FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Re: Tips and learning how to tie rope bondage???

Re: Tips and learning how to tie rope bondage???

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hello again everyone

Just a quick question, does anybody know of any good sites that show and explain how best and safely to use bondage rope for different positions?

Many thanks in advance,

Wayne xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Try 2 knotty boys on you tube xx

Thanks for the tip. Having a look now

"Thanks for the tip. Having a look now "
. no problem xx

[Removed by poster at 18/05/17 14:24:15]

I personally find the 2 Knotty Boys can make things a bit too complicated, a couple of good safe knots is all I use, Somerville Bowline is a good all round tie (Google for instructions).

The other thing to have is a good knowledge of the human body, nerve points, arteries etc, you don't want to put a tie in the wrong place.

If you are looking to do anything more complicated than some 'floor rope' (rope on the floor or bed), for example suspensions, I would advise getting yourself along to a Rope Munch, they are usually free or only cost a few quid and there are always people there with the knowledge to help you take your skills further (Feel free to message for more info).

By *uietlyBohemianCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle-under-Lyme

Regarding safety; While you can learn technique from a book or video, what you can't get is a good feel for safety.

I would wholeheartedly recommend getting yourself to a rope-jam and getting a good beginners intro from someone who is careful and experienced.

Also it's a really good idea to practise at being on both sides (rigger and bunny) so that you get a better understanding of what works and what doesn't, and how to communicate.

Hi and thanks for the advice. I'll take it on board. I really wanted to make sure I understood it and felt comfortable with all aspects before using it properly.

Great advice about doing it from both rigger and bunny side of things.

Thanks

Ooops

I forgot to add, make sure you buy some paramedic shears, they are only a couple of quid but if you need to get the rope off quickly they are worth their weight in gold.

The shears are designed to cut fabric and rope without the risk of cutting the person in it.

Would love to find out where to find a rope munch any pointers gratefully appreciate xx

"Would love to find out where to find a rope munch any pointers gratefully appreciate xx"

If you are interested just drop us a message

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

If there is anyone into this in the Northampton area, I'd love to hear from you

[Removed by poster at 18/05/17 17:33:42]

By *tephanie19631TV/TS  over a year ago

oxford

Have a look for local peer rope workshops

By *axandbooCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

"If there is anyone into this in the Northampton area, I'd love to hear from you "

Think you should come to bristol, you can try out our ceiling hooks

Boo x

"If there is anyone into this in the Northampton area, I'd love to hear from you "

We have been to Northampton and so know the way, does that count

By *ubSirVient-DefinitionCouple  over a year ago

dukinfield

Would happily travel to tie.

You'd look amazing roped up.

AJ

Thanks for all the posts and advice all. Appreciated

Pic was back in the day that Number One Chap was still practicing. He's a dab hand now. His 'creation' last week was superb (as usual we were too busy to remember cameras )

By *otForSoftiesWoman  over a year ago

The North / Party Hard Everywhere

"Ooops

I forgot to add, make sure you buy some paramedic shears, they are only a couple of quid but if you need to get the rope off quickly they are worth their weight in gold.

The shears are designed to cut fabric and rope without the risk of cutting the person in it. "

Tbh I find the couple of quid ones aren't good enough in an emergency - if you have them have you actually tried them? I was shocked how hard and how long it took when we did this as an exercise at a rope event. I now have a scuba line cutter.

OP look up anatomie they're not too far from you, it's the UK's first dedicated rope studio and I've learned suspension with them among other things. Also as other have suggested local peer rope events - I think xtasia host the midlands one.

Getting good is all about practice so find yourself someone who likes to be tied and you can get to know them and their body as you improve.

I do rope/shibari demos at Heathrow Dungeon Zone at Abfab and occasional group tuition if that's an option.

"Tbh I find the couple of quid ones aren't good enough in an emergency - if you have them have you actually tried them? I was shocked how hard and how long it took when we did this as an exercise at a rope event. I now have a scuba line cutter.

Also as other have suggested local peer rope events - I think xtasia host the midlands one."

I have tried the Para Shears, and used them on more than one occasion (I used to attend Peer Rope in Birmingham and Sheffield) but it is best to use what you know and what you trust.

Xtasia host the Midlands Peer Rope Workshop, the next one is on the 18th June, 4 - 9pm and is £5 admission.

Hi NotForSofties

Thanks for the advice. I'll message you now.

Thanks

"Tbh I find the couple of quid ones aren't good enough in an emergency - if you have them have you actually tried them? I was shocked how hard and how long it took when we did this as an exercise at a rope event. I now have a scuba line cutter.

Also as other have suggested local peer rope events - I think xtasia host the midlands one.

I have tried the Para Shears, and used them on more than one occasion (I used to attend Peer Rope in Birmingham and Sheffield) but it is best to use what you know and what you trust.

Xtasia host the Midlands Peer Rope Workshop, the next one is on the 18th June, 4 - 9pm and is £5 admission."

thanks can you just turn up or is there a guest list xx

"thanks can you just turn up or is there a guest list xx"

I don't know if Xtasia list this sort of event on here, if not I have 'borrowed' the event details from another site.

The details are:

Date & Time: Sunday, June 18, 2017 · 4:00 PM – 9:00 PM

Cost: £5 per person

Dress code: Relaxed and casual

Description: A group of like-minded, enthusiastic ropefolk who meet to share ideas, knowledge and company, whilst roping.

If doesn't matter what skill level we have - novice or professional. It doesn't matter if we are ropers, bunnies or like to experience both. This group is for us.

So I would expect you just turn up, you could always contact Xtasia just to be sure.

"thanks can you just turn up or is there a guest list xx

I don't know if Xtasia list this sort of event on here, if not I have 'borrowed' the event details from another site.

The details are:

Date & Time: Sunday, June 18, 2017 · 4:00 PM – 9:00 PM

Cost: £5 per person

Dress code: Relaxed and casual

Description: A group of like-minded, enthusiastic ropefolk who meet to share ideas, knowledge and company, whilst roping.

If doesn't matter what skill level we have - novice or professional. It doesn't matter if we are ropers, bunnies or like to experience both. This group is for us.

So I would expect you just turn up, you could always contact Xtasia just to be sure."

thanks so helpful will need to see if we can get there as we are atg a party in Nottingham the night before xxx

"thanks so helpful will need to see if we can get there as we are atg a party in Nottingham the night before xxx"

That's Nottingham, full of all the party people

"thanks so helpful will need to see if we can get there as we are atg a party in Nottingham the night before xxx

That's Nottingham, full of all the party people "

you guys should get on the guest list xx

[Removed by poster at 19/05/17 19:15:27]

Some of the things I see look painful a little amateurish and not very attractive. Try getting the book called The Knotty Boys. Thats a good start.

I'm also going to recommend Two Knotty Boys. I've got one of their books which I'm slowly and patiently learning from as a novice rope top

"I personally find the 2 Knotty Boys can make things a bit too complicated, a couple of good safe knots is all I use, Somerville Bowline is a good all round tie (Google for instructions).

The other thing to have is a good knowledge of the human body, nerve points, arteries etc, you don't want to put a tie in the wrong place.

If you are looking to do anything more complicated than some 'floor rope' (rope on the floor or bed), for example suspensions, I would advise getting yourself along to a Rope Munch, they are usually free or only cost a few quid and there are always people there with the knowledge to help you take your skills further (Feel free to message for more info)."

I'll also recommend a rope event. I attend a local rope social. Lots of skilled people more than willing to advise and assist

By *eistreMan  over a year ago

London/Norfolk

"Hello again everyone

Just a quick question, does anybody know of any good sites that show and explain how best and safely to use bondage rope for different positions?

Many thanks in advance,

Wayne xx"

You are in the south East so if travel is no issue is suggest using Google and search for the name Anatomie Studio Peckham

It's a shibari audio that have open session days on Tuesday and Thursday evenings.

» Add a new message to this topic