FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Straight ignore or reply

Straight ignore or reply

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *mmixtape OP   Couple  over a year ago

middle earth

If you aren't interested in someone do you straight up ignore the message or do you reply to it.

I've started to adopt the reply nicely but with little interest approach, but that was met with "if you aren't interested just don't reply"

Snarky replies are fun but obviously not very nice, kind replies are leading someone on, and no replies has the guys up in arms about being ignored.

Is there a right answer or an I destined to be upsetting everyone forever

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ringles0510Woman  over a year ago

Central Borders

[Removed by poster at 06/03/20 19:24:37]

Central Borders

Can't get it right, no matter what you do x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I reply politely wherever possible, sometimes that’s difficult in view of my profile but I’m here long enough to know folk don’t read or chance their luck. Do what you feel is best as there are always those that will try your patience and those that brighten your day

"Can't get it right, no matter what you do x"

Definitely miss pringles

By *macunninglinguistMan  over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

Meh. Thanks for the thread. Happy fabbing.

I used to reply nicely to everyone but sometimes it got awkward so now i just dont reply if im not interested. I get a few not nice comments when i dont reply but they are easily deleted and shows me that i was right to ignore them in the first place.

By *40ffCouple  over a year ago

lala land

I reply and tell them sorry your not what we are looking for normally I get thanks for letting me know

Central Borders

"Meh. Thanks for the thread. Happy fabbing. "

You're getting replies, so stop yer "meh"ing. Or should I not reply? Getting it wrong again!!

Aberdeenshire

"Meh. Thanks for the thread. Happy fabbing.

You're getting replies, so stop yer "meh"ing. Or should I not reply? Getting it wrong again!! "

Once you pop..

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

I reply if i can but hate saying "no thank you" to someone who has spent time to messaage me.

By *winfrozrMan  over a year ago

Carnoustie

I always reply, even if it’s just to say no thanks

I'm a blether by nature but that just causes problems on here. Now stick to "Thanks but no thanks" ...if they take the huff, fuck 'em.....already told them I wasn't interested so no skin off my beak.

By *attooed gentMan  over a year ago

anywhere everywhere

It’s always nice to get a thanks but no thanks. But then some continue to message and push you buttons that then make you ignore messages.

But in all fairness you can tell the ones that won’t take no for an answer ignore them

Sometimes I reply with a polite no thanks and wish them luck that has been followed with abuse I sometimes block and I ignore, ignoring causes abuse too can't win

By *1ck1Man  over a year ago

dundee

Very rarely get a reply but there are some nice folks out therd that do reply politely

Central Borders

Someone asked a few days ago if I wanted to meet and I had to give him the "sorry, not quite what I'm looking for" response (and I really am nice about it).

Then he spots a status update on my profile regarding a potential visit to after8 and he suggests we can go together.

So I explain I'd rather just go myself and not feel responsible keeping someone in a swingers club entertained that I have no intention getting naked with.

Exceptions will be made for people I already know btw. People who I get on with really well and I know won't be glued to my hip all night (I'm a flutterer, definitely won't stick by someone's side all night).

Was this wrong? I thought I was being to the point and honest without being rude or insulting. Apparently there was no need for my snide remarks and he's had better fucks than me anyway and a few other out of the blue insults. Still unsure if my reply was uncalled for, but I honestly don't see how...

Aberdeenshire

"Someone asked a few days ago if I wanted to meet and I had to give him the "sorry, not quite what I'm looking for" response (and I really am nice about it).

Then he spots a status update on my profile regarding a potential visit to after8 and he suggests we can go together.

So I explain I'd rather just go myself and not feel responsible keeping someone in a swingers club entertained that I have no intention getting naked with.

Exceptions will be made for people I already know btw. People who I get on with really well and I know won't be glued to my hip all night (I'm a flutterer, definitely won't stick by someone's side all night).

Was this wrong? I thought I was being to the point and honest without being rude or insulting. Apparently there was no need for my snide remarks and he's had better fucks than me anyway and a few other out of the blue insults. Still unsure if my reply was uncalled for, but I honestly don't see how... "

I had a bad day at the office, but, really, you shouldn't have lead me on with that wee x at the end of your reply.

A nice message I always reply.

If it's a fancy a shag message depends on my mood.a straight nope or I just delete.

Central Borders

"Someone asked a few days ago if I wanted to meet and I had to give him the "sorry, not quite what I'm looking for" response (and I really am nice about it).

Was this wrong? I thought I was being to the point and honest without being rude or insulting. Apparently there was no need for my snide remarks and he's had better fucks than me anyway and a few other out of the blue insults. Still unsure if my reply was uncalled for, but I honestly don't see how...

I had a bad day at the office, but, really, you shouldn't have lead me on with that wee x at the end of your reply. "

Damn, that's where I went wrong!!

Was this wrong? I thought I was being to the point and honest without being rude or insulting. Apparently there was no need for my snide remarks and he's had better fucks than me anyway and a few other out of the blue insults. Still unsure if my reply was uncalled for, but I honestly don't see how... "

Nah,he was a duck. Simples.

Nah,he was a duck. Simples."

Dick! Dick!

Christ sake....see this predictive text....you'd think I never fucking swear.

Central Borders

Nah,he was a duck. Simples.

Dick! Dick!

Christ sake....see this predictive text....you'd think I never fucking swear."

Got you

Aberdeenshire

Nah,he was a duck. Simples."

I'll duck you!! You're getting the bill!

By *andACouple  over a year ago

glasgow

We always reply.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

How does he know that he has had better fucks than you if he has never fucked you?

Central Borders

How does he know that he has had better fucks than you if he has never fucked you?"

He'll just come out with anything to try and get one back at me I guess. Isn't the first one who makes remarks like this, without ever having seen or met me x

"If you aren't interested in someone do you straight up ignore the message or do you reply to it.

I've started to adopt the reply nicely but with little interest approach, but that was met with "if you aren't interested just don't reply"

Snarky replies are fun but obviously not very nice, kind replies are leading someone on, and no replies has the guys up in arms about being ignored.

Is there a right answer or an I destined to be upsetting everyone forever "

If someone is gonna be upset by either approach, then I think the problem is them, and they’ll likely be upset no matter what happens. You really can’t win with some people unless they want exactly what they want, and if that isn’t what you want (which it’s probably not going to be 99.9% of the time), then you’re best doing what’s right for *you*.

Worrying about whether you’re upsetting people is super nice, but will only end up affecting you negatively, I think. You’re better just going with your gut and being yourself.

I always preferred to be told "no thanks" and would always reply with a "thanks for letting me know". But after being completely ignored a lot of the time, I recently thought of take that approach with someone I was speaking to and I actually felt quite bad about it...but then I also didnt have he heart to say no thanks after seeing their pictures!

"If you aren't interested in someone do you straight up ignore the message or do you reply to it.

I always reply to any message I get.

Obviously a lot less than the ladies or couples

By *sm265Woman  over a year ago

Shangri-la

Initially I replied to all, more often than not with "no thanks, you're not what I'm looking for", at least half of those resulted in further messages asking why not/what I'm looking for etc etc & occasionally abuse. The ones who persist get blocked.

Now I usually totally ignore the "hi" & faf type messages.

If someone has taken time to read my profile & craft an interesting message, I will take time to reply, even if it's just to say thanks but no thanks.

By *mmixtape OP   Couple  over a year ago

middle earth

It's defo a tricky one, thanks for the input guys x

By *ilveryFoxMan  over a year ago

Midlothian

I’m big enough to accept a ‘no thanks’ without spitting the dummy out and I always reply with a polite ‘thanks for taking the time to reply, take care’. Just be adult about it and deal with it, if someone doesn’t respond then they don’t fancy you, be an adult and grow up.

"I’m big enough to accept a ‘no thanks’ without spitting the dummy out and I always reply with a polite ‘thanks for taking the time to reply, take care’. Just be adult about it and deal with it, if someone doesn’t respond then they don’t fancy you, be an adult and grow up."

I reply to all rare messages. But if someone says no thanks I accept and move on.

I've not had a no thanks yet, but then I'm highly selective. When I'm not interested in an approach, I make that respectfully clear.

If I get a polite no thanks, I always say thanks for replying. If I get no reply, I just make a note that the person isn't interested so I don't bother them again.

I don't really understand people who get angry about it.

I always try to reply to all messages though sometimes can take a while and by that time some have taken the huff and blocked me. Always try to reply with a nice you're not for me if someone doesnt float my boat as soon as I know this is the case.

"I always try to reply to all messages though sometimes can take a while and by that time some have taken the huff and blocked me. Always try to reply with a nice you're not for me if someone doesnt float my boat as soon as I know this is the case. "

Wouldn't it be great if you could set up filters, like with email. Think how much would end up in the Junk folder...

"I always try to reply to all messages though sometimes can take a while and by that time some have taken the huff and blocked me. Always try to reply with a nice you're not for me if someone doesnt float my boat as soon as I know this is the case.

Wouldn't it be great if you could set up filters, like with email. Think how much would end up in the Junk folder... "

Damn is that where i'm going?

"If I get a polite no thanks, I always say thanks for replying. If I get no reply, I just make a note that the person isn't interested so I don't bother them again.

I don't really understand people who get angry about it."

Me either some dont seem to take it in when you do say no thanks though

If someone has obviously taken the time to read my profile and have included pics and I am not interested I reply with a polite no thanks as for the others I usually just delete because if they couldn't be bothered to read my profile why should I take the time to reply??!!

By *indfkdWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

"I reply and tell them sorry your not what we are looking for normally I get thanks for letting me know"

This is my strategy too and I get the same thanks for replying

We always reply to winks or messages. Even if its thanks but no thanks. Most are okay with that some keep trying till we remind them what we are looking for on our profile.

By *agluvrMan  over a year ago

Airdrie

I’ll be honest, I much prefer receiving a reply to not. Sadly, that happens very rarely so if I do get a “thanks but no thanks” response I always make the effort to reply back with a thank you.

I understand and appreciate that ladies on here are bombarded with messages and that it isn’t practical to reply to everyone, but I just think it seems nice to reply.

Central Borders

I’ll be honest, I much prefer receiving a reply to not. Sadly, that happens very rarely so if I do get a “thanks but no thanks” response I always make the effort to reply back with a thank you.

I understand and appreciate that ladies on here are bombarded with messages and that it isn’t practical to reply to everyone, but I just think it seems nice to reply. "

Maybe read the other comments and you might understand why we don't akways reply. Nothing to do with being nice or not.

Also check FAQs on here, fab etiquette apoears to be to take no reply as a no thanks - it's not being rude x

Central Borders

I understand and appreciate that ladies on here are bombarded with messages and that it isn’t practical to reply to everyone, but I just think it seems nice to reply.

Maybe read the other comments and you might understand why we don't akways reply. Nothing to do with being nice or not.

Also check FAQs on here, fab etiquette apoears to be to take no reply as a no thanks - it's not being rude x"

*always

By *tsallthesame77Woman  over a year ago

edinburgh

I used to reply to everything but don’t now.

If it’s a well thought out message I’ll reply even to say thanks but no thanks.

By *ering SeaMan  over a year ago

Penicuik

Messages are few and far between. I’ve had more from site admin thanking me for being fleeced for a fiver than anyone else

Just be true to yourself as long as you feel you’re do the right thing dosent matter how others react it’s their problem, it’s nice to be nice

Ignore them.. you don’t owe no one anything x

» Add a new message to this topic