FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > They messaged....

They messaged....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *herryblossom_BJ OP   Woman  over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

I keep getting single male profiles saying "they messaged" me. I get so confused when this happens. Any ideas why?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I keep getting single male profiles saying "they messaged" me. I get so confused when this happens. Any ideas why? "

Why you get confused? Have you had any coffee this morning?

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

"I keep getting single male profiles saying "they messaged" me. I get so confused when this happens. Any ideas why?

Why you get confused? Have you had any coffee this morning?"

No..

But shouldn't it say "he messaged"?

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

"I keep getting single male profiles saying "they messaged" me. I get so confused when this happens. Any ideas why? "

I’ve sent you numerous marriage proposals- please respond.

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

Oh English isn't my first language.

A female messaged me and it also said "they messaged" so everyone who messages will say "they messaged" to me it sounds like two people has messaged.

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

"I keep getting single male profiles saying "they messaged" me. I get so confused when this happens. Any ideas why?

I’ve sent you numerous marriage proposals- please respond."

Sorry it got lost in the post. Contact Royal mail?

By *AYENCouple  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

No..

But shouldn't it say "he messaged"? "

I think it's set to 'they' by default - it sort of covers all

"Oh English isn't my first language.

A female messaged me and it also said "they messaged" so everyone who messages will say "they messaged" to me it sounds like two people has messaged. "

Ah ok. Get you now. They has simply replaced he or she. It’s gender neutral.

Maldon

Sorry it got lost in the post. Contact Royal mail? "

Too late I’m afraid. I’ve cancelled the venue and honeymoon.

No..

I think it's set to 'they' by default - it sort of covers all "

Especially in this day and age of non-specific gender pronouns.....

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

Too late I’m afraid. I’ve cancelled the venue and honeymoon."

Out of curiosity, where was the venue and honeymoon? See if we would of agreed

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

No..

I think it's set to 'they' by default - it sort of covers all

Especially in this day and age of non-specific gender pronouns..... "

oooh I see. Dam pc police

I kept thinking are all these single men actually couples

A female messaged me and it also said "they messaged" so everyone who messages will say "they messaged" to me it sounds like two people has messaged.

Ah ok. Get you now. They has simply replaced he or she. It’s gender neutral."

I guess you can always go back and say that “ both of us are not interested “

By *entralscotscpl7Couple  over a year ago

Falkirk

It' the same when you get a messages saying "we have chatted before".

I think it is used as a way to deliberately confuse you into thinking if we have chated there must be a spark so let's continue.

Crafty but I can't remember what I done yesterday let alone who I have chatted with on here.

By *ecretlivesCouple  over a year ago

FABWatch HQ

A female messaged me and it also said "they messaged" so everyone who messages will say "they messaged" to me it sounds like two people has messaged. "

?If it's a matter of grammar then they should be saying 'I messaged you' (though better to say 'I have sent you a message', as message is not strictly a verb (yet )

?If it's a matter of grammar then they should be saying 'I messaged you' (though better to say 'I have sent you a message', as message is not strictly a verb (yet )"

The OP is taking about the generic message that pops up on someone's profile when they have messaged you.

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

?If it's a matter of grammar then they should be saying 'I messaged you' (though better to say 'I have sent you a message', as message is not strictly a verb (yet )"

No it's when you click on their profile. For example, a guy messaged me. I click on his profile. Up the top tells you the conversation history, now it says "they messaged" but I remember before it used to say "he messaged" so now I thought he used to be a couple profile. But if he did used to be a couple profile, it would have a couple layout but with no information about the person who used to be on the profile ......

I think I need more coffee

Maldon

Out of curiosity, where was the venue and honeymoon? See if we would of agreed "

The wedding day, a choice two - a Chateau at Mauriac in the Tarn valley, then honeymoon at Cap d’Agde. Or closer to home, Cliveden House near Marlow. Venue of the Profumo scandal. Honeymoon - cycle through France, down the west coast.

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

"It' the same when you get a messages saying "we have chatted before".

I think it is used as a way to deliberately confuse you into thinking if we have chated there must be a spark so let's continue.

Crafty but I can't remember what I done yesterday let alone who I have chatted with on here. "

Bugger, yes that old chestnut been used on me many times... I must stop checking my messages half asleep. Not a morning person at all

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

The wedding day, a choice two - a Chateau at Mauriac in the Tarn valley, then honeymoon at Cap d’Agde. Or closer to home, Cliveden House near Marlow. Venue of the Profumo scandal. Honeymoon - cycle through France, down the west coast. "

Dam Royal mail and covid friggin lockdown... Grrr

Maldon

The wedding day, a choice two - a Chateau at Mauriac in the Tarn valley, then honeymoon at Cap d’Agde. Or closer to home, Cliveden House near Marlow. Venue of the Profumo scandal. Honeymoon - cycle through France, down the west coast.

Dam Royal mail and covid friggin lockdown... Grrr "

It’s amazing - I sent the same marriage proposal to my top fifty Fab ladies. Not one reply, can’t all be the fault of the Postie surely?

By *ecretlivesCouple  over a year ago

FABWatch HQ

?If it's a matter of grammar then they should be saying 'I messaged you' (though better to say 'I have sent you a message', as message is not strictly a verb (yet )

No it's when you click on their profile. For example, a guy messaged me. I click on his profile. Up the top tells you the conversation history, now it says "they messaged" but I remember before it used to say "he messaged" so now I thought he used to be a couple profile. But if he did used to be a couple profile, it would have a couple layout but with no information about the person who used to be on the profile ......

I think I need more coffee "

Ah yes. We have got caught by a simpler version of this before. We used to reply to most contacts with a polite 'no' and months later it would look like we had chatted with them! Sometimes not obvious in profile but a forum comment. Lesson learned...

» Add a new message to this topic