FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Dilemma

Dilemma

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ittlemissnaughtybutnice OP   Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I've just spotted the profile of a really good (non fab) friend's partner/fiance on another site. She'll be devastated if she knew. Do I confront him or tell her?

R

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I've just spotted the profile of a really good (non fab) friend's partner/fiance on another site. She'll be devastated if she knew. Do I confront him or tell her?

R "

I might not be a good idea as it may cause alot of trouble for yourself but at the same time the person should hang there head in shame! Toughie

Glasgow

"I've just spotted the profile of a really good (non fab) friend's partner/fiance on another site. She'll be devastated if she knew. Do I confront him or tell her?

R

I might not be a good idea as it may cause alot of trouble for yourself but at the same time the person should hang there head in shame! Toughie "

I've no idea what to do for the best

R

R "

I don't think you need the fab high council to make the decision for you!

Glasgow

R

I don't think you need the fab high council to make the decision for you! "

Very true. Just a bit shocked at it.

R

R

I don't think you need the fab high council to make the decision for you!

Very true. Just a bit shocked at it.

R "

Yeah it will be but best to try not get involved unless they piss you off

Glasgow

Unfortunately I know I can't leave it.

R

"Unfortunately I know I can't leave it.

R "

This is devastating tho poor woman, see this is what I don't understand why go in to a relashionship but want other people! If she let him yeah different story but need to find out everything but shame on the fella!

R "

Have you never played with married guys?

If so this is complete role reversal and you'd be highly hypocritical to take the high moral ground on this occasion when you may have turned a blind eye towards it previously.

Why not message the guy discretely and say you've seen his profile. You may have no idea what's going on in their relationship

By *earded blossomCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

R

If so this is complete role reversal and you'd be highly hypocritical to take the high moral ground on this occasion when you may have turned a blind eye towards it previously.

Why not message the guy discretely and say you've seen his profile. You may have no idea what's going on in their relationship "

A seat has just opened up on the fab high council if you'd like it?

John

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

Neither!! Do you know all the ins and outs of their their relationship. Do you know if he has permission to be on here and looking?

Are you prepared to tell your friend and possibly be the one who splits up the relationship??

R

Why not message the guy discretely and say you've seen his profile. You may have no idea what's going on in their relationship

John "

John Haha

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

R "

its a tricky one if you tell her are you willing to accept the consiquences if they split knowing it was you who outed him?

You just dont know enough about the reasons hes here ie he might be here because they have an open relationship .

If you feel you need to do anything then tell him you know who he is and if he is on here cheating give him the option to leave telling him you wont tell her provided he closes the account .

The only problem of choosing to confront him is he could always close the account and open another one so that would be pointless.

At the end of the day everyone whos on here deserves discretion even him Im sure you know many who are on here without consent but you wouldnt bat an eyelid about it .

By *rjaffa33Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Question back to you.....

Does she know you are on here? If not then by telling her not only do you risk being the cause of their break up, you also risk losing her as a friend because she brackets you as 'one of these sluts that goes out to pull married men' (yes yes I know thats obviously not the case...but common sense doesnt always prevail).

If you really cant leave it, send him a message from a different anonymous account saying 'I think I recognise you. Are you not Tracey's* husband?'. Sit back and watch him shit bricks and close his profile (or shock you by saying yes and she knows I am here).

* replace for real name

Nightmare scenario for everyone.

By *e DevilMan  over a year ago

Blantyre

R "

Getting involved is wrong, pure and simple in my book. You have no idea what the dynamics of their relationship is ,just as i guess your friend knows nothing about your Fab life.

If you feel you need to adopt a moral high ground then quietly message him you know, then leave it alone.

I am on Fab and also other sites, with permission. If a friend of MSD said she has seen me on another site we have a cover story for it but thats us. Leave well alone and display that discretion you would expect in your private life too. Yes hes cheating and yes its wrong and yes its your friend but still does not allow you to be judge and jury on their lives. Another wee side note, i cheated for 30 years and never got caught, i confessed and was a very very lucky man that MSD forgave me, but now we are happier than ever before. If she was ever told by a friend about me she would have been forced into a decision she might not have liked but felt backed into a corner. Dump me or face the knowledge that people knew i cheated and she took me back, a lose lose situationfor her. In my opinion steer clear of it , let it run its course. Or tell her and fuck up her life. She might even know anyway and chooses to turn a blind eye, again you telling her backs her into a corner. If you still feel the need to do something,anything, then go kick him in the balls and scare the shit out him if you want , that will probably be enough to sort things out anyways .Sry for the rant but people should not get involved in this type of scenario in my opinion. Good luck OP plz think things through completely before acting. Xxx

R "

I'm thinking of my best mates and was about to say anger would get the better of me and I'd go in guns blazing.

....but the other folks are right here. You don't know the back story and if, like TD said, you've ever played with a married man then you can't judge.

I'd be sorely tempted to send him a one liner telling him he's a cunt though!

Sorry, it's a shite situation to be in. X

By *azzle DazzleCouple  over a year ago

strathaven

R "

It goes without saying, confront him as its your very good friend getting hurt

It's not your business!

Leave well alone.

Glasgow

For clarification, I said it was on another site, not fab.

I also know from my friend that her partner apparently has very strong views on cheating as his ex wife cheated on him.

My friend's previously relationship ended dreadfully & I know what she went through.

My dilemma is that he has asked her to marry him & I honestly feel she knows nothing. I had considered messaging him. But do I risk a friendship if she finds out I knew & didn't say anything?

R

R

John "

I'll respectfully decline if that's ok.

Would rather poke my own eyes out than have to sit with some on there!

Glasgow

R

Why not message the guy discretely and say you've seen his profile. You may have no idea what's going on in their relationship "

You know I have, but only on fab. I stopped meeting married guys when one got caught as a result of being with me.

My first thought is to message him rather than her. If he stops then does she need to know? I just hate the thought of her being deceived.

R

Glasgow

Ok, so another question.

For those that are married/attached ......

If you found out your partner was even looking elsewhere without your knowledge, would you want to know?

If you found out & you knew a really good friend knew & didn't say, how would you feel towards them for not saying?

R

By *unseekers87Couple  over a year ago

Glasgow ish

"Ok, so another question.

If you found out your partner was even looking elsewhere without your knowledge, would you want to know?

If you found out & you knew a really good friend knew & didn't say, how would you feel towards them for not saying?

R "

I'd want to know.

By *nicorn on wheelsWoman  over a year ago

scotland

R

You know I have, but only on fab. I stopped meeting married guys when one got caught as a result of being with me.

My first thought is to message him rather than her. If he stops then does she need to know? I just hate the thought of her being deceived.

R "

Can I ask do you know for sure she’s being deceived?

You’re not allowed 2 questions sorry lol

If I was married and he was cheating and I found out one of my good friends knew I would be more gutted that they didn’t tell me.

By *ighland gentlemanMan  over a year ago

Ardgay

Is the profile active?

It may date back to pre engagement times.

Is he actively seeking meets or just a picture collector, maintaining online friendships?

There is no right or wrong answer. Many will say cheating is wrong and you should tell. Equally many will say you should keep quiet and leave well alone.

Ultimately, the answer is down to you and your concience.

My personal opinion is you should speak to him first (screenshot the profile if you want to beforehand). If he says he's playing with permission, tell him you're going to check with his partner...if he's lying you'll know by the reaction.

Otherwise, let him know that he has a choice... tell his partner himself & carry on or stop because if you see him on any of these sites again you'll assume she knows and will mention it.

Seems like the way least likely to break a relationship or friendship to me.

By *inUpGirlWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"If I was married and he was cheating and I found out one of my good friends knew I would be more gutted that they didn’t tell me. "

This for me aswell.... But jusg be mindful that you will need to explain how you found out x

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

R "

How would they ever know that you knew?. Just keep quiet and let people live their lives the way they choose. Its a tough situation but by you getting involved will just make things worse.

Switch it.

If you found her on here would you tell him?

"Switch it.

If you found her on here would you tell him? "

I wouldn't, which is a complete and utter double standard I know.

But I'd silently judge her if she was outwardly giving the impression of being blissfully happy, planning a wedding and fucking a decent guy about.

By *ringles0510Woman  over a year ago

Central Borders

I'd block the profile and forget you ever saw it. You're not sure what their agreements are, the other half might be on here as well. And a lot of people are here for online fun, they might not actually meet people or cheat on their partners x

"Switch it.

But I'd silently judge her if she was outwardly giving the impression of being blissfully happy, planning a wedding and fucking a decent guy about."

exactly! I think most would do the same which is a total double standard?

Only you know if u can keep it to yourself without it eating at you horrible position to be in don't know what I'd do personally

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

R "

Id say most would want to know but I find it all just a little bit hypocritical if the person outing him has been on a site like this meeting married or attatched people themselves to be honest

R "

My personal opinion on this is to confront the person in the wrong and give them an opportunity to do the right thing, what their right thing is up to them and if need be then be the friend who’s there to pick up the pieces xx

By *arlosF2019Man  over a year ago

glasgow

R its a tricky one if you tell her are you willing to accept the consiquences if they split knowing it was you who outed him?

You just dont know enough about the reasons hes here ie he might be here because they have an open relationship .

Id do this confront him not her ??

If you feel you need to do anything then tell him you know who he is and if he is on here cheating give him the option to leave telling him you wont tell her provided he closes the account .

The only problem of choosing to confront him is he could always close the account and open another one so that would be pointless.

At the end of the day everyone whos on here deserves discretion even him Im sure you know many who are on here without consent but you wouldnt bat an eyelid about it ."

"Switch it.

But I'd silently judge her if she was outwardly giving the impression of being blissfully happy, planning a wedding and fucking a decent guy about.exactly! I think most would do the same which is a total double standard?"

Hands up to being a judgemental wee boot

"If I was married and he was cheating and I found out one of my good friends knew I would be more gutted that they didn’t tell me. "

The problem is often just being the person to tell her will taint the rest of their friendship ... very often its shoot the messenger ... the OP is in a lose lose position ... she just beeds to decide which side sits with her best

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

Im way to opinionated to answer this one will leave a clue.......unless its his house he would be sleeping rough tonight

"Switch it.

But I'd silently judge her if she was outwardly giving the impression of being blissfully happy, planning a wedding and fucking a decent guy about.exactly! I think most would do the same which is a total double standard?

Hands up to being a judgemental wee boot "

By *adbury girlWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

If it was my partner I would want to know.

On the other hand I saw a friends new partner had set up a fab profile so I spoke to a mutual friend and we decided to leave it and see how things go. Once they had been seeing each other a month or two his profile was never active (still there though and they have been dating 5 months now)

I did see another friends boyfriend on pof before but think it was how they met and it was an old profile that he never used.

If you are going to say something to him or message him, he may use this against you one day and tell his gf you knew.

Blantyre

R "

Rosie this is a totally unfair question. If you say nothing, then she will NEVER know you knew . Thats why your question is unfair. The only way she will know is if you confront her partner and when or if he ever does get caught he decided to tell his partner out of revenge , ohhh by the way your friend Rosie knew, she warned me to stop 3 years ago etc etc etc. Another reason to stay out of it.

Blantyre

R

Rosie this is a totally unfair question. If you say nothing, then she will NEVER know you knew . Thats why your question is unfair. The only way she will know is if you confront her partner and when or if he ever does get caught he decided to tell his partner out of revenge , ohhh by the way your friend Rosie knew, she warned me to stop 3 years ago etc etc etc. Another reason to stay out of it. "

Rosie you telling her puts you and your friend both in a lose lose situation. The only win is , yes she finds out and dumps him , win/ lose, you , do the honourable thing and possibly never have the same relationship with your friend as you caused the break up of her fiance, win / lose for you too.

I know its not YOU causing the breakup but in this scenario are you 100% sure your friendship is stronger than the love she has for her fiance. ?

R "

That happened to me. A mutual friend knew that I had starting seeing men and felt torn. She didn't reveal my secret and said it was up to me. When my then gf found out she was doubly devastated. It's really affected her trust in People. I should have had the balls to tell her.

Her long-term friendship was completely over after it too. It was all horrendous. The friend should have told her.

By *lancheifMan  over a year ago

Ayr

Well if you wouldn't in that circumstance then you shouldn't in this one

Can't have it both ways

Leave it well alone

And like you said , you played with married men before and the only reason you stopped was cause he got caught with you

If that hadn't happened how many more married men would you have done

None of your business even though she is your friend.

See what happens and if it all falls to shit then be there for her and just never let on you knew anything about it

That way you're still there for her if she ever needs you to be.

And IF you do contact him to tell him you know then at least tell him who you are so he knows and don't do it anonymously cause that's just cowardice

By *hatsmynameagainCouple  over a year ago

Ayrshire

R "

If it was me I would want to know, And if a friend of mine knew about it and never told me then I'd prob fall out with them.

But I can't fault the advice already been offered, I don't know what I would do in your situation.

Mr

Glasgow

"Switch it.

If you found her on here would you tell him? "

It wasn't on fab, but if I saw her I would speak to her.

R

Dosn't need to be it's the same principle.

OP....looking at all the opinions here I think you're in a no win situation.

Keep schtum....and be a shoulder to cry on if, and when, she needs it.

» Add a new message to this topic