FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Profile critique/advice, please?

Profile critique/advice, please?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *atyric0n OP   Man 4 weeks ago

Ipswich

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to this community and I'm really struggling to get replies: I do get some, but they're rare and far between.

I should point out ghat my "opening" messages are polite, friendly, and almost always include a face picture. I even got a few compliments about them, from some members/couples whom I am actually chatting with. Yet, I mostly get ignored/ghosted.

I wonder if it's just a numbers game, or if there's something "off" about my profile. I do realize that there are a lot of personal preferences involved, but maybe there are some universal red flags I'm not aware of?

Thank you all in advance for your time and replies.

Xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *nytime2023Couple 4 weeks ago

Gloucestershire

Hi OP. Yes, numbers play a large part. You are one of 1000’s of single guys on here and most are looking for very similar things.

Our opinion, for what it’s worth, pictures are decent (almost artistic) Profile reads ok but the last paragraph is negative. If you send your face to people on a first message, that’s your choice. You cannot expect others to return one just because you sent one. Hope that makes sense.

The biggest thing that would stop us interacting with you would be not being able to accommodate. Biggest red flag 🚩 going. If there is a genuine reason why you can’t, perhaps explain it in your profile. Otherwise, us, like many many others, will assume you’re cheating. To some, that’s not an issue but for most it would be because they don’t want the drama.

You also state you’ve been swinging before so perhaps elaborate on what you’ve done.

Clubs and socials are by far the best way but they also don’t suit everyone. Hope this helps and good luck with it. V&K x

By *wendolineFoxWoman 4 weeks ago

Chester

Agree with above, it reads well until the last paragraph; I wouldn’t message you based on that because it reads as pretty aggressive to me, even if I were happy to send a face pic (which I am not without at least a bit of back and forth). But, if it’s important and you want to filter people out - leave it!

By *allySlinkyWoman 4 weeks ago

Leeds

I have never sent a face pic with a first message. I prefer to chat a bit first. So the "instant block" if I don't supply one would stop me messaging or replying.

Ipswich

Thank you all for your feedback, you do raise some valid points (I'll spare you the mental process which led me to these choices), and I will edit the profile accordingly.

By *inaTitzTV/TS 4 weeks ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Only two public pics seems like a missed opportunity to sell yourself

By *ussexcouple40Couple 4 weeks ago

Sussex

"A recent face picture will be required upon initial interaction"

Good luck with that x

Ipswich

""A recent face picture will be required upon initial interaction"

Good luck with that x"

Yeah, I noticed. XD

By *rsKOTCTWoman 4 weeks ago

Leeds

Your profile is actually decent op, maybe have a look at some local social events/clubs.

By *rimson_RoseWoman 4 weeks ago

Tamworth

I think it’s a good profile OP - I assume you’ve made some tweaks (which is also good to see).

Ipswich

"I think it’s a good profile OP - I assume you’ve made some tweaks (which is also good to see).

"

Why, thank you. And yes, I've actually took in all the feedback, and tweaked the profile accordingly. 😇

» Add a new message to this topic