FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Friends with benefits or a couple?

Friends with benefits or a couple?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ittlemissnaughtybutnice OP   Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Following on from a conversation.... Are the the same thing or completely different in your opinion?

R

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *e DevilMan  over a year ago

Blantyre

100 % different but the fact we as a couple also play separate if the 4 way chemistry is there then it makes no difference to us . Playing would still happen.

Glasgow

My thoughts too.

R

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Following on from a conversation.... Are the the same thing or completely different in your opinion?

R "

Surely it depends on how you view your relationship.

Fwb- meet up once in a while and shag

Couples- either live together or see each other regularly or consider themselves to be dating

Blantyre

"Following on from a conversation.... Are the the same thing or completely different in your opinion?

R

Couples- either live together or see each other regularly or consider themselves to be dating"

You've answered the OP in a roundabout way but thats ok . You see them as different lol.

R "

I take it this means if your a single guy or female and meet someone often, another single person.

What would you consider it, friends with benefits or couple.

Everyone's views will be different and for what they want.

Are they still fucking others or are they just seeing that person etc..

They might see it as friends with benefits first but if they are only seeing each other then it might develop into something more

By *ade and VanessaCouple  over a year ago

Central Scotland

Very different from a couple but we'd still meet with fwb

V x

Blantyre

R

I take it this means if your a single guy or female and meet someone often, another single person.

They might see it as friends with benefits first but if they are only seeing each other then it might develop into something more "

Theres no grey area on this one. Your either friends

Your either friends who shag fwb

Or your in a relationship/married.

"Very different from a couple but we'd still meet with fwb

V x"

I've had a couple of couples whom I met regularly or tired too.

One in Edinburgh and one couple in Ayrshire. They were 'friends with benefits' but It was hard to be available when they were but I had some amazing, fantastic times which will always live with me and to this day they are still considered friends and always will be even though we don't play anymore

R

They might see it as friends with benefits first but if they are only seeing each other then it might develop into something more

"

Yeah there is

How can you say to anyone on here, you wanna date or be a couple, theres a lot goes into it, both have to be in the same mindset etc...

Do we stop swinging or do we swing and or do we swing separately and do you trust anyone on here to be a couple with you. So first would always be friends with benefits unless you just wanted a one off fuck or didn't want to take it any further

By *n Caiptean MorMan  over a year ago

West coast Scotland

Think the problem comes occasionally when you have a friend with benefits who starts getting attached to you and wants to be a couple

Blantyre

R

Yeah there is

How can you say to anyone on here, you wanna date or be a couple, theres a lot goes into it, both have to be in the same mindset etc...

Do we stop swinging or do we swing and or do we swing separately and do you trust anyone on here to be a couple with you. So first would always be friends with benefits unless you just wanted a one off fuck or didn't want to take it any further "

Uh huh

so there fwb

Then they might become a couple. Wheres the grey area. ?

R

Couples- either live together or see each other regularly or consider themselves to be dating

You've answered the OP in a roundabout way but thats ok . You see them as different lol. "

I'm good at making a simple answer difficult

R

Yeah there is

Do we stop swinging or do we swing and or do we swing separately and do you trust anyone on here to be a couple with you. So first would always be friends with benefits unless you just wanted a one off fuck or didn't want to take it any further

Uh huh

so there fwb

Then they might become a couple. Wheres the grey area. ?"

first of all, lots of people don't want to be a coupe, on here or have a friend with benefits cause a lot don't wanna meet and some just want to have a fuck and move on.

Whatever way the Op wanted this conveyed. For me meeting someone on here, I wouldn't be a couple, well not before I got to know them a lot more so even then friends with benefits would come first.

Also when Op says couple does she mean a swinging couple or a couple in a relationship outwith swinging ?

Makes it easier to answer but for me, on here only, it would be friends with benefits before a couple if I was any of those so way inclined.

Blantyre

R

Yeah there is

Uh huh

so there fwb

Then they might become a couple. Wheres the grey area. ?

first of all, lots of people don't want to be a coupe, on here or have a friend with benefits cause a lot don't wanna meet and some just want to have a fuck and move on.

Whatever way the Op wanted this conveyed. For me meeting someone on here, I wouldn't be a couple, well not before I got to know them a lot more so even then friends with benefits would come first.

Also when Op says couple does she mean a swinging couple or a couple in a relationship outwith swinging ?

Makes it easier to answer but for me, on here only, it would be friends with benefits before a couple if I was any of those so way inclined. "

The Ops question is simple is a couple different from a fwb

Whether they swing or live in a big house together or meet as singles or whatever, theres still no grey area. Yes they are totally different.

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

No I dont believe they are the same a cpl has knowledge and understanding of their significant other whereas what folk call fwb is two folk who meet for sex

coatbridge

[Removed by poster at 20/12/18 19:42:29]

"No I dont believe they are the same a cpl has knowledge and understanding of their significant other whereas what folk call fwb is two folk who meet for sex"

What if you originally met just for sex but have similar ideals and turn into a couple that also enjoy sex with others?

By *andACouple  over a year ago

glasgow

Completely different.

"No I dont believe they are the same a cpl has knowledge and understanding of their significant other whereas what folk call fwb is two folk who meet for sex

What if you originally met just for sex but have similar ideals and turn into a couple that also enjoy sex with others?"

"turn into a couple" that's your answer.

Blantyre

"No I dont believe they are the same a cpl has knowledge and understanding of their significant other whereas what folk call fwb is two folk who meet for sex

What if you originally met just for sex but have similar ideals and turn into a couple that also enjoy sex with others?

"

Ecactly this.

"

Arrrrggggghhhhhh my head hurt not used to thinking!!!

coatbridge

What if you originally met just for sex but have similar ideals and turn into a couple that also enjoy sex with others?"

thats my point a cpl has knowledge and understanding of each other.

Fwb and fb are terms I dont really agree with I have friends and the possibilitys are endless I wouldnt set a profile up with someone either as I see myself as an individual

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

I’ve had couples profiles so that we can meet with others. Was mostly due to convenience and easier to read messages.

You can form close friendships without becoming a ‘couple’ and still play. I guess it’s a sliding scale of where couples are together in a relationship to two people who meet as a couple for fun. Lots of grey areas.

By *MCFUN5Couple  over a year ago

GLASGOW

As a couple we prefer to swing with other ‘real’ couples ie not ones that have been created on Fab purely to access all areas.

We don’t mind meeting Fwb at all however we don’t like finding out that the only reason they set up a couples profile is to get a chance to meet other couples who ordinarily wouldn’t be interested in the single guy/girl.

Some Fwb on fab are very seldom together socially and there are so many that the guy is the only one available for Meets/fun : for me that makes him a single guy and not on my radar but as a ‘couple’ they would be so I would feel tricked into a meet if there was little chance of ever actually meeting both of them together x

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

Completley different .

If its a couple relationship they normally only swing as a couple .

If they are fb or fwb they are just friends who meet as singles as well as maybe teaming up for 3sms or morsomes

By *uboCouple  over a year ago

East kilbride

FB's and FWB to me are much the same thing.

Couples are 2 people who share more than just a sexual encounter. Usually a house

A Fab "couple" is in most cases, either FWB or FB's using the term to further their quest to meet other couples.

Simple really

By *MCFUN5Couple  over a year ago

GLASGOW

"FB's and FWB to me are much the same thing.

Couples are 2 people who share more than just a sexual encounter. Usually a house

A Fab "couple" is in most cases, either FWB or FB's using the term to further their quest to meet other couples.

Simple really "

Paisley

"As a couple we prefer to swing with other ‘real’ couples ie not ones that have been created on Fab purely to access all areas.

We don’t mind meeting Fwb at all however we don’t like finding out that the only reason they set up a couples profile is to get a chance to meet other couples who ordinarily wouldn’t be interested in the single guy/girl.

Some Fwb on fab are very seldom together socially and there are so many that the guy is the only one available for Meets/fun : for me that makes him a single guy and not on my radar but as a ‘couple’ they would be so I would feel tricked into a meet if there was little chance of ever actually meeting both of them together x"

I have had couple profiles with guys that I consider to be close friends and I’ve played with for a while. People who didn’t know us have at times thought we were a couple. It’s not the same as coupling up just to get into a club.

"I’ve had couples profiles so that we can meet with others. Was mostly due to convenience and easier to read messages.

You can form close friendships without becoming a ‘couple’ and still play. I guess it’s a sliding scale of where couples are together in a relationship to two people who meet as a couple for fun. Lots of grey areas. "

Couldn’t have put it better myself x

Blantyre

"I’ve had couples profiles so that we can meet with others. Was mostly due to convenience and easier to read messages.

You can form close friendships without becoming a ‘couple’ and still play. I guess it’s a sliding scale of where couples are together in a relationship to two people who meet as a couple for fun. Lots of grey areas.

Couldn’t have put it better myself x"

Teaming up to meet other couples still does not make you a couple .

Teaming up to meet other couples still does not make you a couple . "

Are you really suggesting that there is a heirarchy of couples on Fab?

If two people represent themselves as a couple then surely that’s how they should be respected.

If you don’t feel they are ‘real’ enough for you then ignore them - simples.

Blantyre

If two people represent themselves as a couple then surely that’s how they should be respected.

If you don’t feel they are ‘real’ enough for you then ignore them - simples. "

They can represent themselves as batman and robin if they want dosnt mean they are. Unless there in relationship there still not couple lol. There 2 individuals that have teamed up

Blantyre

They can represent themselves as batman and robin if they want dosnt mean they are. Unless there in relationship there still not couple lol. There 2 individuals that have teamed up "

And read the second post onthe thread where i said it would not bother me

They can represent themselves as batman and robin if they want dosnt mean they are. Unless there in relationship there still not couple lol. There 2 individuals that have teamed up "

2 individuals who have “teamed up” = a couple.

You won’t agree, that’s fine by me. That doesn’t make you right or me wrong.

Blantyre

They can represent themselves as batman and robin if they want dosnt mean they are. Unless there in relationship there still not couple lol. There 2 individuals that have teamed up

You won’t agree, that’s fine by me. That doesn’t make you right or me wrong. "

You go for a beer with your mate , are you a couple ?

You go for a beer with your mate , are you a couple ?"

Were you born obtuse or did you take lessons to be so irritating, smug and pedantic?

Blantyre

You go for a beer with your mate , are you a couple ?

Were you born obtuse or did you take lessons to be so irritating, smug and pedantic?

"

And so the insults start, i assume you concede the point then

Glasgow

Agreed! Something I feel very strongly about.

R

[Removed by poster at 21/12/18 00:33:25]

Glasgow

We all have our own opinion on what defines a “couple”.

You don’t have to be in a relationship to be a “fab couple”.

Two people who have a couples profile who want to meet like minded people either socially or for fun are a “couple” "

Those that know me know my feelings on this. Each to their own though, but I won't "pair up" with someone just to get meets.

R

We all have our own opinion on what defines a “couple”.

You don’t have to be in a relationship to be a “fab couple”.

Two people who have a couples profile who want to meet like minded people either socially or for fun are a “fab couple”

Paisley

Unless people tell you their relationship status you won’t know if a couple are in a relationship or not.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and if couples only want to meet couples that are in a relationship that’s their choice.

In the 7 years I’ve been on here I’ve had 4 couples profiles with playmates and met as a couple with another playmate as well. Some of them I’ve played with or known for over a year so it was hardly just for convenience.

As a single female it’s reassuring to have the company of a partner when meeting other couples as it can be quite daunting meeting on your own but no one seems to take that into consideration.

The opinions on here have been quite enlightening and since I don’t see myself being in a relationship anytime soon, I guess there’s several couples I won’t be meeting.

Couple -: married or living together and living sperate but together more than a week lol

FB -; met a handful of times over a longer period but also meet other singles

First post in nearly two years and as a single guy now x

My definition of a couple on here is two people living together who can meet at the same time. I aldo notice that a fair number of 'real' couples post on their profile that they won't meet FWB couples. I have had a few guys on fab whom I have met suggesting forming a couples profile purely as a gateway to meet couples and it's always a no thanks from me.

Blantyre

My definition of a couple on here is two people living together who can meet at the same time. I aldo notice that a fair number of 'real' couples post on their profile that they won't meet FWB couples. I have had a few guys on fab whom I have met suggesting forming a couples profile purely as a gateway to meet couples and it's always a no thanks from me."

As i said in my very first message on this thread, i have no issues with friends or fwb teaming up so they can meet other couples or other singles who have teamed up. We would most certainly meet and play if the chemistry was there. My only bee in my bonnet was describing themselves as a couple.

I have been to clubs with female friends when Mrs She D was working etc and we would have played with a couple if the oppertunity had arisen. But that still doesn't make us a couple . Just 2 friends teaming up to give us other options on top of our singles options. Im not knocking teaming up at all.

I actually think its a good idea for singles to team up.

As a married fem iv never understood other married fems playing alone having either but that's just me.

When myself n hubby meet other cpls we couldn't give a toss if their married or not really?

Glasgow

My OP had nothing to do with whether a couple were married or not. More how each described themselves. To me a friends with benefits relationship is different to a couple relationship, whereas 1 person suggested they were the same.

R

I'd agree

A friend's with benefit isn't a cpl?

By *andACouple  over a year ago

glasgow

Got to admit, we wouldn't meet a FWB couple or singles who've paired up on fab to meet as a couple.

By *onkeymagic50Man  over a year ago

Near the harbour

I'm a single Male and if I got a fwb etc I wouldn't class myself as part of a couple, If I got a fwb who moved her toothbrush in then I would class myself as a couple (hope that makes sense in what I trying to say )

Totally different, Fwb means you can see other people, not like a couple

By *ade and VanessaCouple  over a year ago

Central Scotland

"Totally different, Fwb means you can see other people, not like a couple "

Couples can see other people and still be a couple. Do you know what site you're on?

V x

Blantyre

"Totally different, Fwb means you can see other people, not like a couple

Couples can see other people and still be a couple. Do you know what site you're on?

V x"

Yes agreed v its not a greet way to describe what is meant. Obviously couples can play separate as we do And lots of other couples .

» Add a new message to this topic