FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Wink.. wink!

Wink.. wink!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 05/11/20 11:30:30]

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

So, I’m flattered to get the odd ‘wink’ now and again. It’s great to know someone might be interested.

However, I diligently reply to the ‘winker’ and then silence, nothing ... nada!

What’s that all about? Do people wink for the sake of it, which seems fairly pointless.

What would you expect as a winker or winkee?

By *harAndBryCouple  over a year ago

nr Stamford

We use winks as: "we'd quite like to message but want to check to see if you like us first". So if we wink first and the other winks back then we'll message.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"We use winks as: "we'd quite like to message but want to check to see if you like us first". So if we wink first and the other winks back then we'll message."

Same here, that for me make sense.

Maybe someone like profile and using that like a like ?

"We use winks as: "we'd quite like to message but want to check to see if you like us first". So if we wink first and the other winks back then we'll message."

That makes sense. And you’d expect a message back right?

Wink away x

"We use winks as: "we'd quite like to message but want to check to see if you like us first". So if we wink first and the other winks back then we'll message.

Maybe someone like profile and using that like a like ? "

Like a FB like? I just wish people would reply to a message after a wink. Maybe I’m overthinking it!!!

By *moothdickMan  over a year ago

stoke

Get very few winks and then get told not our type lol

"We use winks as: "we'd quite like to message but want to check to see if you like us first". So if we wink first and the other winks back then we'll message.

Like a FB like? I just wish people would reply to a message after a wink. Maybe I’m overthinking it!!! "

I think the general rule here is ‘expect nothing’.

I had someone send me a friend request yesterday; a well-established couple on here who post pics regularly and for whom I’m a match on preferences.

Sent them a message acknowledging their request and it was deleted without being read.

Standard Fab.

Umm, I used to wink. The idea being a ‘Hi, would you like to chat?’. Never heard anything back from them though. I think it is seen as being lazy like a PM that is just Hi or a one liner. What I do see these days is if I get one it is basically a fake profile advertising a website in the status, a fab phishing attack if you will. Sadly I think winks are a nice idea but not much use.

Like a FB like? I just wish people would reply to a message after a wink. Maybe I’m overthinking it!!!

I had someone send me a friend request yesterday; a well-established couple on here who post pics regularly and for whom I’m a match on preferences.

Sent them a message acknowledging their request and it was deleted without being read.

Standard Fab."

Which is just plain rude don’t you think? But as you say. Standard fab!!

By *Xtriple7Couple  over a year ago

Interesting to hear about a return wink being the cue to message. We'd taken the view that if you like a winker then just message right off the bat.

Same with messaging, get a reply then nothing for ages, message unread. Must be busy or not bothered

"Umm, I used to wink. The idea being a ‘Hi, would you like to chat?’. Never heard anything back from them though. I think it is seen as being lazy like a PM that is just Hi or a one liner. What I do see these days is if I get one it is basically a fake profile advertising a website in the status, a fab phishing attack if you will. Sadly I think winks are a nice idea but not much use."

But, if someone winked you.... you’d reply wouldn’t you? And then expect a reply back from the winker. Just seems good manners to me. If you don’t want to chat, don’t wink!

"Umm, I used to wink. The idea being a ‘Hi, would you like to chat?’. Never heard anything back from them though. I think it is seen as being lazy like a PM that is just Hi or a one liner. What I do see these days is if I get one it is basically a fake profile advertising a website in the status, a fab phishing attack if you will. Sadly I think winks are a nice idea but not much use.

But, if someone winked you.... you’d reply wouldn’t you? And then expect a reply back from the winker. Just seems good manners to me. If you don’t want to chat, don’t wink! "

You would think so, but it maybe the original winker is just ‘carpet bombing’ the search function with winks and is just playing the numbers game. When I started I used the chat function, General is a good one. You don’t get the ‘fab hits’ you get on the forum, but you get to meet a friendly bunch in there and talk in real time. I would think about using that rather than worry about winks

By *unlovinguy_68Man  over a year ago

nottingham

I do use it as more of a tester

It’s not that I can’t be bothered to type a nice individual message but some ladies/couples must get bombarded with them and just rip through them.

I don’t want to waste their time as well as I do my own.

But like everything, you only get out what you put in

Standard Fab.

Which is just plain rude don’t you think? But as you say. Standard fab!! "

Just normal differences in personality, I suspect.

They may have had a hundred messages and bulk deleted the lot. Not receiving contact from someone they’d reached out to might not be a problem for them.

If it were me, I’d have looked for anyone I’d purposely approached before deleting the unrequested stuff. But that’s me, not them.

By *ear in the chairMan  over a year ago

Godstone

Wink from our couples profile as a tentative 'might we be your type'.

But from my singles profile, it's pretty damn pointless and unless your profile pic is an Adonis you should just message and take the time.

I get winks but then when I respond whether it be a returned wink or message 90% the time you don't get a response. Dont understand it myself but then again things on here are never straightforward

By *aramel papiMan  over a year ago

Bradford

[Removed by poster at 05/11/20 16:30:46]

i've had 2 winks lately then go message them then they block before i look at profile or send a message

"i've had 2 winks lately then go message them then they block before i look at profile or send a message "

Just plain odd if you ask me!

By *orbidden eastMan  over a year ago

london dodging electric scooters

I wink because I think it’s a good opener and I hope I get to get a wink back

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I gave up trying to fathom how some peoples brains work a long time ago.

To me winks are saying that they are interested but aren't sure you would be.

Yes, you would expect a message sent in response to a wink would get a response but it doesn't always.

By *orfolkmark70Man  over a year ago

Suffolk/Norfolk

That's the perfect use of winks, I wish everyone would do this

By *ubyRonCouple  over a year ago

Lancashire

Really like the wink feature. Often wink back and get chatting soon after

By *ustfun009Man  over a year ago

oxford

I always send a message after i have received a wink i never seem to get any myself though

By *ull swap adult funCouple  over a year ago

Tolworth

if we send a wink looking to meet and play. If we wink back to a wink means very much yes please lets meet and have fun

By *arah_tv999TV/TS  over a year ago

Oxford

I wink to indicate that there is something of interest in the recipients profile. Or even if the profile is very short that I want to know more.

If they reply, then its time to be a little more forthcoming in my message.

If we are winked at and there's any sort of attraction, we wink back. It's then in the court of the other person to respond with a message. The opposite is also true. If we wink first and get winked back then we respond with a message and take it from there. A lot of the time it just fizzles out. But we have made a few good friends on here now

» Add a new message to this topic