FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Is there a difference

Is there a difference

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Between casual/ recreational sex and swinging?

Can Singletons be classed as Swingers?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Not for me no but there is for lots of people.

I don't think it's useful to think of people as swingers and non swingers, it's divisive in my opinion. We're all mostly interested in casual sex it's just that some people require different levels of intimacy and connection.

By *ecretlivesCouple  over a year ago

FABWatch HQ

Always an intriguing discussion. I think by definition you needed to be in a couple to swing - it was the established relationship in the parties that distinguished it from casual sex. Part of an open living sharing ideology, free from barriers and Age of Aquarius in suburbia.

I think the definition is redundant now in the main as many couples actually want a single for convenience and reduced complication. Without the singles there would be an awful lot less going on. That flow has in turn allowed a whole range of other people to move onto Fab who would otherwise be smaller less effective communities (think of the number of preferences on here!)

"Not for me no but there is for lots of people.

I don't think it's useful to think of people as swingers and non swingers, it's divisive in my opinion. We're all mostly interested in casual sex it's just that some people require different levels of intimacy and connection."

I agree with your assessment and I suppose terminology counts for little but intent is everything.

"Always an intriguing discussion. I think by definition you needed to be in a couple to swing - it was the established relationship in the parties that distinguished it from casual sex. Part of an open living sharing ideology, free from barriers and Age of Aquarius in suburbia.

I think the definition is redundant now in the main as many couples actually want a single for convenience and reduced complication. Without the singles there would be an awful lot less going on. That flow has in turn allowed a whole range of other people to move onto Fab who would otherwise be smaller less effective communities (think of the number of preferences on here!) "

I agree with too!

Singles play a big part in the scene as a fair number of couples seek singles involvement in their play?

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I don't think it's useful to think of people as swingers and non swingers, it's divisive in my opinion. We're all mostly interested in casual sex it's just that some people require different levels of intimacy and connection.

I agree with your assessment and I suppose terminology counts for little but intent is everything."

It is. We seem to be in the minority looking on our encounters as casual or recreational sex rather than anything more but we have honestly never met anybody who views it any differently. I wonder if it's because we were in our 20s in the 70s when casual sex was extremely popular.

I agree with your assessment and I suppose terminology counts for little but intent is everything.

It is. We seem to be in the minority looking on our encounters as casual or recreational sex rather than anything more but we have honestly never met anybody who views it any differently. I wonder if it's because we were in our 20s in the 70s when casual sex was extremely popular."

Yes the 70s were a little bit hedonistic. I suppose swinging in those days was contact mags, car key parties and pampas grass foliage!

» Add a new message to this topic