FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > What has happened to this site?

What has happened to this site?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lackMetal OP   Man  over a year ago

Centre

Fab used to be a site where people were genuinely curious about meeting others, there was a level of respect in how people came across to each other in their interactions and people made an effort to cultivate good first impressions. All this was reflected in profiles without the self-obsession and contempt for the audience reading their profiles and posts.

Now, there seems to be a lot of contempt and vitriol in a lot of profiles for the audience they are looking to pick a person from.

So genuine question - where do you think things have gone wrong and how did the site get to its current state?

Please be civil to fellow posters and stay objective.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I haven't really noticed much of a change in the 8 years I've been using fab

I'm on & off here 3 years now...But omg I did receive some terrible disturbing totally unprovoked abuse when I 1st joined & I mean totally unprovoked abuse as in no communication from me whatsoever...Some fraustrated men were lashing out...now I did say SOME as in a minority

It was over whelming tbh & I never stayed any longer than 3-4wks on previous profiles

I learned to grow a thicker skin though thankfully...it's not nice though that one has to toughen up a little while being on here...

I do believe Fab was quite exclusive in the early days though & was a nicer place to be back then

By *ausageNmashCouple  over a year ago

Andover

That follows society in Britain I think

I've been on and off here for several years and to be honest the only thing that has changed really is that people are more specific in their profiles about who they are looking for and things they want to do. At one time it was a little difficult to find out exactly what people were looking for, and resulted in quite a bit of 'ping-pong' tennis type messages. That still goes on but not to the degree as before. Nothing wrong with stating clearly what's being looked for, that saves people's time.

Mind you, I can see what OP is on about as some profiles are written in a way that do come over as very assertive and aggressive, which I'm certain is not the originators intentions. At least that's better than some I've seen with the words 'will fill in later' and the person has been on the site for over a year!

By *rGenuineMan  over a year ago

Purley

It’s always been a minefield and always 99% men but that’s just the way it is. Plenty of good people on here.

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

We've met some great guys on here, local to us who we meet again. Been here 6yrs now.

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

"That follows society in Britain I think"

Could be summed up as:

Too many people chasing too few resources (in both cases).

Purley

It’s each to their own. One of the most popular women on here to me is really grim. The type who will do anything with anyone. But it’s personal taste. Shouldn’t take anything to heart on here just be yourself.

By *uffolksubWoman  over a year ago

Brandon

This

By *estYorkshireGentMan  over a year ago

Leeds

Unfortunately this is spot on

Much better here than the other Fab site it is awful

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

"It’s each to their own. One of the most popular women on here to me is really grim. The type who will do anything with anyone. But it’s personal taste. Shouldn’t take anything to heart on here just be yourself."

And, this sort of attitude is why women repress their sexuality. Maybe she turned you down !

Centre

"I've been on and off here for several years and to be honest the only thing that has changed really is that people are more specific in their profiles about who they are looking for and things they want to do. At one time it was a little difficult to find out exactly what people were looking for, and resulted in quite a bit of 'ping-pong' tennis type messages. That still goes on but not to the degree as before. Nothing wrong with stating clearly what's being looked for, that saves people's time.

Mind you, I can see what OP is on about as some profiles are written in a way that do come over as very assertive and aggressive, which I'm certain is not the originators intentions. At least that's better than some I've seen with the words 'will fill in later' and the person has been on the site for over a year! "

You are right - at least, people are being specific about what they seek on here. Some of it though can come across as aggressive and a tune-off for the very people they seek.

Centre

"I'm on & off here 3 years now...But omg I did receive some terrible disturbing totally unprovoked abuse when I 1st joined & I mean totally unprovoked abuse as in no communication from me whatsoever...Some fraustrated men were lashing out...now I did say SOME as in a minority

It was over whelming tbh & I never stayed any longer than 3-4wks on previous profiles

I learned to grow a thicker skin though thankfully...it's not nice though that one has to toughen up a little while being on here...

I do believe Fab was quite exclusive in the early days though & was a nicer place to be back then"

Sorry to hear that. And glad you learned to cope with it. But experiences like yours highlight how bad it has become when people just abuse others for no reason for whatsoever. Mind you, o reason is good enough for that.

Purley

"It’s each to their own. One of the most popular women on here to me is really grim. The type who will do anything with anyone. But it’s personal taste. Shouldn’t take anything to heart on here just be yourself.

And, this sort of attitude is why women repress their sexuality. Maybe she turned you down !"

She didn’t turn me down because I didn’t approach her and I never would.

Anyway like I say each to their own, apologies if I came across nastily.

"I'm on & off here 3 years now...But omg I did receive some terrible disturbing totally unprovoked abuse when I 1st joined & I mean totally unprovoked abuse as in no communication from me whatsoever...Some fraustrated men were lashing out...now I did say SOME as in a minority

I do believe Fab was quite exclusive in the early days though & was a nicer place to be back then

Sorry to hear that. And glad you learned to cope with it. But experiences like yours highlight how bad it has become when people just abuse others for no reason for whatsoever. Mind you, o reason is good enough for that."

Thanks for your empathy...it means alot Yup I'm here to stay this time

There are lots of couples accounts on here that purport to be of committed swingers, some looking for single guys. But when you get chatting they quickly go cold, either because it's an account run by the male and the female probably doesn't know he's created the account and used private pictures, or they are both on here for their own amusement and have no intention of meeting even though they try to pretend they do.

"It’s each to their own. One of the most popular women on here to me is really grim. The type who will do anything with anyone. But it’s personal taste. Shouldn’t take anything to heart on here just be yourself.

And, this sort of attitude is why women repress their sexuality. Maybe she turned you down !

She didn’t turn me down because I didn’t approach her and I never would.

Anyway like I say each to their own, apologies if I came across nastily."

If you have never "approached her" I'm assuming you're saying ye have never communicated...How then can you state "that One of the most popular women on here to me is really grim"

It doesn't add up... Your comment is coming across as quite judgemental & a little bitter...You're speaking quite ill of this woman when you say "The type who will do anything with anyone" & yet you say you have "never approached her"... Something just ain't right here...

Purley

Or....she’s plastered all over the site, pics and videos liked by thousands and you can’t block that on here.

Centre

"There are lots of couples accounts on here that purport to be of committed swingers, some looking for single guys. But when you get chatting they quickly go cold, either because it's an account run by the male and the female probably doesn't know he's created the account and used private pictures, or they are both on here for their own amusement and have no intention of meeting even though they try to pretend they do. "

Never understand why people would waste their valuable time on a site on people they don’t know or have no intention of meeting. What’s the point? Sounds a tad bit narcissistic to me. But there are lots on here who adjust want to be popular or liked for their pics and fabs and that’s it.

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

And, this sort of attitude is why women repress their sexuality. Maybe she turned you down !"

Or maybe that individual is awful. He didn't say all popular women. Just the one.

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Broadstairs

There are so many on Fab who will never meet but it is there choice , just concentrate on those who will it’s easy to work out those who do

» Add a new message to this topic