FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Fav type of social

Fav type of social

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Saw loads advertised on fabs over time with many Themes... ladies nights , quiz , lunch , rock , Valentine’s , xmas nights etc etc

What other ones have you enjoyed and what was your fav?

And any suggestions for new themes ??

We are a social virgin cpl x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *MCFUN5Couple  over a year ago

GLASGOW

I’m a sucker for the old fashioned themes like Gatsby, Pin-UPS, 20’s that kind of thing as the lingerie was very sexy lol x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I love all the themes and dressing up

"I’m a sucker for the old fashioned themes like Gatsby, Pin-UPS, 20’s that kind of thing as the lingerie was very sexy lol x"

Is there not a few clubs (non swinging ) that have nights like that?

By *hatsmynameagainCouple  over a year ago

Ayrshire

I prefer non themed ones. I'd much rather just sit around a table chatting away.

Although a rock themed one would interest me so I can go in my normal clothes and have music I like lol

My other half loves themed ones and the ladies nights

Mr

"I prefer non themed ones. I'd much rather just sit around a table chatting away.

Although a rock themed one would interest me so I can go in my normal clothes and have music I like lol

Mr"

A classic rock and whisky night.. Sounds ideal.

Maybe some ideas for the regular people that organise the socials too

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

"Maybe some ideas for the regular people that organise the socials too "
thats part of the problem though the old guard refusing to see past anyone apart from who they always have.

I know this comment wont go down well unfortunatly with a few of tge organisers its the truth

Ayrshire

"I prefer non themed ones. I'd much rather just sit around a table chatting away.

Mr

A classic rock and whisky night.. Sounds ideal. "

Id get thrown out, I take cola with my Talisker

You going to the Ayrshire Social?

Mr

Mr

Mr"

I'd block you... If you hadn't already filtered me out. (kidding.. I don't block anyone. Not even for desecration of whisky.)

No I'm away with work.

By *ittlemissnaughtybutniceWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Maybe some ideas for the regular people that organise the socials too "

Not for everyone I know, but I quite enjoy a wee theme.

We recently held a Gatsby themed party. Music & decor were chosen to complete the theme too. And the gents made as much effort as the ladies with their choice of clothes. It was a great night.

R

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

Im not a fan of themed nights and much prefer a straight forward social/drinks nights where you just go along and chillout meeting people over a few drinks

By *earded blossomCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Maybe some ideas for the regular people that organise the socials too thats part of the problem though the old guard refusing to see past anyone apart from who they always have.

I know this comment wont go down well unfortunatly with a few of tge organisers its the truth "

Do you mean not allowing people to attend? As far as I know the few people who organise socials don’t discriminate.

K x

By *andsCouple  over a year ago

Edin

We dislike theme nights much prefer just normal nights! X

Glasgow

"Im not a fan of themed nights and much prefer a straight forward social/drinks nights where you just go along and chillout meeting people over a few drinks "

I’m kinda the same, not into dressing up, we decided with the summer one to do a theme as people had asked

K x

By *vbride1963TV/TS  over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

Mr

Mr

I'd block you... If you hadn't already filtered me out. (kidding.. I don't block anyone. Not even for desecration of whisky.)

No I'm away In the head . "

Good discussion anyway... how did the speed dating one go a wee while ago?

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

There have been rock socials organised and socials without themes. A few of us had a last minute social a few months ago which was great fun. A few of us attended a Bon Jovi tribute night as well.

The quiz that I do is just a normal pub quiz and a few of us meet to make up a team. The team varies every week as to who turns up. Newbies welcome and they get verified.

Anyone can organise a social. There’s no rules stopping you.

Glasgow

"

Anyone can organise a social. There’s no rules stopping you. "

This! The more people organising gives people more choice, some folks may prefer the quiz as opposed to a full blown night out

K x

By *herubs Social EventsCouple  over a year ago

Ayrshire

"Good discussion anyway... how did the speed dating one go a wee while ago? "

People enjoyed the speed meeting

night and i know with the feedback a few people who met on the night went on to meet again afterwards ..but its the same with all the social nights you cant please everyone as an organiser you put on a night and you just want people to come along and enjoy themselves..

We all do the socials differently it just depends on personal choice and what suits people ..we encourage newbies along and always make sure we introduce them to others its always good to meet new people and even better over a cocktail and a bit of sexy convo xx

"

We are a social virgin cpl x"

Same here. Not too the dive on a social just yet. I'm actually quite nervous

By *herubs Social EventsCouple  over a year ago

Ayrshire

"

Anyone can organise a social. There’s no rules stopping you.

This! The more people organising gives people more choice, some folks may prefer the quiz as opposed to a full blown night out

K x"

Totally agree we love attending other socials the more people who organise the better it is for everyone .. gives more choice and dates to choose from .. its always nice to go along as a guest too xx cherub

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

"Maybe some ideas for the regular people that organise the socials too thats part of the problem though the old guard refusing to see past anyone apart from who they always have.

I know this comment wont go down well unfortunatly with a few of tge organisers its the truth

Do you mean not allowing people to attend? As far as I know the few people who organise socials don’t discriminate.

K x"

i know quite a few who do lol

"Good discussion anyway... how did the speed dating one go a wee while ago?

People enjoyed the speed meeting

night and i know with the feedback a few people who met on the night went on to meet again afterwards ..but its the same with all the social nights you cant please everyone as an organiser you put on a night and you just want people to come along and enjoy themselves..

We all do the socials differently it just depends on personal choice and what suits people ..we encourage newbies along and always make sure we introduce them to others its always good to meet new people and even better over a cocktail and a bit of sexy convo xx "

That’s good guys really is loads of choices...and a few are mentioning new ideas too

Glasgow

K xi know quite a few who do lol "

Are they still organising socials?

K x

Mr

Mr

No I'm away In the head .

"

Oi you.

By *atsnTitsCouple  over a year ago

Land Of Naughtiness

We loved going to different socials to get a variety and meet different people. Don’t think we have attended a social yet that hasn’t been a good night. Have organised a few ourselves and it requires a lot of dedication and effort to make it a good night. I personally like the Christmas nights although the last Christmas social we managed to make a baby . Looking forward to this years Christmas social

Flic xx

Glasgow

"We loved going to different socials to get a variety and meet different people. Don’t think we have attended a social yet that hasn’t been a good night. Have organised a few ourselves and it requires a lot of dedication and effort to make it a good night. I personally like the Christmas nights although the last Christmas social we managed to make a baby . Looking forward to this years Christmas social

Flic xx"

You planning to make another?

K x

By *atsnTitsCouple  over a year ago

Land Of Naughtiness

"We loved going to different socials to get a variety and meet different people. Don’t think we have attended a social yet that hasn’t been a good night. Have organised a few ourselves and it requires a lot of dedication and effort to make it a good night. I personally like the Christmas nights although the last Christmas social we managed to make a baby . Looking forward to this years Christmas social

Flic xx

K x"

100% not lolllll I will save that for someone else this year xx

Ayrshire

Mr

Mr

No I'm away with work. "

That sucks, Could have split that Talisker I found with you if you were

Mr

Mr

Mr

No I'm away with work.

That sucks, Could have split that Talisker I found with you if you were

Mr"

It does...some other time and place maybe. . Hope you enjoy the social though.

By *oolsGoldxWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Flic xx

K x

100% not lolllll I will save that for someone else this year xx"

It better not be me

By *rMrsWTFCouple  over a year ago

Arbroath

We dont like themed nights much prefer a relaxed normal atmosphere but music too

One of the best socials for me wasn’t a fab one but a pof one, the pics came up in my memories the other day and it was ten pin bowling there was about 30 of us OMG what a laugh I’ve never laughed so much with a bunch of strangers in my

Life

Far too many fab fab socials to mention

Can’t please everyone, the ones who moan the most are the ones who never go but wouldntput the effort in to organise anything either tbh

» Add a new message to this topic