FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Being called a time waster?

Being called a time waster?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *nLCuriousCouple OP   Couple  over a year ago

notts

So, thought we’d start a new thread.. A couple of times now we’ve been called time wasters by people who contacted us or who we’ve chatted with, because we wouldn’t meet them. We think our profile is quite easy to understand if people actually read it! ????? Anyone else experience this?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *un CMan  over a year ago

Basingstoke

Yes! I got called a time waster yesterday.

Arranged to meet a woman, she said 8pm, I agreed (perfect due to work etc)

Then at 5pm she messaged and said meet at 5.45pm... I said I couldn't... I'm the time waster apparently

By *batMan  over a year ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

I asked for face pics from a couple that were arranging to meet me. In the same message I asked if they'd prefer to meet for a drink or a coffee before we met properly.

The message I got back was scathing! "Coffee? We meet to fuck, not drink coffee." They seemed genuinely offended that I asked to see Facepics and I got the impression they thought I should think myself lucky that I was going to meet them under any circumstances.

To be fair, I wanted to fuck them rather than drink coffee, but I would happily agree to a social first if that had suited them better.

Gbat

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes once because we couldn't meet them at the drop of a hat... funnily enough we have lives and commitments outside of fab

Mrs. X

By *reenleavesCouple  over a year ago

North Wales

We had two messages from a couple, a while ago, a few hours apart (we went offline just before the first one). The first was a 'Hey how are you, do you want to meet tonight?'. The second was just 'bloody time wasters'.

My take on this is that there is a heightened sense of expectation - we all put ourselves right out there with photos that we'd never show anyone - we risk it all for an elusive experience that blows our mind. More often than not actual daily life gets in the way. I reckon that 95% of "timewasting" occurs because Shit happens!

I'm not a door mat so will only wear a bunch of excuses so far but I find that communication is key to success in any aspect of life. Communicate effectively and you'll have enormous and amazing experiences - Don't and you'll be forever frustrated - what I'm trying to say is don't always look to the other party for why tour tryst failed but sometimes look inwards

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

Every other day as only meet in club's

By *orbidden eastMan  over a year ago

london dodging electric scooters

Never been called that. Most definitely it’s the way round way round.

Just one example from many 60 messages in and absolutely ghosted

Absolutely marvellous right

Nah. I wouldn't care if some random person thought that either.

By *xploring_FunWoman  over a year ago

Coventry

My favourite ever moment of being called a time waster on here is something I’ve mentioned in a few threads.

Chatting to a guy for a week or so. Suggested a meet and he was keen. He suggested Tuesday between 3 & 5.

I could do all day Monday, after 6pm Tues, Weds & Thurs and all day & evening Fri, Sat & Sun.

I was apparently the time waster as I wouldn’t take annual leave to do 3-5 on a Tuesday

By *inky_CarpenterMan  over a year ago

Portsmouth

I think most of us have probably been accused of it at some time or another. It's the sense of entitlement that bugs me, who in their right mind would expect someone they've never met to just instantly drop everything, to accommodate their schedule?????

By *landfordfabbersCouple  over a year ago

Blandford ish

Yup, we can echo lots of the posts here, too many expect you to eat sleep and dream swinging, that you are on it everyday every weekend and I want to meet all the time, truth is we have a Uber busy home life and a child who we need a baby sitter for…sadly life does get in the way

By *helroyCouple  over a year ago

Skegness

A few times seems they don't read our full profile only the bits they like not the bit we not meeting others just now only playing with who we already meet with

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

My profile is very clear in regard to what I'm here for but many people choose to ignore that because they believe they can test my resolve.

When I don't agree to send a facepic or phone number, shave my beard off or play bi, apparently it's my loss and I'm a timewaster regardless of the fact that they contacted me first with their list of demands.

In my opinion they are just waiting their own time.

People often get butthurt when you say no.

The worse the 'insults', the more sad they are that they can't fuck you.

Take it as a compliment.

They think the site is an Argos for sex. Pick the sex meat you want, message it and wait for delivery.

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

"So, thought we’d start a new thread.. A couple of times now we’ve been called time wasters by people who contacted us or who we’ve chatted with, because we wouldn’t meet them. We think our profile is quite easy to understand if people actually read it! ????? Anyone else experience this? "

Yes it happens but surely they've wasted our time if they haven't read or blatantly ignored our profile...we do point this out occasionally.

This is why I only respond to people who have read my profile. I also make it clear from the get go I'm not looking to meet. As long as people are straight up with you there's no such thing as time wasting.

By *ussraneCouple  over a year ago

Romford

"My take on this is that there is a heightened sense of expectation - we all put ourselves right out there with photos that we'd never show anyone - we risk it all for an elusive experience that blows our mind. More often than not actual daily life gets in the way. I reckon that 95% of "timewasting" occurs because Shit happens!

I'm not a door mat so will only wear a bunch of excuses so far but I find that communication is key to success in any aspect of life. Communicate effectively and you'll have enormous and amazing experiences - Don't and you'll be forever frustrated - what I'm trying to say is don't always look to the other party for why tour tryst failed but sometimes look inwards"

Agree 100%

By *ch WellMan  over a year ago

Scotland

I sent an introductory message to someone a while ago and got a reply saying they'd never meet me as I was a timewaster.

By *UFSWoman  over a year ago

belfast

I have been called a time water,on numerous occasions for not replying to or opening messages.

My profile is short and clear,don't message me unless I message you first,but do guys take heed? Do they hell? They'd much sooner get nasty with their self entitled attitude.

On the plus side,it's a great filter,because if I see they've contacted me,I now know to steer clear when I am seeking a playmate.

"I have been called a time water,on numerous occasions for not replying to or opening messages.

My profile is short and clear,don't message me unless I message you first,but do guys take heed? Do they hell? They'd much sooner get nasty with their self entitled attitude.

On the plus side,it's a great filter,because if I see they've contacted me,I now know to steer clear when I am seeking a playmate."

You could just use your filters to stop guys being able to message you

By *UFSWoman  over a year ago

belfast

"I have been called a time water,on numerous occasions for not replying to or opening messages.

On the plus side,it's a great filter,because if I see they've contacted me,I now know to steer clear when I am seeking a playmate.

You could just use your filters to stop guys being able to message you"

I could do,but then I would lose that filter.The filter that lets me know those guys have no interest in what I want,just what they want.They are most certainly not the type of people I want to interact with.

On the plus side,it's a great filter,because if I see they've contacted me,I now know to steer clear when I am seeking a playmate."

I use the Numpty filter too.

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

Endlessly….especially when I reply to ‘ONE !’ Message saying I’m not meeting currently. Or have a bit of a chat and realise we have nothing in common. Then the ‘time waster’ tag is thrown at me.

I blame sexual frustration

"So, thought we’d start a new thread.. A couple of times now we’ve been called time wasters by people who contacted us or who we’ve chatted with, because we wouldn’t meet them. We think our profile is quite easy to understand if people actually read it! ????? Anyone else experience this? "
on daily basis... do I give a shit?nope...

Not been called one but come across many!

By *arried-bi-guyMan  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

Been called one because I wouldn't give someone my phone number lol

By *rivervaderMan  over a year ago

bolton

Chance would be a fine thing. Very rare folk will reply to me unless they are abusing me

I arranged to meet somebody a few years ago and they never shown. They were timewasters!

To be quite honest the whole point of chat on a swingers site is to eventually meet but for someone to chat to you and ghost you is a waste of time

By *ilverjagMan  over a year ago

swansea

I only get called a time waster by idiots who seem to think that the overnight accommodation I have on offer is a free hotel, not something that's available when I happen to be available.

By *harAndBryCouple  over a year ago

nr Stamford

Only the once, I think. He also accused us of making up cancer to postpone a meet!

(Bry)

By *arry monk40Man  over a year ago

Telford

Yes

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

It says 1st line you're not meeting, so I'd say it's clear.

Sadly many just don't read profiles men, women and couples.

I had not meeting several times on my profile and got asked at least a few times a day. I also got the well why you on here reply from 1 or 2.

Use fab how you wish and just ignore those who get arsey cos you say no.

been called fake ...time waster .. ghost ... catfish .... and yet never said a word but we like it to us its a thank god we never met you or even wasted our time with you to us its just another filter to block them until they join again even then they still stand out just block move on be thankfull they lost it with you before anything remotely happened ...

to the guy that said the whole point is to chat to meet erm no its not the whole point of chatting is to see if you have anything to spark a meet ...if it goes dead youve not been ghosted youve neen sent a clear message of not interested...

I experience being called it often because I don’t meet when demanded right now and then.

"been called fake ...time waster .. ghost ... catfish .... and yet never said a word but we like it to us its a thank god we never met you or even wasted our time with you to us its just another filter to block them until they join again even then they still stand out just block move on be thankfull they lost it with you before anything remotely happened ...

to the guy that said the whole point is to chat to meet erm no its not the whole point of chatting is to see if you have anything to spark a meet ...if it goes dead youve not been ghosted youve neen sent a clear message of not interested..."

By *nLCuriousCouple OP   Couple  over a year ago

notts

"To be quite honest the whole point of chat on a swingers site is to eventually meet but for someone to chat to you and ghost you is a waste of time "

We disagree I’m afraid. There is no obligation to meet physically when joining this site. We enjoy the chat room etc. Surely ones reason for being here doesn’t have to align with another’s.

» Add a new message to this topic