FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Normal people please :D

Normal people please :D

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I thank the Lord I have a good internal alarm system, aka intuition, otherwise I'd be moaning about flaky people, sympathy seekers, manipulators and no shows .

Ok a partial oxymoron.

To get to the point though, how good is your intuition?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Very good, been doing this a long time and it's increasingly easier to spot the time wasters and idiots

I wouldn't claim to be totally cynical but I must admit that if alarm bells ring then full cynicism comes on board, and it serves me well.

However I so feel sorry for those people who are totally trusting and others abuse that.

So far think I've done ok. Had the odd one or two that have managed to let me down (both on FAB and in real life) but don't think anyone can claim a 100% success rate! On the flip side though guess there's a chance I've missed out on some fun times because the bullshit alarm may have gone off to early, but better safe than sorry

Not so much my intuition but a range of skills to enable me to make an informed judgement...(28 years of working in psychiatry often helps...)but I do have a good instinctive sense of people on top of it...

"So far think I've done ok. Had the odd one or two that have managed to let me down (both on FAB and in real life) but don't think anyone can claim a 100% success rate! On the flip side though guess there's a chance I've missed out on some fun times because the bullshit alarm may have gone off to early, but better safe than sorry "

I have ignored the alarm a couple of times... silly me

We have been lucky and not been stood up or messed about, all arranged socials or play meets have been succesfull, sometimes get the feeling through messages and profiles that somethings not right so have backed away, if it feels right we do it and if it doesnt we dont

Mine's pretty good after experiencing a catalogue of oddballs and bullshit! I suppose you have to see it as just part of the ride, or learning experience at the very least...

pretty good

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

The longer I'm on here the better it gets. It's always been pretty good in real life face to face but took a bit longer to tweak it in internet-land

"The longer I'm on here the better it gets. It's always been pretty good in real life face to face but took a bit longer to tweak it in internet-land "

I'd watch u tweak it anyday

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"The longer I'm on here the better it gets. It's always been pretty good in real life face to face but took a bit longer to tweak it in internet-land "

I agree. I might not get as many meets as when I started, but I am enjoying myself much more.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Very, never had a no show or let down in nearly seven years. Also I'm extremely astute as people will tell you.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"Very, never had a no show or let down in nearly seven years. Also I'm extremely astute as people will tell you."

I can vouch for this (having turned up when agreed ) and it was quite uncanny

By *bony in IvoryCouple  over a year ago

Black&White Utopia

We are both on point with our intuition, and have an excellent sence of smell for bull shit and crap...We treat others exactly how we expect to be treated.... Works well for us

Mine's rubbish as I'm far too trusting. I've encountered strange ones and no shows a fair bit but, alas, no matter how I try not to, I have a trusting nature

"Mine's rubbish as I'm far too trusting. I've encountered strange ones and no shows a fair bit but, alas, no matter how I try not to, I have a trusting nature "

Do you minimise the fall out by having meets set up in your comfort zone? Do you talk on the phone to them (no hidden numbers)?

Apart from one huge mistake by going against my intuition that I live to regret and still cringe when I think about it for being so stupid, I have not done too badly.

Same here!

By *anny PepperoniMan  over a year ago

Matlock

Mine is brilliant I tend to know instantly whether we'll be a good match. Unfortunately often their intuition isn't as finely tuned as mine and they usually reply saying I'm not their type. Or more frequently still just delete my messages.

Having been on here a few years my bullshit radar is pretty good. I can usually tell if someone is genuine when they have read my profile, understood it and have met me socially. I find by insisting on a social meet first that will out the instashag men. I don't meet as often due to this but when I do they are quality meets.

"Mine's rubbish as I'm far too trusting. I've encountered strange ones and no shows a fair bit but, alas, no matter how I try not to, I have a trusting nature "

I have similar experience however the shutters are going up now and I will be less trusting in future. No one else is going to look out for me.

Wish mine was better

I can spot crazy a mile away but sometimes it's fun to just go with it.

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Mine gets more finely tuned with experience.

In the begining I had learning experiences which now have helped me in knowing what is most likely to be real and also work for me.

I still get it on occasion a little wrong and chalk it up to experience.

I love the site, the friends and lovers that I have made and I am grateful for all the fun I can have through it.

» Add a new message to this topic