FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Spain > Gran Canaria - PDI - When/where to go

Gran Canaria - PDI - When/where to go

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *wingingPair69 OP   Couple 34 weeks ago

Ely

We are looking for advice and information on the best times to go to GC and where to stay.

Thanks in advance!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *andystick72Man 34 weeks ago

kinky Street

I went 4 times last year ,end of march ,June,,July, and Sept even bumped into people from chams in McDonald's on maspolomos beach lol

Ely

Where's the best places to stay? We've always thought winter time Oct - Feb was the best time to go?

By *andystick72Man 34 weeks ago

kinky Street

"Where's the best places to stay? We've always thought winter time Oct - Feb was the best time to go?"

I always stay in the rui but I've heard there are hotels that are mainly for swingers if that's what you looking for ,I'm sure gold is 1 of them

By (user no longer on site) 34 weeks ago

I think it depends on what youre looking for. If you want it to be busy and scorchingly hot then summer is best but price does go up aswell.

Personally we like to holiday in May or September. Its usually easy to book those dates from work, temp is mid 20 degrees, its just before the peak season so not too busy and the prices are discounted for being off peak. But it does make the nightlife dead as the bars and clubs arent as busy.

By *igswingindMan 34 weeks ago

Abroad

High season for swingers is end of Sep to beginning of November

By *andy 1Couple 34 weeks ago

northeast

the last two years we have been in jan and its been very bizzy

By *uboCouple 34 weeks ago

East kilbride

From a swinging point of view, late Feb through to mid April and Oct-Nov are easily the busiest times.

Summer months can be too hot in some clubs and also some clubs close for holidays.

By *parkybunnyCouple 34 weeks ago

Zurich. NOT London.

"Where's the best places to stay? We've always thought winter time Oct - Feb was the best time to go?

I always stay in the rui but I've heard there are hotels that are mainly for swingers if that's what you looking for ,I'm sure gold is 1 of them "

Gold is not a swingers hotel. Those are Venus Star Resort, SW Paradise Resort and La Mirage.

We find March and September great. October is a very British time in Resort, depends who or what you are looking for?

We also visit fir Xmas/New Year which is always busy.

We find school holidays are quiet for lifestyle guests as it's families, several places also close for July & August

By * an M..Couple 34 weeks ago

Shaftesbury

Winter pride , 2nd week of November is good. Greenfields hotel is cheap, has a good naked roof terrace. We are flying out again tomorrow for a week.

Eden club and fun4all are best. Xx

By *ifemale32GGWoman 34 weeks ago

Telford

"Where's the best places to stay? We've always thought winter time Oct - Feb was the best time to go?

I always stay in the rui but I've heard there are hotels that are mainly for swingers if that's what you looking for ,I'm sure gold is 1 of them

Gold is not a swingers hotel. Those are Venus Star Resort, SW Paradise Resort and La Mirage.

We find March and September great. October is a very British time in Resort, depends who or what you are looking for?

We also visit fir Xmas/New Year which is always busy.

We find school holidays are quiet for lifestyle guests as it's families, several places also close for July & August"

Gold has got a pineapple on the website and doesn’t show up in the main searches on Jet2 holidays but you can still book it as a package if you type in the name of the hotel. Seems to me like they are marketing it at swingers and it gets a lot of mentions on here at the moment. I hope it is as I’ve booked there. lol. 7-14 April.

Ely

Have to let us know what Gold is like!!

Ely

We would be looking to enjoy the full lifestyle experience lol

Are there good places to book those hotels or is it best to book direct with them as cannot find them anywhere tbh on package holidays etc

May aswell book direct.

Tip for you. I find with 5 star resorts if you book direct (rather than booking dot com or a package) theyre always willing to do extra for you and give freebies. They see you as someone who could become a repeat customer rather than someone looking for a good deal.

On my last trip we stayed at sheraton in furteventura and we were given a free upgrade to a room with a jacuzzi and they decided to not charge us for dinner. All i had to do was ask and they were very willing to sort it out because i booked with them direct.

By *parkybunnyCouple 34 weeks ago

Zurich. NOT London.

"We would be looking to enjoy the full lifestyle experience lol

Are there good places to book those hotels or is it best to book direct with them as cannot find them anywhere tbh on package holidays etc"

For the full lifestyle experience you would need to stay at a Swingers Resort. So Venus Star, SWParadise or La Mirage. All can be booked direct.

We wouldn't use a secondary booking site and always book direct and then book flights to suit.

Gold doesn't have a naturist area and is not a swingers gotel. It's an adult hotel where some swingers stay.

By *hippedcreamCouple 34 weeks ago

Outer London

GOLD - overrated overhyped overpriced

Outer London

I'd suggest booking close to Cita Centre. We take day trips to Venus, SW Paradise and La Mirage giving us choice and variety.

You don't need 5 Star concierge service, it's PDI, its about being out partying, the accommodation is just to sleep.

We happily book apartments, there are plenty of places around to eat, and who wants to be tied to meal times.

Also, hotels can have desk staff policing 24hrs, we've walked couples into our apartment freely with keycard access

By *ixenandhoundCouple 34 weeks ago

Plymouth, South west

We stayed at the abora catarina, not a swinging hotel but has an adult naked rooftop sunbathing terrace. We chose to go to a non swinging hotel so we had a change but there are so many swingers clubs and bars that you really are spoilt for choice. We loved the comeback bar and secrets, but there are lots in and around the cita centre.

By *inkybuggersCouple 34 weeks ago

leicester

[Removed by poster at 31/01/24 02:15:05]

By *inkybuggersCouple 34 weeks ago

leicester

We're going there in a few weeks, really looking forward to it

By *unloversCouple 34 weeks ago

rotherham

[Removed by poster at 31/01/24 03:18:16]

By *oute69 gcCouple 34 weeks ago

playa del ingles,gran canaria, apartments Tamaran, Avenida Tirajana

[Removed by poster at 31/01/24 03:54:09]

By *oute69 gcCouple 34 weeks ago

playa del ingles,gran canaria, apartments Tamaran, Avenida Tirajana

"I'd suggest booking close to Cita Centre. We take day trips to Venus, SW Paradise and La Mirage giving us choice and variety.

You don't need 5 Star concierge service, it's PDI, its about being out partying, the accommodation is just to sleep.

We happily book apartments, there are plenty of places around to eat, and who wants to be tied to meal times.

Also, hotels can have desk staff policing 24hrs, we've walked couples into our apartment freely with keycard access "

Ely

Any recommendations on apartments etc instead of hotels? We would be happy to stay wherever as long as it was nice and we could relax and chill too

We've just returned from our first stay. We found Venus perfect for our wants and needs (naked sunbathing, relaxed fun with people playing with their partners/others all around the pool, chilled out vibe, great staff, good restaurant and pool bar, sexy people spotlessly clean, great mix of nationalities) and all being well, will return in March. They also have day visitor passes, Thursday for the foam party was great fun if you just want to try it out for your first visit. If you want to book there, go direct to them, it's cheaper.

In Cita (which is a 10€ cab drive away) Comeback Bar was great for meeting other British fabbers, before moving on to other places...there are many great quality clubs, busier nights are definitely Friday and Saturday. Our favourite place was Fun4All. It depends on what/who you're looking for from a night out though ...

By *xposedInTheMaleMan 34 weeks ago

Cap d'Agde

"We are looking for advice and information on the best times to go to GC and where to stay."

To be honest, that's a bit like asking where's the best place to stay in London. Lots of different people will give you lots of different answers, but it all depends what you're looking for.

Are you party people, or chilled relaxers? Do you want a full-time swinging experience, or something you can dip in or out of? Do you prefer sunbathing on the beach, or by the pool? All-inclusive, or self-catering? Fine dining, or cheap and cheerful? Early nights, or late?

But the good news is you probably can't go far wrong - you'll have fun whatever you do. Trying things can be half the fun.

By *heMystroMan 34 weeks ago

Dublin

[Removed by poster at 01/02/24 08:54:14]

By *heMystroMan 34 weeks ago

Dublin

"Any recommendations on apartments etc instead of hotels? We would be happy to stay wherever as long as it was nice and we could relax and chill too"
Playa Del Sol apartments are central. Beside Yumbo and 2 mins in a taxi from Cita. They have nudist roof terrace and a pool area with bar. Always booked up fairly early. Go direct to their site and not through b::king to check price

Outer London

"Any recommendations on apartments etc instead of hotels? We would be happy to stay wherever as long as it was nice and we could relax and chill too"

As a previous post said, it depends on what you want. Lots of couples don't know, they'll book next to Yumbo because that area sounds popular. ?? It's popular for drag shows and mm couples.

By night, swinging couples will go to the Cita Centre a lot, swing central. Daytimes we also enjoy chilling at the Tipsy Hammock beach bar area, and its adjacent kiosk 3 nude beach area.

So it makes sense for us booking an apartment directly between Cita and Tipsy Hammock, that's what we do. We pop to Tipsy in 6-7 min walk, Cita in 3-4 mins. Easy.

Lot's don't think about where to stay geographically, people book a hotel north of Yumbo because breakfast sounded good, or book some place out in Sonneland.

You can look at the "Wheel", the circular road between Cita and Tipsy. It's full of pool apartments if that's what you want.

By *athnBobCouple 34 weeks ago

sandwell

We always use airbnb tbh. Trouble is it is hard to recommend anywhere as they are all individual listing and availability will vary. We have never managed to stay anywhere more than once. "Lets book XXXX again" ..."oh, already booked for our dates"

Taking a good look at the photos will often give you more information than the written blurb.

Use the map function to give an indication of how much walking/taxi you will have to do.

Keep an eye on the cancellation policy as some are way more generous than others.

You get what you pay for. If you pay budget don't expect an all singing and all dancing smart TV in the living room and do expect the apartment to be in need of some TLC. Reading the reviews can help here.

We always look for somewhere with some outdoor space (preferably private) which pretty much limits us to bungalows although there are few with private roof terraces.

Some owners are very helpful (on one occasion overly so) whilst others are very hands off. Luck of the draw.

By *xybumWoman 34 weeks ago

East Kilbride

"Any recommendations on apartments etc instead of hotels? We would be happy to stay wherever as long as it was nice and we could relax and chill too

As a previous post said, it depends on what you want. Lots of couples don't know, they'll book next to Yumbo because that area sounds popular. ?? It's popular for drag shows and mm couples.

By night, swinging couples will go to the Cita Centre a lot, swing central. Daytimes we also enjoy chilling at the Tipsy Hammock beach bar area, and its adjacent kiosk 3 nude beach area.

So it makes sense for us booking an apartment directly between Cita and Tipsy Hammock, that's what we do. We pop to Tipsy in 6-7 min walk, Cita in 3-4 mins. Easy.

Lot's don't think about where to stay geographically, people book a hotel north of Yumbo because breakfast sounded good, or book some place out in Sonneland.

You can look at the "Wheel", the circular road between Cita and Tipsy. It's full of pool apartments if that's what you want."

I stayed at the wheel last year, small apartments called guatiza, really modern, clean and quiet! 5 mins walk to cita aswell

Outer London

" I stayed at the wheel last year, small apartments called guatiza, really modern, clean and quiet! 5 mins walk to cita aswell

"

You're right it is pleasantly quiet - no through traffic.

I forgot our 'playpouch" (condoms etc) trotted back from Cita for it, was back at the bar in just 10mins! Perfect.

By *earhartCouple 34 weeks ago

melton mowbray

We're going for 3 weeks in October

Hopefully see some of you guys there

Yvonne

By *exyjellytotsCouple 34 weeks ago

home of the dragon

1st of June for a group of us

By *air4pleasure2023Couple 34 weeks ago

Glasgow

We are just back from PDI on Tuesday, stayed at El Palmar through jet2, very nice apartments just 5 mins walk from Yumbo and Cita.

We have been 4 times in the last year and every other time stayed up near the Irish quarter so about 15 mins walk from Yumbo and a further 10 to cita, but it doesn’t matter where you stay really, taxis are cheap and plentiful, the Yumbo is great for eating out whilst Cita has swingers clubs and bars , but it’s all an easy walk away.

Not forgetting Eden (our favourite club) which although a bit away from the others is still only a 5 euro cab ride away.

By *ran_can_twoCouple 34 weeks ago

"I'd suggest booking close to Cita Centre. We take day trips to Venus, SW Paradise and La Mirage giving us choice and variety.

Also, hotels can have desk staff policing 24hrs, we've walked couples into our apartment freely with keycard access "

we do this as well!! Self catering apartment close to the Cita centre and eat out !!

By *teveO999Man 34 weeks ago

Swindon

Come along with euroeurphia

By *redyyorkshireMan 34 weeks ago

Bridlington

Heading to Gold By Marina in a few weeks any advice afternoons maybe evenings please.

By *exyjellytotsCouple 20 weeks ago

home of the dragon

Places to visit please guys 3 couple travelling over for few days.

By *redyyorkshireMan 20 weeks ago

Bridlington

What you looking for?

By *weetcplCouple 20 weeks ago

mid town

We are staying in Gold, late July, early August

By *redyyorkshireMan 20 weeks ago

Bridlington

Gold is very good adults only, not a swingers but very close to the clubs and Yumbo!!

By *halynmCouple 20 weeks ago

Anytown

We are staying gold in September. Close to cita etc and chances are we won’t be the only swingers at the hotel x

By *oneBySundayLunchCouple 20 weeks ago

Broughton

100% agree. Breakfast at Gold is 18 euro each, and I'm sure it's nice but it does seem a bit steep when you have a cheeky Pepe Chiringo left-over kebab in the fridge haha

By *everFullyDressedCouple 20 weeks ago

Belfast

"Breakfast at Gold is 18 euro each, and I'm sure it's nice but it does seem a bit steep "

It’s 18 euro if you have breakfast/brunch each day but you don’t book in advance….if you book breakfast when you check in for the duration of your stay it’s 12 euro a day…..tick the ‘breakfast included’ option when you book your jet2 package or similar it’s 9 euro a day or thereabouts….

Breakfast is served 8-12…..great selection….poolside tables and bottomless cava/Prosecco and graze from the buffet all morning…..Mr makes the most of it and goes for coffee and fruit at 8am….eggs and bacon at 10am…..Prosecco from 11am…lol (lunch not required after all that!!)

By *weetcplCouple 20 weeks ago

mid town

Looking forward to staying in Gold, heard great reviews,

By *ekezza and BilfCouple 19 weeks ago

Gloucester

Just arrived yesterday, soaking up the sun today and out for an explore of the beach tomorrow

Gloucester

Beach and dunes a bit of a dud, probably day and time of day

By *xybumWoman 19 weeks ago

East Kilbride

"Beach and dunes a bit of a dud, probably day and time of day"

Where were you? And what exactly did you expect?

Gloucester

Around the kiosk 4 area, frankly anything, aside from a lizard and a bloke who was having a piss, not a sausage.

By *xybumWoman 19 weeks ago

East Kilbride

"Around the kiosk 4 area, frankly anything, aside from a lizard and a bloke who was having a piss, not a sausage."

Ok, the playa del ingles side I never go further than kiosk 3 as that’s the nudist one, never seen any action in the dunes , I never look though. From faro side I think the swingers kiosk is 7? I’m sure someone else can confirm this. I know the dunes are patrolled and police hand out fines to anyone being naughty but I don’t think they are there all day?

By *ree2goodhomeMan 19 weeks ago

bingham

"Around the kiosk 4 area, frankly anything, aside from a lizard and a bloke who was having a piss, not a sausage."

Kiosk 3 is the nudist beach..there will be plenty nudists in the dunes but very unlikely any action...kiosk 7 is where the swingers hang out mostly..not much chance of seeing any action unless it's discreetly

By *atgirlknobinCouple 19 weeks ago

york ish

PDI is a big place so best advise is pick your location near to the beach , cita is a short walk away then and the best kiosks are 30 min walk ,

Taxis are great just stand at a bus stop and wave one down ,

But location is key unless you want to taxi everywhere

» Add a new message to this topic