FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Deleted messages

Deleted messages

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *herryblossom_BJ OP   Woman  over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

Why do people get upset by them?

My inbox gets very disorganized if I don't declutter. I keep people on my hot list or check sent messages to keep in touch with people I want.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

It's a million dollar question, I won't worry about it and those that do obviously haven't grown up

By *rFoxAndXenoCouple  over a year ago

Weymouth

I ask myself this most days! Truly wish it wouldn't show to the sender if their message was deleted, it just causes hassle.

We don't check our sent box to chase people up, usually to find convos we've lost. We've been ignored by tonnes of women, couples and sometimes men too but it's barely even a blip on the radar

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I prefer a message to be deleted than just read if it's deleted you know their not interested

I have absolutely no idea why people get upset about it, it's normally a good indicator that the person you have messaged isn't interested or there inbox is over flowing and they haven't got time to go though them all, either way if someone deletes my message I move on happily with my life and don't bother messaging them again

Only issue for me is that it can be ambiguous. If it's read and then not replied to, that's a clear no. Unread and deleted, I don't know if they've just not had time and done a mass delete.

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

"I have absolutely no idea why people get upset about it, it's normally a good indicator that the person you have messaged isn't interested or there inbox is over flowing and they haven't got time to go though them all, either way if someone deletes my message I move on happily with my life and don't bother messaging them again"

Not true in my case. I just delete everyone's messages regardless how hot i think they are. I deleted my actual fab meets. They haven't complained to me about it though lol

"I prefer a message to be deleted than just read if it's deleted you know their not interested "

"I have absolutely no idea why people get upset about it, it's normally a good indicator that the person you have messaged isn't interested or there inbox is over flowing and they haven't got time to go though them all, either way if someone deletes my message I move on happily with my life and don't bother messaging them again

Not true in my case. I just delete everyone's messages regardless how hot i think they are. I deleted my actual fab meets. They haven't complained to me about it though lol"

If you do like you say and put the people that you like on your hot list and then message them when your ready I bet there pleasantly surprised to receive your message, if it was me I wouldn't complain about you deleting my initial message but I'd totally use it as a bit of banter,

People you have already met aren't going to complaint though they have already met you

By *ackbydemandMan  over a year ago

Leicester

Everyone administers their inbox to their own liking, people shouldn't be offended. If it's a problem of losing a conversation thread, it will come back next time they reply anyway.

OP I really enjoy your forum threads, they are considered and intelligent, personal messages are fine, but we get a good idea of who you are from here as well.

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

"I have absolutely no idea why people get upset about it, it's normally a good indicator that the person you have messaged isn't interested or there inbox is over flowing and they haven't got time to go though them all, either way if someone deletes my message I move on happily with my life and don't bother messaging them again

Not true in my case. I just delete everyone's messages regardless how hot i think they are. I deleted my actual fab meets. They haven't complained to me about it though lol

If you do like you say and put the people that you like on your hot list and then message them when your ready I bet there pleasantly surprised to receive your message, if it was me I wouldn't complain about you deleting my initial message but I'd totally use it as a bit of banter,

People you have already met aren't going to complaint though they have already met you "

I chat to my fab meets using different communication platform anyways but none of them ever asked why i deleted their messages.

I think I had too many debates with men who initially i was interested in, they find out i deleted their messages, then assume I'm not interested. If i wasn't interested, i wouldn't be asking them questions to get ready for a meet? I duno why they get so hung up about it

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

"I prefer a message to be deleted than just read if it's deleted you know their not interested

"

In my case, it's not true at all. I am interested. I just like a clean inbox! Lol

I'll only reply to messages now, which is not often as mine get ignored or deleted I don't take it personally

People you have already met aren't going to complaint though they have already met you

I chat to my fab meets using different communication platform anyways but none of them ever asked why i deleted their messages.

I think I had too many debates with men who initially i was interested in, they find out i deleted their messages, then assume I'm not interested. If i wasn't interested, i wouldn't be asking them questions to get ready for a meet? I duno why they get so hung up about it "

I didn't want to just assume that was the case that if you had met them you would be using a different platform to communicate most people do but not all,

The other guys you delete the messages to are probably thinking you have lost interest and no longer wanting to meet them, thats what I would think and I'd leave it at that, you could actually use what you do as a judge of character if they start getting shitty with you then you know there probably not worth meeting and if they politely ask why you deleted them or didn't say anything at all then you know they might actually be OK

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

I think I had too many debates with men who initially i was interested in, they find out i deleted their messages, then assume I'm not interested. If i wasn't interested, i wouldn't be asking them questions to get ready for a meet? I duno why they get so hung up about it

I didn't want to just assume that was the case that if you had met them you would be using a different platform to communicate most people do but not all,

The other guys you delete the messages to are probably thinking you have lost interest and no longer wanting to meet them, thats what I would think and I'd leave it at that, you could actually use what you do as a judge of character if they start getting shitty with you then you know there probably not worth meeting and if they politely ask why you deleted them or didn't say anything at all then you know they might actually be OK"

Yeah lots of things can be a great filter to avoid wasting your time with timewasters and not nice people

By *ixieAndHerKingCouple  over a year ago

Debauchery

We delete messages too. We save the ones where we want to keep in touch with people but we keep the inbox for messages we need to review / reply to.

Hades

we delete straight away when we get a message that doesn't interest us.... why keep them?

OP, from reading numerous threads re similar topics, i think its safe to say, if you are a woman on here, the following statements are accurate:

You read a message, dont reply....guys get upset.

You read a message, dont reply, delete the message...guys get upset.

You dont read a message....guys get upset.

You dont read a message, delete it...guys get upset.

You read a message, reply saying thanks but no thanks...guys get upset.

You read a message, reply, start a conversation, but don't respond quickly...guys get upset.

You read a message, reply once, but dont reply to the next message immediately...guys get upset.

I think i can see a pattern emerging there!!!

"OP, from reading numerous threads re similar topics, i think its safe to say, if you are a woman on here, the following statements are accurate:

You read a message, reply, start a conversation, but don't respond quickly...guys get upset.

You read a message, reply once, but dont reply to the next message immediately...guys get upset.

I think i can see a pattern emerging there!!!"

This is so true

By *r SpiegalMan  over a year ago

gateshead

My preference would be for message to be deleted because it can be thought of as thinking about chatting.

I always take it as if they like the pic and want to chat they will chat.

By *ornywelsh2sumCouple  over a year ago

Neath valley.

"OP, from reading numerous threads re similar topics, i think its safe to say, if you are a woman on here, the following statements are accurate:

I think i can see a pattern emerging there!!!"

Good reply

I have absolutely no preference, the ladies can do whatever it is they want with the messages whether that be leave them on unread, read and leave them as they are or just delete, it's entirely up to them to do whatever it is that works for them. Who are we to tell them how they should use there inbox?

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

Good reply "

Lol so true i stopped deleting my messages last few days and saying no thanks to some who written me essays or continued to if it's a no..do far nobody thrown their toys out of the pram

Good reply

Lol so true i stopped deleting my messages last few days and saying no thanks to some who written me essays or continued to if it's a no..do far nobody thrown their toys out of the pram "

Ok so you have me interested to know is it still running smoothly or have you had any dummies spat out at you?

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

I delete messages all the time, for instance if they haven't replied after a couple of days. If they are really interested they'll msg, the ones who want to, will.

I never take any notice of my sent messages.

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

Good reply

Lol so true i stopped deleting my messages last few days and saying no thanks to some who written me essays or continued to if it's a no..do far nobody thrown their toys out of the pram

Ok so you have me interested to know is it still running smoothly or have you had any dummies spat out at you? "

I couldn't keep it up. My ocd couldn't cope! Lol but noone complaining..yet

Good reply

Ok so you have me interested to know is it still running smoothly or have you had any dummies spat out at you?

I couldn't keep it up. My ocd couldn't cope! Lol but noone complaining..yet"

Same reason I try not to look in my sent box to many yellow messages, and I don't even send that many messages

By *oelDorianMan  over a year ago

vanaheim

I take it on the chin and move one but what I hate is those that message you and if you don’t message them back fast enough they spit their dummy out and tell you that you’ve missed out. Also yes genuinely had that happen to me the other month I didn’t respond fast enough because I was having a shower

By *ornywelsh2sumCouple  over a year ago

Neath valley.

We are not after single guys now due to a lot of abuse when we first joined and thats why the block is up. But we do chat to a few on here due to replying to forum posts who we have had and still do have lovely chats with. Its the others that puts me off removing the block. Id love to just chat with guys on here wven though we are not looking to meet them but i know the chat will lead to sex chat and a no thank you will lead to more abuse ect. Sad times really as i do enjoy talking to the opposite sex.

By *ootprints1629Couple  over a year ago

somewhere in moray

"Why do people get upset by them?

My inbox gets very disorganized if I don't declutter. I keep people on my hot list or check sent messages to keep in touch with people I want."

Because they are not mature enough to be rejected therfore shouldn't really be on a website like this...just ignore it.

By *r SpiegalMan 3 weeks ago

gateshead

It will be because men get so little replies on fab but not an excuse for any kind of abuse.

Deletes don’t bother me but read and no replies are hard to judge where I have replied and got my head bitten off or instant block.

By *ngel-ishWoman 2 weeks ago

Colchester

Well I had no idea the sender could see the message has been deleted

By *ndtheswingersMan 2 weeks ago

colchester

"Well I had no idea the sender could see the message has been deleted "

Because no one deletes your messages silly

Wait. One person quite probably

By *idden Gem69Woman 2 weeks ago

north lanarkshire

"It will be because men get so little replies on fab but not an excuse for any kind of abuse.

Deletes don’t bother me but read and no replies are hard to judge where I have replied and got my head bitten off or instant block. "

Why? If someone doesnt reply they are obviously not interested whys that hard to judge?

Colchester

"Well I had no idea the sender could see the message has been deleted

Because no one deletes your messages silly

Wait. One person quite probably "

Loving bitchy Mike!

By *amegal2Woman 2 weeks ago

surprise

So if I delete a message on my side..... It's deleted from the other person's side too?

Colchester

Apparently so!

By *oelDorianMan 2 weeks ago

vanaheim

I believe so

By *idden Gem69Woman 2 weeks ago

north lanarkshire

"So if I delete a message on my side..... It's deleted from the other person's side too?"

No it will show deleted on their end

By *exysoldier90Man 1 week ago

Suffolk

"Why do people get upset by them?

My inbox gets very disorganized if I don't declutter. I keep people on my hot list or check sent messages to keep in touch with people I want."

What's also frustrating is being locked by someone you don't know

» Add a new message to this topic