By *exy gent OP   Man  over a year ago

Midlothian

"I'll be there but doing the full marathon god help me "

Amazing, that'll be my next target best wishes x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Midlothian

"Yip me it’s my first one "

Good luck, my 2nd one, a wee tip , when you come through musselburgh, you still have a 3-4 miles to go as you have to head out Prestonpans way and then turn back, quite demoralising but get your head round that and you'll be fine x

By *tsallthesame77Woman  over a year ago

edinburgh

"Yip me it’s my first one

Good luck, my 2nd one, a wee tip , when you come through musselburgh, you still have a 3-4 miles to go as you have to head out Prestonpans way and then turn back, quite demoralising but get your head round that and you'll be fine x"

Yeah I’ve studied route

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm still undecided about the Edinburgh half but think I'm doing the 10k at grangemouth on the 14th April

Midlothian

"Yip me it’s my first one

Good luck, my 2nd one, a wee tip , when you come through musselburgh, you still have a 3-4 miles to go as you have to head out Prestonpans way and then turn back, quite demoralising but get your head round that and you'll be fine x

Yeah I’ve studied route "

Give me a wave as you pass me lol

Midlothian

Thinking of doing the kilmathon this Sunday as good warm.up.for the half

edinburgh

"Thinking of doing the kilmathon this Sunday as good warm.up.for the half "
I’m doing that it’s much more of an incline than the half though. Guess it depends where you are in your training

Not doing Edinburgh but doing Glasgow in September, my 1st ever half ??

By *dglasgow30TV/TS  over a year ago

glasgow

I was thinking of doing it but don't know if I could do it. Some days I feel I could jog forever then the next I fight to do 4miles. Lol x

By *eterjamesmcMan  over a year ago

glasgow

I couldnt even do a half mars bar!

Done the full marathon 8 times, hope you enjoy it mate

Done two marathons but sticking to half marathon this year as my knee can be temperamental

Midlothian

"Thinking of doing the kilmathon this Sunday as good warm.up.for the half I’m doing that it’s much more of an incline than the half though. Guess it depends where you are in your training "

Due to work commitments I'm no where near were I should be, so I probably need the running g to be honest

I honestly take my hat off to folk who have completed the full marathon, that's definitely my next target once I do the time I want for the half

Midlothian

"Done the full marathon 8 times, hope you enjoy it mate "

That's amazing mate, well done

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

"Done the full marathon 8 times, hope you enjoy it mate

That's amazing mate, well done "

Well done to you all. I could only manage 5x 10k and they nearly killed me.

Iv done the Stirling Marathon twice .. wee tip .. pace yourself .. if you’re going too fast early on then I’ll guarantee you hit the wall between 19-22 miles .. I have never felt emotion like it tho .. elation to physical and mental tears to physical pain that I grimaced at and laughed at and cried at all in one moment

By *licker77Man  over a year ago

Stirling

Excellent, go for it ...

Doing the full marathon for my first! All tips welcome

edinburgh

Short run tonight and then kilomathon Sunday then it’s time to up the miles pre 1/2 marathon

"Short run tonight and then kilomathon Sunday then it’s time to up the miles pre 1/2 marathon"

Enjoy your short run and good luck with kilomathon on Sunday.

Night of for me tonight after 2 hard nights of intervals

Midlothian

"Short run tonight and then kilomathon Sunday then it’s time to up the miles pre 1/2 marathon"

How long have you been training for the half?

edinburgh

"Short run tonight and then kilomathon Sunday then it’s time to up the miles pre 1/2 marathon

How long have you been training for the half? "

I literally went my first run on nyd was my resolution and only one I’ve ever stuck too

Midlothian

Good on you, missed a few weeks here and there due to work commitments, but started about January time also, what time have you put in for? I've put down 2hrs, need to stop eating chocolate to have a chance lol

edinburgh

"Good on you, missed a few weeks here and there due to work commitments, but started about January time also, what time have you put in for? I've put down 2hrs, need to stop eating chocolate to have a chance lol "

For the half??? jeezo if I get 2.45 to 2.30 I’ll be ecstatic

Midlothian

"Good on you, missed a few weeks here and there due to work commitments, but started about January time also, what time have you put in for? I've put down 2hrs, need to stop eating chocolate to have a chance lol

For the half??? jeezo if I get 2.45 to 2.30 I’ll be ecstatic"

I'm sure you'll do that no problem, the crowd cheer you on and fellow runners are very supportive ,

edinburgh

"Good on you, missed a few weeks here and there due to work commitments, but started about January time also, what time have you put in for? I've put down 2hrs, need to stop eating chocolate to have a chance lol

For the half??? jeezo if I get 2.45 to 2.30 I’ll be ecstatic

I'm sure you'll do that no problem, the crowd cheer you on and fellow runners are very supportive ,"

I’m a plodder just happy being out there doing it after a few scary health issues

edinburgh

Final prep for kilomathon done, alarm set for 5am so I can get up and have a massive bowl of porridge good luck to anyone doing any runs this weekend

By *ortland51Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Final prep for kilomathon done, alarm set for 5am so I can get up and have a massive bowl of porridge good luck to anyone doing any runs this weekend "

Good luck to you.

Midlothian

"Final prep for kilomathon done, alarm set for 5am so I can get up and have a massive bowl of porridge good luck to anyone doing any runs this weekend "

How did you get on, not the best weather for it

edinburgh

"Final prep for kilomathon done, alarm set for 5am so I can get up and have a massive bowl of porridge good luck to anyone doing any runs this weekend

How did you get on, not the best weather for it "

Nope but it was actually fine didn’t notice the damp mist after a bit. Smashed my Pb for 10km and got in well under time I predicted I would so really pleased.

Suffering slightly now, I stink of deep heat lol but feeling fantastic, on wards with the half marathon training now

Midlothian

Congratulations , fantastic achievement and glad you done so well and enjoyed it, if you ever fancy a 10 mile run before or a training partner to run with give me a shout xx

edinburgh

"Congratulations , fantastic achievement and glad you done so well and enjoyed it, if you ever fancy a 10 mile run before or a training partner to run with give me a shout xx"

Thanks but I quite like doing my own thing, a busy home life and a busy work life means I quite like the solitude of a long run lol. There was people running in pairs yesterday I couldn’t be bothered with chatting and running I started with a friend but he was going for a much quicker time than me but we paced each other for first 1.5km as I’m good at not going off to fast and as we headed to 2 km he went on ahead and I just stuck to my plan to keep my km consistent.

I love the long run, tunes on and I have a wee sing song to myself and away I go quite pleased to see my km splits were very consistent yesterday

"Congratulations , fantastic achievement and glad you done so well and enjoyed it, if you ever fancy a 10 mile run before or a training partner to run with give me a shout xx

Thanks but I quite like doing my own thing, a busy home life and a busy work life means I quite like the solitude of a long run lol. There was people running in pairs yesterday I couldn’t be bothered with chatting and running I started with a friend but he was going for a much quicker time than me but we paced each other for first 1.5km as I’m good at not going off to fast and as we headed to 2 km he went on ahead and I just stuck to my plan to keep my km consistent.

I love the long run, tunes on and I have a wee sing song to myself and away I go quite pleased to see my km splits were very consistent yesterday "

Well done, great achievement.

edinburgh

"Congratulations , fantastic achievement and glad you done so well and enjoyed it, if you ever fancy a 10 mile run before or a training partner to run with give me a shout xx

I love the long run, tunes on and I have a wee sing song to myself and away I go quite pleased to see my km splits were very consistent yesterday

Well done, great achievement. "

Thanks I’m really pleased with where I am didn’t go for it as I’m half marathon training but now have decided instead of just getting round I’m going for a time in the emf half

Midlothian

Well done, great achievement.

Thanks I’m really pleased with where I am didn’t go for it as I’m half marathon training but now have decided instead of just getting round I’m going for a time in the emf half "

No problem, I'm having an issue with my breathing technique just now , need to sort it. Done 7k last night but struggled, well done again x

By *ighland gentlemanMan  over a year ago

Tain

Slow and steady gets you over the finish line every time.

Unfortunately due to too many such runs in my earlier years knees just won't take the pounding on the tarmac any more, so strictly cross trainer in gym these days.

It's just not the same.

edinburgh

"

No problem, I'm having an issue with my breathing technique just now , need to sort it. Done 7k last night but struggled, well done again x "

It’s something I struggled with when starting but more due to fact it was winter and bloody Baltic lol there is lots of reading online about breathing I do an in for four out for four (in through nose out through mouth) and find it’s what works for me. If I get to struggling I’ll take a small walk break (30secs is usually enough) and just slowly inhale and exhale then start again

Midlothian

"

No problem, I'm having an issue with my breathing technique just now , need to sort it. Done 7k last night but struggled, well done again x

It’s something I struggled with when starting but more due to fact it was winter and bloody Baltic lol there is lots of reading online about breathing I do an in for four out for four (in through nose out through mouth) and find it’s what works for me. If I get to struggling I’ll take a small walk break (30secs is usually enough) and just slowly inhale and exhale then start again "

Thanks for that, I'll read up online and try the breathing exercise x

"Final prep for kilomathon done, alarm set for 5am so I can get up and have a massive bowl of porridge good luck to anyone doing any runs this weekend

How did you get on, not the best weather for it

Nope but it was actually fine didn’t notice the damp mist after a bit. Smashed my Pb for 10km and got in well under time I predicted I would so really pleased.

Suffering slightly now, I stink of deep heat lol but feeling fantastic, on wards with the half marathon training now "

Brilliant and huge well done,It's great when all the hard work is rewarded and everything starts falling into place.

Keep up the good work

edinburgh

"

Brilliant and huge well done,It's great when all the hard work is rewarded and everything starts falling into place.

Keep up the good work "

Thanks now trying to find somewhere to get a sports massage for day after emf (and no I don’t want any offers from here lol)

"

Keep up the good work

Thanks now trying to find somewhere to get a sports massage for day after emf (and no I don’t want any offers from here lol) "

I would highly recommend a sports massage for 2/3 days before the half marathon as well,if you do decide to get one tell them you are doing the half marathon and want a light massage,that will flush every thing out your legs and make sure you're nice and loose and relaxed for the race

[Removed by poster at 10/04/19 20:34:15]

» Add a new message to this topic