FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Problematic Party Planning

Problematic Party Planning

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *exual Escapades OP   Man  over a year ago

Scotland

So I've tried and failed on 2 occasions to host a small intimate private gathering.

Either I'm a glutton for punishment or 3rd time really is a charm, as I'm giving it another go. April 17th/18th to be precise, have learned to plan way in advance.

I'm looking for any tips or thoughts on how I should go about this in order for it to be taken seriously. Yeah I'm a single guy, so already a mountain to climb but.....I am fully verified and will also have a female friend joining me for the evening.

Thanks in advance

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *vbride1963TV/TS  over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

"So I've tried and failed on 2 occasions to host a small intimate private gathering.

Either I'm a glutton for punishment or 3rd time really is a charm, as I'm giving it another go. April 17th/18th to be precise, have learned to plan way in advance.

I'm looking for any tips or thoughts on how I should go about this in order for it to be taken seriously. Yeah I'm a single guy, so already a mountain to climb but.....I am fully verified and will also have a female friend joining me for the evening.

Thanks in advance "

Maybe set up a couple profile I think you will be more successful if that’s fully verified and there are some socials coming up you can both go to get yourselves out there .

By *ering SeaMan  over a year ago

Penicuik

Always invite 1/3 more for the inevitable no shows and excuses.

By *ringles0510Woman  over a year ago

Central Borders

PM your fab friends with an invite. If they can come tell them to invite some of their fab friends as well x

Scotland

[Removed by poster at 03/02/20 09:24:41]

Scotland

"Always invite 1/3 more for the inevitable no shows and excuses.

"

Sad but true

Scotland

"PM your fab friends with an invite. If they can come tell them to invite some of their fab friends as well x"

Yes that's the road I'm trying to go down. Invite a couple im friendly with and ask of they would like to invite a couple they know.

By *entralscotscpl7Couple  over a year ago

Falkirk

You could try and arrange a social gathering rather than a party.

I know it's not your intention but a social is a good way of getting folks together without the emphasis on playing.

Then you can suggest a follow up party at a later date inviting some of the singles/couples that you met through the social.

Just a thought.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The sad truth is single guy thing is a down fall

Only reason I know I held parties with my ex when I tried holding them after the split all but one failed but do keep trying just never give up on them

Send out as many Invites as you can it's your party you make the list of people going

And have fun

One of the hottest and best parties we have ever been to was arranged by a single guy! So don’t let that put you off at all. He just networked through his friends on fab to generate the guest list - so defo try that as others have suggested xxx

By *ohn and KerryCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

where will this take place exactly

By *haring is caring ABCCouple  over a year ago

near edinburgh/borders

"One of the hottest and best parties we have ever been to was arranged by a single guy! So don’t let that put you off at all. He just networked through his friends on fab to generate the guest list - so defo try that as others have suggested xxx"

Sounds hot too me a party lol

I would get yourself and friend to a night at cjs and get meeting people even if its just socially, pick a night like valentine's theme night for instance where its going to be packed full of hot sexy people going, get mentioning your party in conversation (word of mouth will get around very quick).

Like a small social of 10 can turn into a large social of 70 in matter of 2 weeks because people talk .

You will honestly have more luck if you meet people in person socially and then before you know it, you're being verified by loads and boom you will have alot of interest.

Just how i would do it. If 1st and 2nd attempt didnt go to plan. Just a thought

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

"One of the hottest and best parties we have ever been to was arranged by a single guy! So don’t let that put you off at all. He just networked through his friends on fab to generate the guest list - so defo try that as others have suggested xxx"

I have a male friend who hosts great parties. Your first party may have teething problems but you learn as you go along. I much prefer private parties to clubs.

"So I've tried and failed on 2 occasions to host a small intimate private gathering.

Thanks in advance "

See if the Gilotons are still on here. They used to do a mean party. Certainly be able to give you pointers I’m sure.

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

"I would get yourself and friend to a night at cjs and get meeting people even if its just socially, pick a night like valentine's theme night for instance where its going to be packed full of hot sexy people going, get mentioning your party in conversation (word of mouth will get around very quick).

Like a small social of 10 can turn into a large social of 70 in matter of 2 weeks because people talk .

You will honestly have more luck if you meet people in person socially and then before you know it, you're being verified by loads and boom you will have alot of interest.

Just how i would do it. If 1st and 2nd attempt didnt go to plan. Just a thought "

Definitely great advice. If you’ve met people in person they are more likely to turn up. Decide on your venue and possibly ask for a deposit. That also helps ensure people turn up.

Scotland

Thanks for the great advice everyone, I really appreciate it.

I do like the idea of branching out socially 1st. It's just a lot harder to do that with someone you have the occasional fun with as opposed to going with your partner.

Tried the whole deposit thing once and never again. Was accused of all sorts lol.

» Add a new message to this topic