FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > If a man...

If a man...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ivinefox OP   Woman  over a year ago

Coventry

arranges to meet you and then cancels at the last minute due to 'work', does this mean that he never actually had any intention of meeting you, or does this really happen..?

It's happened to me a few times and I'm pretty suspicious of it to be honest so haven't given them another chance but would like to know what other people think..?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Sounds to me like someone was all talk, I think a lot of guys on here use it as a fantasy wank bank but wimp out when it's about to get real. Not all guys but I think plenty do which give the rest perhaps a hard time

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"arranges to meet you and then cancels at the last minute due to 'work', does this mean that he never actually had any intention of meeting you, or does this really happen..?

It's happened to me a few times and I'm pretty suspicious of it to be honest so haven't given them another chance but would like to know what other people think..?"

It could mean any number of things, we've only had two cancellations and didn't give either a second chance.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

Work could be a valid excuse, but it is also a favourite get out of the meet method.

I would say if it is genuine they would arrange another meet straight away.

The ones who then go silent were chickens.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

If it is 'last minute', like I'm ready and on my way out, I would question his time management skills and assume he will let me down again. If he's given me a couple of hours notice I would give him another chance. But only one.

well unless he had a really good excuse I think he bottled it.

Which looking at your profile and your likes it's his loss.

Just block and move on xx

I wouldnt give him another chance.

Coventry

We've been chatting for a few weeks and he cancelled this morning. Asked me to come up with some other dates and was v apologetic. I know this can happen but makes me a bit wary as you just don't really know who people are on here and I don't want to get messed about.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"We've been chatting for a few weeks and he cancelled this morning. Asked me to come up with some other dates and was v apologetic. I know this can happen but makes me a bit wary as you just don't really know who people are on here and I don't want to get messed about. "

Your call what's your gut instinct?

You could give him another chance but if you've got doubts listen to them.

I'd give him one more chance.

If he cancels again then I'd knock it on the head

Coventry

I think I'll let him do the running, it's just so hard to know when you don't know someone..!

Thanks all. X

"arranges to meet you and then cancels at the last minute due to 'work', does this mean that he never actually had any intention of meeting you, or does this really happen..?

It's happened to me a few times and I'm pretty suspicious of it to be honest so haven't given them another chance but would like to know what other people think..?"

yes he had no intention to meet he probably hasn't even got a job

By *ancs MinxWoman  over a year ago

Burnley

Well I would not give him a third chance!

It's happened to me a few times and I'm pretty suspicious of it to be honest so haven't given them another chance but would like to know what other people think..?yes he had no intention to meet he probably hasn't even got a job "

In your opinion.

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

Over the last six years I have had a few cancellations and a few no shows...the 2 no shows I expected as they went quiet so I didn't even try to firm up on plans, I have had one complete no show with no warning and yes I had already met him before! (Somehow I think he must have had a secret partner and was rumbled) As Plans were firmed up the previous night.

The other cancellation was due to a migraine.....which he admitted to being an excuse at a later night as he had cold feet! I didn't bother to further any future meets as this admission came months after the fact!

So just decide on your own instincts.

It's a tricky one as it depends on his job, most people wouldn't make arrangements while on call.

Depending on how Legimate you think he was, to whether you give a second chance

I have been let down because of work before, and made it clear there wouldn't be a third time, and successfully met them on the second accasion

We have been let down many times by guys and never been I formed in anyway shape or for but always blocked no second chances here what so ever

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I would of thought if someone was in a job where they may have to cancel because of it they would of mentioned it beforehand was it a cancellation or a posponement

I always give someone the benefit of the doubt and one more chance then no more.

Wasnt me Divine...give me the opportunity and I would be there!

It could be valid, but at least he had the manners to let you know.

Ive had no shows before, wasted time waiting around for them too. I dont wait more than 15 minutes now

I had this once, I even let him know I was setting off, 20 mins later he checked I had arrived before saying he was still in work and would have to postpone.

The comment that had a blowjob been on the cards he would have been there ensured he was reported and blocked pronto.

I give women 10 chances it's only fair xxx

Coventry

Sunshine, that's bloody awful! Well, his loss...x

I don't know about men but when I cancel because of work it means I have work.

By *rivate roomMan  over a year ago

Bracknell

I would be very reliable if I had arranged to meet a cpl or lady. But no one has given me the chance to do that.

Coventry

Yeah but you're not a man..!

By *km45Man  over a year ago

UTTOXETER

Been let down again by the same woman tonight. Told her to sort out things out and when shes ready get in touch but after that no more chances.

Some people may be on call? Maybe? I would say 99% chickened out

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I've been cancelled on twice this week One was genuine and I'm happy to rearrange, not so sure about the other guy. The reason he gave was enough for me to block him!!!! He said he'd met someone normal.....fecking cheek ey??

"I've been cancelled on twice this week One was genuine and I'm happy to rearrange, not so sure about the other guy. The reason he gave was enough for me to block him!!!! He said he'd met someone normal.....fecking cheek ey?? "

Did he maybe mean a vanilla girlfriend?

I've cancelled because of work a couple of times....and I have every intention of meeting people

"Yeah but you're not a man..!"

But men work too

I work all over the country.I would like to meet woman or couples.sometimes I am tired long hours so it could be they are nackerd? ?? But I find most on fab don't won't to meet up shame boat u all think

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"I've been cancelled on twice this week One was genuine and I'm happy to rearrange, not so sure about the other guy. The reason he gave was enough for me to block him!!!! He said he'd met someone normal.....fecking cheek ey?? "

trading down is indeed a shit excuse...

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"I've been cancelled on twice this week One was genuine and I'm happy to rearrange, not so sure about the other guy. The reason he gave was enough for me to block him!!!! He said he'd met someone normal.....fecking cheek ey??

Did he maybe mean a vanilla girlfriend?"

Yes I think so Ahhh well....

Clearly doesn't know "normal" is boring

Unless he is a transplant surgeon on call 24/7 .There is no reason to cancel last minute due to work.

Some of you guys are very trusting and nice people. Don't let foolish people take advantage of you.

"Unless he is a transplant surgeon on call 24/7 .There is no reason to cancel last minute due to work.

Some of you guys are very trusting and nice people. Don't let foolish people take advantage of you.

"

Could be a fireman on call, plumber/electrician on call, locksmith, plenty of jobs.

It's happened to me a few times and I'm pretty suspicious of it to be honest so haven't given them another chance but would like to know what other people think..?yes he had no intention to meet he probably hasn't even got a job "

And you base that assumption on what?

Your own standards?

Bit harsh to say he probably doesn't have a job when you know nothing about it!

"Unless he is a transplant surgeon on call 24/7 .There is no reason to cancel last minute due to work.

Could be a fireman on call, plumber/electrician on call, locksmith, plenty of jobs."

Yes , but a smart person would not schedule a meet on the days/nights they're on call.

Could be a fireman on call, plumber/electrician on call, locksmith, plenty of jobs.

Yes , but a smart person would not schedule a meet on the days/nights they're on call. "

I have but made it clear I could be late/not make it but then I am pretty dumb

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

The fact he let you know and asked for more dates could be positive.

I had a meet arranged for tonight. I'd met him before and we had worked out what we planned to do. Then silence....

Luckily someone way nicer showed up

The first guy will not get another chance.

Yes , but a smart person would not schedule a meet on the days/nights they're on call.

I have but made it clear I could be late/not make it but then I am pretty dumb "

No , that's ok. If you said that he could make back up plans.

"I've been cancelled on twice this week One was genuine and I'm happy to rearrange, not so sure about the other guy. The reason he gave was enough for me to block him!!!! He said he'd met someone normal.....fecking cheek ey??

Did he maybe mean a vanilla girlfriend?

Yes I think so Ahhh well.... "

hey he must be mad green fingers

I've been let down so many times I'm philosophically immune to being let down

By *i1971Man  over a year ago

Cornwall

As has already been said, depending on the job, it is possible that he could be called away fairly last minute. But he should have made that clear from the outset. Go with your gut feeling as to whether or not to give a second chance

It usually means he's not a swinger, but rather, a married guy looking for an affair. Swingers aren't cheaters and cheaters are notorious for flaking out. Could be that he got guilt induced cold feet, masturbated and got it out of his system or that his wife sent him on a chore.

Either way, don't take it personal. His loss ultimately and you're probably better off having not met him.

By *airy_HettyWoman  over a year ago

Greater London

"It usually means he's not a swinger, but rather, a married guy looking for an affair. Swingers aren't cheaters and cheaters are notorious for flaking out. Could be that he got guilt induced cold feet, masturbated and got it out of his system or that his wife sent him on a chore.

Either way, don't take it personal. His loss ultimately and you're probably better off having not met him."

With re to your first paragraph, how do you back that up?

"We've been chatting for a few weeks and he cancelled this morning. Asked me to come up with some other dates and was v apologetic. I know this can happen but makes me a bit wary as you just don't really know who people are on here and I don't want to get messed about. "

If he`s suggested others dates, then give him another chance. Could be a genuine excuse today. If he cancels again, then block and move on.

By *opinovMan  over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

"Yeah but you're not a man..!"

Wow... such misandry.

I've had this happen to me. From couples and single females. I've had people cancel due to work and illness. Luckily for me before I've had to travel or I've not had far to travel. Its those that go quiet a day or a few hours before that you come to realise are time-wasting.

Op I would give him another chance. At least he managed to let you know, even if it was short notice. He may be genuine. But definitely no third chance!

If someone cancelled (ie let me know before I'd started to get ready) then I'd give them a second chance as real life will get in the way sometimes...there are lots of things more important than a shag!

If he'd just not turned up, or cancelled once I'd set off/expected him to arrive then it's very unlikely I'd bother to attempt to arrange a second chance.

If he's cancelled and not grovelled and rearranged I'd move on to someone more reliable......there are a few of us out here

I've had to cancel meets due to the unpredictability of my job before....hate having to do it and always give as much notice as I can. Sadly real life rears its head from time to time and when its happened most guys are very understanding.

By *rtemisiaWoman  over a year ago

Norwich

I do think that some guys just satisfy themselves at the very idea of a meet, but once they've wanked themselves silly at the thought of it, they chicken out of the real deal. Some, but by no means all.

By *ighting17thMan  over a year ago

Bodmin

Possibly a case of nerves but I think a lady deserves more respect and consideration than that x

» Add a new message to this topic