FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > How long is too long?

How long is too long?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I need to some major work on my profile and have had some very helpful advice (thanks Pork) but just wondering, how long is too long for a profile, in your opinion?

I want to give enough info but also make it easy to read and not be too long to bother with. So how long is too long?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

"I need to some major work on my profile and have had some very helpful advice (thanks Pork) but just wondering, how long is too long for a profile, in your opinion?

I want to give enough info but also make it easy to read and not be too long to bother with. So how long is too long?"

Being a bloke I obviously have no clue about profiles but in my opinion you are pushing the max length. Anything longer and I would give up reading unless I was rolling around laughing. Saying that though, its yours, do whatever you like with it.

By *priteyMan  over a year ago

Hitchin

I would say your profile is just right ,it says everything of which you are wanting from someone you meet ,and who youre attracted to generally .

"I need to some major work on my profile and have had some very helpful advice (thanks Pork) but just wondering, how long is too long for a profile, in your opinion?

I want to give enough info but also make it easy to read and not be too long to bother with. So how long is too long?

Being a bloke I obviously have no clue about profiles but in my opinion you are pushing the max length. Anything longer and I would give up reading unless I was rolling around laughing. Saying that though, its yours, do whatever you like with it."

Nah it's not usually til they meet me that they fall about laughing...

In Your Bush

Being a bloke I obviously have no clue about profiles but in my opinion you are pushing the max length. Anything longer and I would give up reading unless I was rolling around laughing. Saying that though, its yours, do whatever you like with it.

Nah it's not usually til they meet me that they fall about laughing..."

Have you got a stand up routine?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Being a bloke I obviously have no clue about profiles but in my opinion you are pushing the max length. Anything longer and I would give up reading unless I was rolling around laughing. Saying that though, its yours, do whatever you like with it."

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

I think 6.5 inches is perfect

Nah it's not usually til they meet me that they fall about laughing...

Have you got a stand up routine?"

It's more a laying down and bent over the furniture routine, if I get my way

Had a quick look, personally I thought it was way too long but hey it's up to you. I changed ours to bullet points so that it's easy to read but also says what we are looking (and not looking) for

When it comes to length of profiles, I'm saying nothing!!

Its your profile and you can say as much or as little on it as you please. Think of it as your own corner of the Swingerverse.

Some on here complain that no one reads them anyway!

"Had a quick look, personally I thought it was way too long but hey it's up to you. I changed ours to bullet points so that it's easy to read but also says what we are looking (and not looking) for"

It's up to me yes, but I'm not part of my own target audience, so the opinions of others are welcome. I'm on my phone atm so can't do much editing. However, next time I get a chance to sit down with a computer, I'll do some work on it and the views of everyone here will help.

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

I thought this thread was in the lounge been looking for it.....right i would say it doesnt really matter as long as you are happy with the contents x

By *eavy Metal BallzMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

"Had a quick look, personally I thought it was way too long but hey it's up to you. I changed ours to bullet points so that it's easy to read but also says what we are looking (and not looking) for

It's up to me yes, but I'm not part of my own target audience, so the opinions of others are welcome. I'm on my phone atm so can't do much editing. However, next time I get a chance to sit down with a computer, I'll do some work on it and the views of everyone here will help."

I think a profile should be like a skirt, long enough to cover everything, but short enough to keep everybody interested

In Your Bush

"Had a quick look, personally I thought it was way too long but hey it's up to you. I changed ours to bullet points so that it's easy to read but also says what we are looking (and not looking) for

It's up to me yes, but I'm not part of my own target audience, so the opinions of others are welcome. I'm on my phone atm so can't do much editing. However, next time I get a chance to sit down with a computer, I'll do some work on it and the views of everyone here will help.

I think a profile should be like a skirt, long enough to cover everything, but short enough to keep everybody interested "

Just enough to cover minge base you mean

"I thought this thread was in the lounge been looking for it.....right i would say it doesnt really matter as long as you are happy with the contents x"

I often don't know where I am!

It's evolved a lot and is getting there but needs more work yet, I think.

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

Some say mine is too long, but I need to cover a few bases, so I don't really care lol

It very rarely gets read anyway

Seriously ur a woman ur profile could list the alphabet and u would still get messages saying u have a fab profile and would live to get to know I more!!!!!

But seriously I read it all and it seems fine!

As to allergy to cigarette smoke? Really? Never heard of that before! Even if it is minging lol

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Its your profile, so write whatever you like on it, for those that read profiles you will have given them something informative to read. For those that dont read profiles, imagine how quick the shag will be if they cant take a couple of minutes to read a profile

"As to allergy to cigarette smoke? Really? Never heard of that before! Even if it is minging lol "

Yes, I'm asthmatic with a particular sensitivity to tobacco smoke. Even being close to someone smelling of smoke can trigger an asthma attack.

Looks fine to me! Clear and detailed. And you'll be able to spot who doesn't read it when all the Alsatian owning chain smokers start messaging!

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I think it's a reasonable profile length, and a very, very good profile. Doesn't take long to read, and any prospective partners who could be bothered to pay attention to the details are probably not going to be attentive enough as partners, so if the length s any of them out, all the better. Good luck!

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I like your profile. It is long (although mine is longer), but it states clearly what you are and are not interested in, without you coming across as being hard work. I've seen a few profiles, where you come away with the opinion that they are that exacting, they won't meet anyone. Yours is not like that.

If you were closer and I wished to meet you, I would find it very helpful.

Tina

"Looks fine to me! Clear and detailed. And you'll be able to spot who doesn't read it when all the Alsatian owning chain smokers start messaging! "

Start messaging? I've had smokers messaging since the day I unhid my profile! Nobody's mentioned whether they have pets yet though.

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

Most blokes get bored after two lines.. they only able to read pictures !

"Most blokes get bored after two lines.. they only able to read pictures ! "

My photos are in braille, just to be sure!

"As to allergy to cigarette smoke? Really? Never heard of that before! Even if it is minging lol

Yes, I'm asthmatic with a particular sensitivity to tobacco smoke. Even being close to someone smelling of smoke can trigger an asthma attack."

Ah right that makes sence x

By *ardybumsCouple  over a year ago

peekin under duvet is it safe?

im a chain smoking dwarf that runs a kennel

fancy a meet ?

As long as I feel like it.

"im a chain smoking dwarf that runs a kennel

fancy a meet ?"

Lol

We started reading your profile, got about a third the way through and got bored.not being funny just honest.x

"We started reading your profile, got about a third the way through and got bored.not being funny just honest.x"

That's fair enough. I'm not going to appeal to everyone, or even most people.

I'm fairly specific in what I am looking for so I'd rather be straight about that from the outset. Sure I'll still get people who haven't read the profile messaging, but if I am busy and can't reply, I feel less bad about it when they're not what I've said I am looking for.

By *riskygazMan  over a year ago

birmingham

Look at it and think to your self would i take the time to read all that ??

I want to give enough info but also make it easy to read and not be too long to bother with. So how long is too long?"

better late than never ....

Treat your profile like its your shop window - dont be affraid to let the world of FAB know about you and be proud of who you are ok

"Look at it and think to your self would i take the time to read all that ??"

Yes, I would. I read profiles carefully as it saves me wasting my time, or that of anyone else.

"Most blokes get bored after two lines.. they only able to read pictures !

My photos are in braille, just to be sure!"

When its really cold they say A - A

By *kmale421Man  over a year ago

wirral

"im a chain smoking dwarf that runs a kennel

fancy a meet ?"

LMAO, that reply was so funny it made me look at your profile. And to prove I read it, I've never been to Liberty Elite, but if you fancy meeting this single guy at Xtasia, well I'd be interested, mind you I am 3 years over your age limit....

» Add a new message to this topic