FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > McDonalds

McDonalds

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *luebell888 OP   Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

Just been in and noticed at least 2 staff handling food without wearing gloves. Surely this is not acceptable more so because of the current virus situation?. Would i be wrong to phone and complain?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

As a chef myself food handlers don't put gloves on for ever thing they do as a food handler they must wash there hands regularly with hot water and soap and use nail brush but I can see your point under current situation

Glasgowish

It has just bn bugging me a bit.

By *ringles0510Woman  over a year ago

Central Borders

As long as you don't see them picking their nose, or sucking their finger and then going for your food it should be alright

By *r Costa xxMan  over a year ago

stirling

Not many places wear gloves where the staff remain within food prep area, generally where they move within different areas ie taking money they would wear gloves I think

Best not knowing what food handlers do.....

It was never procedure to wear gloves when i worked there 12 years ago. but i do agree that in the current climate that should be the first port of call!

Central Borders

Used to have a pizzeria next to my work back in Glasgow. The guy who worked there was lovely and i absolutely loved their pizza.

One reasonably hot summer day i went in to get my dinner, but the guy was excessively sweating that time. Dripping right over my pizza!!! Never went back

Glasgowish

It is just because i heard on tv the other day due to virus avoid buffets where other people are touching food. Thats when alarm bells set in. I do not usually bother but surely we should all be taking extra precautions at this present time.

[Removed by poster at 12/03/20 21:15:27]

"Used to have a pizzeria next to my work back in Glasgow. The guy who worked there was lovely and i absolutely loved their pizza.

One reasonably hot summer day i went in to get my dinner, but the guy was excessively sweating that time. Dripping right over my pizza!!! Never went back "

Thats enough to put you off pizzs for life lol

Central Borders

"Used to have a pizzeria next to my work back in Glasgow. The guy who worked there was lovely and i absolutely loved their pizza.

One reasonably hot summer day i went in to get my dinner, but the guy was excessively sweating that time. Dripping right over my pizza!!! Never went back

Thats enough to put you off pizzs for life lol"

Took a while, but i am enjoying pizza again

Central Borders

Took a while, but i am enjoying pizza again "

Just not from that particular shop

I tend to avoid McDonald's as a rule!

Took a while, but i am enjoying pizza again

Just not from that particular shop "

Fair enough its tough to say no to a good pizza

"I tend to avoid McDonald's as a rule!"

Its just so quick and easy after a busy day

Glasgowish

Was there for my son. The only thing i like is their ice cream but too cold for that today

By *igsaw93Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Gloves are only helpful if they are used exclusively for food preparation that doesn't involve touching other surfaces, and don't cross contaminate. Even if this is followed, they still need to be changed every two hours or less. Some gloves are even single use.

I think gloves can make people complacent and then they don't think about the germs they are transferring on the gloves themselves if used incorrectly.

Personally I would rather they followed good hygiene in the kitchens and washed their hands regularly.

Just my tuppence.

H xx

Glasgowish

Did not want to overreact but i was a little concerned when driving home.

"Did not want to overreact but i was a little concerned when driving home. "

Quite rightly so. Very uncertain time at the moment!

Central Borders

I had the macdonalds breakfast once last year some time. Best thing i ever had!!! Egg macmuffin, absolute heaven

Pancakes and syrup for me in the morning from there

"Just been in and noticed at least 2 staff handling food without wearing gloves. Surely this is not acceptable more so because of the current virus situation?. Would i be wrong to phone and complain?"
wel complain try subway KFC et. There all the same

As some for your take aways don't ware any

[Removed by poster at 12/03/20 22:17:19]

By *ittleRed18Woman  over a year ago

Aberdeen

"Gloves are only helpful if they are used exclusively for food preparation that doesn't involve touching other surfaces, and don't cross contaminate. Even if this is followed, they still need to be changed every two hours or less. Some gloves are even single use.

I think gloves can make people complacent and then they don't think about the germs they are transferring on the gloves themselves if used incorrectly.

Personally I would rather they followed good hygiene in the kitchens and washed their hands regularly.

Just my tuppence.

H xx"

That was my thoughts too. Also gloves make clammy sweaty hands, heaven for breeding germs.

As stated, the news references to buffets.

This is because, when at a buffet you all use the ladle supplied.

The virus is spread by touch ie hand to hand.

People in the catering industry need to wash their hands every 30 minutes or so for hygiene reasons.

This shouldn't cause a problem for the general public.

By *innettMan  over a year ago

Aberdeen/perth

"Just been in and noticed at least 2 staff handling food without wearing gloves. Surely this is not acceptable more so because of the current virus situation?. Would i be wrong to phone and complain?wel complain try subway KFC et. There all the same

As some for your take aways don't ware any "

As a member of the industry in a food prep area you may handle food with bare hands only after you have washed them and subsequent washing of the hands afterwards and during prep. This doesn't mean you touch everything. If your prepping raw meat.. obviously wash your hands before doing anything after. Same with veg cooked meats I could go on

However in a coustomer serving area where you will be touching screens/handles/ cash and of course people.. gloves should be worn at all times when handling food.

Though your correct we should be taking extra procaution with the current state of affairs and if at the time you are well within your right to request a server to change gloves put on gloves. Ask for something made fresh if you have witnessed it being touched with bare hands

More likely to catch something from those huge finger print ridden ordering screens. Yum.

Glasgowish

"More likely to catch something from those huge finger print ridden ordering screens. Yum."

Very true

Yes that I can understand as the public pick up food from buffet with there hands but how many actually think about going to wash there hands before going to the all you can eat buffet and that can spread it around

Food handling standards in general have dropped drastically since I worked as a chef or even when I recently saw a relative doing a food hygiene certificate.

Was in a cafe recently where I witnessed a young waitress in full make up drop a false eye lash into food, same girl was handling cash, drinks and cleaning tables (with dirty rag) and never saw her once wash her hands or even have her head covered ( she had waist length hair)

Especially in current times these incidents would have been sackable in my day

Last year I did deliveries for a local Indian take away, one that I ate out of regularly. Went into the kitchen to find one of the cooks stirring a pot of sauce with a cigarette having precariously from his mouth. Ash dropped into the sauce and he continued to stir it in.

Also about 4 other staff members including the owner were smoking in the kitchen.

A wee phone call and a quick resignation and Iwas out of there

Bet your muffin is better tasting x

» Add a new message to this topic