FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Begging to meet !!

Begging to meet !!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Pork and I have been chatting to a couple for quite awhile now, and it was going great until last night. She was texting Pork and kept saying " I am really looking forward to meeting you" and again this happened. He told her to go with the flow as she was on about her nerves. All of a sudden she texted saying " what is that all about and i think we had better leave it".and told Pork that he was taking the piss. Needless to say that he is upset and now they have been blocked and the fun is a NO-NO.

This morning i have had constant texts asking me to Change Pork's mind and that again they are looking forward to meeting us !!

To me this is begging for a meet and i have not had this before..... Yes i was looking forward to it but if the main man is pissed off with them what can i do about it.

I know that you can block, but i can't seem to block numbers on my phone and it's getting me down this morning!!

Has this happened to any of you Fab friends?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

your contact sounds irrational, and it is good you have found this out now.

I recommend you buy a 2nd phone just for swinging.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

yes it has. We were talking to a couple and it became clear that the lady's heart wasn't in it and she was just going along with her husband. It was me (f) who said that it wasn't right and we should leave it. Cue messages from the husband practically begging us to reconsider....we didn't because the dynamic was clearly wrong between the two of them. The last message we had from them was a really abusive one from her

Hiya guys,

Thats a bit of an awkward one. You might just have to be bold and tell them firmly that neither of you are fans of the high pressure approach and thats what you felt like they were giving you and it turned Pork off.

Tbh, once hats happened, its really tough to turn it back on again so the moments kind of passed now.

As difficult as it is, the only way to stop the text messages is to ignore them until they get the hint as I'm not sure how you block numbers, I think its specific to each individual service provider.

Its happened to me before (unbelievably!) and that was the only way, let them blow themselves out and eventually they'll get the hint.

By *xodussxMan  over a year ago

sheffield

Am sure someone has been smooking too much...Trust your instinct and dont meet them...simple...Or just have a social meet around a drink in a bar and see how it goes

I think you can block numbers if you phone up your mobile provider!! the internet is a strange one! because you can chat and chat to people online feel like you know them inside out!! but when it comes to meeting them face to face it can be a differnet experience!! we rely so much on our instincts and trust with people, i'm not saying everyones a nutter on fabs!! but we just don't know what to expect when you do meet! i'm lucky i've only ever really met nice genuine people, but maybe they think im a frigging nutter!!

Not from here

I have been mithered before though by people who were a 'bit too interested' so I don't give my mobile out to anyone who hasn't already got my trust.

There are only 2 people who have my mobile number on here ....

.... and 1 of them only uses it to send me crap jokes, don't ya Pet ?

You can download an app called call blocker and add unwanted numbers ..

If your on contract you can block numbers through your network provider

Your right to take your time & get a feel for people (or not in this case)

Pressure puts most off....yes agree to met them but socially & see have you feel about them after.

Thanks for all your input everyone. The reason I put my foot down on this one was that both Perky and I have been chatting to this couple (well, the fem tbh...) for weeks putting her at ease and offering little bits of help and 'advice' on where she has been going wrong. And after all that, I get accused of taking the piss out of them just by saying (in answer to the statement 'We're really excited about Saturday') that I knew they were [excited]. Felt like we'd been kicked in the teeth and enough was enough.

Swinging just don't go 'swingingly' sometimes.....

you've probably had a lucky escape to be honest...if they are that needy now before you've even met let alone had shenanigans imagine what they could be like during or afterwards...

"you've probably had a lucky escape to be honest...if they are that needy now before you've even met let alone had shenanigans imagine what they could be like during or afterwards..."

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

"Not from here

I have been mithered before though by people who were a 'bit too interested' so I don't give my mobile out to anyone who hasn't already got my trust.

There are only 2 people who have my mobile number on here ....

.... and 1 of them only uses it to send me crap jokes, don't ya Pet ? "

Well I don;t get any back and you're always too busy on here to chat. I hav vays of finding you

a man i met a couple of times kept calling me even though i said i didnt want to see him anymore.

after a couple of weeks or so, i hadnt heard from him and would think he had lost interest and got the message.

then he would text me again.

i keep my mobile downstairs when i go to bed so it doesnt bother me if he or anyone else calls me at night.

you just have to hope they get bored with it after a while.

maybe she was embarased because of what she said to you about you taking the piss, its ok if she said sorry she didnt mean it, but your entitled to change your mind about seeing them.

just say sorry, but have changed my mind.

I think misinterpretations of what others say over text messages and dare I say it even these words on this forum are rife.

...but that doesn't justify someone playing some form of game by latching onto something that's said and snatching back the offer to see if you really want it. That's just silly.

So I think porks probably justified in his handling of things. And I wouldn't unblock an indivual after that step is taken. I might have a block amnesty after a while though and let the lesser offenders back out again

Having realised their mistake, I'm sure they're keen to actually get things back on track, but really the only one who can decide on that ultimately is you two, and I'd go with your instincts - cos they're usually right

Wolf

just ignore the text they will go away we had same problam with a couple in the end we reported them to admin they banned them

[Removed by poster at 17/08/12 15:20:12]

"you've probably had a lucky escape to be honest...if they are that needy now before you've even met let alone had shenanigans imagine what they could be like during or afterwards...

That's why Pork texted me and said "I do want them in my flat knowing where i live " This couple have always had problems getting meets, now we know why !!!

I just didn't want us coming over as time wasters because we are not, ever since we have joined Fabs late may, we have had a meet every other weekend and enjoyed all..... "

THAT SHOULD SAY " DO NOT WANT THEM IN MY FLAT..... OOPS lol

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

[Removed by poster at 17/08/12 15:26:19]

Why on earth would you use your personal number for something like this haven't you heard of google

I always try and keep this very discreet and this means using a different number

"Why on earth would you use your personal number for something like this haven't you heard of google

I always try and keep this very discreet and this means using a different number "

We do have another phone but as we don't live together Pork has that as he does all the admin, but yes you are right i will get another phone as it will be extremely hard to change my number. I KNOW it's a hard lesson learn't but i don't even let my children beg or constantly whine for anything so a grown woman should know how to conduct herself especially on a site like this !!!

» Add a new message to this topic