FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Old Camera Film

Old Camera Film

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *enatton2 OP   Couple  over a year ago

West Midlands

So we recently found two rolls of camera film, obviously from a long time ago. We know for a fact one has adult content of us, not sure about the other one. Now we’d love to get them both developed but we have questions….

1) Is there a discreet service that could do it for us?

2) Will the film even be ok to develop after such a long time?

Thanks in advance

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *aomilatteCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

In the "olden days" there used to be companies that would develop XXX pics, obviously you couldn't take them to Boots! An online search may help.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

A processing company once refused to print my pics. I was piercing a male's nipple with a needle

West Midlands

"In the "olden days" there used to be companies that would develop XXX pics, obviously you couldn't take them to Boots! An online search may help."

Yeah I remember the newspaper adverts for those services lol.

We sent one to Truprint by accident once, they did it no problems but I wouldn’t do it again, we were horrified lol

By *ananas57Couple  over a year ago

lake ariel

Back in the day I took my film to the local drug store, I got back most of my pictures but also got quite a few knowing looks from the male staff

West Midlands

Sorry, kind of bumping this up in the hope somebody else sees it and can help!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The film may have gone off, but if you want to try getting them developed then there will be some small companies who will process them. How discreet they are is another thing

I had a friend who ran a processing factory which did the film for Boots and all the big chemists and camera shops. The staff saw so many private photos they never registered with them when they did the quality checks, they only picked up on photos that needed reporting to the police

By *lipperyhalo69Couple  over a year ago

norwich

Not sure how viable this option is for you guys but I believe you can pick up a machine that will scan your film and convert the pictures to a digital version which you can do whatever you want with. Have seen them on amazon for around £70

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Not sure how viable this option is for you guys but I believe you can pick up a machine that will scan your film and convert the pictures to a digital version which you can do whatever you want with. Have seen them on amazon for around £70 "

This won't work unfortunately as the film has to be developed first. Shame though as it would save lots of blushes.

By *illpeopleCouple  over a year ago

High Peak

Watching with interest as we have exactly the same problem.

By *harAndBryCouple  over a year ago

nr Stamford

As far as I know, as long as there's nothing illegal in the photos then you're fine. There's still plenty of places to post film off to and get prints, or digital images on DVD, back. Just check their terms and conditions first.

As far as whether the film itself is okay....that's dependant on how it's been stored, length of time and all sorts of factors. It's a gamble with old film stock.

(Bry)

By *inkyeroticaCouple  over a year ago

Ampthill

Regarding content, unless it’s illegal the lab won’t give a damn about the content, and a mail order service is your best bet.

Regarding how well the film will have withstood the test of time is subject to many factors. The quality of the original film stock, the type of film, how well it’s been stored and even the format of the film itself.

Most likely it will be okay, with colour shifts and light leaks being the most obvious artefacts of degradation.

By *oson-BlueCouple  over a year ago

North Kent

The chances are that it will develop ok, but the dyes will have aged so the colour balance will almost certainly be off kilter.

West Midlands

Thanks for the replies

By *ig1gaz1Man  over a year ago

bradford

you can develop film at home

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty2KqF9Hu1Q

theres enough info on youtube for you

» Add a new message to this topic