FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > post meet etiquete

post meet etiquete

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Had a fabulous time with a guy today and he seemed to enjoy himself too. We chatted about meeting again. I have sent a message stating what a lovely time I had and know that it has been read but for some reason I am being ignored for the last 3 hours. I am not going to cry into my cornflakes if he doesn't want to meet again but a simple reply is only good manners isn't it? Or am I expecting too much?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ause and EffectCouple  over a year ago

Southampton

I don't know how quickly he messaged you in the past, but perhaps he has other things going on in his life?

I often read messages but don't have time to reply in the way I'd like - so will do so when it's more convenient. I wouldn't take it personally as there could be a million reasons / things going on

Tx

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Your take on it is that you've been ignored for three hours which is a very negative way of looking at things. He could be busy, might be with someone there are loads of reasons why three hours could pass in which he had no opportunity to reply.

Hm thanks. My own insecurities I suppose x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If he likes you he will reply

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

"I don't know how quickly he messaged you in the past, but perhaps he has other things going on in his life?

I often read messages but don't have time to reply in the way I'd like - so will do so when it's more convenient. I wouldn't take it personally as there could be a million reasons / things going on

Tx "

This

"If he likes you he will reply"

And if he didn't like you he should have the decency to say so

Yeah we used to take the 'ump if we didint get a reply for a few hours- until we realised we do it ourselves when life gets in the way of fabswingers, People arent always online either even if the profile says they are.

By *uby0000Woman  over a year ago

hertfordshire

I always thank them for a lovely time and they usually return

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Hm thanks. My own insecurities I suppose x"

Maybe but you will cause yourself a lot of grief if you put this spin on things. Wait until you meet a guy who next day becomes user no longer on site lol, if you don't laugh and shrug it off you're finished.

Maybe hes seen

"Profile Not Available

This member has hidden their profile".

and thinks youre hiding from him!

"Maybe hes seen

"Profile Not Available

This member has hidden their profile".

and thinks youre hiding from him! "

We message via what's app so it's not this but thanks x

"Had a fabulous time with a guy today and he seemed to enjoy himself too. We chatted about meeting again. I have sent a message stating what a lovely time I had and know that it has been read but for some reason I am being ignored for the last 3 hours. I am not going to cry into my cornflakes if he doesn't want to meet again but a simple reply is only good manners isn't it? Or am I expecting too much? "

If he reads the forums and realises that within a few hours of meeting you are starting threads about being ignored he may feel less inclined to reply at all, just a polite thought

I usually send round a red rose every day for the next year after a meet. I also have a star named after them. Not unusual for me to have a marching band play several Stevie Wonder songs in their front garden. Anything less than this is disrespectful.

"I usually send round a red rose every day for the next year after a meet. I also have a star named after them. Not unusual for me to have a marching band play several Stevie Wonder songs in their front garden. Anything less than this is disrespectful.

"

"I usually send round a red rose every day for the next year after a meet. I also have a star named after them. Not unusual for me to have a marching band play several Stevie Wonder songs in their front garden. Anything less than this is disrespectful.

"

can you send a couple of vases, im running out

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

You seem a bit too needy in my opinion - surely it was nsa sex - he's under no obligation to reply - manners notwithstanding - i'd just get on with my day knowing i'd had a lovely time. Z

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"Had a fabulous time with a guy today and he seemed to enjoy himself too. We chatted about meeting again. I have sent a message stating what a lovely time I had and know that it has been read but for some reason I am being ignored for the last 3 hours. I am not going to cry into my cornflakes if he doesn't want to meet again but a simple reply is only good manners isn't it? Or am I expecting too much? "

Do you reply to all your messages straight away?

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

Whoop, whoop whoop!

Sorry, that was my bunny boiler alarm going off.

ive seen me not reply to text messages or emails for days on end! doesnt mean im not interestecd just means i was busy when i read them and i forgot to reply

"You seem a bit too needy in my opinion - surely it was nsa sex - he's under no obligation to reply - manners notwithstanding - i'd just get on with my day knowing i'd had a lovely time. Z"
i agree sorry

"

Wow. Methinks the OP looking for lurve!

can you send a couple of vases, im running out "

Don't be greedy. It's been over a year and don't forget I did name that new species of frog I found in the Amazon after you. Jeeeez some people!

Maybe he has one of those 'life' things that can get in the way sometimes.

I often quicky read messages and if I'm busy I will reply later the same night. Some think its ignorant but its not.

By *rV..Man  over a year ago

HEANOR

over thinking is a ball ache ,

3hours is no time at all. My FB will sometimes read messages but can't always reply as is in RM & sharing accommodation with other guys. And if a guy walks in he will just shut Internet down.

I've been in chat room chatting to A N Other when my mum has knocked my door, just closed Fab down with no warning.

Stop worrying about it. Xxx

He'll reply the next time he's horny

looks like a single guy is getting his own back on single women by not replying to their messages and pushing them into making 'no replies are just rude' threads lol

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

Three hours?!! How dare he!!!

I've had enjoyable meets with people and said let's do this again. Other things come up, other people I'm more interested in...it happens.

London

"Hm thanks. My own insecurities I suppose x

Maybe but you will cause yourself a lot of grief if you put this spin on things. Wait until you meet a guy who next day becomes user no longer on site lol, if you don't laugh and shrug it off you're finished."

London

"Had a fabulous time with a guy today and he seemed to enjoy himself too. We chatted about meeting again. I have sent a message stating what a lovely time I had and know that it has been read but for some reason I am being ignored for the last 3 hours. I am not going to cry into my cornflakes if he doesn't want to meet again but a simple reply is only good manners isn't it? Or am I expecting too much?

If he reads the forums and realises that within a few hours of meeting you are starting threads about being ignored he may feel less inclined to reply at all, just a polite thought "

This!

Needy after one meet would put me off contacting. Met a guy for a social meet. I walked home (10 minutes)he took the train. When out I have my phone on silent and never walk and talk.

By the time I got home I had about ten messages. The first, thanking me for meeting him and putting him at ease etc, the last, had I used him for a free meal is that why I was ignoring his texts!

Suffice it to say I never played with him: needy and clingy I can do without!

London

"

Marching band?!! No philharmonic?!! Tight bastard!

London

"You seem a bit too needy in my opinion - surely it was nsa sex - he's under no obligation to reply - manners notwithstanding - i'd just get on with my day knowing i'd had a lovely time. Z"

By *issy louWoman  over a year ago

Staffordshire Moorlands

Chill girl...you are coming over as a bit bunny boiler-ish and thats never a good look!

Oh dear.... This isn't going to end well...

Perhaps it was just sex? Nothing makes a man more likely to run for the hills than a text frenzy!

By *ark Gr8 Teddy BearMan  over a year ago

Wigan

From my experience on here you're asking for too much to expect a reply to a message. It seems the norm to delete and block.

By *ohohoWoman  over a year ago

Up North

OP. I can see where you are coming from. However I have been on this site longer than you now and have learnt a few things.

Referring to your post. Most men will be at your beck and call prior to a meet. Responding straight away, being very attentive etc. post meet is a different matter. The goal and excitement building up to meeting is gone. You both had fun. But the intensity now dies down.

I like you, send a message saying how much fun I had. Some respond quickly, some a lot lot later. Some just when they want a meet again. The dynamics of the relationship between you both will have changed.

You quickly learn to just enjoy the experience you had together for what it was. Have your next adventure lined up and you won't notice how long it takes for someone to message you back after a meet, as you are building up the excitement for your next one.

Welcome to the forums and keep on posting. Xx

London

"OP. I can see where you are coming from. However I have been on this site longer than you now and have learnt a few things.

Referring to your post. Most men will be at your beck and call prior to a meet. Responding straight away, being very attentive etc. post meet is a different matter. The goal and excitement building up to meeting is gone. You both had fun. But the intensity now dies down.

I like you, send a message saying how much fun I had. Some respond quickly, some a lot lot later. Some just when they want a meet again. The dynamics of the relationship between you both will have changed.

You quickly learn to just enjoy the experience you had together for what it was. Have your next adventure lined up and you won't notice how long it takes for someone to message you back after a meet, as you are building up the excitement for your next one.

Welcome to the forums and keep on posting. Xx"

"Had a fabulous time with a guy today and he seemed to enjoy himself too. We chatted about meeting again. I have sent a message stating what a lovely time I had and know that it has been read but for some reason I am being ignored for the last 3 hours. I am not going to cry into my cornflakes if he doesn't want to meet again but a simple reply is only good manners isn't it? Or am I expecting too much?

If he reads the forums and realises that within a few hours of meeting you are starting threads about being ignored he may feel less inclined to reply at all, just a polite thought "

hmm...bunny rabbits n pans of water spring to mind

» Add a new message to this topic