FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Contacting people from verifications

Contacting people from verifications

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *viatrix OP   Woman  over a year ago

Redhill

So... let’s say that you met someone, everything went well, fantastic time, etc.

When you go and verify this person you see that they have several veris from people who could be potential playmates for you.

Do you contact them? Do you mention the -link-? Do you let the veri owner know you’re contacting someone they’ve met already?

I don’t know why I am thinking this is poor etiquette... but I suppose it sabes some people doing the legwork!

It is late and my brain is fried- it likes to overthink when it is like that.

And yes, I see now why some people don’t like verifications!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

We've had people contact us suggesting we meet them because they notice from verifications that we've met someone they've also met. That's partly why our verifications are hidden.

I can't articulate why but it just seems poor form.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Ps we like to do our own leg work

By *carletnsparksMan  over a year ago

halifax

I would just approach them as if you had found their profile and liked what you seen, not mentioning the veri from the person you had mutually met. They could then view your profile and take it from there

Makes you look less like a verification stalker lol

By *ale4MaleMassageMan  over a year ago

Kingston upon hull

Verifications can help me make a decision when I message and meet sometimes.

I have had guys message telling me that certain profiles have messaged them because they have met me and they want a go.

I've had so much hate because I publish all my verifications (most are hidden now) saying I must be riddled.

Redhill

"Ps we like to do our own leg work "

So do I! But someone seems to be having a whale of a time working through my shown veris lol- and it is someone I’ve not even met haha! We have a common meet and I suppose that is how she landed on my profile. I find it very poor tbh.

Ah, the delights of Fab politics!

By *nliveneTV/TS  over a year ago

Selby

"We've had people contact us suggesting we meet them because they notice from verifications that we've met someone they've also met. That's partly why our verifications are hidden.

I can't articulate why but it just seems poor form. "

That's the reason why i also hide my verifications .

By *nliveneTV/TS  over a year ago

Selby

"I would just approach them as if you had found their profile and liked what you seen, not mentioning the veri from the person you had mutually met. They could then view your profile and take it from there

Makes you look less like a verification stalker lol"

Completely agree

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

What’s wrong with meeting people from other verifications

It’s shows there are potentials for inviting them to parties should they have good connections surely

I think it’s quite nice

By *olden PoleMan  over a year ago

Thal

I’ve been contacted and contacted others on the strength of verifications.

They are a source of information supplied by both the profile and the veri.

I see nothing wrong with it personally but I don’t say oh I see you met so and so that’s why I’m messaging you. I just introduce myself and go from there.

J

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"What’s wrong with meeting people from other verifications

It’s shows there are potentials for inviting them to parties should they have good connections surely

I think it’s quite nice"

By *ffanotdykeCouple  over a year ago

Telford

We have recently met up with two couples who from their verifications were the hottest thing this side of the Sahara. When we actually met we wondered were these the same people as described in their profiles. We appreciate that things work differently for different people but we do wonder how many of these profiles are any where near truthful.

Anyone who says they are telling the truth is almost certainly telling lies.

G&A

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

I'm not sure on this one.

Objectively I can see the sense in it - if we've met and enjoyed ourselves then chances are we've similar tastes, so you'd also get on with other people I've met and enjoyed myself with.

If you find verifications reassuring then verifications from people you know and trust must count for more than those of strangers.

I'd still feel slightly awkward if I found out someone was meeting me just because I'd met someone else and they were working their way through that third person's verifications.

I'd be convinced that at some point I'd end up answering questions about the meet with the other verified person (did they do XYZ with you because they did with me? etc).

It has the potential to feel a little awkward depending on motivations and how it was handled I think.

Its sounds a really crass thing to do tbh

By *r TriomanMan  over a year ago

Chippenham Malmesbury area

I'm more than happy for people to do this with me. I think my verifications put me in a good light and that they serve as a reliable endorsement of me.

I've not done this myself though but in principle, I wouldn't rule it out.

Personally op no.

If someone tells another I'm nice to meet and they message me that's fine.

Good luck

By *rgyll_LadMan  over a year ago

Around

Just because someone has played with you, doesn't mean thier previous meets would have any interest in you because of the association.

And that would certainly be a bit "stalkerish" ...

Redhill

"Its sounds a really crass thing to do tbh "

Agreed... the more I think about it the more cheap and crass it seems to me...

Need to get back fo work so I don’t keep thinking haha... but ut’s good to know I am not the only one with that line of thought!

I wouldn't see any harm with contacting them, its no different to messaging anyone out of they blue but I wouldn't use the mutual connection as a conversation starter

By *drianukMan  over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

It's happened to me and I think it's fine

By *evil in the DomMan  over a year ago

London

I have people contacting me because of a verification review yes, but not because we've both seen the same person.... I see the logic but wouldn't point it out during conversation. Like others have said; they can see yours, you can see theirs... Doesn't take a genius to work out you've also both seen another fab member.

By *Ci LutherMan  over a year ago

Taunton

Always nice to receive a message on the back of a verification, also have been approached via forums posts

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

No it has never occurred to me to contact anyone because of veris. I prefer to find people myself without going through people's veris .

I actually find it slightly strange that people do .I've had someone look through my veris and contact people off them before.

By *ungBlackTopMan  over a year ago

salford

On the reverse too many verifications definitely puts me off. Unsure why that is given this is a sex site but it just scares me a bit.

By *icence_2_Thrill_006.9Man  over a year ago

Sussex Bi The Sea

"What’s wrong with meeting people from other verifications

I think it’s quite nice"

I’ve had peoples contact me as they have seen my verification of someone and I’ve done the same

"We have recently met up with two couples who from their verifications were the hottest thing this side of the Sahara. When we actually met we wondered were these the same people as described in their profiles. We appreciate that things work differently for different people but we do wonder how many of these profiles are any where near truthful.

Anyone who says they are telling the truth is almost certainly telling lies.

G&A"

This is why I hate verifications,they just make me cringe. Especially when people write several veris for one profile, gushing over their fabulousness and all the little "private jokes".

If folk have a few Veris suggesting they are nice etc it can help . Tend to rather see a trend of nice comments etc

By *inkyeroticaCouple  over a year ago

Ampthill

Depends on how you view things...

One argument says it's a bit like stalking, another one says it's just networking. There are pros and cons for each. The swinging community isn't so big that you won't bump into people.

By *lamorousBeautyLondonWoman  over a year ago

London

"Its sounds a really crass thing to do tbh

Agreed... the more I think about it the more cheap and crass it seems to me...

Need to get back fo work so I don’t keep thinking haha... but ut’s good to know I am not the only one with that line of thought! "

I get the odd feeling about it although from the point of view of safety it makes sense - if you met a person and felt safe with them then the hope is that whoever they verified would also be safe.

Also depends on verifications as well. I sometimes wonder if the intimate details are necessary to be so very public, for example I am not interested in reading verifications for the purpose of evaluating someone like they are a product but primarily to establish if they are real and safe.

Cannot say that verifications are so very reliable though - the latest person who stood me up (just didn't show up after agreeing on all the details of location, date and time, put the put down when I called to find out if he was late or lost) was verified by someone I actually know

"We've had people contact us suggesting we meet them because they notice from verifications that we've met someone they've also met. That's partly why our verifications are hidden.

I can't articulate why but it just seems poor form. "

I like to read reviews on restaurants/hotels maybe even goods I buy but this seems a different level and completely agree

We were once chatting to a guy, organising a meet to find out he was chatting to a friend couple of ours, who he found from our veri's. Some may think this is acceptable as it's swinging and we're not exclusive. However part of me (male half) thinks this is unacceptable. The Mrs didn't really mind. After all, sharing is caring

» Add a new message to this topic