FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Getting very few messages

Getting very few messages

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oxyandFire OP   Couple 7 weeks ago

Birmingham

I have been on this site before in the past with other patners and we alawys got loads of messages and winks around 5-10 per day etc, however our current profile is totally dead in comparison to any others I have had, can anyone please tell me what is wrong with it? It only get a few messages a month if that.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *wendolineFoxWoman 7 weeks ago

Chester

You’re very clear what you want - which is good, but don’t really explain what you can offer. And I guess be careful of being so prescriptive that good matches unnecessarily rule themselves out.

By *ancelot1633Man 7 weeks ago

weybridge

As above, you are clear who you’d like to meet. It’s a small subsection of the fabber community and that maybe limits the number of messages. Certainly nothing wrong with the profile or those fabulous pics.

By *ames250122Man 7 weeks ago

Worcester

"I have been on this site before in the past with other patners and we alawys got loads of messages and winks around 5-10 per day etc, however our current profile is totally dead in comparison to any others I have had, can anyone please tell me what is wrong with it? It only get a few messages a month if that."

There nothing really that wrong with it from what I can see on your profile. You have some great photos, though maybe adding a few more recent pictures might help. Your intro good but you maybe add a bit more information in your intro on your profile about you both, what you both enjoy or are looking to explore next and with whom. So if your more interested in meeting couples or singles, if singles (m/f). As mentioned though I don’t think there anything wrong with your profile, those are just suggestions that may help with what is already there.

Looking at your profile as it is I would have definitely messaged you both as your near to me and tick all the boxes, the only reason I didn’t is out of respect as I noticed your looking for toned and athletic types and sadly that’s not me. However I don’t want to discourage you from having that in your profile as I think it’s important to be honest and say what you prefer to save wasting yours and the senders time. You also shouldn’t ever compromise what you want and like either to get more attention as there nothing wrong with having preferences (we all do). Hope that helps ? x

By *icecouple561Couple 7 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

You're probably getting messages from people who feel they fit the description on your profile.

Asking for humility, class and toned physique is going to limit the number of people compatible with you. That's not to say you're wrong to ask.

By *andPextraCouple 7 weeks ago

North West

Nothing wrong with it per se.

It a double edged sword; you COULD write more to draw people in in terms of greater detail around exactly what you are looking for, caveated with the issue that 95% of people don't realise profiles have words as well as pictures

By *aomilatteCouple 7 weeks ago

Midlands

The lack of verifications will put some off. If you go to a social or club and get a few it may help. Be aware that probably less than 5% of people on here have toned physiques so that will really reduce who you're compatible.

By *illan-KillashMan 7 weeks ago

London/Sussex/Surrey/Berks/Hants

"You're probably getting messages from people who feel they fit the description on your profile.

Asking for humility, class and toned physique is going to limit the number of people compatible with you. That's not to say you're wrong to ask."

Precisely why I wouldn't message, I'm not who they are looking for. And neither is a good percentage of the site.

I'd say the profile is filtering out exactly who they don't want which is exactly what it should do.

No grey areas, I think it's a great profile, nothing wrong with it at all.

By *lack Orchid 0204Man 7 weeks ago

Leeds

If you're not getting too many folks messaging ...be proactive go search for those who interest.. afterall you know better than anyone who and what you seek

Effort in reward out

By *urreyNotSoNewbiesCouple 7 weeks ago

Surrey

We’re not in your age range but a lack of veris and not much profile text would make us reluctant to message. As a previous poster has said, best to make the first move yourself as you know what you’re looking for x

By *urBucketlistCouple 7 weeks ago

Rio's Spa

Your requirements for toned and athletic combined with you both being smokers probably limits your options significantly. However that doesn't mean your profile is bad just the reality of your requirements.

By *ewCoupleHXCouple 7 weeks ago

Halifax

8 months and no veris on display will be a pass from us without even looking at rest of the profile.

If you have decent veris, consider displaying summary at the very least.

By *icecouple561Couple 7 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"You're probably getting messages from people who feel they fit the description on your profile.

Asking for humility, class and toned physique is going to limit the number of people compatible with you. That's not to say you're wrong to ask.

Precisely why I wouldn't message, I'm not who they are looking for. And neither is a good percentage of the site.

I'd say the profile is filtering out exactly who they don't want which is exactly what it should do.

No grey areas, I think it's a great profile, nothing wrong with it at all. "

Exactly, concise and to the point.

By *ames250122Man 7 weeks ago

Worcester

"Nothing wrong with it per se.

It a double edged sword; you COULD write more to draw people in in terms of greater detail around exactly what you are looking for, caveated with the issue that 95% of people don't realise profiles have words as well as pictures "

Hahaha that made me chuckle, though appreciate it must be frustrating for the recipients

By *uenevereWoman 7 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

I can only repeat what others have said.

Finding a compatible couple is hard at the best of times.

Wanting only those with an athletic physique, and being smokers, will significantly reduce your pool of potential meets.

I am part of a couple and we find that clubs work best for us.

By *ood fun seekerMan 7 weeks ago

Horncastle

"I have been on this site before in the past with other patners and we alawys got loads of messages and winks around 5-10 per day etc, however our current profile is totally dead in comparison to any others I have had, can anyone please tell me what is wrong with it? It only get a few messages a month if that."

Your messages is blocked to most I would think won't let me message you???

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple 7 weeks ago

Leeds

Asking for humility, class and toned physique is going to limit the number of people compatible with you. That's not to say you're wrong to ask."

This, there's only so many that'll fall into this, I wouldn't message as I don't.

Mrs

By *iss.ddWoman 7 weeks ago

Leeds + Newcastle

"

Your messages is blocked to most I would think won't let me message you??? "

Their message filters stop at 45 and you are 62, that will be why you can't message them

By *xploringus2Couple 7 weeks ago

essex

Not enough dic pics lol

By *allySlinkyWoman 7 weeks ago

Leeds

I imagine it's hard to find people with both humility and class.

By *oiluvfunMan 7 weeks ago

Penrith

Perhaps people locally recognise you from being here with previous partners, so don’t think you’re going to be around for long again….

Perhaps less people are attracted to women with tattoos than you thought…

Unblocking single guys will definitely up your messages/winks tally…

How about YOU make the first move on profiles instead of just sitting back and expecting it all to come to you….?

By *bi HaiveMan 7 weeks ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

As has been mentioned, 8 months on site and no veris is probably going to reduce interest moreso than anything in the words or visuals.

Even a well written, visually impressive profile will struggle after a while if it appears to be one that doesn't actually meet.

By *assiieneilxMan 7 weeks ago

Newcastle under lyme

"I imagine it's hard to find people with both humility and class.

"

Oh contraire

By *viatrixWoman 7 weeks ago

Redhill

Your potential “play pool” so to speak is quite limited- in age, physique, etc. So therefore there will be fewer people messaging.

It’ll probably be better that you both scan profiles and message those of your preference.

By *lossomTreeWoman 7 weeks ago

Ipswich

Even my inbox has been super quiet lately, any meets I've had have been where I initiated contact.

Speaking as a single woman though, I'd automatically assume an 8 month old profile was a single male and disguise and wouldn't be interested.

Either that or a couple who are playing at swinging and don't/won't do meets.

By *ngermungerMan 7 weeks ago

Surrey

Maybe because you have blocked men messaging you

By *otPoshorBecksCouple 7 weeks ago

Harrow & Algarve, Portugal

Like many others have said….. you have an exact type of couple you want, you have a strict age range and you don’t have verifications.

We are older and not as athletic and get messages and we send out multiple messages and get replies.

Sometimes we don’t get replies and that’s okay too xx

By *inkycougar1Woman 7 weeks ago

Newport

I find I get more messages when I post pictures or videos. Looks like the last time you posted anything was in December, maybe add some more pics

By *elkieWoman 7 weeks ago

Durham

I’m not your demographic, but: there’s grammatical errors. You say you’re into clubs but have no veris so I assume you haven’t been to any. And fab is a very different place now to the one it was five years ago and far fewer people meet privately.

I also think asking for humility will put people off. You screen for arrogance by meeting people, surely, and by reading tone in messages?

By *unchalMan 7 weeks ago

Dartford

Only a guess and I my own insecurities might be showing but I suspect you look a little bit too intimidating. Very lovely, both of you, but…

By *essTTWoman 7 weeks ago

Birmingham

"Maybe because you have blocked men messaging you "

Because they're obviously not interested in men

By *essTTWoman 7 weeks ago

Birmingham

I'm not your type so my opinion probably doesn't count

But a couple on here for 8 months and not verified would put me off, plus the lack of profile text.

Other than your physical likes there isn't really anything that tell us what you like/are into x

By *illan-KillashMan 7 weeks ago

London/Sussex/Surrey/Berks/Hants

"Maybe because you have blocked men messaging you "

Maybeeeee, if you'd read their profile you'd have seen the bit that says "not looking for single men"

By *eachesdorisWoman 3 weeks ago

Birmingham

I think adding more pictures/videos on a regular basis would probably boost interest.

By *viatrixWoman 3 weeks ago

Redhill

What everyone else has said, you seem to be very attractive but you’re limiting your pool to be a very small one. Also with age limits- I’m too old to message you (and not toned, haha)

Nothing wrong in any of it, but that explains why you may have only a few messages.

By *oleene HoneybeeWoman 3 weeks ago

on the naughty side of the street

I'm not your type so would respect your choices.

You have been on here for over 8 months with one verification and it's hidden.

This is a red flag for most on here

So as many above have suggested,

Get your little Butts to socials and clubs meet people.

The site is so busy, if your

a couple or single man have to work at getting that attention

By *eachesdorisWoman 3 weeks ago

Birmingham

"I'm not your type so my opinion probably doesn't count

But a couple on here for 8 months and not verified would put me off, plus the lack of profile text.

Other than your physical likes there isn't really anything that tell us what you like/are into x"

I'd agree with this.

By *rDuracell88Man 3 weeks ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

"I'm not your type so would respect your choices.

You have been on here for over 8 months with one verification and it's hidden.

This is a red flag for most on here

So as many above have suggested,

Get your little Butts to socials and clubs meet people.

The site is so busy, if your

a couple or single man have to work at getting that attention

"

Agree get to a club. Much better for meeting people.

By *ouple3334MFCouple 3 weeks ago

birmingham

We would rule out messaging on the toned athletic part as we don’t see ourselves as that. No point sending a message when you don’t feel you fit the criteria. Others may not fall in to certain things you are looking for so don’t send a message to expect rejection maybe

By *harAndBryCouple 3 weeks ago

nr Stamford

"We would rule out messaging on the toned athletic part as we don’t see ourselves as that. No point sending a message when you don’t feel you fit the criteria. Others may not fall in to certain things you are looking for so don’t send a message to expect rejection maybe "

Exactly this - you seem like the perfect couple for me (Bry doesn't get very involved) but I think the majority of people on this site don't consider themselves toned or athletic....me definitely!

(Char)

» Add a new message to this topic