FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Would appreciate a critique.

Would appreciate a critique.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *opinov OP   Man  over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

Hi.

In addition to being a member here, I've been fairly active elsewhere too for quite some time and I have an idea of what I'd like to present - but I've never had the balls to ask others how my profile comes across until now... and, even now, I do so with some hesitation.

As a rather shy person, I've always found it quite a task to put a profile together. If it doesn't sound dowdy it sounds vain, and if succinct and honest it might appear stern or haughty - I know it's as much in the mind of the reader as anything else but it seems quite a delicate balance to strike.

I hope I don't come across as unbalanced but I have an idea that there may be something off-putting in my profile as I've been here, sending the odd message and wink (if that's the correct thing to do), for quite a while with absolutely no success or response whatsoever. I haven't the first idea what it might be, though it must be something since there are plenty of people local to me whose requirements I appear to meet. On the other hand I suppose it might simply be that, as a male playing on his own, the odds are stacked very much against me.

Anyway, if you don't take umbrage at the request, I'd be most appreciative of any constructive criticism you might care to offer.

Thanks,

Kop.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What a lovely polite articulate post! Makes a refreshing change. I'd made a decision to stop responding to requests for profile advice as in the vast majority of cases the advice was ignored but I'll make an exception in your case.

I like the profile. Says a lot about you, what you like and what you can offer. Good to see you like petite brunettes! Constructive advice is that it is a bit long so think about making it more concise and definitely put some more public pics up. You look like you have a good body so flaunt it. Drop the legal warning at the.end as it's pointless. You're only looking for women and they are very much in the minority on here. Good luck. Ms

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I agree with the Mrs above! I was going to be sworn away from these type of posts, but you actually do have a half decent profile (people might not believe the fact you have permission, but your always going to get that!)

And another petite brunette here

Add a few more body shots and if your messages are the same as your profile, I can't see you having too much trouble compared to the average single bloke, so good luck!

Point Nemo, Cumbria

Thank you both very much for taking the time and getting back to me - and doubly so for complimenting my body. I was unsure about whether to classify myself as "athletic" or "average" - it's a extremely subjective categorization and very much depends upon one's self image. I decided to err on the safe side and went for "average" - I'd hate to finally meet someone only for them to be disappointed.

I was a little concerned that it might be a bit wordy, so I did cut it down a bit. I think I might precis it a bit more now. I added the legal warning at the end because I'd noticed something similar on others' profile - I presumed it was necessary. Now that you mention it, it does seem a bit stuffy, so I'll cut that too.

I'll try to get a couple more photos to put up too.

Kop xx

PS - you wait months for a petite brunette and then two turn up at once - typical!

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

DAMN! Straight!

I've tried saying the name fast but it sounds as it says. Well written profile and a well written post.

No StarWars advice for you, my young apprentice.

I know a lady in Cumbria...

Scotland - Aberdeen

"

PS - you wait months for a petite brunette and then two turn up at once - typical! "

Just like buses But we are here!

Brighton - even Hove!

"

PS - you wait months for a petite brunette and then two turn up at once - typical!

Just like buses But we are here! "

I bet he wants to board you both..... and go for a loooongggg ride

Point Nemo, Cumbria

Thanks Steve.

I've nothing at all against LGBs, by the way - in real life, many are very dear to me - and one or two are among my greatest heroes (I'm can be a bit of a geek at times so I think it's an utter disgrace how the authorities treated Alan Turing, for example). It merely happens not to be my thing - nothing more and nothing less, as I'm sure you understand.

Point Nemo, Cumbria

Gosh Minx ... ummm... I'd never accuse you of being in any way like a bus - other than for a certain desire to board you - for fear(ish) of being disciplined...

Point Nemo, Cumbria

... oh god - did I just say that aloud?

Brighton - even Hove!

"Thanks Steve.

I've nothing at all against LGBs, by the way - in real life, many are very dear to me - and one or two are among my greatest heroes (I'm can be a bit of a geek at times so I think it's an utter disgrace how the authorities treated Alan Turing, for example). It merely happens not to be my thing - nothing more and nothing less, as I'm sure you understand. "

LGB? Large Green Buses?

I'm a profile critic/advisor/naff suggestion giver and I don't meet men.

"DAMN! Straight!

I've tried saying the name fast but it sounds as it says. Well written profile and a well written post.

I know a lady in Cumbria..."

If you say the name fast it sounds like - I want to be copping off. At least that is what I think.

Point Nemo, Cumbria

"I'm a profile critic/advisor/naff suggestion giver and I don't meet men."

OIC

Just another example of my talent for getting the wrong end of the stick... doh!

Brighton - even Hove!

"DAMN! Straight!

If you say the name fast it sounds like - I want to be copping off. At least that is what I think. "

oh...I get it...my accent makes pronouce all letters so i could only say it as it was. just fast.

Point Nemo, Cumbria

"If you say the name fast it sounds like - I want to be copping off. At least that is what I think. "

Kaboom-tsh!

Brighton - even Hove!

"I'm a profile critic/advisor/naff suggestion giver and I don't meet men.

OIC

Just another example of my talent for getting the wrong end of the stick... doh! "

I am bisexual though ahahahahahhhahahaha

Point Nemo, Cumbria

OIC

Just another example of my talent for getting the wrong end of the stick... doh!

I am bisexual though ahahahahahhhahahaha "

Oh humph!... now you're making fun of me.

Scotland - Aberdeen

"Gosh Minx ... ummm... I'd never accuse you of being in any way like a bus - other than for a certain desire to board you - for fear(ish) of being disciplined...

"

Your ok, I'm Sub!

Point Nemo, Cumbria

"Gosh Minx ... ummm... I'd never accuse you of being in any way like a bus - other than for a certain desire to board you - for fear(ish) of being disciplined...

Your ok, I'm Sub! "

Ooooh, yum yum Switch with overtones of Dom.

Brighton - even Hove!

OIC

Oh humph!... now you're making fun of me. "

No, just having a laugh.

Scotland - Aberdeen

Your ok, I'm Sub!

Ooooh, yum yum Switch with overtones of Dom. "

But it is our secret

Point Nemo, Cumbria

Your ok, I'm Sub!

Ooooh, yum yum Switch with overtones of Dom.

But it is our secret "

Indeed, as you like.

To be honest, I was tempted to go into a bit more detail about some of the things I enjoy in my profile but I thought it best to allow people to fill in the gaps as they saw them - or ask if something wasn't clear. Mind you, I suppose my stories (URLs at the foot) could say something about that too - especially the second one.

I'm still a bit shy about contacting people and sending friend requests so I've ended my profile with an invitation for them to make the first move. I've no idea if that's going to be very effective but I've read quite a bit about women disliking the amount of vacuous messages in their inboxes. I'd like to get to know some people but, on the other hand, I'd hate to be a nuisance - though I might still try sending the odd wink just to see what happens.

Point Nemo, Cumbria

OIC

No, just having a laugh. "

I thought you might have been but I'm so clueless at times that I invariably end up bumbling about looking silly.

Brighton - even Hove!

OIC

No, just having a laugh.

I thought you might have been but I'm so clueless at times that I invariably end up bumbling about looking silly. "

Better than fumbling about and being proved right.

By *issy louWoman  over a year ago

Staffordshire Moorlands

Change your body type to athletic....that deffo aint average!

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

"DAMN! Straight!

I know a lady in Cumbria..."

I wonder who that might be, Steve???

Brighton - even Hove!

"DAMN! Straight!

I wonder who that might be, Steve??? "

You only meet quality studs how could I be sure he was up to your high standards?

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

"DAMN! Straight!

I wonder who that might be, Steve???

You only meet quality studs how could I be sure he was up to your high standards? "

My high standards? Pulse and a penis...and the former is negotiable

Point Nemo, Cumbria

"Change your body type to athletic....that deffo aint average! "

Thanks.

I do try to keep myself in shape but I'm the first to admit I'm nothing like as athletic as I used to be. These days, I'd describe myself as somewhere between athletic and average - but their isn't an option for that, so I just plopped for average to be on the safe side.

» Add a new message to this topic