FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Let downs and run arounds

Let downs and run arounds

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ecretpassion100 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Walsall

So my wife gets excited when single guys she has chosen say there on way

Spends time looking hot then there a no show ...whats with you guys i just don't get why ? Could we get to the bottom of this please as we need turn up guys not left wanting

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Should had picked Rick Astley, he would never let you down or run around.

By *elboy64Man  over a year ago

weston

"So my wife gets excited when single guys she has chosen say there on way

Spends time looking hot then there a no show ...whats with you guys i just don't get why ? Could we get to the bottom of this please as we need turn up guys not left wanting "

Keyboard wankers or couldn't get away from the wife.

The fantasy vs reality kicking in usually stops them coming?

The thrill of the chase?

Theve been using you as wank fodder and have shot the bolt?

Last minute nerves?

By *oobyHotwifeWoman  over a year ago

Thurrock

They are just into the chase, sit and have a wank at the thought of meeting & your wife getting dressed up for them

Never having any intention of actually turning up

It's why I won't engage in long drawn out chats with single guys on here

When I'm looking for single guys I usually go from message to meet in under 2hrs, the more you chat the more likely they are to be a disappointment in my experience

By *onyjoCouple  over a year ago

Peterborough

We have been in this situation, and single guys wonder why they struggle to get meets. I like to think its the few spoiling for the many as usual, but it is annoying.

By *r mrs pCouple  over a year ago

taunton

Spends time looking hot then there a no show ...whats with you guys i just don't get why ? Could we get to the bottom of this please as we need turn up guys not left wanting "

Wait for the knights in shining armour saying " I would never do that " hopefully the single guy we are due to meet next Monday isn't a no show

By *orwicholdieMan  over a year ago

Norwich

It is not only guys who let people down females and couples do it too it is nos at stage where more people let you down than meet so i have gone back to accommodating and dont bother to get ready until i am told the people have parked i would say at least 80% of people are no shows

Spends time looking hot then there a no show ...whats with you guys i just don't get why ? Could we get to the bottom of this please as we need turn up guys not left wanting

Wait for the knights in shining armour saying " I would never do that " hopefully the single guy we are due to meet next Monday isn't a no show "

Bloody hard enough for us single guys as it is !!!@

Walsall

Had one turn up took one look at wife and said no chance mate ?

I said why pretty angry ..he said she is to hot to play with and ill blow she he deleted fab and left ffs

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

Some time ago we were in a hotel and reached out to local guys and got chatting. When it moved to "ok let's meet" they all suddenly couldn't make it. This type of scenario is why we now just go to club...much easier.

Walsall

So he sorry

Walsall

"Some time ago we were in a hotel and reached out to local guys and got chatting. When it moved to "ok let's meet" they all suddenly couldn't make it. This type of scenario is why we now just go to club...much easier. "
thinking good plan

By *ddy GirthyMan  over a year ago

Girthy Town

"Should had picked Rick Astley, he would never let you down or run around."

Oh wowwwww

Ban this person from ever making such bad puns lmao

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

"Some time ago we were in a hotel and reached out to local guys and got chatting. When it moved to "ok let's meet" they all suddenly couldn't make it. This type of scenario is why we now just go to club...much easier. thinking good plan "

It works for us

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Prefer black box as she's gotta get up and right on time

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Seriously though took a peek you are a lovely couple.are plenty of folk on here whom would jump at the chance myself included.just don't let it knock your confidence socials and clubs events that hold these you know without any expectations but a great way to connect with genuine ones even is us genuine folk that takes time to shuffle through and find here it's like a game of patience...

Luckily haven't had this issue yet but I can understand it can be frustrating. Tbh we most play with regular single males we've known and trust for awhile.

Mrs x

By *icknHMan  over a year ago

Ilfracombe

Hahahahahahaha !! Good one !

By *educerMan  over a year ago

Brentwood

I know it is against the rules but I believe naming and shaming would stop a lot of this....

Ilfracombe

"They are just into the chase, sit and have a wank at the thought of meeting & your wife getting dressed up for them

Never having any intention of actually turning up

It's why I won't engage in long drawn out chats with single guys on here

When I'm looking for single guys I usually go from message to meet in under 2hrs, the more you chat the more likely they are to be a disappointment in my experience "

Yes 100%. I’d rather meet for coffee abd chat than exchange loads of messages

By *IG G77Man  over a year ago

GATLEY

I'd turn up it's a shame some get let down and ruins it for genuine guys like me who look for real friendship

Ilfracombe

"Some time ago we were in a hotel and reached out to local guys and got chatting. When it moved to "ok let's meet" they all suddenly couldn't make it. This type of scenario is why we now just go to club...much easier. "

So true. Fabs biggest problem I think. Also, in clubs I find the filtering rules can be broken

Perhaps she needs to re-evaluate how she decides who she'd like to meet

By *exymansexyMan  over a year ago

Warfield

So good to see plenty of others are just as frustrated on here. Not just single guys

By *hloetTV/TS  over a year ago

Nottingham

Dunno why the site doesn't do more to stop it.

I don't chat to anyone without a veri and even some of the people who have them turn out to be fake accounts.

By *oomerang73Man  over a year ago

Newton

Obviously being a single man on here I’ve experienced it the other way around. Drove 30 miles for a social we’d been chatting for weeks. She was late and apologised but after I’ll be there in 5 mins text for the next 30 mins I left and went home. Arranged a meet with a lady and she text me to say she was leaving only to get a text 20 mins later saying she’d had a closer offer and wouldn’t be coming WTF!!! I had the last laugh as the bloke she dumped me for didn’t show either

Had a few no shows, both singles and couples, including one 2nd meet after a social. Does bug me a bit, but it is just a part of the game. The ones that annoy are those which are "on the way" but never arrive....that is just plain rude!

By *ausage1970Man  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

Wankers

By *rhugesMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

Th amount of work time and effort it takes a guy to get a connection on here, it's beyond me why they wouldn't so up, especially when the couple look that hot

aint it funny when the guys come on these post saying well id never let you down or should have picked me type post but thats the point they didnt ..why ...well they clearly werent interested in you or you never put yourselves forward in the first place ..these guy that do this the one who just want to bleat well im a good guy on these types of post are as bad as the ones who let people down ...

Walsall

"aint it funny when the guys come on these post saying well id never let you down or should have picked me type post but thats the point they didnt ..why ...well they clearly werent interested in you or you never put yourselves forward in the first place ..these guy that do this the one who just want to bleat well im a good guy on these types of post are as bad as the ones who let people down ... "
very true this

By *obletonMan  over a year ago

A Home Among The Woodland Creatures

"I know it is against the rules but I believe naming and shaming would stop a lot of this...."

But what about all those meets you no-showed for?

Shouldn't you be names and shamed for those?

(can you see what I did there?)

By *ove fun xxxMan  over a year ago

Telford

Who would be daft enough not show up to pay with you

She is one sexy lady

By *harAndBryCouple  over a year ago

nr Stamford

We now won't even consider anyone without meet verifications. There'll be loads that say that's not infallible as sone just don't display them, but the most common denominator to our no-shows were lack of verifications and being under 30 years old.

We've accepted that half of our meets won't turn up. Sone might give reasons, others won't even let you know and just ghost you. Most probably got cold feet at the thought of having to perform with another get there, or couldn't get away from the wife (that they claimed they didn't have).

Usual suggestion is clubs, but that doesn't work for everyone. Avoid too much dirty talk, though. That usually shows they just wank stuff for the wank bank.

(Bry)

Ilfracombe

Turning up is easy, getting invitations is the hard bit

"Had one turn up took one look at wife and said no chance mate ?

I said why pretty angry ..he said she is to hot to play with and ill blow she he deleted fab and left ffs"

haha really the guilt became real lol.

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

The first four or five meets I arranged on here stood me up.

I decided to change the only thing within my control: my behaviour.

I started to vet potential meets far more carefully and found a way that worked for me. It became harder to arrange meets but the meets I did arrange were much more likely to happen.

It's all very frustrating OP, and I'm afraid most of us have experienced it. It just seems to be a fact of life on here.

By *egvisir71Man  over a year ago

Derbyshire

I said why pretty angry ..he said she is to hot to play with and ill blow she he deleted fab and left ffs"

That’s just ridiculous. Plenty would jump at the chance to meet you both and actually turn up. Great pics

By *iss pleasuringWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere near

Best option for me. If he is really wanting to meet. He can meet me in a club

By *lirtyAndFunCouple  over a year ago

Rushden

We've had 3 in the last 2 weeks, fucking hate it but its inevitable. Always gonna be some guys like that unfortunately

On the plus side i had a meet with a guy i would hav otherwise missed if it wasnt for a no show. He was amazing

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Penrith

"aint it funny when the guys come on these post saying well id never let you down or should have picked me type post but thats the point they didnt ..why ...well they clearly werent interested in you or you never put yourselves forward in the first place ..these guy that do this the one who just want to bleat well im a good guy on these types of post are as bad as the ones who let people down ... "

And these guys may also have messaged this couple but their mail could have been lost in the avalanche, or be one of the many the couple read, but didn’t reply to……..

By *hil most chillMan  over a year ago

London & Europe

I'm here struggling to reach the meet stage on Fab... it's utterly frustrating that some guys get to this stage with a beautiful woman like your wifem and then throw it away. Makes it harder for the rest of us - I don't blame you for not trusting single guys to be honest...

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

Ok I don’t have a car so last min meets are out of the question.

I pretty much only meet people in clubs; I will meet people in other places like hotels but that would probably be people I have met before.

Even as a well verified single male, it is still bloody hard

Surely that's what verifications are for ? Someone with meet verifications is less likely to let you down and be a keyboard waster x

So my advice would be do a bit of investigating on potential meets x

It’s definitely harder to find a genuine M to meet since the end of social restrictions so we can understand your frustrations OP. Trying more clubs or organised parties/socials is maybe a one part solution or consider asking for a phone number early doors Like someone previously said it’s the few who ruin it for all the genuine folk out there. We just accept that this behaviour goes on and try to move on without getting fed up. Easier said than done

By *iman2100Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Had he not seen picture of her before the meet? There are loads on your profile.

By *hancer666Man  over a year ago

Redbourn

[Removed by poster at 06/02/22 22:00:39]

By *rad670Man  over a year ago

South Lakes

I continue to be shocked every time I hear the couples and ladies saying they get no shows and messing around, I just don't get it, especially when ther'es always a thread from some bloke moaning about not getting any attention or meets. I only ever had one no show and it is an awful feeling after the build up, getting ready and all the different emotions you go through on the run up to a meet.

By *laclkguyMan  over a year ago

Pontefract

"It is not only guys who let people down females and couples do it too it is nos at stage where more people let you down than meet so i have gone back to accommodating and dont bother to get ready until i am told the people have parked i would say at least 80% of people are no shows "

Yes I've been in the same situation a few times

I usually catch them out before travelling but a few sometimes are missed and i end up in a street when they vanish off line

By *urvytreatWoman  over a year ago

somewhere nice

I think as you can verify someone, there should be a no show option, even if you can’t leave any comments. I’ve had 3 no shows and it’s annoying, even though it was only a social at a coffee place. Especially when you’ve spent time getting ready and money to get there

We all have a right to change our mind!

By *enuine_J87Man  over a year ago

Eastleigh

Had someone give me the run around on here. Met them once everything went to plan and was great. They wanted to make it a regular thing and I was game for that. Next day they stop replying, day after their profile was deleted, 2 days later they remade the profile but wrote it very differently.

We got talking again a few weeks later, they gave some weak reasons but I let it slide because let’s face it, I’m the guy. We arrange to meet again, a few days before, they give some bullshht reason to not meet. I say fine ok. Next day at like 4am they say oh dorry yo mess you around do you still want to meet I said urhhgg fine sure. Knew what was coming any way by this point and predictably a few hours later they again came up with another terrible reason. I didn’t even bother replying that time. They obviously have some issues going on.

As for me, still never been a no show and honestly couldn’t tell you why any REAL guy would do it

By *LUFFER200Man  over a year ago

North Devon

Frustrating when hearing about all the no shows as a single looking for genuine meets. I find couples are usually the most reliable.

I have been let down countless times but if I agree a meet I will be there.

By *he_massangerMan  over a year ago

Sheringham

I've seen your pics and all I can come up with is that they've clearly taken leave if their senses.

Glasgow

"We all have a right to change our mind! "

I totally agree. If you change your mind do you tell the man or couple you had arranged to meet?

By *t3phani3TV/TS  over a year ago

Bournemouth

Fuck I wouldn't....I'd make her squeal.

Bournemouth

[Removed by poster at 07/02/22 01:04:12]

Bournemouth

"We all have a right to change our mind!

I totally agree. If you change your mind do you tell the man or couple you had arranged to meet? "

With respect why wouldn't you tell said person its the right thing to do.

Not just the blokes happened to me weekend with a couple who i arranged a meet with was told they were free and gave me the post code,i then drove 20 miles got there and messaged them 20 mins later get a message with another post code just round the corner so i go there then no reply for 30 mins when i gave up and left,i messaged them to say thanks for wasting my time to then get an apology saying daughter rushed into hospital,i was then blocked and the same couple put another meet up straight away

It's easy to talk a good game, but performing is much harder, especially if they've being bigging their performance up.

By *ill4cherMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"We all have a right to change our mind! "

Of course, and that's no problem so long as you let me know in good time.

By *itzi999Woman  over a year ago

Slough

Seriously, just go to a club near you… you can meet and socialise in a secure environment and play with them if you wish to. None of these fantasists

By *onnie 90Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

Choose well verified accounts only. I've found newbies and Unverified accounts are the most likely to bottle it.

If they're asking for lot's of pictures and wanting to chat dirty then they're most likely having a wank.

Suddenly vanish without warning or reason. Wife/girlfriend/partner arrived home unexpectedly.

There are many more signs to look out for, but these three are my first ports of call.

Glasgow

"We all have a right to change our mind!

I totally agree. If you change your mind do you tell the man or couple you had arranged to meet?

With respect why wouldn't you tell said person its the right thing to do. "

I asked the the question of the responder because their responce to the OP read as if it was in support of the person who ghosted the OP at the last minute. I wondered if they may not have meant it that way.

Whilst I agreed one has the right to change their mind, I sought confirmation that the responder would at least tell the other party, because the prime focus of the original post was that they were not told. It is not for me to instruct the responder how to behave.

However, whilst I believe it is good manners if one changes their mind to tell the other party, it is a sad fact that, in my experience, because there is no comeback, ghosting, gaslighting and timewasting is commonplace on Fab.

I hope that explains my comment more clearly.

Happened countless times to us frustrating and demoralising for jane.

By *aulp4alsMan  over a year ago

Warrington

It also happens the other way round. The people you go to meet gave me the wrong address on purpose as I seen them peeking out of the window a few doors away

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

Happens all the time as some are just players

We ha ent met anyone for years due to all the timewasting

Glasgow

Seriously, just go to a club near you… you can meet and socialise in a secure environment and play with them if you wish to. None of these fantasists "

Clubs get a huge amount of advertising on Fab forums; it seems to be the universal answer.

There are however people who cannot afford the entry fees and/or do not like clubs. They prefer the more intimate atmosphere of a hotel room or a home.

For single men going to a club on spec they could pay over something like £40 to get in only to stand around all evening getting nowhere whilst couples socialise with each other.

Clubs may work but they do not address the issue of why such a large proportion of individuals think it OK to mess other people about on Fab.

By *ed LipstickWoman  over a year ago

Fucksville

"Choose well verified accounts only. I've found newbies and Unverified accounts are the most likely to bottle it.

If they're asking for lot's of pictures and wanting to chat dirty then they're most likely having a wank.

Suddenly vanish without warning or reason. Wife/girlfriend/partner arrived home unexpectedly.

There are many more signs to look out for, but these three are my first ports of call."

I agree with this, it's happened to me OP, very annoying

By *enland66Couple  over a year ago

Spalding

Take it with a pinch of salt

An added guy or couple is just part of our fun. If they fall to show up we still enjoy eachother

I got stuck on the M1 for five hours once because of a lorry fire, I’m sure the couple thought I was a no show even though I got the Mr to messaged to say I was stuck in traffic, sometimes things do come up. But it’s rude if there is no communication to say why or leave you hanging.

Could a fab app be the solution? It could have a meet feature where it picks up when your devices are near each other and show a successful meet and then no shows could be banned or something. Obviously nobody other than fab would have access to locations though.

Glasgow

"Could a fab app be the solution? It could have a meet feature where it picks up when your devices are near each other and show a successful meet and then no shows could be banned or something. Obviously nobody other than fab would have access to locations though."

It does have the 'who's near?' feature already.

When I was part of a couple profile I used to ask guys to turn that on so I could monitor them getting closer. Then I would check they arrived by looking at where they parked from the house.

Occasionally I got an "I'm here! Which house?" To which I could reply "You are still 15 miles away where you were this morning. Good bye!"

By *harAndBryCouple  over a year ago

nr Stamford

"Could a fab app be the solution?"

A Fab app would be classed as porn by both Google and Apple and wouldn't ever be allowed on either's app store. An Android app *could* be made and downloaded direct to Android phones, but it's more of a security risk and can't (easily) be done on Apple phones.

Unfortunately we're stuck with Fab via the web.

(Bry)

By *tickyfingers.24Man  over a year ago

Newport Pagnell

This story happened before lock down.....

My car broke down after organising a meet with a couple in a nearby town.

I let them know the issue and ended up catching taxi/train/bus/taxi to get to their home, needless to say later than planned.

The couple were amazingly cool. Ended up staying the night with them and was given a lift back to the train station after breakfast.

Was an amazing night and worth all the effort to keep the appointment!!!

Redbourn

"Could a fab app be the solution?

A Fab app would be classed as porn by both Google and Apple and wouldn't ever be allowed on either's app store. An Android app *could* be made and downloaded direct to Android phones, but it's more of a security risk and can't (easily) be done on Apple phones.

(Bry)"

Why are we taking these suggestions seriously, and why are we following them up with a response, like it could ever be implemented.

(Bry)"

Maybe not a full fab app just like a meeting app to go alongside the website.

(Bry)

Why are we taking these suggestions seriously, and why are we following them up with a response, like it could ever be implemented. "

It’s a forum for discussion. Someone suggests something and others discuss. It’s literally the whole point of a forum.

By *uitednbooted2Man  over a year ago

Berkshire

Just have to make better choices OP.

"Could a fab app be the solution? It could have a meet feature where it picks up when your devices are near each other and show a successful meet and then no shows could be banned or something. Obviously nobody other than fab would have access to locations though.

It does have the 'who's near?' feature already.

When I was part of a couple profile I used to ask guys to turn that on so I could monitor them getting closer. Then I would check they arrived by looking at where they parked from the house.

Occasionally I got an "I'm here! Which house?" To which I could reply "You are still 15 miles away where you were this morning. Good bye!" "

That’s not a bad idea but we don’t accommodate so it’s us travelling. We haven’t really had no shows though just people who ghost last minute.

Redbourn

Do we allow everyone to tell their special story that no one gives a fuck aboutbecause 0°e they cant wait to give theirs. Not one person here so far as ever bailed at last second and blocked, as they just changed their mind on a whim, had better offer, just needed a wank at home. Remarkable. I'll tell mine if someone has the balls to tell their,not everyone in this can be beyond reproach....say it ain't so

By *otsonewMan  over a year ago

All over North and Scotland

Oh I say! Pure quality. Hats off

"Do we allow everyone to tell their special story that no one gives a fuck aboutbecause 0°e they cant wait to give theirs. Not one person here so far as ever bailed at last second and blocked, as they just changed their mind on a whim, had better offer, just needed a wank at home. Remarkable. I'll tell mine if someone has the balls to tell their,not everyone in this can be beyond reproach....say it ain't so"

We’ll all stay silent and add nothing to the conversation then.

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

Touch wood, I've never had a no show but I do talk a lot beforehand and never engage in sexual chat or pics apart from what can already be seen on here. If they can't take the time to chat then I move on.

No doubt it will happen though at some point x

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

Everyone sadly get's it and Couple can be as bad as the single males and reason we now only meet on a Saturday night as then we know we will be 100% free and have enough time and as has been pointed out most of the males aren't single and a fair of the couples the fem either doesn't even exist or if she does she totally unware of her being on here and yes we have to cancel a arranged meet twice but this site is getting over run by keyboard wankers and dreamers and we had a no show on new years eve from a couple and before that we worked out we had about a 90% no show rate and so as we've said before we arrange to meet up in a pub/bar so when they don't show up we can still have a good night !!! and makes it all very frustrating as Mrs4 isn't in to clubs either xx

Redbourn

Unfortunately we're stuck with Fab via the web.p

(Bry)

Why are we taking these suggestions seriously, and why are we following them up with a response, like it could ever be implemented.

It’s a forum for discussion. Someone suggests something and others discuss. It’s literally the whole point of a forum."

Arm.

Arh, I thought it was to help OP get to bottom of why men bail. More personal stories of being stood up to follow. Presumably I can get a response to 'why don't we chip single guys as GPS on phone can be rigged with free app that lets me give you a live location, but not from where I actually am' I've suggested something and it's part of a story of mine. I'm literally saying people will figure out a way to cheat any system in place, its the whole point of my response

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

Happens to me with couples and single women too.

I think people have the fantasy but when the reality hits they run away

By *inkyguy78Man  over a year ago

Bristol

Ladies do it too. Someone told me the hotel they were in, I was on my way, but she sent quiet when it came to giving her room number. That or it was a guy pretending to be a woman. It's upsetting

By *ollycouple71Couple  over a year ago

manchester

Seriously, just go to a club near you… you can meet and socialise in a secure environment and play with them if you wish to. None of these fantasists "

x

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

After lockdown we tried our hardest to get some social meets under our belts with single guys as clubs weren't up and running. 2 out of 10 turned up. What a complete waste of time that was. Back to clubs now so all great again

By *9 kisses.Man  over a year ago

clacton on sea

"We have been in this situation, and single guys wonder why they struggle to get meets. I like to think its the few spoiling for the many as usual, but it is annoying."

I've had a few let downs,

One couple I drove a few miles to their road name they gave me,

Messaged them to say I've pulled up what number the house,

They read the message and went off line,

I know people get nervous about meets, but they could have told me before I set off,

(Bry)

It’s a forum for discussion. Someone suggests something and others discuss. It’s literally the whole point of a forum.

Arm.

Arh, I thought it was to help OP get to bottom of why men bail. More personal stories of being stood up to follow. Presumably I can get a response to 'why don't we chip single guys as GPS on phone can be rigged with free app that lets me give you a live location, but not from where I actually am' I've suggested something and it's part of a story of mine. I'm literally saying people will figure out a way to cheat any system in place, its the whole point of my response "

Maybe I missed the part where you “literally” said that. Apologies if I did. I’ve got nothing more to add to what I’ve already said so enjoy your day

Durham

We also been let down by one couple. It was a few years ago. Wasn't a no show but definitely a run around. We travelled 180 mile to meet this couple we'd been chatting with. Half hour before we were due to meet the messaged us and said they couldn't make it. They knew how far we had travelled. It was after that we decided to go down the club route, if folk don't turn up we are in a club having a great night

By *ellhungvweMan  over a year ago

Cheltenham

I had a let down last night that was kind of weird one. Had chatted and cammed before so knew I got on well with a couple.

Been trying to sort a meet out for a while with them but life just happens on both sides. Was finally able to sort it out for last night. It was a lengthy journey but I was travelling in that area anyway so not a massive issue - got to within a mile of their place (it was rural) and they just wouldn’t give the address. Asked several times. Nothing.

Eventually gave up after half an hour of waiting in the cold late at night and drove home. As soon as I left the area the phone went several times. Messages left etc - it is too late by then.

I get that people get scared/overwhelmed etc but don’t leave someone waiting late at night, in the cold, when you know they are close and have made a special detour.

By *aptain19725Man  over a year ago

Peterborough

I have been let down by a single women and a couple so it’s not just single guys

clacton on sea

"We also been let down by one couple. It was a few years ago. Wasn't a no show but definitely a run around. We travelled 180 mile to meet this couple we'd been chatting with. Half hour before we were due to meet the messaged us and said they couldn't make it. They knew how far we had travelled. It was after that we decided to go down the club route, if folk don't turn up we are in a club having a great night "

Omg that's a lot of miles,

I feel bad for moaning now,

I think mine was less than 30 miles round trip,

Durham

"We also been let down by one couple. It was a few years ago. Wasn't a no show but definitely a run around. We travelled 180 mile to meet this couple we'd been chatting with. Half hour before we were due to meet the messaged us and said they couldn't make it. They knew how far we had travelled. It was after that we decided to go down the club route, if folk don't turn up we are in a club having a great night

Omg that's a lot of miles,

I feel bad for moaning now,

I think mine was less than 30 miles round trip, "

Yes it was a bit of a kick in the teeth from what we thought were genuine people. Some people have no shame but hey ho onwards and upwards. On the whole now we mainly meet in clubs our fab journey is all positive. Still have some fab crazies try to spoil it but we know how to deal with them. You should see our block list, if we dug a hole and put the list in, it would reach Australia

Not to sound cliche but so many “women” have let me down

Redbourn

(Bry)

Arm.

Arh, I thought it was to help OP get to bottom of why men bail. More personal stories of being stood up to follow. Presumably I can get a response to 'why don't we chip single guys as GPS on phone can be rigged with free app that lets me give you a live location, but not from where I actually am' I've suggested something and it's part of a story of mine. I'm literally saying people will figure out a way to cheat any system in place, its the whole point of my response

Maybe I missed the part where you “literally” said that. Apologies if I did. I’ve got nothing more to add to what I’ve already said so enjoy your day "

Apology accepted

By *rab74Man  over a year ago

Huntingdon

"We travelled 180 mile to meet this couple we'd been chatting with."

Wow, I wouldn't go that far! I've driven into North London for a no-show before though, which was a good hour and a half each way. That wasn't a happy fun evening.

Durham

[Removed by poster at 07/02/22 16:26:54]

Durham

"We travelled 180 mile to meet this couple we'd been chatting with.

Wow, I wouldn't go that far! I've driven into North London for a no-show before though, which was a good hour and a half each way. That wasn't a happy fun evening."

We travel 220 to go to Jaydees, we've even had two single men not turn up there as well. Didn't go to meet them specially though, went for a weekend away @ Jaydees. Like we said clubs all day long now and not just any old club but clubs that are respectful of their guests and know how to look out for people. Roll on this weekend for our visit to Jaydees

Durham

"Not to sound cliche but so many “women” have let me down"

We've been let down by 2 single women, 3 couples and we can count on 4 hands how many single men since we started out on our Journey back in 2016. We would say it would be a lot more if we hadn't made the decision to meet in clubs as clubs are where the people go who really do want to meet others

Single men must be mad letting you down by not turning up. I wish I lived closer

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

I won’t engage in long chats with couples for the same reason. They tend to disappear. Lol.

Walsall

"Single men must be mad letting you down by not turning up. I wish I lived closer "
thank you

By *londenewcoupleCouple  over a year ago

Stafford

We’ve had three in the last couple of weeks. Suddenly incommunicado on the day of the meet - one had even previously met up for a daytime social!!

clacton on sea

"We’ve had three in the last couple of weeks. on the day of the meet - one had even previously met up for a daytime social!!"

I think it's because you are stunning and there nerves got the better of them,

By *otyouraverageABCMan  over a year ago

kent

They must be crazy. Your wife is drop dead gorgeous

By *xploring_FunWoman  over a year ago

Coventry, visiting Scotland

I arranged yesterday for four guys to join us this morning. All well verified guys, lots of chat back and forth about what we were after, what they were after etc.

Precisely one of them showed up.

Thankfully from experience I always ask people to confirm in the morning and only give the door number then (give the street before) so thirty mins before I guessed they weren’t coming and a couple of last minute guys stepped in.

Of the three two have been online multiple times this morning yet didn’t even bother to message to say something had come up

By *onynickiCouple  over a year ago

Bournemouth

Yep…… we’ve had that……. Lots of chat and assurances …….. hotel booked, best sexy outfit on, Tony got me lovely and excited and all ready and ………… one man turned up!

“Covid”

“Wife hasn’t brought the car back!” Eh???

“Just been called into work!”

“Can’t get away from work!”

“The dogs eaten the homework!”

Face palm emoji!

So my big gangbang was a lovely threesome in the end!

But we dust ourselves off and go again!

N

Xxxx

By *heeseandWineCouple  over a year ago

Reading and Southampton

We have been let down in the past in hotels too, our free time is precious so its clubs for us now

"I know it is against the rules but I believe naming and shaming would stop a lot of this...."

Should be a system of sorts that makes such behaviour public and fab could check the message trail to confirm it

"Some time ago we were in a hotel and reached out to local guys and got chatting. When it moved to "ok let's meet" they all suddenly couldn't make it. This type of scenario is why we now just go to club...much easier. We have been let down in the past in hotels too, our free time is precious so its clubs for us now "

I bet good old Boris would not have let you down if cheese and wine was on offer.

What the actual fuck man.

I have never heard such shit in my, bottle job simple as

By *ateniteCouple  over a year ago

Youghal

"It is not only guys who let people down females and couples do it too it is nos at stage where more people let you down than meet so i have gone back to accommodating and dont bother to get ready until i am told the people have parked i would say at least 80% of people are no shows "

We have had this on more that 1 occasion."I would never let you down", arrange to meet and guess what...let's us down.

Luckily we've had more good than bad experiences.

By *lexV16Man  over a year ago

Welling

You should have contacted me. If we agree, I’ll be there no silly excuses or you money back guarantee

By *ateniteCouple  over a year ago

Youghal

"It is not only guys who let people down females and couples do it too it is nos at stage where more people let you down than meet so i have gone back to accommodating and dont bother to get ready until i am told the people have parked i would say at least 80% of people are no shows

We have had this on more that 1 occasion."I would never let you down", arrange to meet and guess what...let's us down.

Luckily we've had more good than bad experiences. "

Apologies, we quoted the wrong post

By *igdave2000Man  over a year ago

stafford

Normally the other way around for me we arrange to meet then i ask time and place then dont answer an block me lol

By *he Secret Tea PartyCouple  over a year ago

London

I thought the title sounded like a song

KM

I can appreciate how frustrating it is when people have no shows or cancellations, especially when you don’t know what that person has done to make a meet happen (getting ready, childcare, accommodation etc). I’ve had it the other way round as single guys and had last minute cancellations but unfortunately that seems to be par for the course through fab. Now I tend to have all my meets through attending clubs however if I was to have a private meet it would be with someone verified to avoid the inevitable happening. I get that there are sometimes last minute cancellations which lead to no shows, that’s why verifications for no shows would be difficult to push for. The world keeps going however, just have to try and continue the search for genuine people however hard that may seem at times!

By *he Secret Tea PartyCouple  over a year ago

London

" you money back guarantee "

By *urious_couple_ukCouple  over a year ago

South Cambs

When we first started we had no problems, and honestly wondered if this was a much exaggerated thing but recently it seems to be 50/50 at best. Of course sometimes stuff comes up, but when they just don’t show and don’t let you know that is unforgivable in my book.

cant remember the last time we were let down we have our own process of making sure that the person is real and is going to meet .... we block all messer's dreamers wannabe wankers block block block it works those local we are not interested in blocked it works for us stop looking at the block button as rude its just a tool to use...

some wont like this but if your consantly being messed around then you need to take a look at your self and how you look for meets and how you message and stuff ..it is avoidable not for all as thats not possible but spoting the fakes and messers is quiet easy

Not only was that quick it's also witted ??

I doff my cap to you ??

"Should had picked Rick Astley, he would never let you down or run around.

Oh wowwwww

Ban this person from ever making such bad puns lmao"

Not best laff I had in ages

"Dunno why the site doesn't do more to stop it.

I don't chat to anyone without a veri and even some of the people who have them turn out to be fake accounts. "

How though?

What can a site that doesn't apply Draconian measures to police its members that in itself would drive the best members away do?

IMHO it's down to each individual or couple to choose wisely. There is a general lack of acceptance that people have other priorities or that they don't know how to reject or be rejected.

I dunno if any of you guys experience the absolute high of a pre meet? It's like nothing else! We fucked like beasts for hours and hours before our first - I was actually genuinely worried I'd stretched my banjo string a bit thin for the event.

Our first meet turned up and I will completely tip my cap to them because the lady had severely hurt her back a day previous and rather than let us down attended and performed like a legend!

However had they cried off neither of us would've felt abused. We had some of the most frantic and amazing sex since we started bumping hips!

Yes each and every failed attempt is an annoyance but stay happy and if all else fails - masturbation isn't a terrible way to end the day ??

» Add a new message to this topic