FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Can you be too polite?

Can you be too polite?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I’m have been told that I am too polite to be a swinger and that’s holding me back. I have no problem with socials before meeting, I wait to be invited to play at parties rather than “steam straight in” and don’t interrupt conversations in clubs. Is this the reason why people avoid chatting to me? I’m shy by nature but I’m a chatty person.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

I prefer polite people and have no time for bad manners.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Hi OP.

I guess being polite might not get you to the front of the queue against those that are more pushy but it might make you some more longer lasting friends who will want to meet you again.

I always look to meet people over a long period of time and being polite seems to work

By *aomilatteCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

"I’m have been told that I am too polite to be a swinger and that’s holding me back. I have no problem with socials before meeting, I wait to be invited to play at parties rather than “steam straight in” and don’t interrupt conversations in clubs. Is this the reason why people avoid chatting to me? I’m shy by nature but I’m a chatty person."
If you wait to be invited to play you’ll be waiting a long time. There must always be people who aren’t already engaged in conversation. It must be nerve wracking for a single, but a “hi how are you” could start a conversation. There’s no such thing as too polite, we’re only interested in polite friendly people

"I’m have been told that I am too polite to be a swinger and that’s holding me back. I have no problem with socials before meeting, I wait to be invited to play at parties rather than “steam straight in” and don’t interrupt conversations in clubs. Is this the reason why people avoid chatting to me? I’m shy by nature but I’m a chatty person."

Anyone who "steam straights in" or "interrupts" would be declined straight away.

Manners and politeness goes along way.

By *uHorny1Man  over a year ago

Cannock

I'm always polite and it's done me no harm. I always come on to Fab with zero expectations so any response is a bonus.

I have no intention of changing the way I do things either.

Yes.

I get asked "how am I" at work so many times it actually annoys me.

I’m exactly the same. I prefer to be known for my politeness than be rude rash and get my end off.

By *am4CamWoman  over a year ago

Fairy Land

In my experience; polite people fair better in most avenues of life than impolite ones.

By *zoreanMan  over a year ago

Witney

I'm blunt and kind of don't have time to sugar coat every single sentence... Life is too short, if you get offended easily, grow a pair.

Witney

"I'm blunt and kind of don't have time to sugar coat every single sentence... Life is too short, if you get offended easily, grow a pair."

Having said that, it doesn't mean that I'm not polite, I just don't sugar coat bullshit.

By *am4CamWoman  over a year ago

Fairy Land

"I'm blunt and kind of don't have time to sugar coat every single sentence... Life is too short, if you get offended easily, grow a pair."

And how is that working out for you in the context of your Fab experience?

I try to be polite as possible when chatting to a lady, after all curiously costs nothing. I do tend to find you get friend zoned on a regular basis, but better that than blocked.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Can you be too polite?

By *ensual 2Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

Manners maketh man ....

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Don’t confuse bad manners with being proactive and a little dominant. Often in life you have to decide what/who you want and go get it / them.

By *stbury DavenportMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

I've been told I'm too polite by *club owners*, so yes, apparently that's a thing within the context of swinging.

That said, I'd far rather be too polite and miss out on the opportunities available to the more forward than misjudge anything and upset someone.

Witney

"I'm blunt and kind of don't have time to sugar coat every single sentence... Life is too short, if you get offended easily, grow a pair.

And how is that working out for you in the context of your Fab experience? "

So far so good, obviously I wouldn't drop you a message saying "I want to fuck you balls deep" because that's rude as fuck. I don't know how things work in fairy land, but bluntness and rudeness are completely different concepts.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Politeness is saying "may I join you? " and taking a refusal well rather than "can I fuck you luv?" and kicking off if the answers no.

Diffidence is hanging back waiting to be asked.

By *ensual 2Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

Old school politeness /manners go a long way in our book.. maybe its an age group thing ....

» Add a new message to this topic