FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Just permanently deleted Facebook

Just permanently deleted Facebook

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

The constant restrictions and bans over the most petty things, plus bombardment of adverts, had enough.

Hope I can adapt without it. Anyone else done the same?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *i_guy_sloughMan  over a year ago

Langley

I haven’t yet but rarely use it. Lots of people are abandoning ship though which is why the share price has tanked recently

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Stopped using it years ago. Felt all the better for it too. Was permanent deletion easy? Last i tried to do it, i was going round in circles, so just deactivated.

I did about a year ago, but got it back for the little business I'm about to embark on.

Simply put, it's the powers at the top that are trying to control what we see for their own manipulation of the collective.

It's a joke I know, but it is what it is. The powers always been with the people. It's just we've given all our power over to a few tyrannical psychopaths.

You can definitely live you're life without it bud. Just a few adjustments here and there, and you're okay.

"Stopped using it years ago. Felt all the better for it too. Was permanent deletion easy? Last i tried to do it, i was going round in circles, so just deactivated. "

It was quite straight forward, but annoyingly not instant, like a 30 day window and then the process starts. Lets hope I dont give in haha

"The constant restrictions and bans over the most petty things, plus bombardment of adverts, had enough.

Hope I can adapt without it. Anyone else done the same?"

Yes got rid of Facebook, instagram, snapchat and WhatsApp. years ago.

When I learned that they make billions from our data and have never offered a penny to its users I left.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

I just read that one million people a day (could have been week) are leaving Facebook.

What did you mainly do on there?

I rarely use it now. I look at family photos and rarely make a comment on anything.

So, I probably would only miss seeing babies grow up and people on nights out.

"The constant restrictions and bans over the most petty things, plus bombardment of adverts, had enough.

Yes I did about 2 years ago and to be honest I never missed it. I'm contemplating getting rid of Insta too as the adverts are doing my nut in on there.

"Stopped using it years ago. Felt all the better for it too. Was permanent deletion easy? Last i tried to do it, i was going round in circles, so just deactivated.

It was quite straight forward, but annoyingly not instant, like a 30 day window and then the process starts. Lets hope I dont give in haha"

Once you have deleted Facebook, do not return to see if your account is deleted as I think that would reactivate your account.

I also requested all of my information and photos be sent to me, which they did the same day.

[Removed by poster at 04/02/22 11:42:42]

"I just read that one million people a day (could have been week) are leaving Facebook.

I rarely use it now. I look at family photos and rarely make a comment on anything.

So, I probably would only miss seeing babies grow up and people on nights out."

All I tend to see on mine is pretty much the same thing posted as you and you can clearly see a pattern going on with the posts.

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

Got rid of mine a couple of years ago and dont miss it, we managed before it so dont see why we need it now.

T

As everyone is agreeing on, it's very liberating.

Never used it. From the start it was about data mining and advertising, disguised with window dressing.

By *aughty but nice...Man  over a year ago

Staffs

I deactivated mine months ago and with the exception of this week have not looked or even missed it once,it's now deactivated again and I have no intention of using it again.

By *rivateyesCouple  over a year ago

Leighton Buzzard

"I did about a year ago, but got it back for the little business I'm about to embark on.

Simply put, it's the powers at the top that are trying to control what we see for their own manipulation of the collective.

It's a joke I know, but it is what it is. The powers always been with the people. It's just we've given all our power over to a few tyrannical psychopaths.

You can definitely live you're life without it bud. Just a few adjustments here and there, and you're okay. "

I’d avoid using it for business if I were you. I have for 7 years, I’ve run sponsored ads totalling £100+ per month every month.

About 3 months ago my account was hacked and they tried to run ads from my account and me to pay for it, Facebook warned me about a possible breach and I confirmed straight away that it was a scam.

They placed a restriction on my account so I couldn’t run ads anymore, I’ve used up every Avenue to contact them to reinstate the account and not a single response.

Upshot is 3 months on still restricted.

Don’t put your business in the hands of Facebook whatever you do.

East London

"I just read that one million people a day (could have been week) are leaving Facebook.

All I tend to see on mine is pretty much the same thing posted as you and you can clearly see a pattern going on with the posts."

Every other post is an advert or a page suggestion. I don't know where they get their data from to suggest some of the pages though.

Social media is the dog shit of the internet

By *utlongjohnMan  over a year ago

close

I keep toying with the idea but have FOMO

I did 6 months ago best thing I ever done

All I tend to see on mine is pretty much the same thing posted as you and you can clearly see a pattern going on with the posts.

Every other post is an advert or a page suggestion. I don't know where they get their data from to suggest some of the pages though."

From you.

Well done folks, been empowering seeing so many others feeling and doing the same

By *ocktoplaywithMan  over a year ago

Derby

Been tempted, prefer Twitter

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

I would delete it, but it is the only way I get to find out what the family is up to indifferent parts the world.

I tried Insta once but I could not stomach the intense vanity, narcism, egos and materialism of so many on there. Not to that degree, small bit is ok.

I would if I could but Facebook is my job

By *ongue in groveMan  over a year ago

Norwich

I've never used it.

Thought about it once until I read what they do with your details and decided against it.

I keep getting bans or restrictions for previous posts.

It's insane. I'm in a lot of historical groups so made a comment saying Hitler was evil and was restricted by faceache for bullying... The mind boggles.

By *hilledGuerillaMan  over a year ago

In the monkey house

The Zukk has taken a $25 billion hit to his personal wealth because of the drop in the stock price. Oh dear, how sad, never mind.

However will he cope.

"I keep getting bans or restrictions for previous posts.

It's insane. I'm in a lot of historical groups so made a comment saying Hitler was evil and was restricted by faceache for bullying... The mind boggles. "

I got my last ban for saying Hitler was a vegan, an animal lover and keen cyclist....surely it's a warning from history all these Lycra clad vegans with dodgy facial hair

I've been tempted to come off it as I only use it now to keep up to date with news x

Don't worry the world is still out there never been on Facebook Twitter facetime you'll soon wonder why did you waste your time enjoy

I’d get rid of it but make too much money selling in groups and on marketplace.

I totally agree I was just accused of been a right wing racist ffs

By *ev_1Couple  over a year ago

Bickliegh

Never ever used it

Ditched Facebook about 5 years ago, it’s a mess. Deleted Twitter too, and stopped posting on Instagram.

Life without social media is way better. Back to living and moving in silence again!

Tell you what though, I genuinely struggled for about a year when I deleted Twitter. It takes a while to get used to not being able to blurt out your opinion on the days events. Looking back I now see how draining and pointless that was.

East London

Every other post is an advert or a page suggestion. I don't know where they get their data from to suggest some of the pages though.

From you."

Some is so far from what I've clicked on I wonder how their algorithms work.

I stopped using it years ago. There was constantly videos being uploaded where you can tell it was fake and scripted. Those really annoyed me for some unknown reason. I don't miss it at all. I use IG but very rarely. Only to share pictures now and then as have family abroad.

From you.

"

Their targeting is based on everything you do on the platform - like a post, click a link, follow a page, leave a comment, all tracked! Sometimes you’ll be targeted because of your friends too.

Plus any sites you visit off Facebook UNLESS you’re an iPhone user and haven’t opted IN to app tracking. They’ll still have access to everything you do on FB but not on other apps/sites.

By *ragsterMan  over a year ago

Blackburn

Yes there is life after and away from facebook...I got a virus on my phone about 4 years ago ...I couldn't access my fbook account ...it wouldn't even let me set up another fb account...so I thought stuff it ...and realised very quickly I found i had more time to do stuff I wanted to do instead of scrolling through mindnumbing shite what others are doing with their lives...

Yes i see the positives of fbook for promoting your own business etc but I really don't give fbook a thought and i have my own business too..

Old style word of mouth and recommendations still seems to work for me.

By *S2004Man  over a year ago

Bromsgrove

Never used this Facebook thingy!!!!

From you.

Their targeting is based on everything you do on the platform - like a post, click a link, follow a page, leave a comment, all tracked! Sometimes you’ll be targeted because of your friends too.

Plus any sites you visit off Facebook UNLESS you’re an iPhone user and haven’t opted IN to app tracking. They’ll still have access to everything you do on FB but not on other apps/sites. "

Did I hear that Facebook had tried to sue apple over apples privacy terms affecting facebooks business model.

I did the very same thing 16years ago I couldn't tolerate it then, hate to imagine what it's like now.

From you.

Plus any sites you visit off Facebook UNLESS you’re an iPhone user and haven’t opted IN to app tracking. They’ll still have access to everything you do on FB but not on other apps/sites.

Did I hear that Facebook had tried to sue apple over apples privacy terms affecting facebooks business model."

Yep they did, they also took out ad space and accused apple of being mean to small businesses.

"Stopped using it years ago. Felt all the better for it too. Was permanent deletion easy? Last i tried to do it, i was going round in circles, so just deactivated.

It was quite straight forward, but annoyingly not instant, like a 30 day window and then the process starts. Lets hope I dont give in haha

Once you have deleted Facebook, do not return to see if your account is deleted as I think that would reactivate your account.

I also requested all of my information and photos be sent to me, which they did the same day."

I am in the process of deleting mine. I have thousands of photos and have been downloading them when I get the chance. When you were deleting your account was there an option to request your info be sent to you or did you have this request separately?

By *itygamesMan  over a year ago

UK

ive never had it........never would...........why would you ?

you want everyone knowing your business?

if i want somebody to know something i'll text em

if i wanna find something out i'll google it

sell something i'll bay it

i dont get why folk need or use it

At the moment it's too useful for things but...

Getting pissed off with Ads

Getting pissed off with FB jail for trivia things whilst the allow the real abusers to get away with it.

Stealing our data.

Constant changes messing profiles and functionality up.

The list is becoming endless.

Time to find another platform.

By *arkus1812Man  over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

I stuck with it for 6 months then bailed out, that was 10 years ago, no regrets.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Ohh god no love my facebook x

Never been on it, I'm proud of that

Mad thing is I never wanted it in first place but after years of pressure to get it from people I finally made one age 36. Didn’t like the thought of people knowing my business that is why I resisted. But I did meet some interesting and fit people through it too. I kind of like that I am going back more anonymous like the old days.

By *illybeachboyMan  over a year ago

Guernsey

I deleted all my facebook 'friends', changed my name & username & now just follow groups I'm interested in, My feed is far more interesting now it's not filled with peoples children, food or memories.

By *erry bull1Man  over a year ago

doncaster

I deleted my profile on Facebook over 3 years ago and have no regrets whatsoever

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple  over a year ago

Lincoln

I only really use mine for the Messenger app and because I have an Oculus now. I barely actually use it for anything else, I don't think I've posted anything for at least two years

LvM

From you.

Did I hear that Facebook had tried to sue apple over apples privacy terms affecting facebooks business model.

Yep they did, they also took out ad space and accused apple of being mean to small businesses. "

FB seem to think they have the right to use their users data as they wish, apple don't agree thank god, and they are adding more tools to iOS to further prevent data harvesting, which is good to know.

I don't have social media, I guess I'm boring

Fab is the only social media I've ever had the slightest inclination to use. I have no interest in other people's mudanities or exhibitionism. I am 100% interested in their sex lives though, so fab is magic!

By *bostCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

We haven’t deleted but curtailed use.

Mr checks his memories on a daily basis (he’s a bit nostalgic that way) and Mrs has kept it for selling stuff.

Don’t need it for anything else, if anything it negatively affected our Mental Health over the past few years instead of helping.

By *TK421-Man  over a year ago

Cheltenham

If only my work wasn't so reliant on it....

And I just went onto Instagram too... Eugh.....

Lucky OP.

By *lutonicMan  over a year ago

Leicester

If You've Abandoned FB then what social media you using?

Leicester

If You've Abandoned FB then what social media you using?

Leicester

"I only really use mine for the Messenger app and because I have an Oculus now. I barely actually use it for anything else, I don't think I've posted anything for at least two years

LvM"

What's an Oculus?

Leicester

"I’d get rid of it but make too much money selling in groups and on marketplace. "

Nice what you selling on Market Place..

Never ever been on Facebook

Been told it’s good for keeping in touch with families who live abroad

Most of the time they say it’s other people slagging other people off

Glad I’ve never used it

By *ounty durham bbw coupleCouple  over a year ago

darlington

I have nit taken the plunge just yet bug getting close have spent 5 months of last 12 banned anyway so learning to live without it

By *orflondonerMan  over a year ago

Wood Green

Deactivated mine as I have photos connected to my family tree,and until I sort out another website won't be deleting I am on Insta and WhatsApp.

WhatsApp for family and friends and insta for a London history interesting photos thing I do. It keeps me amused

By *isstonguetasticjoWoman  over a year ago

widnes

It's funny how many people say they delete them apps

But wat about all the ones on here

Who met people in the past then just delete their profile cos they now not gettin their cake n eat it

But give it a few days a week a month

They end up comin back on again n have a cheek askin for veris from wen they had, had meets in the past

Fuck that off

If u leave cos ur not gettin any

Wudnt b arsed common back

Or u met people in the past then they just fuck u off

Then reappear months later start msg u again as tho just a new person n wanting to meet up

But wen u ask were they been for so long

They say they met someone

But never worked put so they split up

Jump right back on here msg u wantin to meet up again

Or u leave

Then U just COME BACK ON HERE

More like scared of missing out on anything

Talk about a lot of sad desperate dicks on here most of the time

And the fanny fuckers who just shag anyone n anythin

"It's funny how many people say they delete them apps

Who met people in the past then just delete their profile cos they now not gettin their cake n eat it

They end up comin back on again n have a cheek askin for veris from wen they had, had meets in the past

Fuck that off

Then reappear months later start msg u again as tho just a new person n wanting to meet up

Or u leave

"

Lol thanks for the rant

By *imbo59seMan  over a year ago

North Norfolk

Never have, nor ever will, use(d) Farcebook, Twatter, Idiotgram etc etc.

Each to their own I fully accept, but some things I can do without.

Haven't had any social media for years, it's toxic. Anyone who actually cares about me already knows what's going on in my life without me posting about it.

By *AABMan  over a year ago

Not far

Deleted Facebook three years ago. I couldn’t see what it was for other than to strip mine me for data and throw adverts at me. Deleted Twitter as that’s just a toxic cess pool. Never bothered with Instagram.

Social media has generated the largest mental health crisis in human history.

I got off Facebook about 2015. Haven’t missed it in general. Market place would be handy and I’m into cars and a lot of the car forums have migrated towards Facebook but I just don’t care.

"It's funny how many people say they delete them apps

Fuck that off

Or u leave

"

There’s a lot of hate there.

By *ch WellMan  over a year ago

Scotland

"I keep getting bans or restrictions for previous posts.

It's insane. I'm in a lot of historical groups so made a comment saying Hitler was evil and was restricted by faceache for bullying... The mind boggles. "

Yeah I've had the bullying bans and just recently back from 1 for inciting violencefor saying the teachers who were taking jackets and jumpers from pupils if they didn't have a school badge on them leaving them cold need a slap. Also been banned for racism for saying Americans are daft

I came of Facebook 3 years ago and I don’t miss it one little bit. I caught up with old friends when I joined and am still in contact with those I got on with and haven’t bothered with those who turned out to be bonkers conspiracy theorists or hold very right wing views

Missed it when I first came off, but I got over it

By *ustfun009Man  over a year ago

oxford

Yes facebook is a very depressing site full of people trying to pretend their life is better than yours....facebook is responsible fo a lot of peoples mental health and suicides

By *iscreet gent2018Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

I use it way less these days. It used to be good to keep in touch with mates and family etc but now it’s so full of adverts, groups and false s*it, I hardly go on. I use it as a way of recording things I know I’d like to look back on. Like photos of holidays or milestones in our lives. For everything else though, it’s terrible.

Got rid years ago, never missed it. I followed a fair few hobby pages but they mostly have websites/found a different site anyway.

Just too many ads, people arguing and general drama.

- Mr.

Deleted mine about 6 years ago. I really don't miss looking at people's Nandos, getting random friend requests etc etc.

At one point I thought I knew my pal's new baby as well as they did after seeing about 40 pictures a day.

You will learn easily to live with out any social media......

My pet name for my brother in law and his wife is actually Tik and Tok........

I got rid of it a year ago. Too many self proclaimed political experts and epidemiologists for my liking. I got tired of watching life long friends tear each other apart. Laci followed shortly afterward. Yes we felt slightly disconnected initially, but our lives are full of other, more interesting things now.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I did about a year ago, but got it back for the little business I'm about to embark on.

You can definitely live you're life without it bud. Just a few adjustments here and there, and you're okay. "

Nope ........ The power is with Tik Tok. Leavers of Facebook are going to Tik Tok.

» Add a new message to this topic