FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Winking protocol?

Winking protocol?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *stbury Davenport OP   Man  over a year ago

Nottingham

Forgive me if this is codified somewhere else; I haven't been able to find anything formal.

Someone winks at me. Great! Amazing!

I wink back. It's met with silence.

Should I message them?

It's cool if not. It doesn't feel like my turn in the interaction, after all. I can't currently tell what's expected in these circumstances, however, and one dares to hope.

Thoughts?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

I don’t think there’s much of an etiquette with a wink, to be honest. In my opinion, treat it like you’re in a bar, either wink back and if there’s no reaction go and have a chat, so send a message.

When I get winks, if I like the person I’ll send a message rather than wink. Something simple like; ‘thanks for the wink, anytime you fancy a chat, please reply to this message, if not happy fabbing’ as you never know if they’ve sent it by mistake.

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

I don’t even check winks tbh ...... always forget they’re there

By *orth_hantscplCouple  over a year ago

camberley

We occasionally wink other people if we like the look of them but maybe haven’t got loads of info on their profile. If as a single guy you get a wink I’d suggest they’re expecting a message back rather than another wink. You do it however you feel best though.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

When I get winks, I tend to wink back and message. I think it's only fair to assume their wink was a sign they are happy to interact. (The only times I don't respond like that are when I can tell from their profile that a winker and I won't be any sort of match.)

By *addyBabygirl2020Couple  over a year ago

norwich

If we get a wink from a guy we like we will message back.

If unsure about them we will wink back and see what there opening message is like.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If I wink it means I like your profile, if I get a wink back will send a message.

If I get a wink I will message and see where it goes. If I then get nothing from the message I just leave it alone as they obviously don't like what they see.

By *olidOak85Couple  over a year ago

Yorkshire

"Forgive me if this is codified somewhere else; I haven't been able to find anything formal.

Someone winks at me. Great! Amazing!

I wink back. It's met with silence.

Should I message them?

It's cool if not. It doesn't feel like my turn in the interaction, after all. I can't currently tell what's expected in these circumstances, however, and one dares to hope.

Thoughts? "

I'd message them if I were you. I'm a winker, usually when I don't have time to write a message.. Xxher

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

I think it’s fair to say, in all the years I been on Fab, nothing came from a wink.

By *ickdasterdly51Man  over a year ago

Lingfield

Yes, message them! Single men get few enough leads on here, don't waste any opportunity!

By *stbury Davenport OP   Man  over a year ago

Nottingham

Thank you very much to all of you who've taken the time to offer advice on this. Looks like I should spend today trying to compose some thoughtful and respectful first messages!

I'm aware that my cautiousness may have counted against me here, but I'd rather be too careful and miss out than be too forward and upset anyone.

» Add a new message to this topic