. Does anyone else feel lost?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *reddy96Man  over a year ago

scunthorpe

Happeneds to alot am afraid. Am used to been blocked and ignored. Lovely pics

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

These places are never great for your self esteem - but… you make of it what you want. There are many people who are happy to just chat, bant, you can build up a rapport - may lead to something… maybe not…. But I’ve found using the forums are better to show off your inner self than just writing to people who will make a judgement off a pic..

"Happeneds to alot am afraid. Am used to been blocked and ignored. Lovely pics "

Thank you that's very kind

By *etwifeandhim69Couple  over a year ago

Darlington

Fab only goes so far for connecting with people I'm afraid.

You can be everyone's cup of tea on or off the forums nor should you try to be honest. It really.depends what you are looking for on here.

Just keep at it. Sooner or later you'll connect to the right fella on here.

"Fab only goes so far for connecting with people I'm afraid.

You can be everyone's cup of tea on or off the forums nor should you try to be honest. It really.depends what you are looking for on here.

"

I can't even joke with someone without being blocked. Honestly give up

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

Being ignored and blocked is never a nice feeling, especially if its people you want to interact with.

The only advice I can give is to try and not let it get to you by using the forums in the way you want. They are a funny place and the longer you post the more people will start to recognise and engage with you.

By *avie65Man  over a year ago

In the west.

"Does anyone feel lost here? I talk on forums and sometimes get ignored, blocked and I'm beginning to feel deflated. I realise I'm not everyone's cup of tea but being nice costs nothing. Does anyone else feel lost? "

"Does anyone feel lost here? I talk on forums and sometimes get ignored, blocked and I'm beginning to feel deflated. I realise I'm not everyone's cup of tea but being nice costs nothing. Does anyone else feel lost? "

Yeah happens quite a lot to me too.

Don’t get down hearted. You seem nice, and I know there are people who’d love to talk with you, my self included

"Does anyone feel lost here? I talk on forums and sometimes get ignored, blocked and I'm beginning to feel deflated. I realise I'm not everyone's cup of tea but being nice costs nothing. Does anyone else feel lost?

"

You blocked me

Hi there. I just read your profile and want to say I hear and feel you. I think there are, not so much clicks, but people who are here a long time and know each other well that they become engrossed in conversation with each other that they dont notice the new ones. I dont think its personal though. But I think the day I feel lonely here will prob be the day I delete my profile.

In the west.

"Does anyone feel lost here? I talk on forums and sometimes get ignored, blocked and I'm beginning to feel deflated. I realise I'm not everyone's cup of tea but being nice costs nothing. Does anyone else feel lost?

You blocked me "

No, I just looked.

Standard that missy, send 100 messages expect 0 replies. If you get 1 it's a bonus. But like you say it doesn't cost a lot to reply and move on.

By * Sophie xTV/TS  over a year ago

Derby

I know what it feels like now after not being on here much the last 10 months or so.

The forum can be a fickle place and many have said it's changed a lot in recent times and isn't such a happy, fun or supportive place as it has been.

Just keep trying OP, don't give up as there is a lot on offer if you persevere and there are some wonderful people around too.

Ignore any abuse you find and take most things with a pinch of salt, the genuine ones you will be able to spot easily amongst the rest as you spend time on here.

I'm blocked!

You blocked me

No, I just looked. "

By *amdenfunMan  over a year ago

London

What kind of things do you say? Give us an example of something you were blocked for.

By *aveyIOM1970Man  over a year ago

douglas

Sorry to hear this x

By *amdenfunMan  over a year ago

London

I'm blocked!

You blocked me

No, I just looked. "

So, did he block you or not?

By *viatrixWoman  over a year ago

Redhill

Not everyone gets acknowledged or recognised on the forum. It is difficult to accept, but once you do, things are easier. I was thinking exactly the same as you last year… I always felt ignored. Still do most of the time. I will never get mentions in some threads or in any of those postie ones haha, but that’s ok. I’ve made peace with it and now just enjoy reading the different topics and replying when I fancy it, but I don’t expect acknowledgement or replies anymore.

By *etwifeandhim69Couple  over a year ago

Darlington

I can't even joke with someone without being blocked. Honestly give up "

Fabs just social media with naked bits imo. Maybe try a social event or club night. Gets you connected with real people rather than relying on o line interactions?

In the west.

I'm blocked!

You blocked me

No, I just looked. "

DM me. I can't reply to your message.

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I never expect a reply when I post on the forums which is good because I rarely get one especially in here .

If I see someone has blocked me I just counter block and move on.

There is no point in getting upset about things you can't change. I realised that a good while ago on fab and it made my journey more enjoyable.

I can't I'm blocked

I'm blocked!

You blocked me

No, I just looked.

DM me. I can't reply to your message."

[Removed by poster at 11/02/22 21:43:37]

By *orbidden eastMan  over a year ago

london dodging electric scooters

Believe me OP it happens to most of us. But you learn to live with it on here and and grow a thick skin. I know it’s easier said than done but you will be fine in time

By *ltra72Man  over a year ago

edinburgh

If someone is blocking you for being the way you are, don’t lose any sleep over them, you’re just not on the same wavelength x

In the west.

I can't I'm blocked

I'm blocked!

You blocked me

No, I just looked.

DM me. I can't reply to your message."

Mine says the same.

Hungry, I feel the same sometimes xxx but don’t be disheartened, lots of fakes on here xx

Just a down day, I'll be fine tomorrow keep smiling

Well you just look amazing xxx don’t get down xx

Sorry to read that you’re feeling this way.

Don’t worry about clicks on fab…. We’re not here to please everyone else. Try not to rely on fab, to make you feel better, either Time out and self compassion is good for the soul. Maybe just keep replies to the forum, instead of private, if that’s what you mean by blocked, as not everyone wants to be contacted privately. Keep talking x

By *rad670Man  over a year ago

South Lakes

I did feel lost for months and months after joining, it only takes one or two good chats and connections and you realise that although connections are rare when you do find someone you enjoy chatting with and potentially meeting it was worth the wait. I looked to see if there was an obvious reason you were not getting some nice wanted attention and cannot fault your bio or photos, I came accross your profile before and fabbed some photos, hang in and just be patient, I bet youve been busy in your inbox since your post.

Hi OP

I have had the deflated and lost feelings through the lack of response on FAB but try not to take it to heart and if you are having a down day then tea, cake and talk can help.

I have had a peek at your profile and you look fantastic to me xx.

"Just a down day, I'll be fine tomorrow keep smiling "

Hugs

Very interesting post op I only thought men struggled on here due the men to woman ratio Very naive of me ! I’m aways free to chat when online even if you have no intentions of meeting me that goes out to anyone who wants just to chat / banter Ant

By *aptain Caveman41Man  over a year ago

Home

im always here for a chat if you're feeling a bit down as are i would imagine a lot of sound people on here. Keep the head held high

Chin up xx

By *ed LipstickWoman  over a year ago

Fucksville

I'm relatively new to the forums and find that I'm ignored by the majority apart from a select few. It's definitely very clicky x

Felt lost for a long time. I know how you feel OP x

By *o30Woman  over a year ago

Lincoln

I'm having a major down day today.

Got chatting to a couple of guys a few weeks ago & they both ignored me and have blocked me. So I get where you're coming from xx

Thank you all, it gets a little overwhelming at times. Tomorrow's a new day

By *ig1gaz1Man  over a year ago

bradford

Your not the only one.

Im used to being ignored even my posts are ignored and mostly not replyed too.

Those that ive pmed know I reply to them with polightness and kindness.

After that they are left alone some I do recontact back to see how they are doing.

If you play the game, say the right things, kiss the ring and know what to say then you can get noticed and be uber popular. But it's better to just be you OP....everyone else is taken

Yes it happens to me a lot

It's either a no reply or delete and no reply

By *hatChattyGuyMan  over a year ago

folkestone

yeah I know what exactly what you mean, and then some. and tbh, here and life in general lol.

...there was more to that but I kept typing then deleting it, then replaced what I said with a 'lol' to lighten to mood

[Removed by poster at 11/02/22 23:27:10]

Carlos recommends a good quality sat nav.

By *layful HarlequinMan  over a year ago

uxbridge

Your not alone I promise. I’m always happy to chat if you want to chat. There are some genuine and friendly people here honestly it’s just hard finding them is all. And just try to ignore the keyboard worriers or should I say Karen's applys to both sexes.

By *hunky GentMan  over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

OP - Apparently (so I'm told) I'm 'popular', but I feel that I'm avoided/ignored a lot.

I see lots of people blank me.

Just brush it of and be yourself. Embrace those that enjoy your company.

uxbridge

"OP - Apparently (so I'm told) I'm 'popular', but I feel that I'm avoided/ignored a lot.

Just brush it of and be yourself. Embrace those that enjoy your company. "

Agree and how are you old boy not seen you in here for ages

Maldon and Peterborough

HE SPOKE TO ME

WOOHOO

IM ALIVEEEEEEE.

By *etMeBeYourFantasyyMan  over a year ago

bournemouth

Take no notice and continue to spread the love x

By *asters_kittenCouple  over a year ago

Luton

Sorry to hear that mate. My humble philosophy to Fabs/meets/clubs, is to come with no expectations and try not emotionally invest in the unknown. Good luck!

"OP - Apparently (so I'm told) I'm 'popular', but I feel that I'm avoided/ignored a lot.

Just brush it of and be yourself. Embrace those that enjoy your company. "

I adore you, love our chats. Always here for you and anyone else that needs a friend

It does makes one feel lost at times. The key is to stick to threads of your interests and keep contributing to it .

Many times I see members pushing their opinion across all forum in hundreds of threads.

Why have you hidden your profile OP.

Sanj x

Maldon and Peterborough

Just brush it of and be yourself. Embrace those that enjoy your company.

I adore you, love our chats. Always here for you and anyone else that needs a friend "

Awww. You're adorable too.

You have a big heart and a very squeezable bum. Xx

uxbridge

"HE SPOKE TO ME

WOOHOO

IM ALIVEEEEEEE. "

Sorry buddy I can’t apologise enough

Maldon and Peterborough

"HE SPOKE TO ME

WOOHOO

IM ALIVEEEEEEE.

Sorry buddy I can’t apologise enough "

It's all groovy mate.

By *urplechesterCouple  over a year ago

chester

Hi there. I just read your profile and want to say I hear and feel you. I think there are, not so much clicks, but people who are here a long time and know each other well that they become engrossed in conversation with each other that they dont notice the new ones. I dont think its personal though. But I think the day I feel lonely here will prob be the day I delete my profile. "

I’m the one who runs our profile and spend a lot of time on the forums! I’m totally with you, I see the clicks every day and chose not to let them get to me! I still message on here, even though I mostly get ignored! I’ve learnt to ignore it and crack on, don’t take it personal! In every walk of life there is the popular crowd, and I personally would never want to be a part of that, you do you and enjoy it lovely Miss pc

Chin up sweety life is great,

uxbridge

"HE SPOKE TO ME

WOOHOO

IM ALIVEEEEEEE.

It's all groovy mate. "

How’s you doing then.

Maldon and Peterborough

"HE SPOKE TO ME

WOOHOO

IM ALIVEEEEEEE.

It's all groovy mate.

How’s you doing then. "

I'm my usual happy and charming self.

How's you dude?

uxbridge

"HE SPOKE TO ME

WOOHOO

IM ALIVEEEEEEE.

It's all groovy mate.

How’s you doing then.

How's you dude? "

All good now ruff couple of months lol

Maldon and Peterborough

"HE SPOKE TO ME

WOOHOO

IM ALIVEEEEEEE.

It's all groovy mate.

How’s you doing then.

How's you dude?

All good now ruff couple of months lol "

Oh crikey- glad you've come through it though.

uxbridge

"HE SPOKE TO ME

WOOHOO

IM ALIVEEEEEEE.

It's all groovy mate.

How’s you doing then.

How's you dude?

All good now ruff couple of months lol

Oh crikey- glad you've come through it though. "

By *eroLondonMan  over a year ago

Mayfair

I'm going to keep an eye out for you, take you by the hand and walk with you into the daily "Late Late Nocturnal Thread". There's no cliques there; everyone is welcome and everyone is acknowledged.

I'm going to keep an eye out for you, take you by the hand and walk with you into the daily "Late Late Nocturnal Thread". There's no cliques there; everyone is welcome and everyone is acknowledged."

Hello lovely, nice to hear from you again. That's lovely thank you

You seem really lovely OP. Try not to take it to heart.

I'm always up for a natter

By *ootprints1629Couple  over a year ago

somewhere in moray

Yep, I'm on the forums alot (fem) and I get ignored alot of the time to..unsure what that is..maybe it's because we aren't in the hot pics as much as some are..thats my only guess as to why.

Just wanted to thank you all for taking the time to support me, you are the type of friends I'd love to have. I hope you all have a great weekend. Feel free to message anytime if ever your having a down day. Thank you once again

[Removed by poster at 12/02/22 08:47:17]

i dont care what others think of us never have done never will there are several clicks on here who seem to follow each other to the moon n back to afraid to say what they are really thinking thru fear of not being liked .. nah i say what i want as long as its not bullying or anything nasty like kink shaming ...

dont know why people get so hung up with the forun thats from the site point of view is so tiny that its really no influence on the site what so ever....people should be themselves and be able to say what they want within the rules and again not being horrible

..these forums sometimes remind me of school with all the bullies and those that think there shit dont stink ...

just be yourself and plod on keep posting dont worry what other think its your site as much as anyone elses and your more than likely never meet any for real away ...

Sorry to hear that you feel bad OP but honestly you shouldn’t as there are a lot of clicks on the forum loads of people follow ‘the crowd’ which looks desperate because those ignorant, up their own arses, attention seeking people crave that and it’s not a nice look. I never take the forum in a serious way I’m just here to have a laugh and never take it personally if I get ignored or don’t get a mention. You seem a lovely lady so please don’t let them get to you as they crave off it. Chin up sweetheart x

By *stbury DavenportMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

I'm not sure I feel "lost", as such, but I often feel like I haven't yet found the place I'm looking for. I feel like I've got a lot to offer, but I can't seem to find an audience for it. Ho hum.

It is part and parcel of being on this type of site, many need a thick skin. I have been ignored too and I ignore, just the way it is. Not everyone is for everyone.

On a personal level to you, I cannot see why you are struggling. You have nice boobs, great ink and sexy lingerie, plus come across as a nice person on forums. Don’t let it knock your confidence

By *viatrixWoman  over a year ago

Redhill

"I'm not sure I feel "lost", as such, but I often feel like I haven't yet found the place I'm looking for. I feel like I've got a lot to offer, but I can't seem to find an audience for it. Ho hum. "

Same here. I feel exactly like that. But people like to see what they like to see on the forums… *shrug*

Very common to be blocked or ignored on here!

Ladies and gents, stop worrying, just be you. I have killed few threads before and also had my charming wit ignored but am I stopping, no

Sometimes being ignored is not deliberate they may miss your post, I sometimes do and realise little time after. Or they may not be a fit with you type wise and do not want to encourage.

You will get interaction at times and silence at times, do not base your self worth on it. Post what you want where you want, be real. Just like me.

* Group hug [naked optional] *

Your self worth isn't determined by your popularity on Fab. I think that's a pretty good place to start

The way i see it is that if they block me or dont reply then its their loss and they not right for me anyway...never upsets me, no big deal...

All very good points and I will take them all on board

"All very good points and I will take them all on board "

Keep smiling. Stunning profile you have! x

"Ladies and gents, stop worrying, just be you. I have killed few threads before and also had my charming wit ignored but am I stopping, no

Sometimes being ignored is not deliberate they may miss your post, I sometimes do and realise little time after. Or they may not be a fit with you type wise and do not want to encourage.

You will get interaction at times and silence at times, do not base your self worth on it. Post what you want where you want, be real. Just like me.

* Group hug [naked optional] *"

I think you're a riot. I love your forum comments

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

"Ladies and gents, stop worrying, just be you. I have killed few threads before and also had my charming wit ignored but am I stopping, no

Yes totally this.

Yes totally this.

"

It may be just this for you but you need to understand not everyone is the same and some people really do suffer insecurities and aren't able to just pick themselves up that easily. Luckily I can and am grateful for the people I have around me however, some people rely on this site and the forums for interaction with people and may need the positivity others provide for their mental health.

Maldon and Peterborough

In an ideal world we'd all look after each other, but unfortunately there's always one or two that want to spoil things.

Yes totally this.

It may be just this for you but you need to understand not everyone is the same and some people really do suffer insecurities and aren't able to just pick themselves up that easily. Luckily I can and am grateful for the people I have around me however, some people rely on this site and the forums for interaction with people and may need the positivity others provide for their mental health. "

I suffered my whole life from childhood to adulthood with people trying to tear me apart on multiple levels including my looks and self-confidence. My thicker skin I developed in response, along with possibly a stubborn streak already in me. But I appreciate your points and that not every one is able to develop that thicker skin x

Nottingham

"I'm not sure I feel "lost", as such, but I often feel like I haven't yet found the place I'm looking for. I feel like I've got a lot to offer, but I can't seem to find an audience for it. Ho hum.

Same here. I feel exactly like that. But people like to see what they like to see on the forums… *shrug* "

Yeah. If feels like... like there's a really narrowly defined specific thing people are looking for, and I'm not it.

Oh well. I'm just another bitter single man whining. Ignore me!

Nottingham

If being me worked, I wouldn't have anything to worry about!

By *ragon1booMan  over a year ago

blackwood

I know how you feel at times. It can make you feel down when being blocked/ignored.

Your always welcome to message me if you feel down

If there was a 'Like' button people wouldn't feel so ignored. The cliques may well have a field day with it but the normal people would realise that actually people do 'see' them and appreciate their posts.

There's loads of people on this thread who I recognise as being posters I like but we can't reply + quote to everyone.

"If there was a 'Like' button people wouldn't feel so ignored. The cliques may well have a field day with it but the normal people would realise that actually people do 'see' them and appreciate their posts.

There's loads of people on this thread who I recognise as being posters I like but we can't reply + quote to everyone. "

Spot on

By *uckslut and MCouple  over a year ago

Poole

[Removed by poster at 12/02/22 15:25:54]

We had a nice chat I seem to remember? Happy to chat again

By *ladecarpalMan  over a year ago

Lincs/Wilts/HANTS/Dev

No need to feel lost you can always reach out . There will be someone who is just waiting for you to make contact. Just like any large group of disparate people there are very many differing tastes and characters. Patience will always pay dividends.

I feel exactly the same often so I disappear for a while then pop back to see nothing changes however some fabbers are nice and receptive so I don’t leave for long

Ps I’ve noticed you if that stands for anything

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

Honestly OP I've found this site was doing a massive number on my self-confidence.

I feel invisible on here and after three years I still don't fit in and still can't seem to make the sort of connections and friendships that I see other people make so easily.

The advice always seems to be to get more involved. I didn't find that helpful, the more involved I got the more I got ignored!

I've tried to meet other women on here socially but have been stood up even more frequently than I've been stood up by men, so I've come to the conclusion that for whatever reason I'm not a good fit for the site and have all but given up.

I used to search and send a lot of first messages, but I no longer bother. I log in now just for entertainment, to while away an odd bored hour or two, and I use other sites where I fit in better and things seem to flow much more easily to find potential friends and FBs. The less involved I am on here the more entertaining the site is.

I think it's something a huge number of us have felt, you certainly aren't alone in feeling that way

By *teve261970Man  over a year ago

Gateshead

As someone said earlier, this place does nothing for your self worth. Stick with it, in the words of a famous actor "Don't give the B*st*rd the satisfaction"

You look amazing, the ink looks fantastic too. Just know what you want & dont settle for less. Ive been here many yrs & had tons of knock backs & been blocked for no reason. Then when ive bumped into said person or persons at club, they're like "Eeh I didnt think we'd get on, so i blocked you" but we'd already played & then chatted in the bar lol.

Send me a mssg if you want to chat, or you can block me lol

"Honestly OP I've found this site was doing a massive number on my self-confidence.

I feel invisible on here and after three years I still don't fit in and still can't seem to make the sort of connections and friendships that I see other people make so easily.

The advice always seems to be to get more involved. I didn't find that helpful, the more involved I got the more I got ignored!

I've tried to meet other women on here socially but have been stood up even more frequently than I've been stood up by men, so I've come to the conclusion that for whatever reason I'm not a good fit for the site and have all but given up.

I used to search and send a lot of first messages, but I no longer bother. I log in now just for entertainment, to while away an odd bored hour or two, and I use other sites where I fit in better and things seem to flow much more easily to find potential friends and FBs. The less involved I am on here the more entertaining the site is.

I think it's something a huge number of us have felt, you certainly aren't alone in feeling that way "

Wow I'm not sure what to say, it's awful you've been made to feel that way. I'm happy to friend anyone, I do think you should do what is right for you and I'm glad you feel that you have found acceptance elsewhere. Sometimes I really don't think people think of the consequences of their actions and they probably don't care to be honest. All you can be is yourself and if people don't want to know you it's their loss. If you ever want a chat I'm more than happy keep smiling

By *reenline49Man  over a year ago

Ashwell

Sorry to hear this...all I can say is don't give up and try and ignore the rude comments. There are some very strange people about and some are unfortunately on here.

You have some great images on your profile by the way!

Take care and stay safe. x

By *bo7118Man  over a year ago

Birmingham

If it helps I think you've got a great profile and you look great.

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I think most of us have felt like that at some time or other. It's not a nice feeling, is it?

So I try now to engage with people and not just those I know well, if I see them on private message games then I'll try and send them a message. It becomes disheartening when you try to be inclusive to be met with silence and people still posting about feeling invisible etc (not saying you've done this OP) - I guess it's a double edged sword that I've experienced both sides of.

Keep doing you and hopefully you'll feel a bit less invisible soon - the thread should show you you're far from it x

I always feel a bit lost at the weekends but can never quite put my finger on it. Saturday evenings seem to be the worst unless I'm out and about

By *aiseiMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

It’s very easy to take this place to heart, but it often becomes problematic when you do.

Just be mindful of how much you invest and you may find it easier. x

you've got to take it for what it is.. an internet site with (some) people hiding behind profiles being who they're not..

take what you can but don't be cosumed by it

By *merald Eyes XWoman  over a year ago

Can you find me….

"Not everyone gets acknowledged or recognised on the forum. It is difficult to accept, but once you do, things are easier. I was thinking exactly the same as you last year… I always felt ignored. Still do most of the time. I will never get mentions in some threads or in any of those postie ones haha, but that’s ok. I’ve made peace with it and now just enjoy reading the different topics and replying when I fancy it, but I don’t expect acknowledgement or replies anymore. "

Don’t let it bother you honey.

I went to a club on my own got no attention and when I tried it didn’t go anywhere. I felt rejected by the entire club.

I know I’m not stunner but not too bad on the eyes

"you've got to take it for what it is.. an internet site with (some) people hiding behind profiles being who they're not..

take what you can but don't be cosumed by it

Well said lovely

"

Wirral

"Wow I'm not sure what to say, it's awful you've been made to feel that way. I'm happy to friend anyone, I do think you should do what is right for you and I'm glad you feel that you have found acceptance elsewhere. Sometimes I really don't think people think of the consequences of their actions and they probably don't care to be honest. All you can be is yourself and if people don't want to know you it's their loss. If you ever want a chat I'm more than happy keep smiling "

It's not a fault thing to me, nobody has made me feel that way and it's not about actions or inaction, it's just the way I feel and I have accepted I'm not a good fit for the site.

Oddly, having done that and taken a giant step back I am finding I'm having a much better laugh on here, and finding my feet in other places has allowed me to regain the lost confidence.

Not every site is a good fit for me and that's not the site's fault any more than it is mine! I hope you're feeling a bit better about things this evening, at any rate

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

Sorry to hear you've been feeling that way OP.

The forums used to be a great place to visit but over the past year or so it's always the same people posting on the same threads (usually all the ones saying how inclusive they are) yet they ignore everyone else on the thread while chatting amongst themselves.

Try not to let it get you down x

By *asavoMan  over a year ago

Royston

I think this site has changed loads in the last 5 years, definitely more males! I think these days we all know what we want and like, taking time to talk to someone has gone I think, we read profiles and skip them if 1 or 2 things are not what we are looking for.

The social side of this side is starting to fade now...

Royston

"Don’t let it bother you honey.

I went to a club on my own got no attention and when I tried it didn’t go anywhere. I felt rejected by the entire club.

I know I’m not stunner but not too bad on the eyes "

I am scared to go for this reason, I think the first few times are maybe hard to break the inner friendship circle? Have you been since? I have friends who go but they are more out going and friendly than myself I need to feel comfortable to open up.

Royston

I can't even joke with someone without being blocked. Honestly give up "

Humor is very hard to some in just words, I think we have all been block for a flirty or dirty joke

Royston

"If it helps I think you've got a great profile and you look great. "

Nothing wrong with her profile so I agree with you!

"Honestly OP I've found this site was doing a massive number on my self-confidence.

I think it's something a huge number of us have felt, you certainly aren't alone in feeling that way "

Always enjoy your comments and you have a wicked sense of humour. You're not invisible to me.

By *ice guy 77Man  over a year ago

ashford

wow I'm amazed that you get blocked, thought it was just us guys,chin up, tomorrow always a better day xx

Wirral

I think it's something a huge number of us have felt, you certainly aren't alone in feeling that way

Always enjoy your comments and you have a wicked sense of humour. You're not invisible to me. "

Thank you

"Sorry to hear you've been feeling that way OP.

The forums used to be a great place to visit but over the past year or so it's always the same people posting on the same threads (usually all the ones saying how inclusive they are) yet they ignore everyone else on the thread while chatting amongst themselves.

Try not to let it get you down x"

yea I'll go with this too

By *asters_kittenCouple  over a year ago

Luton

"Sorry to hear you've been feeling that way OP.

Try not to let it get you down x"

Definitely agree with this.

It's like walking into a working man's club, sitting on good old Bob's seat who died a couple of years ago (which they keep empty) and every bugga looking at u like you should of known haha.

Socials are definitely I have found are an amazing way to meet people who you might click with.

I host a social and through that have made some very good friends who I can have a laugh with on the forums. People that I would not of had pleasure of meeting if it was just chatting here and probably wouldn't of chatted to..

Meeting people just from chatting here is hard, get to social near you and you will find people are so welcoming. Xxx

Kitten xx

By *evaquitCouple  over a year ago

Catthorpe

Well you're our cup of tea, op.

By *ife NinjaMan  over a year ago

Dunfermline

From what I can see, you're very popular here x

Some people can be horrible here

Thank you all for your input, om feeling alot better . Thank you for your kind words

Maldon and Peterborough

"Thank you all for your input, om feeling alot better . Thank you for your kind words "

You know where I am if you ever have another wobble. Xxx

"Thank you all for your input, om feeling alot better . Thank you for your kind words

You know where I am if you ever have another wobble. Xxx"

Thanks Chunky you're lovely friend to have

By *akbearMan  over a year ago

Newbury

I think it's fairly common feeling for us men, the messages and lack of response can get you feels Ng down, all it takes is one nice message/s and all is good again for an hour or two.

By *aviddomMan  over a year ago

South Shields

You are not lost just slightly misplaced, I know what it is to be isolated, I’m dealing with that right now. It’s a dark place to be. Just know others are suffering equally and good people are out there. X

"You are not lost just slightly misplaced, I know what it is to be isolated, I’m dealing with that right now. It’s a dark place to be. Just know others are suffering equally and good people are out there. X"

Thank you, I'm not suffering but I do worry others are. This site can be relentless and hostile. Some people don't have thick skin and shouldn't have to develop one to be able to stay on this site.

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

"You are not lost just slightly misplaced, I know what it is to be isolated, I’m dealing with that right now. It’s a dark place to be. Just know others are suffering equally and good people are out there. X

Thank you, I'm not suffering but I do worry others are. This site can be relentless and hostile. Some people don't have thick skin and shouldn't have to develop one to be able to stay on this site. "

Totally agree. Some people forget that it is another human being they are responding to and have no idea what that person may be trying to deal with in RL x

By *ustamanMan  over a year ago

weymouth

I find it's nice to just be nice (apologies if you get me on an off day). Even if I get no response that's fine. I'll even (usually provided it's more than just hi) respond to males messaging me despite not looking for them purely because it's nice to be responded to. Chat rooms and forums can be very clique I have found though or it could just be me who knows, anyway behave as you'd like to be responded too and if other folks don't then it's their loss and move on

By *orkshire fellowMan  over a year ago

London

Being totally ignored and/or being treated like a sub human is pretty common.

"I find it's nice to just be nice (apologies if you get me on an off day). Even if I get no response that's fine. I'll even (usually provided it's more than just hi) respond to males messaging me despite not looking for them purely because it's nice to be responded to. Chat rooms and forums can be very clique I have found though or it could just be me who knows, anyway behave as you'd like to be responded too and if other folks don't then it's their loss and move on "

I'm glad you have a positive attitude it's a lovely trait to have, unfortunately not everyone can have a positive outlook and I think some of these threads can be quite damaging for people's wellbeing. I know people will say well they shouldn't be here and maybe they shouldn't but if it's their only interaction with people why shouldn't they be here able to join in without feeling isolated and ignored. These threads are for all to enjoy not just the selected few.

weymouth

"I find it's nice to just be nice (apologies if you get me on an off day). Even if I get no response that's fine. I'll even (usually provided it's more than just hi) respond to males messaging me despite not looking for them purely because it's nice to be responded to. Chat rooms and forums can be very clique I have found though or it could just be me who knows, anyway behave as you'd like to be responded too and if other folks don't then it's their loss and move on

I'm glad you have a positive attitude it's a lovely trait to have, unfortunately not everyone can have a positive outlook and I think some of these threads can be quite damaging for people's wellbeing. I know people will say well they shouldn't be here and maybe they shouldn't but if it's their only interaction with people why shouldn't they be here able to join in without feeling isolated and ignored. These threads are for all to enjoy not just the selected few."

I agree, I have occasionally hidden my profile and taken a break for a week or two until I feel less mentally fragile. It seems to work for me. I hope you find your peace and confidence.

"I find it's nice to just be nice (apologies if you get me on an off day). Even if I get no response that's fine. I'll even (usually provided it's more than just hi) respond to males messaging me despite not looking for them purely because it's nice to be responded to. Chat rooms and forums can be very clique I have found though or it could just be me who knows, anyway behave as you'd like to be responded too and if other folks don't then it's their loss and move on

I'm glad you have a positive attitude it's a lovely trait to have, unfortunately not everyone can have a positive outlook and I think some of these threads can be quite damaging for people's wellbeing. I know people will say well they shouldn't be here and maybe they shouldn't but if it's their only interaction with people why shouldn't they be here able to join in without feeling isolated and ignored. These threads are for all to enjoy not just the selected few."

Totally agree

In the west.

Yip.

By *tuYorksMan  over a year ago

Barnsley

Read this thread with interest. I avoid the site if I'm feeling in any way vulnerable (which is frequently). The casual deletion of a message or block can have a disproportionate & illogical impact if I'm not in the right place. I appreciate that avoidance rather than resilience isn't the ideal solution but resilience isn't an option for some of us.

weymouth

"Read this thread with interest. I avoid the site if I'm feeling in any way vulnerable (which is frequently). The casual deletion of a message or block can have a disproportionate & illogical impact if I'm not in the right place. I appreciate that avoidance rather than resilience isn't the ideal solution but resilience isn't an option for some of us."

Succinctly put

By *olex99Man  over a year ago

Hull

All the time I'm afraid & it's not a nice feeling

All the time ! Sick at the moment but it does get better there are lot lovely lady’s and gents who are genuinely nice people

South Shields

"You are not lost just slightly misplaced, I know what it is to be isolated, I’m dealing with that right now. It’s a dark place to be. Just know others are suffering equally and good people are out there. X

Thank you, I'm not suffering but I do worry others are. This site can be relentless and hostile. Some people don't have thick skin and shouldn't have to develop one to be able to stay on this site. "

Thank you for your kind and thoughtful words. I agree we need to be more understanding tolerant and caring, the world as a whole would benefit hugely x

"Read this thread with interest. I avoid the site if I'm feeling in any way vulnerable (which is frequently). The casual deletion of a message or block can have a disproportionate & illogical impact if I'm not in the right place. I appreciate that avoidance rather than resilience isn't the ideal solution but resilience isn't an option for some of us."

I'd agree. There's a few times I've felt very down and it's not a good place unless you have a friend or two to DM.

South Shields

Thank you, I'm not suffering but I do worry others are. This site can be relentless and hostile. Some people don't have thick skin and shouldn't have to develop one to be able to stay on this site.

Totally agree. Some people forget that it is another human being they are responding to and have no idea what that person may be trying to deal with in RL x"

Exactly peoples struggles and coping mechanisms are varied and often well hidden. Just because someone says something or acts a certain way doesn’t mean they are not internally hiding x

By *ingerbeardman-Man  over a year ago

Sutton-in-Ashfield

I get like this a lot. I don't take photos too often as I'm really self conscious, but when I finally take one I like and upload it, and it doesn't get fabbed even once, I remember why I don't take pictures very often.

By *herryEatersCouple  over a year ago

East Cheshire

Frequently, folk here are much worse than they were say 8 years ago. Lots of ghosting, pic collectors, fakes, fantasists who have no intention of meeting etc . It's a minefield now...

By *urulovesnylonMan  over a year ago

Harrow

Happens quite often. Sometimes chatting away and then next thing blocked. It’s strange but hey at least you’re not the only one

Comes with the territory I’m afraid, I was the same tbh, didn’t see the point in it, we are mostly ignored or get one word answers in the messages, I’ve given up trying to talk to people, now I just see it as entertainment from the forums and to show my photos off.

The mr.

"Comes with the territory I’m afraid, I was the same tbh, didn’t see the point in it, we are mostly ignored or get one word answers in the messages, I’ve given up trying to talk to people, now I just see it as entertainment from the forums and to show my photos off.

The mr. "

And great photo's they are

By *herryEatersCouple  over a year ago

East Cheshire

We've had several leave site mid chat too

"Comes with the territory I’m afraid, I was the same tbh, didn’t see the point in it, we are mostly ignored or get one word answers in the messages, I’ve given up trying to talk to people, now I just see it as entertainment from the forums and to show my photos off.

The mr.

And great photo's they are "

Why thank you

The mr.

And great photo's they are

Why thank you "

somewhere in moray

We have been on fab for 3 years now and have read a fair few books

I always see people saying "have met some really good friends on here" we always ask how that cam be because we haven't gained one friend yet and not for the lack of trying, so that dents the confidence. I (female) are in the forums loads and have been since day one really and I think iv been acknowledged once or twice but no more than that. There was one thread in particular that I started but was pretty much dealing with people who were trying to shoot me down..not reading between the lines. Eventually the discussion went onto something totally diffrent and that was due to folk making a conversation between each other which I think is pretty rude tbh...it takes over the OPS thread.

When we first started on fab, we had no idea how things worked.how we should word things when msging people, we approached a few couples and asked if they could give us some tips and advice..we really hadn't a clue and we wanted to make it work...we were ignored, shunned or if we did get a response the effort was terrible. We were so shocked that a community like this had no interest in welcoming others.

So yeah we learned the hard way and so much time could have been saved if someone was just willing to give us a few words of advice.

Since then if we see a couple that has just joined and they make it clear they have never been involved with swinging or websites like this, we always send a welcome msg and ask if they would like to know anything to which we do get reply saying that they would love some advice, it just makes that bit more enjoyable for newbies.

Some people might disagree with what iv said but there is no harm in being nice.

A lady above said she was totally ignored at a club which honestly is beyond disgusting behaviour, especially being the club that it is..I can't imagine how that must have made her feel. The club cliques stand out a mile.

We would love to try a club or two but this is exactly what puts us off, the potential to be ignored..it makes me laugh actually when folk ask what's the best way to meet and get verified..the answer is go to a club, not everyone has the confidence to just walk Into to a club not knowing what to expect and if there was this chance of being ignored, and can make you feel like your not worth getting to know. Especially if your face doesn't fit.

It's really quite sad the amount of people on this thread are feeling it one way or another.

somewhere in moray

Bio's not book ^^^

I haven’t found this, but I’m really sorry you have x

I think on here you just have to take everything with a pinch of salt, if you get a reply or good interaction enjoy, but with such a large amount of fake profiles and people chasing the same people sometimes it will feel as though you are being ignored?! There’s always tomorrow

By *cottieboy123Man  over a year ago

Perth

Awww you won't be blocked here, lovely to meet you.

Awww you won't be blocked here, lovely to meet you. "

Pleasure to meet you too

By *cottieboy123Man  over a year ago

Perth

Hey, this site can be very friendly but also sometimes unpleasant, you stick with the nice people!

Awww you won't be blocked here, lovely to meet you.

Pleasure to meet you too "

Constantly.....

By *bsolutebeginnersCouple  over a year ago

Planet Ork

Fabland is a weird and wonderful concoction of a place. We’ve always tried to be as open and honest as we can be and try to be polite and you do end up questioning why you put yourselves through it when you get blocked for no apparent reason after chatting a lot or when you are on the receiving end of derogatory messages. Sometimes we just take a step back and remember to not take things too seriously on here. Unfortunately that also can be a problem as a lot of people think that because of our humorous approach to this place that we’re a joke profile and don’t want to have anything to do with us! It’s hard to read people initially anyway, it’s even harder through the medium of fabland which is a jungle that is also frequented not just by swingers but also the curious, the fantasists and the time wasters. Consequently we rarely engage on here now which is a shame. Covid did throw a huge spanner in our works as it did with everyone else just as we were finding our feet in this weird and wonderful journey, maybe we will continue in our adventure but at the moment we’re not feeling the excitement that we once were.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

It happens to most of us at some point. Feeling ignored etc.

But that doesn’t mean one has to feel lost. We are largely a bunch of strangers so no feelings should be hurt

» Add a new message to this topic