FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Posed photography some tips & tricks

Posed photography some tips & tricks

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Nessarosa and I often get complements on our photos and questions on how we get those types of photos.

Lets face it…if you are in the middle of having sex, play or really into a sexual experience….it is hard to focus on photography. (I have the same problem…LOL).

Those are more action photos…I like them too.

But some times trying to take some POSED nice classic nudes, fetish or even romantic photos can be a way to understand your partner or break the ice on new friendship.

Sooooooooo…a few tips that I always try to use when taking photos.

1. TURN OFF the flash!!!! Flash makes skin look white and has a habit of making photos look like no thoughts in them. USE existing light, desk lamps, tilted lamps or even construction lights. Bounce the light of white walls or even colour walls for different color effects. Try light from the side (90 degrees, 45 and above.)

2. USE A TRIPOD!!! If you can get your hands on a tripod…..use it.. even your pulse can make a photo blurry with out flash.

3. BACK GROUNDS: please look at your back ground thought the camera lens. Nothing worse than a beautiful photo with children’s toys in back ground, ashtrays, mobile phones, medicine bottles or dirty laundry.

4. PREPERATION: Your model should not have any tight clothing on 1-2 hours before the shooting (No underwear and bras)….leaves indentations on skin. If you do bondage poses, and are going to change positions a lot….don’t make bounds too tight…the mark skin too. WARM: the room should be warm and comfortable for model. There should be nearby bathrobe, sheets and blankets that will be available to the model. COMUNICATION; ask your model where her problem areas and insecurities are. Try and work around these and also respect these!!!! IDEA and CONCEPTS: Let your model know what you want to try and also listen to there impute and ideas. Please think of at least 3 different poses before your model takes off their clothes…..nothing more exposing than sitting there naked…waiting on a photographer to think of what he wants to do. SAFETY: make sure if you doing anything where model can not communicate…..you look out for there safety!!! (if you break there trust…you will never get them in front of your camera again). Safety in the area you are shooting….no one should get hurt, frozen, burned or anything else for a erotic photo.

5. Model – The model need not be sexually alluring. In fact, there are only two physical requirements and one emotional requirement. The two physical requirements are good skin and a well-proportioned figure. Since photography is an art, it might also be good to have a woman with a not-so-perfect body. Leonard Nimoy experimented with this. The emotional requirement is trust. The model should feel comfortable with you as a photographer. This is why male photographers who are new to nude photography normally choose their wives or girlfriends as models

6. Initial poses – When dealing with amateur models or women who have never posed before, it is best to have a few initial poses in mind. This will take away nervousness on the part of the model and will help the photographer decide the next poses that will produce good pictures. Classic poses are sitting, reclining, and standing. THINK BACK WARDS: if you wanted to do a set when model is undressing….start nude…and put clothing on!!!! At end of shooting they should be dressed.

When you are already shooting the pictures, you transform into an artist, seeking beauty out of the subject before you. To maximize the beauty of the subject, here are a few tricks that you may want to try:

Black and white – Skin imperfections of the model can be easily hidden by using black and white. Besides this, black and white adds drama to the picture. (if using a digital camera….try and think black and white when taking color photos. Most free photo programs let you change colour photos to black and white.)

Soft light – Direct daytime light leads to harsh images. Thus it is best to use soft indirect lights. Of course, if you and your model feel adventurous and the weather is cooperative, you may use the natural early morning or early evening light and shoot outdoors. This means that you need to find a place where there are no people. With light, you can show a contrast or a unity between the models body and nature.

Add mystery – Some of the most attractive nude pictures are those that keep the model’s identity a mystery. This can be done by using covers to partially obscure the face or by keeping the face of the model turned away. (Masks, cloths, corsets, accessories, body parts, objects)

The last words…..because I have written to much…lol

If you like someone’s photos, don’t be afraid to ask how they did it….

Try self photography (if you need some help, suggestions or tips….let me know)

Try and make photos that people like to look at, tell a story or you project a feeling.

Do something different!!! Try new things….dick and pussy photos are great to document your body parts….but everyone likes to see creativity.

DON’T BE SHY!!!! Everyone has a part of their body that they don’t like…. Work around it and don’t be to critical.

If anyone else has some tips, would love to hear them or post them here.

Hugs,

Lee

PS Besides the above preparation and nude photography tips, simply follow the conventional rules of traditional photography: composition, focus, and a story to tell.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ot - CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Excellent written well done!

"Excellent written well done!"

thank you....i get carried away...lol

but some photos i look at and know they could get so much more out of photos if they try.

I am still in search of the perfect photo....

Hugs,

Lee

Glasgow

I (him) used to take a lot of B&W photographs and develop them myself, i lost all interest in photography when everything became digital.

"I (him) used to take a lot of B&W photographs and develop them myself, i lost all interest in photography when everything became digital."

I went from normal 35mm to digital and started experimenting more....no film costs....LOL

Glasgow

"I (him) used to take a lot of B&W photographs and develop them myself, i lost all interest in photography when everything became digital.

I went from normal 35mm to digital and started experimenting more....no film costs....LOL

"

By *ath-N-DelCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow area

Well done Lee....

Great tips!!!

"Well done Lee....

Great tips!!!"

thank you!

Hugs

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Very well written, some great tips and ideas

By *issNaughtyxxxWoman  over a year ago

Aberdeen

Nicely written, we enjoy taking photo's and living in the countryside and lots of derelict buildings we like to take lots of indoor and outdoor picture's

Got 2 photoshoot's coming up and i can't wait

"Nicely written, we enjoy taking photo's and living in the countryside and lots of derelict buildings we like to take lots of indoor and outdoor picture's

Got 2 photoshoot's coming up and i can't wait "

cool......looking forward to seeing them.... I (Lee) always get excited when photo shooting coming up....Love it..behind cam and infront...

Hugs

By *issNaughtyxxxWoman  over a year ago

Aberdeen

"Nicely written, we enjoy taking photo's and living in the countryside and lots of derelict buildings we like to take lots of indoor and outdoor picture's

Got 2 photoshoot's coming up and i can't wait

cool......looking forward to seeing them.... I (Lee) always get excited when photo shooting coming up....Love it..behind cam and infront...

Hugs"

2 different photographers so imexcited to see the varied types and shots. Get some more hot pics up in the bedroom I'am lucky D really loves taking pictures and good at directing if need be.

I would love someone to take my pics lol...Mine are all self taken and not very good at all xx

"I would love someone to take my pics lol...Mine are all self taken and not very good at all xx"
find someone you trust and make sure they know your limits..../example say....just photos ...not sex invite.

Hugs

A great post!!

If you ever need an imperfect male model...

male photograph is also very cool....have done a lot and model my self.

Hugs,

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

great pics

"great pics "

thank you,

Hugs

Thanks for the tips. Will try them tomorrow. Great photos on your profile.

your photographs are beautiful - very erotic, sensual and full of mood!

I love them!!

Thanks for the many tips too - I cant wait to get some new pics taken when the weather warms up - love all that skin against stone, bark, textures xx

love ur pics.... they tell a story...fetish n classy well done x

"Thanks for the tips. Will try them tomorrow. Great photos on your profile."

Hope you get some really nice ones.....

"Search for the perfect photo....and enjoy the quest to get it" Lee7

hugs

"your photographs are beautiful - very erotic, sensual and full of mood!

I love them!!

Thanks for the many tips too - I cant wait to get some new pics taken when the weather warms up - love all that skin against stone, bark, textures xx"

Thank you

maybe add some tips from a model perspective,,,,

hugs

"love ur pics.... they tell a story...fetish n classy well done x"

thank you, next chapters are coming...have a few ideas to turn the perspectives.

Hugs

Not reviving the dead.....but had a few people message Us about photos.

I can send links to this forum entry....UUUUHHHHGGGGG..... so I thought I would raise the dead a bit....

Hugs,

Lee

» Add a new message to this topic