FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > 1950s traditional relationship

1950s traditional relationship

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ubbykitten OP   Woman  over a year ago

Kent

I was chatting to an old male friend recently, about traditional roles of women and men in a relationship like in the he 1950s. I know that nowadays this seems frowned upon but in all honesty, I would much prefer a male led head of household traditional relationship to what happens nowadays.

Yes I know I am going to receive a barrage of criticism about my views but I am still interested to know if others share similar views?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr southend

"I was chatting to an old male friend recently, about traditional roles of women and men in a relationship like in the he 1950s. I know that nowadays this seems frowned upon but in all honesty, I would much prefer a male led head of household traditional relationship to what happens nowadays.

Yes I know I am going to receive a barrage of criticism about my views but I am still interested to know if others share similar views? "

You are not alone in this, there are actually a huge number of people within the kink scene that are into the 1950s style relationship dynamic, you shouldn't receive any criticism for it, it's your relationship choice and if it appeals to you then you have every right to enjoy it as you see fit so long as it is safe sane and consensual. Enjoy your life the way you choose to and dont let anyone tell you it's wrong

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

Yep 1950’s male led relationships are one type of D/s dynamic that has its own popular subculture.

Kent

"I was chatting to an old male friend recently, about traditional roles of women and men in a relationship like in the he 1950s. I know that nowadays this seems frowned upon but in all honesty, I would much prefer a male led head of household traditional relationship to what happens nowadays.

Yes I know I am going to receive a barrage of criticism about my views but I am still interested to know if others share similar views?

You are not alone in this, there are actually a huge number of people within the kink scene that are into the 1950s style relationship dynamic, you shouldn't receive any criticism for it, it's your relationship choice and if it appeals to you then you have every right to enjoy it as you see fit so long as it is safe sane and consensual. Enjoy your life the way you choose to and dont let anyone tell you it's wrong "

Thankyou. I haven't personally met any men who prefer this lifestyle though.

nr southend

You are not alone in this, there are actually a huge number of people within the kink scene that are into the 1950s style relationship dynamic, you shouldn't receive any criticism for it, it's your relationship choice and if it appeals to you then you have every right to enjoy it as you see fit so long as it is safe sane and consensual. Enjoy your life the way you choose to and dont let anyone tell you it's wrong

Thankyou. I haven't personally met any men who prefer this lifestyle though. "

They are out there, this may not be the right site to find them though to be honest, this is the problem with the kink scene at times dating can be so damn frustrating trying to find someone who's kinks aligned with your own even if it's just for the play side of things, I am polyamorous and so many people just aren't wired that way and monogamous relationships for me have just ended up toxic.

Kent

I don't know of any websites that cater to my particular preferences

nr southend

"I don't know of any websites that cater to my particular preferences"
sadly links aren't allowed on here to other sites, are you on any of the popular fetish ones already?

Kent

I couldn't get on with the more well known fetish site to be honest....

By *inkySubBBWWoman  over a year ago

midlands

"I don't know of any websites that cater to my particular preferences sadly links aren't allowed on here to other sites, are you on any of the popular fetish ones already?"

I just tried to message you with the name of site but my messages are now blocked

nr southend

"I don't know of any websites that cater to my particular preferences sadly links aren't allowed on here to other sites, are you on any of the popular fetish ones already?

I just tried to message you with the name of site but my messages are now blocked "

Cant send links in pm either the block should clear in about 2 hours I think

nr southend

"I couldn't get on with the more well known fetish site to be honest.... "
I know the one I have been on there for about 15 years but dont use it much to be honest

Kent

I don't know what the block is. I haven't blocked you

nr southend

"I don't know what the block is. I haven't blocked you"

It's an automated site feature to stop people sending links to other sites

Kent

"I don't know what the block is. I haven't blocked you

It's an automated site feature to stop people sending links to other sites"

Oh I see !

nr southend

"I don't know what the block is. I haven't blocked you

It's an automated site feature to stop people sending links to other sites

Oh I see !"

You guys would need to message each other on a different app to be able to do it

By *achel SmythTV/TS  over a year ago

Farnborough

I don’t know about 50s style relationships, but I am most definitely a fan of 50s ladies fashions.

It was a decade that epitomised female elegance and style, the ladies looked simply gorgeous. I also adore 50s style lingerie and hosiery …. And love wearing it too!! Xxx

R xxx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's a more elegant way of life for sure

By *ensualMan  over a year ago

Sutton

The first time I heard of 1950's relationship was when I met someone some years ago at the old Kestrels (I still miss the old place) and she was also on Fab. Over a short period we got to know each other and when I introduced her to BDSM she confessed that she had always been attracted to a 1950's relationship.

As much as people say that the other site is the place to meet people, (which I disagree) I think there are equally competent and interested people on Fab. The difficulty with all relationships and especially with kinky relationships is that it is incredibly difficult to find matching partners.

Particularly, it is difficult for women (as other threads show) because many people see female submission solely as a sexual matter, whereas it is so much more.

I would prefer to live back in those days as well

Claire

By *exandthesuburbans83Couple  over a year ago

EASTBOURNE

Mrs likes this to a degree as she is a stay at home wife (mum) and likes to be led but also be home to please, tidy, cool (not by Mr direction, its by her choice as Mr enjoys equal share). She is naturally more submissive and likes it.

There is a term called trad wife which takes it more extreme so maybe search that as you may find connections.

Kent

I would happily be a traditional housewife , cook, clean, look after my husband and all his needs, being an obedient wide and ensuring his home is his sanctuary, his castle when he comes home from work. In return, he provides me with security , structure and protection and direction in life.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

It isn't for me but you do you

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

The part where you don't have to organise and sort everything yourself appeals to me.

But I'd need my work and a sense of equality too

Kent

"The part where you don't have to organise and sort everything yourself appeals to me.

But I'd need my work and a sense of equality too "

I love and prefer the man to be the decision maker. For me, the equality aspect is met with the fact I would 'choose' to be subservient and obey my husband. It's a lifestyle choice

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"I love and prefer the man to be the decision maker. For me, the equality aspect is met with the fact I would 'choose' to be subservient and obey my husband. It's a lifestyle choice"

That makes sense

Subbykitten we should chat

"The part where you don't have to organise and sort everything yourself appeals to me.

But I'd need my work and a sense of equality too "

Absolutely this!!

Kent

"Mrs likes this to a degree as she is a stay at home wife (mum) and likes to be led but also be home to please, tidy, cool (not by Mr direction, its by her choice as Mr enjoys equal share). She is naturally more submissive and likes it.

There is a term called trad wife which takes it more extreme so maybe search that as you may find connections. "

Not sure what you mean by 'more extreme' as relates to a traditional wife. Don't think it's extreme. It used to be the norm.

Kent

"The first time I heard of 1950's relationship was when I met someone some years ago at the old Kestrels (I still miss the old place) and she was also on Fab. Over a short period we got to know each other and when I introduced her to BDSM she confessed that she had always been attracted to a 1950's relationship.

As much as people say that the other site is the place to meet people, (which I disagree) I think there are equally competent and interested people on Fab. The difficulty with all relationships and especially with kinky relationships is that it is incredibly difficult to find matching partners.

Particularly, it is difficult for women (as other threads show) because many people see female submission solely as a sexual matter, whereas it is so much more."

Agreed! For me, it's a lifestyle choice

By *exandthesuburbans83Couple  over a year ago

EASTBOURNE

"Mrs likes this to a degree as she is a stay at home wife (mum) and likes to be led but also be home to please, tidy, cool (not by Mr direction, its by her choice as Mr enjoys equal share). She is naturally more submissive and likes it.

There is a term called trad wife which takes it more extreme so maybe search that as you may find connections.

Not sure what you mean by 'more extreme' as relates to a traditional wife. Don't think it's extreme. It used to be the norm."

Sorry meant as in more extreme than what my wife likes as she dips in and out of it as pleases her. She likes elements but not all of it. If that makes sense

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

It's not for me but I'm not going to dictate what you should want. So think what you want.

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Each to their own! If that's what is going to make you happy, go for it.

I'm quite sure there's a lot of men out there who would absolutely love that

I'm more the opposite, female led relationship. But it's the same kind of dynamic.

Kent

I am aware that nowadays, my own beliefs don't fit with modern society. I definitely belong to an earlier era.

By *exylovingcoupleCouple  over a year ago

Uxbridge

Actually we have a relationship based on the 50’s lifestyle. Our relationship is based on a D/S relationship and she treats meet like a king. I help around the house, much to her dismay. She is old fashioned in her views of how to look after her man, I feel very lucky. Our only deviation from this is she loves and I mean loves having sex with other men.

Kent

"Actually we have a relationship based on the 50’s lifestyle. Our relationship is based on a D/S relationship and she treats meet like a king. I help around the house, much to her dismay. She is old fashioned in her views of how to look after her man, I feel very lucky. Our only deviation from this is she loves and I mean loves having sex with other men. "

That sounds lovely, as long as you also enjoy her having sex with other men too?

Uxbridge

It is not a problem to me at all and it enhances our sex life to hear what she has been up to.

Kent

"It is not a problem to me at all and it enhances our sex life to hear what she has been up to. "

Was it something you required of her or something she asked for?

Uxbridge

It was something we decided between us. She has an extraordinarily high sex drive and prior to us getting together she was quite promiscuous (her words not mine). When I realised I couldn’t keep up with her but wanted to keep her we decided for her to carry on having sex elsewhere. As I mentioned earlier, I really do get looked after like I am a king and our whole relationship works fabulously well for both of us.

Kent

"It was something we decided between us. She has an extraordinarily high sex drive and prior to us getting together she was quite promiscuous (her words not mine). When I realised I couldn’t keep up with her but wanted to keep her we decided for her to carry on having sex elsewhere. As I mentioned earlier, I really do get looked after like I am a king and our whole relationship works fabulously well for both of us. "

That sounds like a perfect and happy life then

By *ilverjagMan  over a year ago

swansea

I've always described myself as being one of the last of the dinosaurs from the era when hardware was something that you got at the iron mongers, and the only software around was located between old men's legs before viagara was invented, when it was also hip for a guy to take a lady out who had gone to a bit of effort to look her best for the occasion, and not expect her to have a pocket calculator in her handbag to work out her share of the tab. Whist I was never a domineering head of the household who held the view that little children should be seen and not heard, I always saw my place as being the provider, and never touched any of my wives earnings or expected contributions.

Kent

"I've always described myself as being one of the last of the dinosaurs from the era when hardware was something that you got at the iron mongers, and the only software around was located between old men's legs before viagara was invented, when it was also hip for a guy to take a lady out who had gone to a bit of effort to look her best for the occasion, and not expect her to have a pocket calculator in her handbag to work out her share of the tab. Whist I was never a domineering head of the household who held the view that little children should be seen and not heard, I always saw my place as being the provider, and never touched any of my wives earnings or expected contributions. "

Nothing wrong with dinosaurs . They ruled for a long time!

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

There is an elephant in the room and it's this.

Double income households have leapfrogged single income house holders. So that means even modest single bed properties are out of the reach of singletons.

By *trideMan  over a year ago

Plymouth

" about traditional roles of women and men in a relationship like in the 1950s. "

If you want this kind of relationship today, marry a Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist or Chinese partner, i.e. one of the vast majority of the people in the world today.

Our current “Christian” marriages are stupid unnatural aberrations to everyone else, both today and historically. Another example of how whole cultures can go astray in the firm belief that only they are right. “Consumerism” and electing the biggest cheats, liars and thieves to rule the country are other examples, and there are many, many more in our lunatic society.

(Dives into survival shelter!)

By *ary_ArgyllMan  over a year ago

Argyll

Definitely a lot of change in relationships has been driven by economics which makes it challenging for couples where one partner does not want to work, unless the other has a very well paid job.

Kent

" about traditional roles of women and men in a relationship like in the 1950s.

If you want this kind of relationship today, marry a Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist or Chinese partner, i.e. one of the vast majority of the people in the world today.

Our current “Christian” marriages are stupid unnatural aberrations to everyone else, both today and historically. Another example of how whole cultures can go astray in the firm belief that only they are right. “Consumerism” and electing the biggest cheats, liars and thieves to rule the country are other examples, and there are many, many more in our lunatic society.

(Dives into survival shelter!)"

I can't make out which side you are on lol

By *pertureTV/TS  over a year ago

New Ferry, wirral in stockings and sussies

its not just in fetish or swinging, Stacey Dooley did a program about trad wifes.

By *avie65Man  over a year ago

In the west.

Are there any men or women for that matter who would know how to behave in that manner. The TV and films portary a different kind of relationship now mostly of people trying to get one over the other and doing exactly what they, the male or female, wants to do in a selfish manner.

i bleive it's s okay as it all about choice between two people. if someone says it's wrong for you to make a choice for yourself, then they are in the wrong.

I cant message you as Im not a site supporter but there was a site a few years ago. Im not sure if it still exists.

By *unandrelaxedMan  over a year ago

Farnborough

This is definitely one of the more interesting threads I've read in the forums recently. It's definitely got me thinking.

Thanks OP.

This is one of the many facets to our relationship.. We also have ddlg tendencies. It works for us. That's all that counts.

"I am aware that nowadays, my own beliefs don't fit with modern society. I definitely belong to an earlier era."

Sadly the “problem” being with this type of thing (and I use the phrase problem with hesitation here) is the equal rights movement. It kinda killed the traditional values up to the point of today in 2022 where people (particularly those of the generation just turning to adulthood) have multiple partners at the same time, which is lovely, but almost a polar opposite ti the trad wife values.

It makes traditional relationships look outdated and “odd”.

As a side note, I know this generation are very “open minded” with in their expectations, but has anybody else found that if it doesn’t meet their expectations (such as traditional wife relationships), this new “open minded” generation can be quite strongly closed minded, almost aggressively so?

By *andemanMan  over a year ago

bedforshire

To be honest iam not sure if the stereotype actually exists or ever did. Relationships are just that and each is different. If its a domination thing there are several of those types.

I have always found that mutuality and sharing is the vast majority of relationships.

Now if its domestic servitude, male breadwinner setup its still very common in America. Husband goes out to work wife stays home raises kids cleans and cooks. Not sure its perticulalry 50s been a model for centuries.

Is it that you want sunday afternoon fuck, lay back think of England and next weeks menu as man wanks penis with your vagina sex. Or Macho man sneaking off to have sex with other men in public toilet type? Than actually i had thought the swinging and fet scene was invented to free all of us from this type of mechanical 'sex'.

There's nothing wrong in this. It is a choice you have made yourself. This wasn't really possible for the majority of women themselves in the 1950s which is the difference.

By *urAlterEgosCouple  over a year ago

Barnsley

"

As a side note, I know this generation are very “open minded” with in their expectations, but has anybody else found that if it doesn’t meet their expectations (such as traditional wife relationships), this new “open minded” generation can be quite strongly closed minded, almost aggressively so?"

Yep

By *arkus1812Man  over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

"I would happily be a traditional housewife , cook, clean, look after my husband and all his needs, being an obedient wide and ensuring his home is his sanctuary, his castle when he comes home from work. In return, he provides me with security , structure and protection and direction in life. "

As one who grew up through the 50s the definition you have given portrays my mother and fathers relationship to a tee.

Kent

Well I don't think it is necessarily a fetish thing, though of course it can be for some. It's more a lifestyle choice.

There is a lot to be said for knowing each others role in a relationship, who does what etc.. that's purely a practical thing, division of labour etc.. so I don't think that is so unusual really. For example I know I am not remotely practical so don't ask me to fix something or take the rubbish out or fix the car. But I can cook and I can keep a lovely home.

Having 'expectations' around the sexual side of a relationship? Well I don't think that's a bad thing. A man who is kept happy and satisfied in bed, is almost always happy in the relationship. When a woman refuses him sex, that's when issues arise. Again, I expect others to judge me on that but I learnt that from experience. Keep him happy and he will be a happy man who will desire you and love you all the more. So happy man = happy wife.

Kent

But I happen to love a man who takes charge in all things. I find it relaxes me and I don't have to worry. I would obey my husband as I would respect him as the decision maker, the captain of the ship. He would be my King .

By *inkywife1981Couple  over a year ago

A town near you

Not sure it fits with what the OP says but we have a more traditional marriage than alot of our friends as in hubby works full time and is head of household if you will while wife is a full time stay at home mum/housewife.

Uxbridge

"Well I don't think it is necessarily a fetish thing, though of course it can be for some. It's more a lifestyle choice.

There is a lot to be said for knowing each others role in a relationship, who does what etc.. that's purely a practical thing, division of labour etc.. so I don't think that is so unusual really. For example I know I am not remotely practical so don't ask me to fix something or take the rubbish out or fix the car. But I can cook and I can keep a lovely home.

Having 'expectations' around the sexual side of a relationship? Well I don't think that's a bad thing. A man who is kept happy and satisfied in bed, is almost always happy in the relationship. When a woman refuses him sex, that's when issues arise. Again, I expect others to judge me on that but I learnt that from experience. Keep him happy and he will be a happy man who will desire you and love you all the more. So happy man = happy wife. "

This is interesting as experienced this in a former relationship. I was married with two children to a woman that I loved deeply. She went off sex in her mid-thirties which was exceptionally frustrating. Thinking I could carry on in a sexless relationship I realised that I couldn’t and we parted. Some 20 years later we are fantastic friends which is great for our offspring and grandchildren. We have both said to each other that we regret what happened and the outcome. I’ve moved on in my life better than she has but we care deeply for each other.

Kent

Well my search continues! I am sure such a man exists in real life and not just the fantasy pages of fab ? Thing is, for many, it does appear to be more of a fantasy than a reality, or something built into their sex lives rather than a lifestyle choice.

By *irginieWoman  over a year ago

Near Marlborough

I quite like playing this as a game but not for keeps. It takes me out of my real life and allows me to relinquish some control for a little while. Not as a submissive thing (which I’m not), more as a switch brain off thing. Pretty up, cook dinner, take the jacket at the door, get patted on the head and told I needn’t worry about the massive projects I run because I wouldn’t understand them anyway

V x

Kent

"I quite like playing this as a game but not for keeps. It takes me out of my real life and allows me to relinquish some control for a little while. Not as a submissive thing (which I’m not), more as a switch brain off thing. Pretty up, cook dinner, take the jacket at the door, get patted on the head and told I needn’t worry about the massive projects I run because I wouldn’t understand them anyway

V x "

Ha! You are funny ! I love all that, all of the time though!

My mum once told me never let hubby out the house hungry or horny and he will always come back.. Its worked so far.

As for trad relationships... I'm submissive to him. That's the way I beleive it should be. He is my protector, my guardian. There are things he will not allow me to do. (take out rubbish, clean the toilet stuff like that).

He does the repairs (house, cars trad "manly" chores).

I do most of the cooking (although he is an amazing cook, Scottish lasagne is to die for)

I guess the easiest way of putting it is we both have very clear defined roles. Some may find them "old fashioned" and that's fine. It works for us.

Kent

"My mum once told me never let hubby out the house hungry or horny and he will always come back.. Its worked so far.

As for trad relationships... I'm submissive to him. That's the way I beleive it should be. He is my protector, my guardian. There are things he will not allow me to do. (take out rubbish, clean the toilet stuff like that).

He does the repairs (house, cars trad "manly" chores).

I do most of the cooking (although he is an amazing cook, Scottish lasagne is to die for)

I guess the easiest way of putting it is we both have very clear defined roles. Some may find them "old fashioned" and that's fine. It works for us. "

Good for you x

» Add a new message to this topic