FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Time waster or scammer.

Time waster or scammer.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *usie49 OP   TV/TS 3 weeks ago

Richmond

I thought I would share an experience, either as a warning to others or to get others experiences.

I make a point of only meeting people who have verifications, and almost always only meet at club first time around, however, I got message from a guy who seemed genuine, he posted his face pic on profile and a mobile number, which surprised me as he stated he was married, but that’s his look out.

A few alarm bells rang though and had niggling feeling, I told him I was going to Ted’s in Fulham Sun eve, a well-known TV and admirer club, he said he only lived 5 min walk but was too nervous to go to a club, so we agreed I would go to his place for 9.30pm.

We exchanged messages on the day, he asked me for my mobile number, I will never give that out to people who I have not met, he asked a couple of times and said we must trust each other, my mobile is issued by work so will never give it out.

More messages exchanged, then he said he couldn’t meet until 10:30pm as had a phone call with his wife and kids who were on holiday in France at 10pm, another alarm bell, his profile said he was of an age where I would have expected his kids to be early teenagers, I would not expect them to be awake at 11pm for phone call with dad.

He sent me a post code, but not address, it was close Teds so headed there for 10:15, we exchanged messages again, I asked if he was still ok for 10:30, said he had just come off phone and was getting a shower, would be 10 min, I asked for address, he didn’t give it and 20 min later I messaged him, he responded by telling me he was too nervous to meet, said I didn’t trust him and I should have given my mobile number as sign of trust, I refused and have now blocked him, have taken a screen shot of his profile first though, he has now removed his mobile from profile, I headed to Teds and had a great evening there.

So having time to think about this, was he a time waster, a bottler, or genuine who felt I should have given him my number, OR, was he a scammer, using Fab to lure unsuspecting people into giving them there mobile number leaving them open to harassment or worse.

I have should have stuck to my rules, from now on will do so rigidly, so if you do message me then show you have read this by putting “Susie wears her dresses tight” in subject line, I will not respond if you don’t, no offence but once bitten etc.

Would welcome others opinions or experiences and hope this is a warning to others is faced with same.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *akHeartWoodMan 3 weeks ago

Crawley

The main thing is what YOU'RE comfortable with. If it doesn't feel right it probably isn't. What's the worst that can happen if you don't give him your number or address?

And what about if you do?

By *inky_ragnarCouple 3 weeks ago

Peterborough

Never give details you are not comfortable sharing. There are loads of time wasters here, an unfortunate thing we all have to deal with.

By *lowupdollTV/TS 3 weeks ago

S. Herts

Sorry but a grown ass adult telling me he’s too nervous to go to a club would be the end of the convo as far I’m concerned.

By *bi HaiveMan 3 weeks ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

I think you already know what you should have done and I'd be surprised if anyone says any different. You saw the red flags and were suspicious.

But on the plus side you'd agreed to meet somewhere where a no show wouldn't have meant additional cost or travel - at a club where you could have a hood time anyway. Always the best plan.

Never worth breaking your own rules just for sex.

By *lik and PaulCouple 3 weeks ago

Flagrante

"Sorry but a grown ass adult telling me he’s too nervous to go to a club would be the end of the convo as far I’m concerned. "

Agree with this...we get this all the time...no, if you're not man enough to go on your own then we wouldn't be interested.

By *issmorganWoman 3 weeks ago

Calderdale innit

Always go with your gut instincts op. If something feels off, it usually is, stick to your own ways of meeting and you won't go far wrong.

By *heelerMan 3 weeks ago

Northants

Scam getting off chatting to you.Though I do question why you were wary of something suspicious you agreed to go to his place

By *rpeggioCouple 3 weeks ago

Baughurst

Too many hoops and hurdles. Sudden delays and changes of plan, Insistence on specific requests without explaining why or giving reasonable alternatives... All red flags.

Impossible to know if scammer or time waster but you did right not giving up your number. It's not needed. The trust thing is nonsense. You were communicating perfectly through here. Why the need for a phone number?

And even if the meet goes well, after that people are unpredictable and can do damage to you with your phone number.

By *ir tootusMan 3 weeks ago

Burton-on-Trent

"Sorry but a grown ass adult telling me he’s too nervous to go to a club would be the end of the convo as far I’m concerned.

Agree with this...we get this all the time...no, if you're not man enough to go on your own then we wouldn't be interested. "

I'm honeslty excited to go, yeah sure nerves might kick in but it won't last.

Nice glass of rum and does the trick for me

By *essTTWoman 3 weeks ago

Birmingham

"Sorry but a grown ass adult telling me he’s too nervous to go to a club would be the end of the convo as far I’m concerned. "

Tbf I am too nervous to go to a club on my own

However if I was speaking to someone who only met in clubs I would respect that and wouldn't try and persuade them to change their mind to suit me

By *lowupdollTV/TS 3 weeks ago

S. Herts

"Sorry but a grown ass adult telling me he’s too nervous to go to a club would be the end of the convo as far I’m concerned.

Tbf I am too nervous to go to a club on my own

However if I was speaking to someone who only met in clubs I would respect that and wouldn't try and persuade them to change their mind to suit me"

Which is fine and fair. I’m taking more from a specific pov I guess ie a M too nervous to go to a club (where the tv has the bottle to go there in a frock or whatever). It’s just a bit absurd and 99.99 times it’s an excuse.

By *onyHoveMan 3 weeks ago

Brighton

Always trust your instincts. Sounds like you had reservations all through the contact. Stay safe x

» Add a new message to this topic