FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Advice from old timers

Advice from old timers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I am relatively new on here, well less experienced is a better way of putting it. I have no issue with meeting 1 or 2 or even 3 people but the thought of walking into a place where there are 40/60 other people fills me with excitement and anxiety. I would hate to be left standing like a loner.

Its looking like I might be going to the hogmany party where there is a big chance I will not have met anyone before.

Im not shy but I would be going into another zone. Whats good advice from your own experience when going into a party or group for the first time?

If everyone is as easygoing as me I will not have a problem ????

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Walk in with your head up, make eye contact and nod/say hello to anyone who meets your face. Straight to the bar, neck a drink and then start eyeing up the talent

Spoken like a true expert Mrs D , I’d have messaged you to explain a previous but I can’t lol

By *UNKIEMan  over a year ago

south east

Walk in with confidence ..get yourself a drink ...find a table of people you like the look of ..Walk up ..whip your cock out and slam it on the table asking who wants it .....or just take things slowly ..talk to people and be respectful

Attend the pre drinks

Drinks that way less people to walk in to then for the main event you will then know folk.

Haha thats confidence ??

"Walk in with your head up, make eye contact and nod/say hello to anyone who meets your face. Straight to the bar, neck a drink and then start eyeing up the talent "

Sounds fantastic, one arm on the bar and the other with a drink in my hand? ??

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

In the main these are in a pub so if the folk bore ya mingle with the rest

"Walk in with confidence ..get yourself a drink ...find a table of people you like the look of ..Walk up ..whip your cock out and slam it on the table asking who wants it .....or just take things slowly ..talk to people and be respectful "

Tried that B , they all laughed..... Cock of Shame .....

By *awty MaxWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

We are all different! Just be yourself.

If having a drink at the bar alone while you suss out the environment is what you feel comfortable with, well, do just that.

If on the contrary, mingling straight away is what you suits you, jump right in and introduce yourself.

Have fun OP

"Walk in with your head up, make eye contact and nod/say hello to anyone who meets your face. Straight to the bar, neck a drink and then start eyeing up the talent

Sounds fantastic, one arm on the bar and the other with a drink in my hand? ??"

Yeah, fake it 'til you make it as they say. It also helps that I'm pretty blind without my specs so apparently give off an air of confidence but the reality is I'm staring into the distance trying to recognise anyone to talk to.

Try and get a social meet with someone else who is going before u go. Then u know someone

"I am relatively new on here, well less experienced is a better way of putting it. I have no issue with meeting 1 or 2 or even 3 people but the thought of walking into a place where there are 40/60 other people fills me with excitement and anxiety. I would hate to be left standing like a loner.

Its looking like I might be going to the hogmany party where there is a big chance I will not have met anyone before.

Im not shy but I would be going into another zone. Whats good advice from your own experience when going into a party or group for the first time?

If everyone is as easygoing as me I will not have a problem ????"

Honestly its fine, everyone is in the same boat, all like minded and want to mingle. Just go in and chat to people and then take it from there.

Every social I have ever attended, I have went by alone form the very first to most recent and actually everyone is really nice, always have been.

I hope you have a fantastic time and wonderful experience.

By *eADevilCouple  over a year ago

Blantyre

I liked the slap yer dick on the table and say who wants it was the best advice .

By *e DevilMan  over a year ago

Blantyre

"I liked the slap yer dick on the table and say who wants it was the best advice . "

Sry this was He Devils advice not She Devils advice. Forgot i was in couple mode.

"I am relatively new on here, well less experienced is a better way of putting it. I have no issue with meeting 1 or 2 or even 3 people but the thought of walking into a place where there are 40/60 other people fills me with excitement and anxiety. I would hate to be left standing like a loner.

You're 46 man, grow a set. Seriously

I have had some great tips so far and a right laugh at some too. Thanks gang ????????xx

By *parkle13Woman  over a year ago

Dundee

Don't go-go someplace you'll feel ok

If everyone is as easygoing as me I will not have a problem ????

Don't go-go someplace you'll feel ok"

By *imbobaMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I liked the slap yer dick on the table and say who wants it was the best advice . "

Maybe watch out for knocking over someone's drink with this approach. Bad form.

By *exicolaMan  over a year ago

West Lothian

"Attend the pre drinks

Drinks that way less people to walk in to then for the main event you will then know folk."

What if you are a bit nervous to attend pre drinks?

Are there pre-pre drinks?

By *ittlemissnaughtybutniceWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

You have 6 verifications in as many weeks so can't be doing too badly or too shy either. I expect hogmanay will be extremely busy. Lots will know each other but some won't. Just don't get too d*unk or even drink at all. Go with no play expectations & if you do it's a bonus.

R

"Walk in with your head up, make eye contact and nod/say hello to anyone who meets your face. Straight to the bar, neck a drink and then start eyeing up the talent "

Good Plan

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

If it’s the CJs Hogmanay party there’ll be a forum post and you can see who else is going. You can join in the banter and get to know a few people.

Go to the bar.. Grab a drink. Stand on the bar, strip and do the helicopter..

"Go to the bar.. Grab a drink. Stand on the bar, strip and do the helicopter.. "

I just chocked on my morning coffee ?????? epic

» Add a new message to this topic