FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > New Tattoo

New Tattoo

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *elightfulharmony OP   Woman  over a year ago

Cheshire

For sooo long I’ve wanted a new one but with so many to choose from and where to have it has taken yrs to decide well on the 1st I’m getting my thigh done in Manchester hip to knee as a treat for my 40th yes go big or go home

a brick is an understatement As I’ve only had one 4hr sitting before and these will be 6hr sittings I have numbing cream to wrap it before but can only use on first visit

What I’m asking is what else can I do/could do to help get me through it or is it a case of no pain now gain

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ustdaveHantsMan  over a year ago

chippenham

Go full malaga 98 and rock up hammered is one option!!

By *hoenixcouplexxCouple  over a year ago

Leicestershire

I've always found it's helped me to go on a sugar rush as I find it delays my pain threshold dropping.

That and owning the fact that to get what you really want you always have to go through some pain one way or the other lol

Cheshire

"Go full malaga 98 and rock up hammered is one option!! "

Haha not really a big drinker but thanks

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Try strong pain killing tablets you’ll get 4 hours

Out of the tablets if decent enough

Happy tats looking forward to seeing it complete

Cheshire

"I've always found it's helped me to go on a sugar rush as I find it delays my pain threshold dropping.

That and owning the fact that to get what you really want you always have to go through some pain one way or the other lol"

Now that’s the sort of advice I need thank you

Haha yeah I though as much bring it on

Cheshire

"Try strong pain killing tablets you’ll get 4 hours

Out of the tablets if decent enough

Happy tats looking forward to seeing it complete "

Got some of them lying around that’s a possibility the further along I get

Be careful what pain killers you use as some thin the blood meaning you’ll bleed more. Paracetamol are ok.

Make sure you’re well hydrated but avoid caffeine for the same reason as above.

Have a good breakfast before going.

Take something to eat and drink with you. I usually take pasta, a boost bar and a bottle of water or a sports drink(no caffeine).

By *rMrsB.Couple  over a year ago

Barnsley

"Go full malaga 98 and rock up hammered is one option!! "

Ha ha it was magaluf for me!!!! MrsB

Stick on some tunes,lay back and zone out. Concentrate more on the music,lose your physical self in that and your thoughts.

You'll be done before ya know it

"For sooo long I’ve wanted a new one but with so many to choose from and where to have it has taken yrs to decide well on the 1st I’m getting my thigh done in Manchester hip to knee as a treat for my 40th yes go big or go home

a brick is an understatement As I’ve only had one 4hr sitting before and these will be 6hr sittings I have numbing cream to wrap it before but can only use on first visit

What I’m asking is what else can I do/could do to help get me through it or is it a case of no pain now gain "

Where on your body was the 4hr sitting?

You might be ok. Depends on how intricate the design is.

Good luck

By *hebritukCouple  over a year ago

London

Do not take painkillers as they thin the blood. It good to take a long hot bath before hand. Loose clothes helps. No alcohol either.

Cheshire

"Be careful what pain killers you use as some thin the blood meaning you’ll bleed more. Paracetamol are ok.

Make sure you’re well hydrated but avoid caffeine for the same reason as above.

Have a good breakfast before going.

Take something to eat and drink with you. I usually take pasta, a boost bar and a bottle of water or a sports drink(no caffeine).

"

Was thinking paracetamol or maybe codine depending the pain after first visit.

Thank you will be sure to take a lunch pack

Cheshire

"Stick on some tunes,lay back and zone out. Concentrate more on the music,lose your physical self in that and your thoughts.

You'll be done before ya know it "

I did think this but thought would I be rude to do this?! haha

Take your own pillows/cushions for comfort/support. I found being uncomfortable and shuffling lowered my staying power!

Cheshire

"For sooo long I’ve wanted a new one but with so many to choose from and where to have it has taken yrs to decide well on the 1st I’m getting my thigh done in Manchester hip to knee as a treat for my 40th yes go big or go home

What I’m asking is what else can I do/could do to help get me through it or is it a case of no pain now gain

Where on your body was the 4hr sitting?

You might be ok. Depends on how intricate the design is.

Good luck "

That one was my shoulder/blade area. This one is a least 2 if not 3 6hr sittings. It’s more Celtic type with curving around hip bone (not looking forward to that pain) mostly b/w with a bit of colour for personalised design.

Thank you

Cheshire

"Take your own pillows/cushions for comfort/support. I found being uncomfortable and shuffling lowered my staying power! "

Well I wouldn’t have thought of this one either defo be packing a pillow thank you so much

By *uffymayfairCouple  over a year ago

vera playa, Almeria

A lollypop to suck on helps, gives the sugar you'll need

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

A thigh piece you say ...

By *urplechesterCouple  over a year ago

chester

I literally sit there thinking it’s nothing compared to childbirth without pain relief , mind over matter haha, seems to work for me! Oh it also helps if the tattooist is hot! I look forward to seeing your new ink Miss pc

By *orruptionandliesMan  over a year ago

leeds

I have more on Thursday afternoon, really enjoying the feel of being tattoed

By *illbilly47Man  over a year ago

Faversham

Have a big breakfast before you, take some headphones and listen to music, audiobook or podcast to take your mind off it.

You will find after a while you will get used it

What are you having done?

Cheshire

"A lollypop to suck on helps, gives the sugar you'll need "

The tattooist ain’t gonna know what hit her when I walk in with pack lunch pillow sports drinks and lolly pops haha thank you

By *tooveMan  over a year ago

belfast

What I’m asking is what else can I do/could do to help get me through it or is it a case of no pain now gain "

Don't use numbing cream. Tattooists don't recommend it.

Cheshire

"I literally sit there thinking it’s nothing compared to childbirth without pain relief , mind over matter haha, seems to work for me! Oh it also helps if the tattooist is hot! I look forward to seeing your new ink Miss pc "

I can’t compare to that but a recent knee op is high up there for me afraid the wrong sex to be ogling but I guess if it’s open area I could perve at others lol will be sure to post once it’s finished

By *tooveMan  over a year ago

belfast

"I literally sit there thinking it’s nothing compared to childbirth without pain relief , mind over matter haha, seems to work for me! Oh it also helps if the tattooist is hot! I look forward to seeing your new ink Miss pc "

I've fallen asleep a few times.

Cheshire

Don't use numbing cream. Tattooists don't recommend it. "

Haha yes she told me this nearly freaked out but she said there is one dr numb that I can use but only for first use as can not be used once she starts on leg. Bit skeptical as I’ve seen mixed reviews on it and it’s not a cheap cream but I’ve found one 30g for £20 but willing to do anything to help so gonna slap it on wrap myself in cling film and hope for the best

Cheshire

"Go full malaga 98 and rock up hammered is one option!!

Ha ha it was magaluf for me!!!! MrsB "

Haha My lst experience with magaluf was in my 20s met some random guy who was staying in hotel would meet up with him for drinks long story short was the first/lst time I squirted well until a few yrs ago

By *88eMan  over a year ago

Northumberland

My first tattoo booked in for 17th Feb!!!

Wanted one since I can remember but finally getting around to it.....can't wait!!!

By *imale38Man  over a year ago

Barnsley

Ive got a full day booked in for start of Feb. Onlty thing is i hate needles and get agitated really easy. Lol

By *xciter7169Man  over a year ago

The Midlands

Anyone had a tongue tattoo?

Cheshire

"My first tattoo booked in for 17th Feb!!!

Wanted one since I can remember but finally getting around to it.....can't wait!!!"

Good luck with yours

Oooo looking forward to seeing this

By *all Guy 00Man  over a year ago

Dumfries

I have 15 tattos

Cheshire

"Oooo looking forward to seeing this "

Haha you get a personal showing

"Oooo looking forward to seeing this

Haha you get a personal showing "

By *rop_dead_desirablesCouple  over a year ago

Mid Sussex

Take sweets & a sugary drink. Download a podcast or some episodes of a program you like to take your mind off. Personally wouldn’t bother with numbing cream as when it wears off you’ll be left with the full pain and no build up.

Make sure you get the Wi-Fi soon as you get in so you can scoll through if the artist isn’t very chatty x

Cheshire

Sweets and pillow went down a treat. Part one down outline complete. Now to get next bit done without the numbing cream playing havoc on my lower back

"Sweets and pillow went down a treat. Part one down outline complete. Now to get next bit done without the numbing cream playing havoc on my lower back "

I can’t wait to see the finished artwork

I hope the pain eases X

Cheshire

Well I’m glad that’s over with 9.5hrs later it hurt like a bitch but it’s done whoop whoop

By *hoenixcouplexxCouple  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"Well I’m glad that’s over with 9.5hrs later it hurt like a bitch but it’s done whoop whoop "

Let's see then!

"Well I’m glad that’s over with 9.5hrs later it hurt like a bitch but it’s done whoop whoop "

Ouch!!

Any people looking for recommendations for amazing tattoo artist in Manchester, try Kate Murray. She is very naturally talented and gifted. I got my last 3 done by her when I lived up there previously. Need to find a new one in London now for my chest, if anyone got recommendations (for black and grey complex detail)

I love tattoos I can't wait to see what you've had done, I'd like my stomach done next.

They are certainly addictive! I was supposed to only get a half sleeve on one arm originally to cover an awful tattoo I had at 17, now have 2 full sleeves with my chest on radar next

Haha they are I have many, some like them some hate them. It's an expensive addiction

My artist puts a film on to keep his clients distracted. It usually works but for the last hour of a full day sit he put Kill Bill on. All that blood and gore when I had a needle on my chest wasn’t pleasant.

To help I usually take some haribo for sugar and take a break halfway to eat a sandwich or something. I usually only drink water and then get a bottle of lucozade for the final stretch. I’ve done over 50 hours in the chair and it’s always worked for me.

Now some great aftercare and it'll be amazing when all healed! I'm looking forward to getting my next one (eventually). Just waiting for the artist to open his books. I love the tingling and numb sensation of getting tattoos. The final part, no matter how long the sitting is I always find tough. But can't imagine how uncomfortable artists get

Cheshire

For a short time I’ve uploaded a couple of pics just waiting approval

"For a short time I’ve uploaded a couple of pics just waiting approval "

It looks amazing!

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Practice breathing exercises to relax?

To be honest I'm no help at all I find tattoos therapeutic and virtually dose off

Apparently I'm a "good sitter"...

Nita

"For a short time I’ve uploaded a couple of pics just waiting approval "

Looks really good

By *he HandiemanMan  over a year ago

north west

That looks amazing

By *hatMinxOverThereWoman  over a year ago

42 Wallaby Way

I’m hoping to get an anime sleeve started soon!

Cheshire

"Well I’m glad that’s over with 9.5hrs later it hurt like a bitch but it’s done whoop whoop

Now some great aftercare and it'll be amazing when all healed! I'm looking forward to getting my next one (eventually). Just waiting for the artist to open his books. I love the tingling and numb sensation of getting tattoos. The final part, no matter how long the sitting is I always find tough. But can't imagine how uncomfortable artists get "

She did tell me what to do over the nxt few days for after care but with that day being my birthday a surprise evening was planned for me, then having to take my mum to a&e the following morning all I remember is cling film night, wash, apply moisturiser 3 times a day so apart from shedding like a snake right now it’s not scabbed so I think all is good in regards to after care

I actually managed better without the numbing cream but yes lst few hrs god dam were tough going. The flower parts are still hurting now I’m assuming it’s the multiple layers of the design.

Good luck for your next one think I’m stopping at 2 and a tiny haha

Cheshire

It was quite funny on first visit as I thought I would be helping by wearing a thong until she said have you brought some shorts so spent the first day with my arse on show

Once you get over the initial scabbing at the beginning, which as you know you should not peel off, I recommend a great moisturiser. That is ‘Norwegian Formula Deep Moisture Hypoallergenic Body Lotion’ (sensitive version), heals the skin beautifully, the only one I ever use even for general maintainence. Can get in Boots

By *ltra72Man  over a year ago

edinburgh

It looks brilliant. Is there a big waiting list at the tattooist you used ? X

By *inTonic2018Couple  over a year ago

Cardiff

Chocolate

» Add a new message to this topic