FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Messaging filter help!

Messaging filter help!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iss_Cali_xx OP   Couple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

It's got to the point where the amount of messages we get sent is unmanageable, so I'm thinking filters are the way forward, but just wanted to check if I'm right in thinking that if I block single men from messaging, will they still be able to wink at our profile and reply to us if we send a message to them? Thanks in advance xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Not sure if they can still wink. If you message them they can reply.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Think it's same as hiding the profile if messages have gone back and forth then still have something to reply with rather than no message unable to reply or send to you...

By *oobyHotwifeWoman  over a year ago

Thurrock

Not sure about winks as I don't use them

But they will still be able to reply to messages & I think if you've messaged previously & you've replied, they still be to message you, and they'll also be able to message via reply privately on forum posts

But it would stop regular new messages, when I've hidden my profile it dramatically reduced the amount of messages I received

"Not sure about winks as I don't use them

But they will still be able to reply to messages & I think if you've messaged previously & you've replied, they still be to message you, and they'll also be able to message via reply privately on forum posts

But it would stop regular new messages, when I've hidden my profile it dramatically reduced the amount of messages I received "

Apologies... I know you won't know as it didn't work but I have to confess!

I tried to wink you (as an experiment) but it said I'm outside your filters and the wink wouldn't go through. So apparently the filters do work on winks too.

Herne Bay

But it would stop regular new messages, when I've hidden my profile it dramatically reduced the amount of messages I received

I tried to wink you (as an experiment) but it said I'm outside your filters and the wink wouldn't go through. So apparently the filters do work on winks too."

I'm all about the science and data so that you for the little experiment.

I don't want to stop guys from contacting per say, it's just a lot and I don't have time to respond to everyone, and sometimes it will slow me down in getting back to someone and then they get pissy with me (the 'guess not then' messages are infuriating, especially the ones sent within 5 mins!). Just thinking there might be a better way to manage my inbox - what do other woman and couples do?

I tried to wink you (as an experiment) but it said I'm outside your filters and the wink wouldn't go through. So apparently the filters do work on winks too.

I don't want to stop guys from contacting per say, it's just a lot and I don't have time to respond to everyone, and sometimes it will slow me down in getting back to someone and then they get pissy with me (the 'guess not then' messages are infuriating, especially the ones sent within 5 mins!). Just thinking there might be a better way to manage my inbox - what do other woman and couples do? "

If they start being pissy would you really want to meet someone like that? I just ignore those types. They don't bother me because I see it as a positive that they outed themselves as angry types. I won't meet people like that so I've saved time bothering with them.

You could do message filters on age and that will reduce the messages. Or just go looking for men you like.

Herne Bay

I don't want to stop guys from contacting per say, it's just a lot and I don't have time to respond to everyone, and sometimes it will slow me down in getting back to someone and then they get pissy with me (the 'guess not then' messages are infuriating, especially the ones sent within 5 mins!). Just thinking there might be a better way to manage my inbox - what do other woman and couples do?

If they start being pissy would you really want to meet someone like that? I just ignore those types. They don't bother me because I see it as a positive that they outed themselves as angry types. I won't meet people like that so I've saved time bothering with them.

You could do message filters on age and that will reduce the messages. Or just go looking for men you like. "

Yeah, that is true. The angry or passive aggressive responses are definitely a big turn off! Thank you xx

By *al kalMan  over a year ago

london

I don’t know if setting age filters for messages would cut down a lot of messages for you, rather than blanket filter to not receive messages from single guys. See how it’s goes and adapt as necessary…

By *ed LipstickWoman  over a year ago

Fucksville

I just reduce the age limit drastically that can message me for a while. This helps and I agree with the other thread above that the "guess not then" messages are ignored.

By *al kalMan  over a year ago

london

"I just reduce the age limit drastically that can message me for a while. This helps and I agree with the other thread above that the "guess not then" messages are ignored. "

Guess I can’t reach out to you then lady

Do you have the four filters turned off for verified /site supporter/ newbie (and another)? That cut down the rubbish messages for me. Also turning off location. Not publishing a status.

A trick I don't use but have before is to turn your profile off when you're not online. I know a few women who get loads of messages and that helps them. HTH.

By *mily36CWoman  over a year ago

Bedford (or anywhere beginning with B..!?)

Personally for me to cut out time wasters and saving those messaging /winking who aren't a match with what I'm interested in, the age restriction is the easiest way...

People can still view and fab pictures (if you are open to that) and this makes it easier to then look or search, and then reach out to those you think might be a match...

Just means you have to instigate first contact

» Add a new message to this topic