FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Spain > Supermarket Flirting

Supermarket Flirting

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *osh bitch n horny OP   Couple 3 weeks ago

Warrington

Supermarket Flirting

The Latest Trend in Spain! 🍍💘

Alright, everyone, buckle up because we’re about to dive into the latest (and possibly greatest) flirting trend in Spain – Mercadona dating! We know many of you aren’t necessarily looking for a Spanish novio or novia, but when we heard about this, we just had to share it with you. It’s too good to keep to ourselves! 😅

Here’s how it works:

1. Grab a shopping cart. This is essential – no cart, no love connection! 🛒

2. Place a pineapple backwards in your cart. Yes, the pineapple is your love signal. 🍍

3. Head straight to the wine aisle – this is where the magic happens. 🍷

4. Now, the big moment: casually bump your cart into someone else’s cart who also has a backward pineapple. If they don’t have one, they’ll probably think you’re a little loco, but hey, it’s all in good fun! 😆

5. Prime Time: The best time to try your luck? Between 19:00-20:00 – when everyone’s picking up those last-minute dinner essentials and maybe, just maybe, looking for a little extra company. 😉

Advantages:

We have to admit, this beats online dating apps in so many ways:

• No filters, no lies! You see the person exactly as they are, fresh from the veggie section.

• Healthy vibes: You can check out how healthy their diet is before you even say “Hola!” A cart full of veggies? Yes, please. A cart full of junk food? Maybe not so much.

• Cheaper and more efficient: No app fees, no endless swiping – and you’re getting your grocery shopping done at the same time! Win-win!

Disadvantages:

To be honest, we’re now a bit scared (and curious) to go to Mercadona for wine. Although, if you’re looking for a cheap but decent white wine, “El Pescaito” is one of our faves – less than 2€ and perfect for dinner. But rest assured, we won’t be buying any pineapples for now (happily married life and all). 😂

But seriously, what’s your take on supermarket dating? Are you ready to try out this fruity flirting method? Just remember, if you go to Mercadona today, you’re going to have that catchy “Mercadoooona-Mercadoooonaaaa” jingle stuck in your head – sorry, not sorry! 😜

#MercadonaDating #SupermarketFlirting #SpanishLoveAffairs #BeSpainSavvy #PineappleLove #MercadonaVibes #GroceryRomance

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ustjimmykerryMan 3 weeks ago

Limerick

Wow, this is brilliant, like you said,it beats dating apps,and a shopping trolly full of goods is a great way to get to get a read on someone. The only problem now is that if the trend is so well known,then it will be supermarkets full of single men

By * nice oneMan 3 weeks ago

north east

Think I’ll set up a stall hiring out pineapples

By *tirlingbenMan 3 weeks ago

Stirling

Spot me being subtle. A basket oh so casually over one arm containing lube, condoms, wet wipes, After Eight chocolates and a pineapple

By *eatycockswukMan 3 weeks ago

Radstock

I'll be in Torrieveja from the 20th, going to give this a go!

if nothing happens, I love fresh pineapple and a drop of vino never goes amiss!

By *he Masked SwingersCouple 3 weeks ago

Maspalomas

We seen this the other week. By all accounts is now a real thing! In our Mercadona we always see people we have met in clubs. We need to go down at 19:00/20:00 and see it ourselves haha

By *untogetherCouple 3 weeks ago

Malaga, Spain, Not in U. K.

I've read that it's been getting a bit out of hand in some Mercadadonas and the staff are removing the pineapples from the shelves.😂

Also, I don't think anyone has told them that the upsidedown pineapple is a swinger thing 🤭

By *lovisMan 3 weeks ago

Twickenham

Mercadona also sells half pineapples - presumably this is for soft swingers?

By *ornucopiaMan 3 weeks ago

Bexley

Does one dump the pineapple near the checkout to avoid having to but it?

By *ornucopiaMan 3 weeks ago

Bexley

(buy it)

By *he only Essex coupleCouple 3 weeks ago

Essex

Do you think this could happen in Hiper Dino in Pdi ???

By *os1Man 2 weeks ago

maspalomas

I've been in Mercadona Meloneras for three days in a row between 7 and 8 am and I haven't seen anything strange in the wine aisle 🍷 hahaha

By *tarflyMan 2 weeks ago

Alicante Spain

How about Consum ? Will it work there ?

By *ablicker69Man 2 weeks ago

UK

Apparently soft fruit in your basket to show that you’re after a one night stand and tinned stuff to show you want a long term thing.

And apparently you other supermarkets are a thing too.

By *tirlingbenMan 2 weeks ago

Stirling

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c8rx2xvj237o

A Spanish craze encouraging single people to seek partners in supermarkets by using a fruit-based code has caused some chaotic scenes and even led to the police being called to restore order.

In recent days, many single Spaniards have been drawn to branches of supermarket chain Mercadona between 7pm-8pm by claims they can find romance at that time, particularly if they put a pineapple upside down in their shopping trolley.

The phenomenon seems to have been driven in great part by the actor and humourist Vivy Lin, who posted a video on TikTok of her pushing a trolley around a Mercadona store talking about the supposed window.

“The time to hook up in Mercadona is 7pm to 8pm,” she said.

By *ebsandkevCouple 2 weeks ago

Crowborough

In pdi at the mo what's all the fussy about just go to secrets and don't need a pinapple lol but might try it at tesco when we get home hehehehe

By *bz-MaleMan 2 weeks ago

Aberdeen

Echoing my thoughts D&K… now keeping an eye out in my local Tesco… this could become a thing at home as well 🤣

Mind you an added benefit is that a pineapple a day, will keep it tasting fruity 😉

By *ornucopiaMan 2 weeks ago

Bexley

"Echoing my thoughts D&K… now keeping an eye out in my local Tesco… this could become a thing at home as well 🤣

Mind you an added benefit is that a pineapple a day, will keep it tasting fruity 😉"

Something in the recesses of my mind tells me there was a movement afoot to go looking for more than groceries in Tesco a few decades ago on Wednesday evenings.

..Have I got the day and the venue right?

By *atEvolutionCouple 2 weeks ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club Stoke

According to (website removed), Lidl has sent a message to all its customers in Spain entitled: "La hora del amor" (the hour of love).

It went on to say, "In this mass mailing, the company invites their customers who are looking for love to come between 6pm and 7pm with a watermelon in your trolley" as a sign that they are looking for a partner.

» Add a new message to this topic