FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Quality gone down

Quality gone down

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iclassy OP   Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

Is it a sign of the times we are going through or is it just us thinking this.There now seems to be more single guys on here with little or no experience. Has fab changed now too what it was say 18 months or 2 years ago.Then there seemed to be a majority of couples with a good selection of verifications...

Would mandatory site fees stop this influx of timewasters ?

Does anybody else have similar views?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We haven't been on ages but I noticed something changed after the site and the UK swinging scene was on a C4/5 documentary not long ago.

By *nliveneTV/TS  over a year ago

Selby

I also have good verifications

"Is it a sign of the times we are going through or is it just us thinking this.There now seems to be more single guys on here with little or no experience. Has fab changed now too what it was say 18 months or 2 years ago.Then there seemed to be a majority of couples with a good selection of verifications...

Does anybody else have similar views?"

Tried the same question about 4 days ago and got the thread closed ....good luck xx

By *ersnickety PantsWoman  over a year ago

Club Meets Only

"We haven't been on ages but I noticed something changed after the site and the UK swinging scene was on a C4/5 documentary not long ago."

if they didn't think it was like instashag then they sure do now!

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Are you saying that people with no experience are time wasters?

"Is it a sign of the times we are going through or is it just us thinking this.There now seems to be more single guys on here with little or no experience. Has fab changed now too what it was say 18 months or 2 years ago.Then there seemed to be a majority of couples with a good selection of verifications...

Are you looking for meets?

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Fab is a free to join site. You can enable your message filters to stop single men or non site supporters from contacting you or actively avoid profiles without the site supporter icon. The site would work how you want it to then.

By *iss LovelyWoman  over a year ago

Here and There

I think the quality might be down lately as a lot of people aren’t bothering with Fab because it’s illegal to meet intimately, so a lot think there’s no point with Fab until that happens. Probably the genuine couples are busy amusing each other and getting on with their lives.

There are also a lot more lonely people out there getting little social contact, so they’re reaching out in different places. So the balance is off at the moment.

I use to be on another site years ago that charged £70 a year before extras.

It did not stop timewasters.

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Mandatory fees would also put off a lot of genuine people who want to see what the site is before they decide to stay.

And what you may decide isn't what you are looking for does not mean that everyone else will pass them by either. Everyone has different tastes.

By *osweet69Couple  over a year ago

portsmouth

We have been on the site for a number of years and the site has changed and not for the better. The site has now become full of armchair swingers and fake profilers.

Manchester

"I think the quality might be down lately as a lot of people aren’t bothering with Fab because it’s illegal to meet intimately, so a lot think there’s no point with Fab until that happens. Probably the genuine couples are busy amusing each other and getting on with their lives.

There are also a lot more lonely people out there getting little social contact, so they’re reaching out in different places. So the balance is off at the moment. "

Yes your probably right.

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

I've been on here for over three years. Can't say I've noticed a huge change apart from the fact we've been going through a pandemic and lockdown for the last 9 months...

Yes it's should be mandatory to be a paying site member, we have come across loads who run several fake accounts that verify each other.

If you not been photo verified should be a must along with no meets after a year, account closed.

Nothing is a silver bullet but something by to improve the site and out those that you can spot as fakes a mile off would at least be welcome by most.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

The site itself is just a medium for the people within it. No one group can say how it should be or who should become a member. The best way to use it is to seek out the people you feel you're compatible with and disregard those with who you're not.

Manchester

Don't get me wrong a site needs a good variety of people .We have noticed the vast amount of single profiles joined within a few week period .Agree that once swingers documentarys are shown on tv then floodgates open

Belfast

I'm on and off almost 4 years and it's no different than it ever was.

Everyone was a newbie at some stage but those joining now are not able to get meet verified so they are at a disadvantage.

There are also lots of members still dining off years old veris with no recent ones.

Manchester

"Yes it's should be mandatory to be a paying site member, we have come across loads who run several fake accounts that verify each other.

If you not been photo verified should be a must along with no meets after a year, account closed.??

Nothing is a silver bullet but something by to improve the site and out those that you can spot as fakes a mile off would at least be welcome by most."

No

By *oodnitegirlWoman  over a year ago

Yorkshire

I think it’s deffo changed over the years. Def more trolls and sore ‘losers’ when they are politely turned down

Club Meets Only

"Yes it's should be mandatory to be a paying site member, we have come across loads who run several fake accounts that verify each other.

If you not been photo verified should be a must along with no meets after a year, account closed.

Nothing is a silver bullet but something by to improve the site and out those that you can spot as fakes a mile off would at least be welcome by most."

I'm glad it isn't mandatory or I would never have joined & discovered the wonderful world of swingers clubs & met some of the amazing folk I have.

I do agree with the no meets after a year should lead to removal of the account, there are so many of those!

Belfast

Nothing is a silver bullet but something by to improve the site and out those that you can spot as fakes a mile off would at least be welcome by most.

I'm glad it isn't mandatory or I would never have joined & discovered the wonderful world of swingers clubs & met some of the amazing folk I have.

I do agree with the no meets after a year should lead to removal of the account, there are so many of those! "

You would of course have to extend that beyond this year.

The standards have deffiently gone down hill finding females I'm atracted to had become a lot more challenging

By *akingHayCouple  over a year ago

Mayfield

I've been involved in swinging online since alt.personals and ever it was thus. Someone always comes along and says the quality has dropped and blames it on X or y. You develop your little circle, then that gets disrupted by the natural churn of life and suddenly everyone's a HNG. You move to a different platform, develop a new group and it happens all over again. It's just the wheel turning.

By *akingHayCouple  over a year ago

Mayfield

Oh, and then some old fart like me comes along and posts something about how it always happens!

By *Xtriple7Couple  over a year ago

We've found it's got worse. Too many time wasters and armchair fantasist using old gf photos to pretend to be a couple.

Shame really as it ruins it for the genuine people.

By *ensual 2Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

Agree. the worlds full of time wasters

Club Meets Only

I do agree with the no meets after a year should lead to removal of the account, there are so many of those!

You would of course have to extend that beyond this year. "

Yes I suppose so

By *ollycouple71Couple  over a year ago

manchester

"We have been on the site for a number of years and the site has changed and not for the better. The site has now become full of armchair swingers and fake profilers. "

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

well having had a profile on here for 14 years we would say its changed massively and for the worse. Deleting profiles that have not had a meet for a year as we miss years sometimes on here due to work would mean us loosing out all the time(we do put on our profile we are not meeting when not around) we also use other sites so might find folks on them and not on here. Personally would say a stricter verification system would cure a lot of the problems however that would mean less cash for the owners so its never going to happen.

We haven't had a play meet from this site for about two years.

We prefer clubs as it's so much less time consuming.

We use the site now for the forums and the club section to see what's on when the clubs are open.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Yes. Mandatory site fees. Absolutely. I think they should be extortionately high.

Everyone knows that the richer someone is then the funnier, sexier and safer they are.

Bill me hard !

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

Idiots have credit cards

Some people can feel entitled, the more they pay

I think this site should stay free

By *lan157Man  over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

I think I it very likely that the ratio of men to women and couples is constantly increasing with spikes when swinging is given an airing on TV . However the unintended consequence is that single women get bombarded with messages from the second they join and the quality of messages is often poor or at worse positively nasty when no replies are received or the reply is not as desired. This must be very concerning for a new woman such they they could then decide it's not for them thus making the situation worse . Is this conjecture accurate?

By *evaquitCouple  over a year ago

Catthorpe

Know why you mean, op, seek out the types you're after, it just takes a bit longer now.

» Add a new message to this topic