FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Smoking

Smoking

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What would you classify as a non smoker

Myself I used to smoke but now vape have been past 6 or 7 months don't do it in front of company

Don't mind smokers at all they can puff away as much as they want

So would I be classified as a smoker or non smoker

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *hatsmynameagainCouple  over a year ago

Ayrshire

I stopped around 5 years ago and been vaping since

I would personally refer to myself as a vapour

I guess I'd call you an occasional vapour

Mr

By *vbride1963TV/TS  over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

"I stopped around 5 years ago and been vaping since

Mr"

Don’t got to Germany and say your a vapist .

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'd say your a non smoker. I smoke but would never smoke before or during a meet with a non smoker. Just have about 3 in a row after it lol.

By *e DevilMan  over a year ago

Blantyre

You dont smoke so your not a smoker, u do vape though.

That will still put some people off.

I still take offence at having to breath in other peoples exhaled vapours though. Regardless of whether you tell me there safe or not. Still height of rudeness blowing shit into the air when im standing beside a "vaper". Not anti vaping if respect is shown .

"You dont smoke so your not a smoker, u do vape though.

I still take offence at having to breath in other peoples exhaled vapours though. Regardless of whether you tell me there safe or not. Still height of rudeness blowing shit into the air when im standing beside a "vaper". Not anti vaping if respect is shown ."

Don't stand beside them then

Blantyre

I still take offence at having to breath in other peoples exhaled vapours though. Regardless of whether you tell me there safe or not. Still height of rudeness blowing shit into the air when im standing beside a "vaper". Not anti vaping if respect is shown .

Don't stand beside them then "

Will that somehow change my opinion or my post in some mysterious way. ?

Will that somehow change my opinion or my post in some mysterious way. ?"

No...but you might feel less offended by them

Blantyre

No...but you might feel less offended by them"

Why would me having to move to another location because of an inconsiderate vaper make me less offended. If anything i would be more offended. I could give lots of scenarios where moving may not be an option . Any comments on the OP again. ?

No...but you might feel less offended by them

Why would me having to move to another location because of an inconsiderate vaper make me less offended. If anything i would be more offended. I could give lots of scenarios where moving may not be an option . Any comments on the OP again. ? "

Does one of the scenarios include you having lost the use of your legs?

I'd class both as smokers.

Ayrshire

Mr

Don’t got to Germany and say your a vapist . "

I think more smoke comes from certain vapes as a smoker ill stick to my ciggies as tried it few times and near cho*ked.. So id say vape is smoking too

"I'd class both as smokers."

I'm with you on this one.

Mr

Don’t got to Germany and say your a vapist . "

Non smoker.

Well done in staying off the cigs

Vapers are worse I think than smokers they seem to

Think because they’re not smoking tobacco that they can stand anywhere and puff away on their vape with clouds of smoke bursting out all over you and drenching you in sweet sickly smells that turn the stomach, amount of times I’ve nearly lost it trying to get in or out a door and someone’s blocking the way vaping at least smokers stand well out the way and and show more respect to others

By *xybumWoman  over a year ago

East Kilbride

"What would you classify as a non smoker

Myself I used to smoke but now vape have been past 6 or 7 months don't do it in front of company

Don't mind smokers at all they can puff away as much as they want

So would I be classified as a smoker or non smoker "

Your a non smoker!!! I’m an ex smoker and now vape, I’m healthier than I’ve ever been and never stink like an ashtray anymore! Aslong as you don’t blow out massive clouds I don’t see how anyone can have a problem! Take a puff and the longer you hold it in the more the vapour dissipates! It ain’t smoke!

"Vapers are worse I think than smokers they seem to

Think because they’re not smoking tobacco that they can stand anywhere and puff away on their vape with clouds of smoke bursting out all over you and drenching you in sweet sickly smells that turn the stomach, amount of times I’ve nearly lost it trying to get in or out a door and someone’s blocking the way vaping at least smokers stand well out the way and and show more respect to others "

I think a lot of smokers don't give a shit to be honest. Lovely weather like the last few days, sitting outside enjoying a coffee and all you get is fag smoke in your face because they're not allowed to sit indoors. Some may try to be considerate but they can't control which way thevwind blows so inevitably you end up inhaling some of it.

By *xybumWoman  over a year ago

East Kilbride

Think because they’re not smoking tobacco that they can stand anywhere and puff away on their vape with clouds of smoke bursting out all over you and drenching you in sweet sickly smells that turn the stomach, amount of times I’ve nearly lost it trying to get in or out a door and someone’s blocking the way vaping at least smokers stand well out the way and and show more respect to others "

Well lose it then? I would never do that and your kinda tarring every vaper with same brush tbh

Ayrshire

I never do that. I try move out peoples way or if I am walking past someone I hold it in until they are past.

Mr

By *tew008Man  over a year ago

edinburgh

Vapors do make smoking alleyways a lot more pleasant. If I closed my eyes it’d be like walking through wonkas chocolate factory.

By *hristian1981Man  over a year ago

dundee

I had this argument visiting a site with work as I stood by my car having a puff on my ecig.

Apprently I should be in the smoking shelter !!

Yup, and AA meeting should be held in a pub - he jogged on rapid with no response

I'm just waiting on the "Oh feck we now know vaping causes all sorts of health problems" announcement...

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

I stopped and started vaping i left it as smoker for about a yr it was about the same time i went totally nicotine free

coatbridge

but you dont mind spraying your pungent bodyspray or perfume inflicting your stench on others nasal cavitys.......it works in many ways it boils down to its a person at fault having no regard for others not the product.

As an aside i think its wrong to dictate what folk can and cant do and where when and how they can do it.

Blantyre

Think because they’re not smoking tobacco that they can stand anywhere and puff away on their vape with clouds of smoke bursting out all over you and drenching you in sweet sickly smells that turn the stomach, amount of times I’ve nearly lost it trying to get in or out a door and someone’s blocking the way vaping at least smokers stand well out the way and and show more respect to others but you dont mind spraying your pungent bodyspray or perfume inflicting your stench on others nasal cavitys.......it works in many ways it boils down to its a person at fault having no regard for others not the product.

As an aside i think its wrong to dictate what folk can and cant do and where when and how they can do it. "

Why do we bother having roads then lets just drive on pavements and swing parks and wherever ee want to kola. People are dictating where we can drive and at what speed. Should we just disregard those rules too. People smoking or vaping are making a conscious decision to do something that can affect others , if they dont want told where to do that activity then they can simply stop. The person being forced to breath the shit in do they not get areas where they can breath smoke or vapour free just like smokers get shelters and other ' Smoker' areas.

coatbridge

Yet another that misses the point.

I dont want the polutants from cars but hey that dont matter.

What matters now is who shouts loudest.

Blantyre

"Yet another that misses the point.

"

Not sure what point im missing and nobody is shouting.

You say you dont like polutants from cars, there has been many rules brought in with regard that too, some that cost people lots of money every year. Im guessing your not against those people to be told , " pay up" for your air poluting cars.

coatbridge

You say you dont like polutants from cars, there has been many rules brought in with regard that too, some that cost people lots of money every year. Im guessing your not against those people to be told , " pay up" for your air poluting cars. "

its not just cars its everything or havent you noticed that almost everytbing is policed has a rule kind of the exact opposite of free weird eh.

The smoking ban is a perfect example at the time (probably still is) the majority % of adults were smokers the majority of places didnt really support the ban still happened why is that ?

The biggest problem is society and folk having major entitlment issues and our govt pandering to the loudest voices.

Your really getting your knickers in a twist over me saying a person spraying there bodyspray is akin to vapers having a puff its practically the same and i tire of typing on a phone long story short folk should grow up and respect we are all diffrent

Blantyre

You say you dont like polutants from cars, there has been many rules brought in with regard that too, some that cost people lots of money every year. Im guessing your not against those people to be told , " pay up" for your air poluting cars. its not just cars its everything or havent you noticed that almost everytbing is policed has a rule kind of the exact opposite of free weird eh.

The smoking ban is a perfect example at the time (probably still is) the majority % of adults were smokers the majority of places didnt really support the ban still happened why is that ?

The biggest problem is society and folk having major entitlment issues and our govt pandering to the loudest voices.

Your really getting your knickers in a twist over me saying a person spraying there bodyspray is akin to vapers having a puff its practically the same and i tire of typing on a phone long story short folk should grow up and respect we are all diffrent

"

Kola my knickers aint in a twist. I agree with lots of what you say about our freedoms being eroded bit by bit but heres a wee thought. Lets take the smoking ban as the example. Smoking is proven to damage health as is passive smoking. Now lets take a smoker in a restaurant, cafe or other public place where other non smokers or even children may be. Since smokers dont care about the passive smoking and damage it causes to health and were inconsiderate of others during their own selfish pleasure. Are you really saying the ban is wrong. Would a child stand up and tell an adult to stop smoking in a cafe. Since irresponsible smokers could not police themselves then government had to intervene. Being honest here, the minute i moved out of my parents house , both smokers , we never ever allowed smoking in our house or cars ever. Back in the day was close to many fights because people blew smoke in the vicinity of our kids in public places. Nobody asked them to stop , just forced them to do it responsibly.

coatbridge

You say you dont like polutants from cars, there has been many rules brought in with regard that too, some that cost people lots of money every year. Im guessing your not against those people to be told , " pay up" for your air poluting cars. its not just cars its everything or havent you noticed that almost everytbing is policed has a rule kind of the exact opposite of free weird eh.

Kola my knickers aint in a twist. I agree with lots of what you say about our freedoms being eroded bit by bit but heres a wee thought. Lets take the smoking ban as the example. Smoking is proven to damage health as is passive smoking. Now lets take a smoker in a restaurant, cafe or other public place where other non smokers or even children may be. Since smokers dont care about the passive smoking and damage it causes to health and were inconsiderate of others during their own selfish pleasure. Are you really saying the ban is wrong. Would a child stand up and tell an adult to stop smoking in a cafe. Since irresponsible smokers could not police themselves then government had to intervene. Being honest here, the minute i moved out of my parents house , both smokers , we never ever allowed smoking in our house or cars ever. Back in the day was close to many fights because people blew smoke in the vicinity of our kids in public places. Nobody asked them to stop , just forced them to do it responsibly. "

car fumes are proven killers also soooooo by default get rid of them or place them away from the mass population

coatbridge

And another thing why couldnt the non smoker remove themselves to a non smoking area venue?

I would agree both smokers and vapors can be rude and inconsiderate having spent the past two months at Glasgow queen Elizabeth hospital going in and out you run the gauntlet with them and its foul on all accounts as an ex smoker I never smoked in front of doorways, I always used smoking shelters its just being considerate of others, my grandson has leukemia and has to wear a face mask to prevent inhaling the fumes despite signs saying not to ..

Blantyre

"And another thing why couldnt the non smoker remove themselves to a non smoking area venue?"

Cmon kola , thats the exact reason they brought in the legislation. So people on a buses should walk to avoid smokers. Kids or pensioners should walk to sllow people to smoke. I know its an irrelevant argument now but under these circumstances you stand by , non smokers should be the ones that remove themselves from the smoke. ?

Ayrshire

I was a smoker when the ban came in and I agreed with it.

Some people made a choice not to smoke, smokers took that choice away from them. A smoker can always move a nonsmoker can't stop breathing

I can see why people don't want to walk through someones vape, Its just manners not to make them

Mr

Big nope.

Get the arguments.. what does what to whom..etc..

But for me, smoking anything is the only one that affects internally and physically (in 100% Of cases) those around then who chose not to.

No patience for it. Plus it stinks

coatbridge

"And another thing why couldnt the non smoker remove themselves to a non smoking area venue?

Cmon kola , thats the exact reason they brought in the legislation. So people on a buses should walk to avoid smokers. Kids or pensioners should walk to sllow people to smoke. I know its an irrelevant argument now but under these circumstances you stand by , non smokers should be the ones that remove themselves from the smoke. ?"

its the same premise..... the only diffrence is you want your car.

Yes i do or more importantly they could have introduced what buisness owners asked for......choice ie i want to remain a smoking buisness or i will change to a non smoking buisness.

By *vbride1963TV/TS  over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

"And another thing why couldnt the non smoker remove themselves to a non smoking area venue?

Cmon kola , thats the exact reason they brought in the legislation. So people on a buses should walk to avoid smokers. Kids or pensioners should walk to sllow people to smoke. I know its an irrelevant argument now but under these circumstances you stand by , non smokers should be the ones that remove themselves from the smoke. ?its the same premise..... the only diffrence is you want your car.

Yes i do or more importantly they could have introduced what buisness owners asked for......choice ie i want to remain a smoking buisness or i will change to a non smoking buisness. "

Those above don’t want to give the minions freedom of choice .

» Add a new message to this topic