FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Are single guys swingers??

Are single guys swingers??

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *akrox23 OP   Couple  over a year ago

notts

Question?

How can a single guy be a “swinger” surely he is just a player / shagger call it what you want?

I understand they have a place in the lifestyle some couples in relationships have certain fantasies of course I just don’t see them as swingers. I am probably overthinking it. Lol!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ickeyandmouseCouple  over a year ago

nr Alicante

"Question?

How can a single guy be a “swinger” surely he is just a player / shagger call it what you want?

I understand they have a place in the lifestyle some couples in relationships have certain fantasies of course I just don’t see them as swingers. I am probably overthinking it. Lol!"

Agree

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm just a shagger

notts

"Question?

I understand they have a place in the lifestyle some couples in relationships have certain fantasies of course I just don’t see them as swingers. I am probably overthinking it. Lol!

Agree"

what that I am overthink it lol!!

[Removed by poster at 27/10/20 07:45:50]

The same would apply to single women, too, wouldn’t it?

I think someone is probably best described as a swinger when they favour the idea of having multiple partners/FBs/one offs rather than finding that special someone, regardless of gender. But as with anything, I think there are many interpretations of the label.

I guess that makes me a player/shagger then.

I think a swinger is someone who prefers multiple partners. So single people can be swingers in my opinion.

I think swinging is more a lifestyle thing so, with all the singles, some are just fuckers and don't really get involved and some are swingers

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

"Question?

I understand they have a place in the lifestyle some couples in relationships have certain fantasies of course I just don’t see them as swingers. I am probably overthinking it. Lol!"

Wifeswappers have always said this, the swingers have a much more welcoming attitude.

[Removed by poster at 27/10/20 08:05:11]

"Question?

If you have to use the term swinger to cover

Your lack of monogamy fine dont bring single males into it .

"Question?

If you have to use the term swinger to cover

Your lack of monogamy fine dont bring single males into it .

"

I'm not sure it applies to singles as surely that's just frequent casual sex? I think there needs to be a relationship component too, so swapping couples, hotwives, hotgirlfriends, stag and vixen, cuckold, etc. Or those in poly relationships. But not cheaters. Xx

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Labels and label police...

Can Real swingers only do real swinging... What happens if they slip up and just fancy a quick fuck? Is that somehow different to anyone else's quick fuck...? Mind blown...

Meantime.... The little general is saluting and awake.

By *ocoTemptationMan  over a year ago

london

Depends on the mindset. I have been on here as part of a swinging couple. As a general rule if we got the vibe that the guys we met would be open to swinging as a couple if not single it worked in their favour.

If we got the vibe that they'd NEVER do this if they had a partner we gave them a wide berth.

I think people should be able to describe themselves how they see themselves.

If a single male/female plays only with other males/females I doubt they see themselves as swingers.

If a single male/female gets involved in socials, parties, group sex, gangbangs etc then I don't see why they can't call themselves swingers.

At the end of the day having fun is far more important than how people see you in the scene.

By *xtrafun4youMan  over a year ago

Dunstable

"I'm just a shagger "
mmm sounds nice.

By *assion and MoreCouple  over a year ago

Here and There, Monaghan

I thought that swinging involved sharing your partner sexually with other couples. It's the swapping that is essentially swinging. So from that perspective single people arnt technically swingers.

By *renzMan  over a year ago

Between Chichester and Havant

I think it depends on their attitude. If they are only looking to play with single women/men, then no they aren't swingers. If they are happy playing with couples, straight or bi, understand the dynamics, that they are there as an extra, an enhancement then I would suggest they could be called a swinger.

Think I prefer either reguler pleasure giver or walking sex toy for hire... player sounds so cynical

By *ounty durham bbw coupleCouple  over a year ago

darlington

Some single men definitely ate swingers understand the scene perfectly understand boundaries some are just chancers looking for a legover

"Think I prefer either reguler pleasure giver or walking sex toy for hire... player sounds so cynical "

*regular

I agree surely a swinger is based on the lifestyle not relatiinship status...

Why does it matter so much?

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

I think we can get too wrapped up in labels. If we're going to say swingers are only couples that swap then surely we'd either have to change the site name to Fab sex people or ban all but couples looking to swap with couples? Either outcomes IMO are ridiculous. Language changes over time. Yes maybe to be true to the original origin of the word it should be only swapping couples but thats not what it means to me. As others have said its a lifestyle choice and how you participate rather than rigid couples activity.

By *oneyBear100Couple  over a year ago

Gatwick area

For us it's more an attitude of 'what's yours is mine' combined with 'what's mine is mine' makes someone single just a shagger. But that's just an opinion.

It’s just a descriptive label.

Me,

naturist, swinger, bisexual, now have more then now, shagger, player, etc etc.

Just chill and have fun with the labels you want to.

"Some single men definitely ate swingers understand the scene perfectly understand boundaries some are just chancers looking for a legover "

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"I thought that swinging involved sharing your partner sexually with other couples. It's the swapping that is essentially swinging. So from that perspective single people arnt technically swingers. "
So couples who only meet singles are not swingers either?

There’s lots of singles male and female who have been in the scene a long time, who go to events parties clubs etc so if a swinging couple breaks up and returns as singles they aren’t swingers? Of course they are, there does seem to be a lot of singles on here who have had no joy on dating apps who come here for a bit of fun and maybe more

Tin town

Oh come now. You'd think the way some people write that swingers are blessed with some kind of additional gene, some higher understanding.

Is it not all about connections and relationships and human interactions.

I'm interested in understanding if people think its genuinely a lifestyle choice or if its simply a pleasure and leisure activity like a round of golf or seeing a movie...

What shall we do tonight..? Fancy a beer and meeting up with a lovely couple and see what unfolds.? No? Let's go to the gym instead.

its Friday night... Its compulsory we meet strangers and fuck them.

Tin town

"Why does it matter so much? "

I'm not sure that many people care too much, but there are some that seem to care a bit more about who is a "real swinger" and doing "real swinging"...

Lots just want to enjoy the journey.

"Oh come now. You'd think the way some people write that swingers are blessed with some kind of additional gene, some higher understanding.

Is it not all about connections and relationships and human interactions.

I'm interested in understanding if people think its genuinely a lifestyle choice or if its simply a pleasure and leisure activity like a round of golf or seeing a movie...

What shall we do tonight..? Fancy a beer and meeting up with a lovely couple and see what unfolds.? No? Let's go to the gym instead.

its Friday night... Its compulsory we meet strangers and fuck them.

"

The Swinger Elite

The types whose world caved in when they can't fuck strangers anymore

The “swinging” 60’s was all about free love whether single or in a relationship so it wasn’t about ‘status’, just about free love. Swinging can be for many not the few!

Here and There, Monaghan

"The “swinging” 60’s was all about free love whether single or in a relationship so it wasn’t about ‘status’, just about free love. Swinging can be for many not the few!"

The swinging 60s was about freedom from all forms of precieved oppression and social norms, free love was just one expression. Lots of people embraced the swinging 60s that didn't engage in free love.

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Question?

Agree"

Disagree.

Among many other definitions (including Glen Miller fans ) the Oxford dictionary defines a swinger as "a person who engages in group sex or the swapping of sexual partners"

So while a single guy may not be able to swap partners he can certainly engage in group sex.

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Why does it matter so much?

I'm not sure that many people care too much, but there are some that seem to care a bit more about who is a "real swinger" and doing "real swinging"...

Lots just want to enjoy the journey. "

Yep

Here and There, Monaghan

"I thought that swinging involved sharing your partner sexually with other couples. It's the swapping that is essentially swinging. So from that perspective single people arnt technically swingers. So couples who only meet singles are not swingers either? "

Yes, that would be right. Lots of people outside if fab have lots of sex in different situations. I have had 3somes in my younger single days, wouldn't have seen it as swinging.

Just look up any dictionary definition of swinging and most include swapping spouses, which in my mind is swinging at it's core.

By *exfunmaleMan  over a year ago

cardiff

"I'm just a shagger "

Shaggeress ?

Great comment and stance !!

"Question?

Wifeswappers have always said this, the swingers have a much more welcoming attitude."

That's a very interesting point Bobbitupper (Hope you're keeping well btw ) Swinging is a lifestyle for singles and couples. Wife swapping is a totally different thing. All those couples that don't think it's for single males or females.We have known people split up from a couple and still swing as a single. Both the males and the females. We both were singles on fab before we got together so don't see it as any different in our humble opinion.

"I'm just a shagger

Shaggeress ?

Great comment and stance !!"

That's me then. Shaggeress

By *exfunmaleMan  over a year ago

cardiff

"I'm just a shagger

Shaggeress ?

That's me then. Shaggeress "

and a very fine looking one you are !! X

I was a swinger with my ex-wife and enjoyed many years of clubs and parties. Now I am single but my mentality hasn't changed, so in my eyes I'm still a swinger. Its a mentality and lifestyle and part of that is accepting others will have different views and beliefs, so to some I'm not a swinger.

"I'm just a shagger

Shaggeress ?

That's me then. Shaggeress

and a very fine looking one you are !! X"

Bless you

By *irty PrettyWoman  over a year ago

Cardiff

"The same would apply to single women, too, wouldn’t it?

"

You’d think so, wouldn’t you? But it’s almost always single men who are told they aren’t swingers, and single women are unicorns everyone wants so no-one complains about us.

Yes, there are a lot of single men who don’t have a clue and aren’t swingers, and the only reason they want to meet couples is because they think it’s an easier way to get to a woman. And I wouldn’t have called myself a swinger when I first joined - I just wanted to get laid lol. But now I think I can reasonably call myself a swinger, and I don’t see why single men can’t be as well.

By *ribsaMan  over a year ago

A box at end of your bed

If their dicks are long enough.

Cardiff

"I'm not sure it applies to singles as surely that's just frequent casual sex? I think there needs to be a relationship component too, so swapping couples, hotwives, hotgirlfriends, stag and vixen, cuckold, etc. Or those in poly relationships. But not cheaters. Xx"

I think if someone is into threesomes (or more) that goes beyond casual sex as it’s not something that’s the norm in the vanilla world, and where else should you look for those things if not the swinging scene? But yes, if you only want to have 1-on-1 sex then I’d say you’re not a swinger.

Cardiff

Also, maybe it’s because I’m just a godforsaken solo (apparently non-)swinger, but the traditional “two couples swapping” sounds incredibly boring and limiting to me. Even on my couple profile I don’t want to be limited to that, I want the FFMs, MMFs, foursomes, groups etc. So much more fun.

"I was a swinger with my ex-wife and enjoyed many years of clubs and parties. Now I am single but my mentality hasn't changed, so in my eyes I'm still a swinger. Its a mentality and lifestyle and part of that is accepting others will have different views and beliefs, so to some I'm not a swinger. "

'Accepting others will have different views and beliefs'- that doesn't sound like Swingers at all!!

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I don't care what they're called. We're not swingers either by most definitions.

By *etite_delightWoman  over a year ago

BunnyLand

awww don’t curse them OP, They are singletons

By *mokes n MirrorsCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth and Newcastle (sometimes)

We meet quite a few single guys (preferably of the bi variety) as it's our favourite type of meet but the guys we meet more than once are the ones that 'get it' and understand the dynamics of swinging as we see it.

By *ive Bar Beauty QueenWoman  over a year ago

Stoke

Well lets the single guys put up a single guys profile on a swingers site so they think they are.

Other think not but then they see them as competition and would rather they go away.

By *ydrewMan  over a year ago

Bournemouth

I've got a hammock. When I'm in that it often swings. Does that mean I'm a swinger?

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Also, maybe it’s because I’m just a godforsaken solo (apparently non-)swinger, but the traditional “two couples swapping” sounds incredibly boring and limiting to me. Even on my couple profile I don’t want to be limited to that, I want the FFMs, MMFs, foursomes, groups etc. So much more fun."

Good post.

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

"I think swinging is more a lifestyle thing so, with all the singles, some are just fuckers and don't really get involved and some are swingers"

I agree with this. My lifestyle has stayed the same both in and out of relationships.

Traditionally swingers are couples. Although some swinger do like a single.

Let us remember that the term swingers came from the naturist camps and referred to letting your bits swing.

History lesson over. LOL

I think I came to Fab because I was exhausted by trying to interpret what was required from more mainstream sites such as POF and knowing that whoever I hooked up with on Fab would be completely open minded about sex and what they did or did not like, enjoy or want to experiment with. I have met some lovely adults and some quite strange ones too over the various times I have been a fabber and I use it less in the sense of being a traditional swinger and more to find similar minded partners. I guess that means I am not actually a swinger but I feel it does give me an understanding and empathy towards what it means to be a swinger?

Are single females

By *oneyBear100Couple  over a year ago

Gatwick area

"Are single females "

Gender not relevant (or shouldn't be) to your attitude.

By *rDb792Man  over a year ago

Plymouth

Swingle?

I remember hearing this term on a TV show years ago.

It was a dating show and this guy who enjoyed have group sex labelled himself that.

Not a bad term

By * AND R 777Couple  over a year ago

Teesside

For us it's more about the attitude of the Single person, some attend clubs, party's and organised socials and fit in with everyone. And others just see it as a free way to get sex

"Question?

Agreewhat that I am overthink it lol!!"

If hes paying with both male and female then yes

Tin town

"For us it's more about the attitude of the Single person, some attend clubs, party's and organised socials and fit in with everyone. And others just see it as a free way to get sex "

A free way to get sex? Presumably that refers to men and women.. And for that matter TV / TS?

You mean like consenting adults having a good physically intimate time together. How terrible is that.

Menston near Ilkley

"Question?

Wifeswappers have always said this, the swingers have a much more welcoming attitude.

That's a very interesting point Bobbitupper (Hope you're keeping well btw ) Swinging is a lifestyle for singles and couples. Wife swapping is a totally different thing. All those couples that don't think it's for single males or females.We have known people split up from a couple and still swing as a single. Both the males and the females. We both were singles on fab before we got together so don't see it as any different in our humble opinion. "

Hi Mr and Miss Nice, I am very well thank you for asking. I'm swingling along nicely.

Looking forward to seeing you at the next Leeds social once all the panic is over.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

Im always amazed how many single guys in the scene profess to be swingers, yet find the idea of sharing their own partner abhorrent. These guys can fuck off imo.

Everyone wants to be an individual yet still be put in a named category

Who cares what it’s called just should be simple safe fun

Same with genders there are over 60 recognised ones now

Anyone able to name them all?

What about single women ?

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

I think that's unfair to call every guy a player or shagger.

I have been into the lifestyle as a single guy for years.

I can honestly tell you I can get more sex outside the community and a lot easier.

But I love the lifestyle love the encounters I have had I would live to have a partner who I could share his with.But be honest how many women out there would do this.

And if your going to label all single men why cant single women be viewed as negatively?I would say 60% of women are after money.

However I have faith some are genuinely swingers.

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

"What about single women ?"

Exactly why just mention guys surely that would mean single women like me must be the same so

"What about single women ?

Exactly why just mention guys surely that would mean single women like me must be the same so "

Yes but you are a unicorn

Somewhere in Co. Down

Exactly why just mention guys surely that would mean single women like me must be the same so

Yes but you are a unicorn "

Only if the mood takes me. Surely tho it makes single guys be unihorns tho

Only if the mood takes me. Surely tho it makes single guys be unihorns tho "

Cock is plenty on here I’ve heard

Somewhere in Co. Down

Only if the mood takes me. Surely tho it makes single guys be unihorns tho

Cock is plenty on here I’ve heard "

There are a few here alright

Lots just want to enjoy the journey. "

Thank you

I don't feel I need to define myself in order to fit into anyone's description but I know I'm not a wifeswapper cause I don't have a wife

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

I'd say the main difference between a single male swinger and a wannafuck is attitude.

"Question?

I'm not sure if they are swingers but on here loads of them seem to be very short.

By *oroRick1027Man  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

"I'm not sure it applies to singles as surely that's just frequent casual sex? I think there needs to be a relationship component too, so swapping couples, hotwives, hotgirlfriends, stag and vixen, cuckold, etc. Or those in poly relationships. But not cheaters. Xx"

So if a couple play with a single guy or girl, are couple swinging and the single just cheating?

By *tuYorksMan  over a year ago

Barnsley

"I'd say the main difference between a single male swinger and a wannafuck is attitude. "

Exactly this. I'm single & straight but I enjoy sex where multiple people are involved. No idea if I need to label it but I consider myself as a swinger.

By *ootprints1629Couple  over a year ago

somewhere in moray

"Question?

We have asked this question to ourselves alot, we don't see them as swingers, in our opinion, swingers are people who have sex, party's etc with other swingers, which is usually couples??

That's a very good question to be honest, the same could be applied to a lady as well. I guess in terms of like sharing someone's significant other might make it a bit like swinging for guys and ladies, as most guys and ladies wouldn't just share someone's spouse/partner just like that.

"I think I came to Fab because I was exhausted by trying to interpret what was required from more mainstream sites such as POF and knowing that whoever I hooked up with on Fab would be completely open minded about sex and what they did or did not like, enjoy or want to experiment with. I have met some lovely adults and some quite strange ones too over the various times I have been a fabber and I use it less in the sense of being a traditional swinger and more to find similar minded partners. I guess that means I am not actually a swinger but I feel it does give me an understanding and empathy towards what it means to be a swinger?"

I completely agree with this. I was sick of males either not entertaining u if u didnt sleep with them or blocking u after they slept with you. That's why I came to Fab to know where I stand. I love sex and on here the people are like minded. I think I am probably a fabber not a swinger then seeing as I am a single x

Cardiff

"Question?

We have asked this question to ourselves alot, we don't see them as swingers, in our opinion, swingers are people who have sex, party's etc with other swingers, which is usually couples?? "

And yet, your profile says you’re looking for single men and women, so what do you call those singles that you meet?

By *acDreamyMan  over a year ago

Wirral

Some on a single profile are in a couple but swinging. I agree that it is more about what you are looking for that makes you a swinger whatever that really means.

By *ewBurtonMan  over a year ago

Derby

Same would apply to a single girl

By *idnight_Express69Man  over a year ago

Rochdale

"Question?

Labels are for tins

By *ason500Man  over a year ago

worcestershire

I’m a swinger.. because I swing both ways....

I'm single but have attended clubs/parties/meets both alone and with guys or couples I know. I wasn't in a relationship with any of them but just enjoyed getting together and sharing experiences with each other.

I'd certainly class myself as a swinger. I've made some amazing friends on here over the years. And there are a few couple's who've welcomed me to join them on a regular basis at clubs or their homes. One friend of mine even sends her husband over to play with me. I get off it massively as I know they're both genuinely into sharing.

I think you can most definitely swing as a single

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chesterfield

"Same would apply to a single girl "

Yes, but everyone likes those

Cardiff

"Same would apply to a single girl

Yes, but everyone likes those"

That’s the thing, isn’t it? Everything they say about single men should apply to us as well, it’s such a double standard.

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chesterfield

It’s not worth getting het up about

By *acDreamyMan  over a year ago

Wirral

"

One friend of mine even sends her husband over to play with me. I get off it massively as I know they're both genuinely into sharing.

"

Sounds like how we play.

I definitely think you qualify as a swinger!

I am just purely a player who enjoys a combination of meeting singles and couples on a regular and one off basis depending how we get on. the couples and singles that I meet up with several times a year and have been doing for a number of years with some fading away as there life changes and new ones appearing and joining over time would call me a swinger........but I'm deffinatly a player.

By *ootprints1629Couple  over a year ago

somewhere in moray

"Question?

We have asked this question to ourselves alot, we don't see them as swingers, in our opinion, swingers are people who have sex, party's etc with other swingers, which is usually couples??

And yet, your profile says you’re looking for single men and women, so what do you call those singles that you meet?"

I'm assuming that question was to me, if you read it again u will find we are looking for bi males and no females who we can both have fun with and not just one of us...we will not entertain a single straight man for the reasons which we believe as to why they need a couple for sex...why not just get a single fem or single man to have one on one sex with...

Cardiff

"Question?

And yet, your profile says you’re looking for single men and women, so what do you call those singles that you meet?

I'm assuming that question was to me, if you read it again u will find we are looking for bi males and no females who we can both have fun with and not just one of us...we will not entertain a single straight man for the reasons which we believe as to why they need a couple for sex...why not just get a single fem or single man to have one on one sex with..."

I did read it. Doesn’t change the fact that those people, bi or straight, are singles.

By *arry247Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

"Question?

You say call it what you want but you refuse to accept the name many people call it swinging!

A swinger is someone into sex with different partners, that may be someone else's husband or wife, it may be two or more women at the same time or men at the same time it may be as part of a gangbang or even as part of an orgy.

Swinging is liberated sex, it may include a social side but it does not have to.

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

That’s the thing, isn’t it? Everything they say about single men should apply to us as well, it’s such a double standard."

I think it does apply to single women as well. If they haven't got the right attitude they aren't swingers lol

Cardiff

That’s the thing, isn’t it? Everything they say about single men should apply to us as well, it’s such a double standard.

I think it does apply to single women as well. If they haven't got the right attitude they aren't swingers lol"

That makes you unusual amongst couples. Most fall over themselves for a single, bi woman regardless of her attitude.

Glad someone included Single Women on the thread. There are just as many female players as there are male players and if that's what they want all power to them. I don't like being categorised.

Well it's just the same as a single woman. Probably players

Hello guys,

For me to be a "swinger" you should have the ability to share the person you love with others.

If you haven't experienced the initial jealousy while watching your girlfriend/wife enjoining herself with one after another, I am sorry but you are not a real swinger! And of course, exactly the same applies to females!

At the same time you don't need to be a swinger to take part in swinging activities. When we do MMF or gang bang I don't care if the Ms are "swingers" or not. As long as my partner approves them and they know how to play the game I am fine.

People have different reasons to get into swinging:

- minimising the risk of cheating;

- spicing of their sexual life;

- fulfilling sexual fantasies;

- exploring new horizons etc.

As long as you are not selfish and respect each other's boundaries all is good and everybody should be happy!

Have fun!

By *evaquitCouple  over a year ago

Catthorpe

Yes I think so.

Seen many a single male and single female fully emersed into the swinging community fulfilling their single status mainly for couples might I add for years on end, full swingers in our book. Not accepting old school thoughts that it's for the couples only who swap wives, especially those who've been in it 5 minutes over the singles by old school virtue. This 'community' has changed, evolved and become more innovative from the 'keys in the bowl days'. Thank God!

Can here Stephen Fry ringing the QI buzzer for that one.

I think it's just an ideal, don't get a sniff now a days. Meet more people out and about than I do on here...

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"Question?

Of course single people be it male or female can be swingers.

If they are attending parties and meeting & playing with others then yes they are swingers .

Does it mean couples only meeting other couples are just wifeswappers or are they classed as swingers ?

By *oyRoy06Man  over a year ago

leighton buzzard

You’d think so, wouldn’t you? But it’s almost always single men who are told they aren’t swingers, and single women are unicorns everyone wants so no-one complains about us.

Yes, there are a lot of single men who don’t have a clue and aren’t swingers, and the only reason they want to meet couples is because they think it’s an easier way to get to a woman. And I wouldn’t have called myself a swinger when I first joined - I just wanted to get laid lol. But now I think I can reasonably call myself a swinger, and I don’t see why single men can’t be as well."

Because it seems all single men must be tarred with the same brush and put down at every opportubity

From the way some forum threads I've read have gone; it's almost a wonder single men are even allowed here

By *oyRoy06Man  over a year ago

leighton buzzard

End if day swinging has changed over the years and now encompasses more than just couples.

Singles of any gender are as entitled to be classed a swinger

"End if day swinging has changed over the years and now encompasses more than just couples.

Singles of any gender are as entitled to be classed a swinger"

Definitely m8

By *ookie an creamCouple  over a year ago

Fife

"Depends on the mindset. I have been on here as part of a swinging couple. As a general rule if we got the vibe that the guys we met would be open to swinging as a couple if not single it worked in their favour.

If we got the vibe that they'd NEVER do this if they had a partner we gave them a wide berth."

Got to agree with this too many guys on here wouldn't dream of sharing thier partner but happy if its spmeone else's.

Nope they're not. Nor are single women.

By *evoncream2017Couple  over a year ago

exeter

That is a really clever question.

No how can a single person swing

By *oroRick1027Man  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

If a couple play with a single guy/girl, are they not swinging too?

Of course they are.

By *eneral HysteriaMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

[Removed by poster at 30/10/20 00:17:43]

By *eneral HysteriaMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

"Why does it matter so much? "

It's just another angle for him to stick a knife into single guys.

It boosts his ego.

It's just another angle for him to stick a knife into single guys.

It boosts his ego."

By *usy blondeWoman  over a year ago

Manchester

My ex has been a "swinger" for nearly 30 years and has swung in every relationship he's had. Now he's single and on here looking for couples who would like him to join them.

Is he no longer a swinger because he's single.

By *lowstick66Man  over a year ago

m

Liking the unihorn name

By *usy blondeWoman  over a year ago

Manchester

For true swingers, swinging is a lifestyle and not a label.

"I think a swinger is someone who prefers multiple partners. So single people can be swingers in my opinion."

I agree I love spending time with couples and not just sex but good to get a good friendly relationship with them xx

Yes and fun with couples is great good to help them achieve what they like without arseholes on this site fuckin them around time wasting

By *evaquitCouple  over a year ago

Catthorpe

"That is a really clever question.

"

Join a couple, done!

They're never used to be singles prevalent in the scene but there is now. Times have changed. The 'you have to have a partner to swap' mentality tends to be the old school type from what we see.

"That is a really clever question.

Join a couple, done!

They're never used to be singles prevalent in the scene but there is now. Times have changed. The 'you have to have a partner to swap' mentality tends to be the old school type from what we see."

Times have changed in good ways that couples can open up and ask single females and guys without it being not natural happy days

Bit harsh to call single guys players.

I’m entering fab cos I want to explore more in sex. Not cos I want to fuck my way through everyone that shows interest.

I see couples looking for mmf with single guys, so surely single males are needed here.

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Lots of responses and not read them all but here is our two pence worth...

Single guys absolutely can describe themselves as swingers in the condition that they are open to Different partner combos.

If they like threesomes, moresomes, orgies, gangbangs then yep that is all part of swinging.

However, if they only really want to meet one person at a time (female or male) then they are just shaggers/players because that can also be achieved in vanilla life.

So if what they seek to experience sexually is not vanilla then they are swingers.

Without doubt some single guys on this site only meet couples to gain access to the female. It is not actually the idea of a threesome (straight or bi) that excites them, it is fucking another woman and they would actually prefer the hubby/bf was not there. They are not swingers.

Brighton

"Lots of responses and not read them all but here is our two pence worth...

Single guys absolutely can describe themselves as swingers in the condition that they are open to Different partner combos.

If they like threesomes, moresomes, orgies, gangbangs then yep that is all part of swinging.

However, if they only really want to meet one person at a time (female or male) then they are just shaggers/players because that can also be achieved in vanilla life.

So if what they seek to experience sexually is not vanilla then they are swingers.

Without doubt some single guys on this site only meet couples to gain access to the female. It is not actually the idea of a threesome (straight or bi) that excites them, it is fucking another woman and they would actually prefer the hubby/bf was not there. They are not swingers."

Uurrgghh so many typos, damn tiny iphone keyboard

Without doubt some single guys on this site only meet couples to gain access to the female. It is not actually the idea of a threesome (straight or bi) that excites them, it is fucking another woman and they would actually prefer the hubby/bf was not there. They are not swingers."

Fully agree with what you say.

"Think I prefer either reguler pleasure giver or walking sex toy for hire... player sounds so cynical "

But if you break it down you are exactly that! And we would be for the other person or couple.

Just a prop in people’s fantasies as cold as it sounds.

Brighton

Should add the same applies to single women and TV/TS.

If what you seek is possible in vanilla world (ie predominantly non kinky 1-2-1 sex) then that isn’t swinging.

Fetish based 1-2-1 sex blurs that distinction but again, something you wouldn’t list on a vanilla dating app!

Cardiff

Another thing that this question always brings up for me is “wife swapping”. So many couples (and some singles) immediately jump to “no singles aren’t swingers, you have to have a partner to swap”. For me, “wife swapping” sounds horrible, as if the husband makes the decisions and the wife has no agency. Even worse is the “car keys in a bowl” scenario/stereotype. Equating the women with property and questionable in terms of consent? It’s somewhere between tacky and gross.

And before you all jump on me with your “swinging isn’t like that anymore”s and your “times have changed”s, stop and think because that is EXACTLY the point we’re making! It’s changed from that narrow and boring definition, and is now an exciting mix of people and combinations and possibilities. If couple to couple partner swapping is all you want, more power to you. But please stop telling everyone else we’re wrong for how we do it.

"Another thing that this question always brings up for me is “wife swapping”. So many couples (and some singles) immediately jump to “no singles aren’t swingers, you have to have a partner to swap”. For me, “wife swapping” sounds horrible, as if the husband makes the decisions and the wife has no agency. Even worse is the “car keys in a bowl” scenario/stereotype. Equating the women with property and questionable in terms of consent? It’s somewhere between tacky and gross.

And before you all jump on me with your “swinging isn’t like that anymore”s and your “times have changed”s, stop and think because that is EXACTLY the point we’re making! It’s changed from that narrow and boring definition, and is now an exciting mix of people and combinations and possibilities. If couple to couple partner swapping is all you want, more power to you. But please stop telling everyone else we’re wrong for how we do it."

I can definitely see what you’re talking about with old days and I can’t really comment on that because we have only been in the world a few years but now I believe “swinging” is more women driven. Look at all the hotwife single and couples profiles and all the single women profiles women’s role in swinging has never been stronger surly?

"Another thing that this question always brings up for me is “wife swapping”. So many couples (and some singles) immediately jump to “no singles aren’t swingers, you have to have a partner to swap”. For me, “wife swapping” sounds horrible, as if the husband makes the decisions and the wife has no agency. Even worse is the “car keys in a bowl” scenario/stereotype. Equating the women with property and questionable in terms of consent? It’s somewhere between tacky and gross.

And before you all jump on me with your “swinging isn’t like that anymore”s and your “times have changed”s, stop and think because that is EXACTLY the point we’re making! It’s changed from that narrow and boring definition, and is now an exciting mix of people and combinations and possibilities. If couple to couple partner swapping is all you want, more power to you. But please stop telling everyone else we’re wrong for how we do it.

I can definitely see what you’re talking about with old days and I can’t really comment on that because we have only been in the world a few years but now I believe “swinging” is more women driven. Look at all the hotwife single and couples profiles and all the single women profiles women’s role in swinging has never been stronger surly? "

And long my it continue

By *ecadent_DevonMan  over a year ago

Okehampton

Single people in the swinging community offer people choice. How you define what a “swinger” is will be based upon your ideology however consider the most basic description of swinging:

slang the practice of swapping sexual partners in a group, esp habitually.

One could define fab as a “group”. There is no qualifier for “partner”. “Sexual partner” could have the same definition as “dance partner” or chess partner” in that you might meet someone for an activity and whilst engaged in that activity (that takes two or more), they are your partner.

So considering fab as a group of friends where people partner up for a limited time to engage in sexual activity the definition:

the practice of swapping sexual partners in a group, esp habitually.

Means that all those on fab have identified as swingers and as per the simplest description are.

Menston near Ilkley

And before you all jump on me with your “swinging isn’t like that anymore”s and your “times have changed”s, stop and think because that is EXACTLY the point we’re making! It’s changed from that narrow and boring definition, and is now an exciting mix of people and combinations and possibilities. If couple to couple partner swapping is all you want, more power to you. But please stop telling everyone else we’re wrong for how we do it."

Very well said young lady I couldn't agree more!

I really think that the couples who insist Swinging is only for couples, have bad guilt about what they are doing. They need to call it something 'elite' to take that guilt away.

If they admitted to themselves that they're just shagging around and breaking the vows they made in church they would probably spontaneously combust.

Yes, there are a lot of single men who don’t have a clue and aren’t swingers, and the only reason they want to meet couples is because they think it’s an easier way to get to a woman. And I wouldn’t have called myself a swinger when I first joined - I just wanted to get laid lol. But now I think I can reasonably call myself a swinger, and I don’t see why single men can’t be as well.

Because it seems all single men must be tarred with the same brush and put down at every opportubity

From the way some forum threads I've read have gone; it's almost a wonder single men are even allowed here"

It’s not fair, I agree but then if you had been on the receiving end of how a lot of single men behave then you might understand why it happens.

Brighton

I really think that the couples who insist Swinging is only for couples, have bad guilt about what they are doing. They need to call it something 'elite' to take that guilt away.

If they admitted to themselves that they're just shagging around and breaking the vows they made in church they would probably spontaneously combust. "

For some maybe but I can’t really agree with this. There are plenty if couples (we are one) who enjoy group sex (ie three or more people involved). We don’t feel the remotest bit guilty about it.

Now because of how judgemental society is we don’t tell our vanilla friends and family about it but that doesn’t mean we are ashamed, just pragmatic.

As we said above, singles (men, women, TV/TS) can all be swingers but in our view labelling someone as such is dependent on what they are predominantly trying to find is non vanilla sex.

If what you are looking for sexually cannot be listed on a normal dating app/site then it means you are probably a bit “kinky”. Swingers are by definition (and viewed by society) as kinky and not the “norm”.

If they admitted to themselves that they're just shagging around and breaking the vows they made in church they would probably spontaneously combust.

For some maybe but I can’t really agree with this. There are plenty if couples (we are one) who enjoy group sex (ie three or more people involved). We don’t feel the remotest bit guilty about it.

Now because of how judgemental society is we don’t tell our vanilla friends and family about it but that doesn’t mean we are ashamed, just pragmatic.

As we said above, singles (men, women, TV/TS) can all be swingers but in our view labelling someone as such is dependent on what they are predominantly trying to find is non vanilla sex.

If what you are looking for sexually cannot be listed on a normal dating app/site then it means you are probably a bit “kinky”. Swingers are by definition (and viewed by society) as kinky and not the “norm”. "

I don't mean all couples.

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

"Question?

And yet, your profile says you’re looking for single men and women, so what do you call those singles that you meet?"

There is a whiff of hypocrisy in their statement to be honest I totally agree if you hold single men in such contempt why put younwant to meet them?

notts

"I think that's unfair to call every guy a player or shagger.

I can honestly tell you I can get more sex outside the community and a lot easier.

But I love the lifestyle love the encounters I have had I would live to have a partner who I could share his with.But be honest how many women out there would do this.

And if your going to label all single men why cant single women be viewed as negatively?I would say 60% of women are after money.

However I have faith some are genuinely swingers."

No disrespect intended and apologies if it came across that way

By *lixir of lifeMan  over a year ago

knob Creek

"I think that's unfair to call every guy a player or shagger.

However I have faith some are genuinely swingers.

No disrespect intended and apologies if it came across that way"

But I’m your opening sentence you singled out men and not all singles?

Not sure why the sex of a single person is relevant..

By *mmAloneMan  over a year ago

South Cheshire / Staffs

IMHO what makes the difference between a solo swinger and a player (male of female) is who they meet with.

I considered myself a player when I used to meet single women but now believe I'm a swinger as I play mostly with couples.

xx

I am a single man looking for experiences you do not find in typical places. If that makes me swinger then great....if not then I am just a slut dragon

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

visiting the beach

Lot's of comments, and the general feels seems to be that it's an attitude and approach that makes someone a swinger.

Which I would agree with. I would also add that the scene would be smaller and probably less interesting/fun if it were strictly couples only.

As has been said many times on FAB, actually you make your own rules and play how you wish. As long as no-one tries to force their way of thinking into being the only way, then all is good.

"Lot's of comments, and the general feels seems to be that it's an attitude and approach that makes someone a swinger.

Which I would agree with. I would also add that the scene would be smaller and probably less interesting/fun if it were strictly couples only.

As has been said many times on FAB, actually you make your own rules and play how you wish. As long as no-one tries to force their way of thinking into being the only way, then all is good."

"Question?

That's a very interesting point Bobbitupper (Hope you're keeping well btw ) Swinging is a lifestyle for singles and couples. Wife swapping is a totally different thing. All those couples that don't think it's for single males or females.We have known people split up from a couple and still swing as a single. Both the males and the females. We both were singles on fab before we got together so don't see it as any different in our humble opinion.

Hi Mr and Miss Nice, I am very well thank you for asking. I'm swingling along nicely.

Looking forward to seeing you at the next Leeds social once all the panic is over. "

We love the Leeds social. Always a pleasure to chat with you

I was surprised you could sign up here as a single male

"Question?

I do think it's very unfortunate that the majority of people who swing are single men. Must be something in that? I suppose it shows females simply have different preferences. However I guess there's always the need for a single person of either sex, when a swinging couple want to try something new.

Liverpool

I disagree. There's plenty of single men on here who are just using the site as a way to get laid but there's also single guys on here I've met or would meet one on one that I would definitely count as swingers and participate in the scene. The openess about having multiple sexual partners is a big part of it for me. None of the unspoken secretiveness you get with dating sites.

Without doubt some single guys on this site only meet couples to gain access to the female. It is not actually the idea of a threesome (straight or bi) that excites them, it is fucking another woman and they would actually prefer the hubby/bf was not there. They are not swingers.

I disagree. There's plenty of single men on here who are just using the site as a way to get laid but there's also single guys on here I've met or would meet one on one that I would definitely count as swingers and participate in the scene. The openess about having multiple sexual partners is a big part of it for me. None of the unspoken secretiveness you get with dating sites. "

This so much!

I may have a wife and 2 girlfriends but I still come on here to get some action on the side.

Brighton

I disagree. There's plenty of single men on here who are just using the site as a way to get laid but there's also single guys on here I've met or would meet one on one that I would definitely count as swingers and participate in the scene. The openess about having multiple sexual partners is a big part of it for me. None of the unspoken secretiveness you get with dating sites. "

Not clear on what you disagree with? We seem to be saying same thing?

To be clear in our opinion “swinging” is defined by sexual activity that is not available (or easily requested) through vanilla dating channels.

That will include kinky fetishes (that could be 1-2-1) and any form of group sex.

Liverpool

I disagree. There's plenty of single men on here who are just using the site as a way to get laid but there's also single guys on here I've met or would meet one on one that I would definitely count as swingers and participate in the scene. The openess about having multiple sexual partners is a big part of it for me. None of the unspoken secretiveness you get with dating sites.

Not clear on what you disagree with? We seem to be saying same thing?

To be clear in our opinion “swinging” is defined by sexual activity that is not available (or easily requested) through vanilla dating channels.

That will include kinky fetishes (that could be 1-2-1) and any form of group sex.

"

The part I disagree with is that you're not a swinger if you only meet one on one.

» Add a new message to this topic