FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Spiritualists

Spiritualists

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Strange for some I know! Any of you on here believe in the spirit world?

Myself was a complete no no then ended up going to a church night in Livingston, changed my thinking about it...

Anyway if you are interested etc. and fancy heading to one of their nights why don’t you come with me!!

Mav xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

There will always be those that believe and those that don't. I keep an open mind on all such matters but the comment I'd like to make is that I've seen this kind of post before and the two comments I dislike is that all spiritualists are charlatans and that they should not take money for their gift. To the first I'd say of course there are some charlatans just like there are in all walks of life and to the second I'd say we all earn a living using our gifts so of course they should charge, they do live in the material world. I'm glad your experience was positive OP

When you say spirit world what do you mean?

Ghost and the supernatural or the Holy Ghost?

"When you say spirit world what do you mean?

Ghost and the supernatural or the Holy Ghost?"

Not the Holy Ghost

By *hav02Man  over a year ago

Glasgow/London

I'm a bit of a science nerd, so things needs to be logical sense to me. Being "spiritual" is an individual definition so it depends on what you interpret....

However, I'm still open minded/agnostic about these matters. (eg. Look up Carl Sagan's flatland analogy).

Plus, where are the evidence for cavemen or animal ghosts!?!

"I'm a bit of a science nerd, so things needs to be logical sense to me. Being "spiritual" is an individual definition so it depends on what you interpret....

However, I'm still open minded/agnostic about these matters. (eg. Look up Carl Sagan's flatland analogy).

Plus, where are the evidence for cavemen or animal ghosts!?! "

Lots of debate on both sides, I’d venture that if there is a scientific and tangible side to our existence there a strong likelihood to there being a non scientific and intangible side too. People who don’t believe in spirits etc often trust their gut or feelings that have no real basic facts for example.

"Strange for some I know! Any of you on here believe in the spirit world?

Myself was a complete no no then ended up going to a church night in Livingston, changed my thinking about it...

Anyway if you are interested etc. and fancy heading to one of their nights why don’t you come with me!!

Mav xx

"

I have always been interested in the paranormal and have thought many times about going

Believer here. Been to a spiritualist and was blown away. Would love to visit a church

Cold reading, it’s been on the go for hundreds of years. Don’t believe in myself but if gives comfort each to there own.

By *argerthanlife40Man  over a year ago

kilmarnock

Believer here.

I’ve done some development and can sense spirit sometimes, it’s an amazing gift and the comfort it gives someone hurting is amazing. I’ve had people come through to me that’s been away less that 24 hours. . I’ve helped them by giving them a postcard from there loved ones who are just out of reach

I don't believe in spiritualism or mediumship. Much as I'd love to, my brain just isn't wired to accept the blind faith required.

Like all things supernatural, I wish it was true - wouldn't it be a fascinating world if we all knew there was an afterlife?

By *eoeclipseWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

I'm not spiritual in ways of believing in the traditional god's in Muslim, Christianity etc.

However, I do believe today's religions were made by man as laws and a way to understand what was not known aka "the will of god"

I'm am not beyond believing in what is rare, unseen or cannot be explained by science

Quantum physics is the realm of magic and is not yet understood....far from it

I've never seen a million quid, but doesn't mean it doesn't exist

If you were an anomaly in nature, would you admit it? knowing what humans do to each other, never mind what they do to those people who are different?

I wouldn't.

By *eoeclipseWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

"I don't believe in spiritualism or mediumship. Much as I'd love to, my brain just isn't wired to accept the blind faith required.

Like all things supernatural, I wish it was true - wouldn't it be a fascinating world if we all knew there was an afterlife? "

There is, just not in the forms usually described.

All the elements came from the big bang, all things in the current universe came from this, you are made from this and you give your elements back to become something else when you die.

"There will always be those that believe and those that don't. I keep an open mind on all such matters but the comment I'd like to make is that I've seen this kind of post before and the two comments I dislike is that all spiritualists are charlatans and that they should not take money for their gift. To the first I'd say of course there are some charlatans just like there are in all walks of life and to the second I'd say we all earn a living using our gifts so of course they should charge, they do live in the material world. I'm glad your experience was positive OP "

I agree with you that any kind of gift, skill or service should be able to be charged for. I am not religious at all but I have had things happen and experiences that have made me very confident of thee being a supernatural / paranormal existence of sorts. I just can't explain what it is. I just know what I've personally experienced.

"I don't believe in spiritualism or mediumship. Much as I'd love to, my brain just isn't wired to accept the blind faith required.

Like all things supernatural, I wish it was true - wouldn't it be a fascinating world if we all knew there was an afterlife? "

I think the language used by those in the divinitory arts (for lack of a better expression) is often to blame for the bad press by those with a more scientific leaning. That and the charlatans of course but there are always those that prey on others. Let's remember too that science has been used to make claims that are no less false in marketing all kinds of things.

Science is also embracing certain ideas that it used to deny by way of cosmology and quantum physics such are realising that the microcosm and macrocosm are linked.

In regard to an afterlife... I too have some doubts but keep an open mind, I have had one or two striking experiences and know people that have no reason to impress me but have the "gift". What I would say is that if everything in the material world is recycleable (even universes) then why would whatever the wee bit of energy that our "soul" is not be too...

Like all things supernatural, I wish it was true - wouldn't it be a fascinating world if we all knew there was an afterlife?

There is, just not in the forms usually described.

All the elements came from the big bang, all things in the current universe came from this, you are made from this and you give your elements back to become something else when you die. "

Yep - agree with you Geo

"There will always be those that believe and those that don't. I keep an open mind on all such matters but the comment I'd like to make is that I've seen this kind of post before and the two comments I dislike is that all spiritualists are charlatans and that they should not take money for their gift. To the first I'd say of course there are some charlatans just like there are in all walks of life and to the second I'd say we all earn a living using our gifts so of course they should charge, they do live in the material world. I'm glad your experience was positive OP

I agree with you that any kind of gift, skill or service should be able to be charged for. I am not religious at all but I have had things happen and experiences that have made me very confident of thee being a supernatural / paranormal existence of sorts. I just can't explain what it is. I just know what I've personally experienced. "

Likewise and so all anyone can do is go by their experience

A bit of a conundrum this one.

As a practicing Buddhist I do believe in a lot of stuff that science is now starting to catch up with.

I have a friend who is a spiritualist and I’ve been to church with her. Unfortunately her credibility was blown out of the water when her photographs showing proof of spirits were in fact double exposed pictures that any amateur photographer could take.

Also for a spiritualist church there were too many Buddhist pictures and scriptures taken from Buddhist monks down the years I found confusing for so called Spiritualism.

I must admit I'm open minded on the after life as well as other life existing outwith our planet.

As for religion I'm not religious but neither am I ignorant to religions.

I live a happy life but the day I die is the day I will find out if there is an afterlife ( am I the only one who thinks that's exciting )

"A bit of a conundrum this one.

As a practicing Buddhist I do believe in a lot of stuff that science is now starting to catch up with.

I have a friend who is a spiritualist and I’ve been to church with her. Unfortunately her credibility was blown out of the water when her photographs showing proof of spirits were in fact double exposed pictures that any amateur photographer could take.

Also for a spiritualist church there were too many Buddhist pictures and scriptures taken from Buddhist monks down the years I found confusing for so called Spiritualism.

"

Yep folk like that are beneath contempt, I have both friends that embrace many different things and even the odd scientist or two, but a closed mind is one that will never learn

"I must admit I'm open minded on the after life as well as other life existing outwith our planet.

I live a happy life but the day I die is the day I will find out if there is an afterlife ( am I the only one who thinks that's exciting ) "

NO lol

"I must admit I'm open minded on the after life as well as other life existing outwith our planet.

I live a happy life but the day I die is the day I will find out if there is an afterlife ( am I the only one who thinks that's exciting )

NO lol "

... and

What if, when we die, the light at the end of the tunnel we see is just us being pushed out of another vagina

NO lol

... and

What if, when we die, the light at the end of the tunnel we see is just us being pushed out of another vagina "

They call that the fear lol

NO lol

... and

What if, when we die, the light at the end of the tunnel we see is just us being pushed out of another vagina

They call that the fear lol"

It's certainly mine... I'm done on coming back (if that happens) Canny be arsed lol

NO lol

... and

It's certainly mine... I'm done on coming back (if that happens) Canny be arsed lol "

I'd probably be a bigger arse if I did come back (if that's possible )

NO lol

... and

It's certainly mine... I'm done on coming back (if that happens) Canny be arsed lol

I'd probably be a bigger arse if I did come back (if that's possible )"

I'd probably HAVE a bigger arse grrrrrrrrrrrr

NO lol

... and

I'd probably HAVE a bigger arse grrrrrrrrrrrr "

Mmmmmmmmm it would look small in my big hands

NO lol

... and

I'd probably HAVE a bigger arse grrrrrrrrrrrr

Mmmmmmmmm it would look small in my big hands"

We need more people with big hands then lol

NO lol

... and

What if, when we die, the light at the end of the tunnel we see is just us being pushed out of another vagina "

There may be some truth to this

NO lol

... and

There may be some truth to this "

I thought so too

Some good reading people, thank you all.

I went last night and told a few things that all adds up...just have to wait and see what the coming months hold.

x

By *oneybadger67Man  over a year ago

Near there

"Believer here. Been to a spiritualist and was blown away. Would love to visit a church "

Don't risk it

By *oneybadger67Man  over a year ago

Near there

"I'm not spiritual in ways of believing in the traditional god's in Muslim, Christianity etc.

However, I do believe today's religions were made by man as laws and a way to understand what was not known aka "the will of god"

I'm am not beyond believing in what is rare, unseen or cannot be explained by science

Quantum physics is the realm of magic and is not yet understood....far from it

I've never seen a million quid, but doesn't mean it doesn't exist

If you were an anomaly in nature, would you admit it? knowing what humans do to each other, never mind what they do to those people who are different?

I wouldn't. "

By *uietbloke67Man  over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

My father was a spiritualist and my mother a Methodist.

I grew up a Metholated Spirt.

I Thank you ......

» Add a new message to this topic